Every Man's Fantasy Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Megan was enjoying discomforting him.

"Well, don't you put her up to anything," he warned.

"Of course not! Besides, if she hasn't demanded her rights yet, then it's because she's got a plan. Delicate feelings won't hold her back."

"All right, you've had your fun. Let's talk about something else."

8Reviving Yumi

Later that afternoon, a new reading was noticed on the instrument panel of Yumi's pod, saying: "Estimated time to completion: 03:41."

Less than four hours to go. Everyone was pleased, except that the completion time wasn't going down quite as swiftly as the time elapsed reading was going up. No matter: it was a hopeful sign.

They agreed to check the progress every half-hour or so, taking turns to visit the pod and report to Ezra. The process went on interminably but, finally, a message in blue appeared on the screen, surrounded by flashing bands. It said: 'Procedure completed. Pod ready to open.'

Megan was the watcher at the time. She called out for Ezra and the whole salvage party came running.

Nervous and, unusually, a little hesitant, Ezra entered the code to complete the command to open the pod. A small hatch slid across under the instrument panel, revealing a red lever. Ezra held the lever, paused, then he pulled it upward. It moved smoothly and clicked in place.

There was a whirring noise inside and a hiss. The perspex dome slid up, making a horizontal crack in the pod. Another whirr and hiss and the crack opened more. Cool air leaked out of the pod and formed into steam, falling out of the crack. A last whirr and hiss and this time the whole hemisphere lifted up and hinged on the back, opening like an oyster shell.

Inside, there was Yumi, asleep in a chair that sort of wrapped itself around her. Straps held her in place and hypodermic needles on robotic arms stood threatening her neck, arms and thighs, which showed the puncture-marks where they had been attached. Yumi was thin and drained but breathing.

Ezra pushed aside the robotic arms released the straps and put his hand on her neck to feel her pulse and check her temperature. She seemed fine. He spoke quietly in her ear.

"Yumi? Are you awake?"

There was no response.

"Yumi," he said again. "It's Ezra. Can you hear me?"

Eyes tight shut, she opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Nod if you understand. Do you want some water?"

Yumi nodded.

"Some water, please," he said.

He held a small cup to her mouth.

"Ready?"

She nodded and poured a little in. She swallowed.

"Ready?"

He poured some more.

She hiccoughed. Her hiccoughs lasted ten minutes and he and Thalassa took turns to feed her water in between her hiccoughs. A few times she opened her eyes but she didn't speak.

"Yumi. We're going to pull you out of the pod. We want you to stand up. Can you do that?"

She nodded.

Ezra and Kalyndra reached under the girl and lifted her out. She stood in the sunshine, supported around the waist by Ezra and Kalyndra, blinking with unfocussed eyes, but on her feet and conscious. She shut her eyes again and bowed her head, shaking it a little, as if forcing herself to wake up.

She tried to speak but coughed instead. Then she raised her head. She seemed to take in the scene this time: the circle of women around her, the sandy beach, the whispering ocean and the hot sun. This time she spoke.

"What did you say your name was?"

He turned to face her.

"My name's Ezra. Do you remember me?"

"Yes, yes I do. ... I remember the sirens and getting into the escape pod - but nothing after that. ... I remember Capella. Gosh! Ezra! Where are we?"

"This is Samothea, Yumi."

"Really? Samothea? You found it?"

"It sort of found me. I crash-landed here."

"Oh! ... Er," she looked around again. "Are they Samotheans? Are they friendly?"

"Yes, and yes, very friendly. I'll introduce you soon. Meanwhile, let's get you moving."

"The beard's new, Ezra. I like it. How long?"

"Over a year."

"It doesn't take a year to grow a beard!"

"No, but you've been in the pod for a year, just over."

"Oh! ... Oh!"

"Shall we try walking? We have a camp just over there. There are tents and a fire. We'll have dinner soon. There's lots to tell."

"All right, Ezra. I'll walk with you."

Yumi was disoriented and tired but apparently healthy. It was a relief, considering what physical and mental impairments were possible after revival from suspended animation.

Sitting around the camp-fire, a good dinner cooking, Yumi was introduced to the salvage party. She wasn't expected to remember all their names but she was expected to tell them about Earth, or at least explain her clothes. She was still in the short skirt and crop top she had on in the bar on Capella where she met Ezra. The Samothean women marvelled at her shiny high-heeled shoes, her stockings and her bra. Ezra quickly intervened to prevent much tiring questioning - and to lessen the effects of Yumi's culture-shock.

She was recovering quickly, however, and had something to say to the group.

"My brain is still fuzzy and I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to remember tomorrow, but I'd like to say thank you all for rescuing me."

It was enough for now. Ezra put Yumi to bed with Dagma and Megan but she wouldn't settle without him there. He was the only thing from Earth she could cling to, so Cressi wailed her disappointment in vain and Ezra lay down to cuddle Yumi and let her use his chest as a pillow. Before she nodded off to sleep, he whispered:

"I haven't asked you why you stowed away on my ship."

"Can I tell you later, please? It's a complex story."

"Of course. One more thing. The pod showed two heartbeats."

"Also complex. Please, Ezra? I'll tell you later, when my brain has cleared and I'm not so tired."

"Of course, Darling. It's good to have you back. We need you Yumi. Samothea needs you!"

1...345678