All Comments on 'Enforcing The Pre-Nup'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 515 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
IT'S OUR FAULT

Nobody gives a damn about the people. Do you think for one minute that anybody in Washington DC, any State Capitol, any County, Or in City Government give a damn about the people. Hell no, all they care about are themselves and the next election. They make a law and then promptly exempt themselves from it for example Obamacare. The congress has exempted themselves and the rest of government including the IRS from the Health Care Act. There are many other cases that I won't go into here but it is our fault. Why is it our fault? We keep sending them back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you Duna (last comment9

coming from you that's some statement.

wheelzCOwheelzCOover 10 years ago
Outstanding!

This story was an incredible read! Without the political overtones it was a great story. With the political message it was simply fantastic! I agree wholeheartedly with your idea of working for the people rather than some party. Thank you!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 10 years ago
Excellent.........

But I have come to expect no less. Your stories always are riveting and I can't stop reading until the end. Looking forward to more soon. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
enjoyed the story....however....

I enjoyed the story. The illogic of not wanting even to hear an explanation, as a plot device, kinda shined thru, though.

Re the politics. Yes, both parties are very bad for this country. However....term limits, albeit those not as drastic as one term, have been tried all over the country. The results are not good. The politicians become weaker, and the lobby fat cats and their bought and paid for high level bureaucrats have become stronger.

The focus on one term, without focus on a program for the common man and woman, is doomed to failure.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THOSE DAMN PRENUPS

hard to create and harder to enforce, TK U MLJ LV NV

LaroneLaroneover 10 years ago
An old warning

Look up George Washington's farewell address. He gave a very detailed description of why political parties are VERY bad for elected governments. Sad that no one paid attention.

Very well written story as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The Solution

Here is how you fix our democracy.

You need to get rid of uneducated and uninformed voters. Morons who vote for somebody's son cause they recognize the last name or who vote for someone for their physical appearance. Get rid of illegals, criminals and ex criminal voters and candidates. And eliminate the stupid two party "either or", "lesser of two evils" voting system. Here's how...

1. Voters take tests on basic government and economics to get a voting license.

2. The voter license is a picture ID card, with biometrics to prevent fraud... and it costs about the same as a drivers license. It isn't free.

3. Convicted felons can never again vote.

4. Convicted felons can never run for any office.

5. Term limits apply and if you serve and lose at the polls you can not run for that post again. You could run for a different post but not that one.

6. Votes are by Borda count. The number of candidates on the ballot determine the count. Example; There are five candidates... you mark a 5 next to your # 1 preference, 4 next to your # 2 preference and so on. The candidate with the most points wins. If you are too dumb to figure out how the ballot or voting machine works... too bad you lose your vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

My only complaint is . . . too much time between new stories.

mickymouse113mickymouse113over 10 years ago
The Beginning

I felt that the opening scene needed to be referenced later on in the story as I was always looking for it.

Other than that it was a very pleasent read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I cried. Great story. Thank you.

Thank you.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Preachy & Overwrought !

The salt of the earth good guy was stainless steel / squeaky clean. The father in law from was a pimp who enlisted wife & daughter as part of his stable for close to two decades and did this while living under the microscope of state politics.

I admire the good intentions & daring of qhml1 in choosing a largely unexplored setting for this LW tale but the field of power plays & subtle machinations in local politics is evidently not ( yet ) in his wheelhouse as an author.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Awesome!

Every now and then I get to read a story I would define as "Literature". This is definately one of themThere are (my personal opinion) many "writers" here on "Cuck-erotica". It is a rare and pleasant pleasure reading a story written by someone I would call an "author". Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wow!

A powerhouse effort, and proof of qhml1 being one of the best we have! I can see how this story might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I will bet that even your strongest detractors will admit the obvious professional writing talent fully on display with this latest work. It felt to me like you started this story out going in one direction, but as you got deeper in to it, it took on a life of its own, and went off in a different way. However, it was actually kind of neat to experience that process as a reader. I think often, it gets edited out. While I pretty much hate politics, I found myself propelled along to the end just by your enthusiasm for getting this message out. Thanks for contributing here! Keep em' coming!

