First Year After Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Grandma came back out around 11:30, and Mom and I walked back to our unit to get the bag of Dad's ashes and that same pair of scissors from the travelling urn. We didn't even fool around, I swear. We rejoined everyone else, and at midnight, we all walked to the waterline, Mom cut a corner of the bag, and we each took a turn pouring a portion of Dad's ashes into the waves, each of us saying a private goodbye, starting with Grandpa and Grandma, and working down through my uncles, aunts, me, Patti, my cousins, and finally my Mom emptied the last of the bag, dipped it into the water to let it fill up and poured it back out, to be sure as much of him made it to the ocean as possible.

We walked back towards Tony's unit, checked that there were no more embers in the firepit, hugged each other, and headed to our beds.

Mom asked, "Can you just hold me tonight, Drew? I just need to feel your arms around me."

"Of course, Mom, whatever you need."

~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: Next up, Internship, Patti and Drew return to college, Tina starts dating, and more...

As always, constructive feedback always appreciated.

Leenysman