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing a super story.

katranmankatranmanover 10 years ago
Great Read

Another excellent effort, thanks so much! The vast majority of politicians are the lowest of the low, nothing but self serving assholes -- all party labels included...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow!

I always look for new work by Q and was fortunate to find this one!

Apologies for the Anon post.

Thanks again for such a great read...I've also read Rehquist's work and found this to be of the same high quality.

Again thanks for all of your submissions and I look forward to the next...

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5

Another home run by qhml1

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Yet another fine Morality Play

The political recipe was nice but does not work. The surprise really was that Eve survived all this and became a happy Mother and Wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
OUTSTANDING!!

This story should be published--I don't remember when I have read one as good--

Thanks,

Sam

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Tommy's such a typical politician.

Self-serving piece of shit. What kind of asshole watches his wife blatantly raped on camera and decides she's cheating on him? He finds out she's been beaten, kidnapped raped and drugged into submission, and decides she's cheated on him. In order to win over her father, he blackmails her into confessing to "adultery" to keep her marriage to him. All this after he practically leaped into her STD-ridden vagina like it was no big thing. What the fuck?

I would totally get it if he were just a stupid redneck neanderthal who thinks even a woman being raped is a filthy cheating whore, but THEN he goes and completely forgives her and has lots of kids with her. After all, she didn't really cheat, right?

Of course she didn't. This is like some of the dumber 50s shit that StangStar comes out with - misogynistic morality even a woman who gets raped is a whore who deserves BTB, but christfuck, this woman is treated like shit by her godawful father then her husband pulls manipulative shit like that?

The dude's a fucking cunt and deserves a place in the hell most politicians belong in.

The only person I have sympathy for are Greta and Eve, and any kids subjected to such a horrible fucking excuse for a father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Excellent character development. Made it all carry along beautifully. I hope you'll write till your dying day.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Damn, One Fine Story!!!

Have read a few of your stories before, but this has to be one of your best!! Very good character development, flow and writing. Maybe a second proofing might have caught the double use of the same words. But really didn't take from the story. It sure beats all that cuck shit that has been permeating the LW genre of late. So thank you for that!!

It's quite a tale. Covers just about everything. Dirty politics, wealthy degenerates, blackmail, drugs etc. Even a little sex thrown in. Eight pages of great reading. You should turn this into a movie of the week!

5 stars!! Thank You. Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
sorry for all that think it was an excellent story

this is the sickest Story I ever read here. good writing and everything else does not save the Story.

it is really horrible to see that a lot of people think this is an erotic Story. I never read anything so bad how Stan treated his wife and daughter here on Literotica and you still vote 5 stars ?

do you want me to rape you and then in front of the judge you say but it was a 5 star rape !?

this is a sick Story posting it here. I will vote 1 star just for thinking and believing this is erotic. I guess butchering you would be more erotic.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
I'm fucked off I want to read this and

I've started the first couple of pages - but I'll have to come back to it. It's looking like okay writing at the very least..

ChildOfGaulChildOfGaulover 10 years ago
Good enough to overcome its absurdities

As others have said, the actions of Stan and the reactions of Tommy are over the top. Still, the story concept and its writing are good enough to make this one of the best.

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
ok

An interesting way to handle the story. Can't agree with all of it, but hey, everyone to their own. Well written and good characters. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great One

Another fine story from a fine author. I keep reading and rereading some of your work. I am always hoping for more but have come to realize it does take time for the good ones.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Tom

green117green117over 10 years ago
Well... good to see another submission under your byline

I did think as some of the other commentators that there was a bit too much black-and-white, and the sell of the leads agony over the cell phone video was a bit under accomplished. This made his delay over the reconcilation a bit wooden.

As for the message, I kinda agree with LSD, but more so - I would go so far as to say that citizen-politicians undervalues politicians. Would you ask someone to walk off the street and do brain surgery on you? Why then do you want someone to walk off the street and run the country? I think that being a senator or congresscritter is a real job, and takes real skill. In particular, since the system as it stands requires deal making to get anything done, doing those deals and still maintaining any integrity is not a job for just anyone.

The underlying trope ("politicians are crooks") is common in the culture, and is also part of the problem. Many people in political life do it to help - the Jerry and Vivian characters in this piece being examples. If these characters came to the center, and the heart of the piece, then you would be working towards a solution. We need to value good hearted people in the political sphere. Throwing them out of office, due to term limits or inadequate ideological purity ("RINOs"), is making the system worse.

And so... I would also add that we get the government we pay for. The majority of the money going into politics is from narrowly defined interest groups - they may call them selves "Americans for..." but they are talking about themselves, by and large. How about a real correction of the funding of politics? Afraid that any contribution by you is too small to make a difference, that it wouldn't have your name attached to it? It is the fact that the money and effort has names attached that is the problem - if the majority of the money was anonymous, due to the many contributors, then there would not be the problem of quid pro quo. Give and work for whom you chose, and then vanish into the night.

Humm... I'm of two minds about the female leads - Amy and Vivian were strong and heroic, whereas the other two were not so much... but such things do happen in the real world, and I suppose I can't fault you for representing such.

Anway, thanks again and sorry for my quibbles on message.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not a BAD story, but

Bot even remotely erotic. Classify it as Non-Erotic, and OK. As is I rated it 3-stars.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
#2. Turning out to be one of the best

Snapshot. 430 voters. 4.75 rating and already in the LW Hall of Fame. It just doesn't get any better. Oh and did I say it didn't have any cuck shit? Okay, some commenters feel some of this went over the top. Maybe it did. Remember, it's only a story. Plus being a very good read!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
a fabulously well written tory that was just plain fucking stupid

The STATE SUPREME COURT JUSTICE drugged raped and used to

" service" political donors?

unbelievably stupid story.

The Politics are really good if you have an IQ of 90 or less... or if you are one of those dumb fuck tea Party assholes

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Great Story

HarryVa get a grip the Judge was'nt Raped the wife and Daughter of a Public Official was. Read Carefully and Remember Vivian was the Judge. Greta and Eve were the ones being used.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Fantastic story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It is said that ignorance is bliss.

I just read Harry in VA's comment and sad to say he is showing his BLISS. If you don't like the TEA party you are an ignoramus. They are strict constitutionalists and unlike the other BLISSFUL harry (deliberate) that heads up the US senate they believe in following the law.This is not the forum to attack either party but your ignorant comment just couldn't go unanswered. I consider myself a centerist (social conservative) and a supporter of states rights and much smaller central government but I respect the constitution AS IT IS WRITTEN. Career politicians out (corruption unlimited) and layman politicians in with strict term limits.

Harry I am using anon because you could just be asshole enough to try to get some of your lefty liberal thugs to try and find me.

To ghml1 you write evocitive and challenging stories and always seem to come up to a ***** rate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Harrying Va does he know what he read with his IQ of 80

This guy is a piece of work, making comment on the judge who was not rapped. What was he reading . This guy needs a life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Question for Harry in Va

What color is the sky in your world?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

In serious need of an editor! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
really ?

Stan threatens to expose his daughter having sex with someone not her husband ?

After insisting on a prenup that would give all the money to the husband ?

The money that funds his political career ?

The son in law that he has hated and threatened ?

insane

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
ok not great

i read it and was thinkin wheres the sex? ok but fucked up story line...may i say that i think followin details to the prenum may have helped better and mentionin politics just makes me wanna look up spoof videos of sarah palin gettin fucked lmao....so in short lose details on politics and details to sex

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Good story but.....

Good story, really got me in early but became a bit of a tedious rant towards the finish. I wanted to reach into the text and smack the hero when he was more worried about his own feelings than his unborn child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wrong posting area

Interesting story, but why Loving wives???

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Great read but wrong category

From the comments, it seems most either love this story a lot, or else they hate it (the minority, I might add). I think Romance might be a better fit, and yes, there was not a lot of eroticism in this. But it was well-written and flowed smoothly. The mark of a good story is in part how well it stirs the reader's emotions, and this story did it well. There was intrigue, corruption (we all love politicians, don't we), suspense, love, hate -- what more could one want? I give it a five, despite questionable category choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WT....

I don't like people that don't like bigoted or closed minded people because .... they bore me. I'd agree about both parties fucking us over though. But the answer isn't one term it's no term...

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 10 years ago
A littlee over the top . . .

. . . but in all a really heartwarming story.

I love a good love story.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Huh

I don't know what bugged me more. The whole "you were drugged and manipulated and raped, but what about my butthurt" thing, or the tired Tim Robbins/Bruce Springsteen fantasy that fixing the political system would be so easy if just one person said and did the right things.

You're one of the best writers here though.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 10 years ago
Yeah good shit mate

Liked it - well written

Thanks

MikepennyMikepennyover 10 years ago
Liked it

So when's the movie come out. Feel like it would be a good one.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Wow, powerful...

... Admittedly I've never been a big fan but will give credit where credit is due. A damn fine story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
GRRRREEEEAAAT

The only thing that comes to mind is WOW! What a great story.

Danger09Danger09over 10 years ago
Welcome back!

I thought the story was great. I'm not into politics I think ALL politicians are lying snakes but if tommy ran for office I would've voted for him. I'm usually a BTB type chic, so I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the story. I thought the characters Eve, Greta, Vivian , Celeste , Amy , tommy were very loveable. I thought the father was a prick. I'm glad you're back. Keep up the fantastic work.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
This...

This is probably the best Reconciliation tale I've ever read, and I am not a fan of reconciliation! Wifey was a pawn in her father's twisted political game. He was willing to kill her if she didn't do as he wanted, and her mother too! I already hate politicians, but the Asshole in this one takes the cake! She was forced against her will by a sociopath. Stan the Asswipe was pure evil, and deserved far worse than what happened to him, to be honest. Hell, Old Testament style justice would have been too easy on him!

All in all, 5 HUGE Stars!

leviayersleviayersover 10 years ago

you're a great story teller. and I love the grass roots movement concept. It's badly needed. 5. should be 10

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Capitol

Great to see someone that knows there is a capitol and a capital. You did slip a couple of times.

seekermikeseekermikeover 10 years ago
Love and politics

I like the ideas you have and it gave your story a vehicle, but a one term limit would reduce government to an organization run by the inmates(beauracrats). I'm not sure that would be an improvement. Excellent tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
and so they fall

So very well conceived and written, this was one of the best offerings in recent history.

One comes to like many of the characters....and we note here that several of them actually had character.....especially our protagonist.

Now, the control scene was a little overdone, but one supposes it was necessary to justify the responses.

This is the first story we've seen that speaks directly to the political illness that plagues our country nowadays.

Perhaps there will be others that will speak to the legion wrongs and suggest ideas for making amends.

Glad to see Eve stood her ground when it mattered and that they could regain their union.

This writer does not believe that daddy got all the hurt he needed or deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
simply exceptional

I'm really becoming a fan of your work. kind of great storytelling reminds me of what star stang could be if you would just stop writing stories that had a really stupid women and Mustangs! please keep it up story writing in this section of the site has really gone to s*** lately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
careful, there's a crack in the wall......

This story was very well written and tells well.

However, there is a perceptual break between the opening paragraph and the story's ending.....at what point did our hero have a chance to have such a conversation with Stan?

Elsewhere in the story you made it clear that he wanted no further contact with Stan and provided little opportunity for the apparent flash-forward at the beginning, what with being in jail and court and all.

all things considered, that ending was smart, and good story-telling...but how did that initial conversation happen if the rest of the story really holds together? It just seems out of place, time and probability.

Otherwise, very nice work!

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
thanks again

another really fine story. but then you have had me as a fan for a very long time. liked the way you developed the characters. don't know if the one term theory would work. might end up with a group that wasn't answerable to the voters with too much power. thanks again for a well developed story.

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenover 10 years ago
A great read

It made my whole morning

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

I think I've read almost all your works at this point but I guess I had missed this one. What a great, powerful, emotive first section. I spent the next 7 pages waiting to see where that part fit in, only to realize that it seemingly had nothing to do with the rest of the story (or how the title actually comes in overall.)

I did enjoy it, it was well written and fast paced, but with the first section and the title, it didnt deliver what it had advertised. I really want to read the story that goes along with that first section and title, if you ever write it...

Metheus in ME

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*

A worthy nod to Rehnquist's indomitable works, this is one of qhml1's finest stories.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Well written

But...

I liked the verisimilitude in the story. He got roped into politics, not by his FIL, but by his own narrow interests. I found the credible.

I 5ed it and added it to my favorites, BUT...

The only thing missing on Stan was the mustache to twirl. I liked the complexity of the situation, but not the villain. Would it be possible to have a bad guy who DOESN'T rape and pimp out his family? Did they also have video of him drowning kittens and kicking puppies for fun? Zero redeeming social qualities.

And while on that subject...yeah. This is a political porn. Do we want a President who, without ANY experience in any level of government suddenly thrust into power at the very top without any ability except to make a good speech...

Oh....

Sorry...

See how that turned out?

The Romans had a system where you learned the system organically and got to your level of 'competence' by (rigged) vote. Got some great guys...but they all had SKILLS to do what needed to be done...for the most part. I don't think it would work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very good!

But not a 5 in my book. The editing was weak (lots of mispells and use of wrong words) and the narrative jumped from place to place instead of flowing.

But wow the concept was great. Thx for taking the effort to put it down for us. Most enjoyable the hour or so it took me to read this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fresh & Interesting

Good story line. Introduction too long with too many details. The challenge between between Stan & Yont needs to be more rambunctious. Maybe some early warning hints about Stan's bizarre relationship and abuse of his wife and daugher would serve to build the drama. The stories resolution seemed rushed...and to me that was the most interesting part. More aggressive editing would be useful to tighten the flow and enhance the drama. Good read. 5x5

jacsrjacsrover 10 years ago
Amazing Story

Some stories come some go, this one will be around a long time read and reread.

Enjoyed the entire story.

Keep these quality stories coming.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Umm...

@FD45

You aren't supposed to like the villain in this tale! Personally, I loved hating him. I was really hoping for a slow tortuous death scene for the Asshole, but a lifetime in prison being a bitch works too.

Politicians are kind of like cockroaches. The main difference is that cockroaches are more likable. lol

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Interesting and well paced story

I agree with the comment about not liking RAAC stories, but Eve was the victim. Criticisms about the story being over the top may be valid, but I still liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
terrific read

Excellent writing and great story line.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
The fine line

@ Irondragon

There is a fine line between villain and caricature. I am not sure exactly which side of the line qhml1 strayed in this little tale.

So...the villain married...but only to have this person to sexually sell. No love. No passion, no empathy. Frankly, the change up at the end of the story belies what was already established: that this man had no soul or empathy. So what does he care what he lost except for this power? Why would grandchildren he never knew mean anything to him? As he was described, they wouldn't. His grief marked a departure from him as a character.

Because all he was was bad as described. That isn't a character, that is a foil at best, a piñata at worst.

As a lesson in comparison, let's look at the lynchpin of this story. Tom wanted MONEY for this disabled 'make work' program for the handicapped. This is a laudable goal. Guess what? There are a LOT of laudable goals. So when Stan opposed him, what was HE protecting? Now, in qhml1's world, no doubt it was his hooker money for buying Russian ex KGB agents to get/make dirt on his political enemies. But what if that money had to come out of retired 'meals on wheels'? At risk reading programs? Art programs for aspiring teens? Heck, what if that dollop of money was just a make work program for Mr. Stevens, that kind old man at the Statehouse who sells newspapers. Retired, this is his only 'extra' money.

This is called 'nuance'. One can be opposition without being EEEEEVVVVILLLL!

We got the later here. There wasn't a single redeeming characteristic in Stan. Ergo, a caricature. Guess what? I hated him too. But it took significant suspension of disbelief to believe in him.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 10 years ago
It's an unusually good story

despite the fact that it's a bit over the top in terms of some of the self-importance issues (with both the "hero" and his nemesis, ex-father-in-law, when it comes to the "resources" they were able to bring to bear, at any moment's notice)...

but, again, it is an oddly well written, feel-good, good-and-evil story, in which the normal Lit-"loving wife"-ambience (e.g. whether she cheats or not; whether she's evil or not; etc) plays little ... because the over-story is strong enough to stand alone as a cartoonishly dark story crimes and misdemeanors...

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago

@FD45

Thanks to my insomnia, I'm still awake. lol

Anyway, there are some people in this world who are exactly like Stan. They are selfish and self-serving. That is pretty much the definition of Evil right there. This was a tale of mostly black and white with a few shades of gray in there someplace. Mostly on the main protagonist's part. I thought he was a bit stupid to not see that his wife was being forced, and when he did see it, still couldn't get past it until he had to be basically bonked upside the head. He's hardheaded and stubborn, bordering on stupid. However, Hubby is still a well rounded character for being portrayed as a "redneck". Asshole Stan, on the other hand, while being a caricature, was also believable to an extent.

There REALLY ARE people in the world like the Asshole. Unfortunately, they can't be drowned at birth... yet. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
agree to disagree

IronDork has no background in real life and sees no problem with the Klingons or Orcs being caricatures. However, in realistic writing this author failed to create a credible villain - his Intro to Creatve Writing proff would've told him that.

One dimensional characters with no redeeming sides fulfill the stereotype and appeal to children and shallow readers. Mature readers seek depth and layers to our characters and look for conflict within and without - agree to disagree!

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
qhml1

Do not for a moment think that I did not enjoy the story. I was fist pumping with the rest of the crowd when he 'cane hooked' the guy with the briefcase.

My quibbles are that: quibbles. I've written one dimensional characters. I've had people better than any human has a right to be.

That doesn't remove from the enjoyment of the story. But occasionally, I like a murky bit of soup...just like the Lazy Lemon soup the departed Rehnquist served up.

Daniel32Daniel32over 10 years ago
Isn't that just precious?

ID's anonymous stalker is back with his "IronDork" name calling. Then he has the gall to say "Mature readers seek depth and layers to our characters and look for conflict within and without - agree to disagree!"

How mature is that, Anonymous? Double standard much? lulz

Good story though. I enjoyed this one, Author. 4* read.

Bish08Bish08over 10 years ago
Terrific!

Engrossed from the first paragraph right through to the end. Thought the characters were great and mostly believable. Thanks for another great story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Good story

A bit far fetched as far as the political developments go, in my opinion as a non-American. Reminds me a bit of the unrealistic political model in Thorn Birds.

But the first part of the story, the romance, was very good, I thought.

PS. While agree with your stand on career politicians, I don't think one term is sufficient. Too much loss of continuity. You would have a whole new senate and congress EVERY election. I would suggest 2 terms, perhaps with a lifetime 3 terms in one office, but this is getting off topic, and good for a debate over beer and wings in a bar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What every happened to Rehnquist?

In your final comments, you mentioned Lazy Lemon Sun series. Do you know what happened to Rehnquist? He has not posted anything in almost 2 years and he has not answered any of emails.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Rehnquist

No, he has not answered his emails, even personal ones.

I will not speak for him, because that is not my place, nor do I have any information which I will share.

Instead, it is my personal belief that he has gone on to greener pastures which precludes working here.

If he still visits the site occasionally, just to check a story, a tip of the hat to you sir.

And if I am mistaken and he is dead, I'll gladly pour libations to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Even more precious

Daniel32 thinks that is not anonymous? Still in 3rd grade Danny? Copy of your government issued ID and you won't be anonymous sweetie, otherwise, welcome to the internet where despite your cute attempts to escape reality and become your contrived avatar you are still anonymous hun.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

It reminded me a great deal of Rehnquist. Five stars.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

5***** and I put it into my collection.............

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Story Change

It seem that the first section with the discussion of the pre-nup doesn't fit the rest of the story. Was this an edit?

Other than that, the story is fantastic.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks***

For a long read.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 10 years ago
HOLY S**T!!!!!

This is one helluva story. Best one I've read on Lit. Very powerful. Once I found out about Stan, I was cheering for Tom, Greta, & Eve all the way. Stan got what he had coming--what goes around, comes around--and Tom, Eve, Greta all got what they deserved--a great life!

hoosier76hoosier76over 10 years ago
Thanks

Another very entertaining story. I too was rooting for Tom and him taking her back at the end threw me, especially from your beginning. Way to keep the suspense!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 10 years ago
Wow what a read

Very strongly story is worth voting (5 stars) and commenting!!!!

I sadly got hooked and was not able to finish story on my first two attempts to read. Only made me want to read this story more. Finally got it read. Ok I did have to cheat on the second attempt to make sure it wasn't a story with NO ending (detest them). Really a overall great read. If Q is influenced by other writers stories, please read more of them if it will produce such quality writing!

Thank you Q, I appreciate your effort in writing and posting! Keep writing and I will keep reading!!!

silverback_96silverback_96over 10 years ago
One of the best ... Five *****'s Bravo!

One of the best stories i have read in the site ... Five *****'s Bravo!

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Incredible intriguing drama with all the bells and whistles.

I thoroughly enjoyed this extremely well written drama. This would make an excellent movie. Thank you for the entertainment.

jimdel1jimdel1over 10 years ago
politics

damn, at the present time i wish that pol. party was in congress right now! too many congressmen and women have been there so long collecting $s from the govt., you and me, and perks from the manylobbyists! 1 term, that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gordo12gordo12over 10 years ago
Wow!

5* What else can I say.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 POLITICS DOES MAKE STRANGE BEDFELLOWS

and the march to the front table is twisted, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not a criticism but...

You're an excellent writer (and that is why I gave you a 4), but this story is just too fantastic to swallow. What's the guy going to do next? Abolish all war? Eliminate world hunger? Solve the American obesity epidemic? Still, the theme was good and if anyone picks up the idea of the One Chance Party and runs with it, perhaps your hero might just have a chance to abolish war and end poverty after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
not

good,,,,nad story *

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 10 years ago
A real question for "anonymous"

Why exactly do you, Mister/Miss Anonymous (a) hide behind the veil and (b) denigrate every single decent piece of writing on this site? If you don't agree with the premise of the story, then (stop me if I'm going too fast for you here) DON'T READ IT. Your poorly worded "comments" only serve to highlight your own illiteracy and your constant harping on the subject of the content as opposed to the quality is tiresome at best.

Here's a real suggestion for all those who "prefer" to remain anonymous: Get. A. Life.

You clearly spent enough time reading whatever seems to anger you so much to get to the end, assuming you did not simply fast forward to that point, so the question arises: why are YOU not writing "better" fiction than those you so gleefully wish to strike down from your comfortable dirty underwear in your recliner?

I'll grant the premise was somewhat far fetched, but isn't that the POINT of fiction? Is it not supposed to be a bit larger than reality in order to make a point?

Okay, for the Sesame Street Challenged amongst us, I'll explain. No, there is no time. I will sum up.

Boy meets girl from different social strata. Much friction and eye opening experiences ensue. Politics bad. Boy loses girl. Girl actually loves boy. Deus ex machina, happy ending, love conquers all. They lived happily ever after.

And the piece was incredibly well written and/or edited. Admire the work if you don't agree with it. Or do a better job yourself. There is an art form to this stuff. Read HueDogg and tell me he is actually as "poorly" spoken as he portrays and make me believe it. Good luck with that.

Here's the thing: THIS author is consistent in his excellence. I don't always agree with the story--it's fiction, and it's SUPPOSED to elevate your emotions.

Personally, I think it should not be possible to leave anonymous comments. You should have to explain and support your words. The authors do. Why do you, Mister/Miss Anonymous, not?

Just the way I see things.

shadowjack17/Brendan MacCall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Almost lost me there...

When an intelligent person has to get sense knocked into his head about whether abuse victims CHOSE to be abused, it's a negative for them...

Having Tommy blame his wife when he was already told about the drugging and abuse and obviously knowing t the extent of things his father-in-law would go to and at one point even telling his mother-in-law she did nothing wrong... well, you get the point...

If he hadn't gotten some sense the second time he saw his wife I'd have considered him a bad guy too...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lost

lost time 000000000000000000000000000000***********************

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Politicians

Seems you can't trust any of them. Even if you are family. Great tale.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8911 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories