All Comments on 'Gambling Trip'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
francis_toliverfrancis_toliveralmost 7 years ago
Thanks Magmaman

for a nice slice of life story. Always fun to hear whats going on with you and Debs!

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 7 years ago
Fun!

I like hearing the antics of magmaman and Deb. They enjoy life and since they came to an understanding they have been on such an upswing. May more people get to enjoy living on their own terms.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 7 years ago
Only knowing the previous stories...

Only knowing the previous stories this story can be funny and understandable. If you don't have read those previous stories, for some people it can be boring...But it's a good and light story...3*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 7 years ago
Deja Vû to a Hemmingway duel ?

If you read Cliff Notes to "Snows of Killamanjaro ", there's a few parallels going on with what MGM has been doing with this and last few stories. There's differences to be sure , no doubt. Deb is more accomplished ( but equally loving ) version of Helen. This narrator didn't aspire to literary greatness like EH's Harry.

The main similarity is the end is very near, the leopard of mortality can be sensed pacing impatiently , sometimes snarling around the fragile tent. Yet both narrators are at peace with the end to come.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A Dodge Ram that gets 30MPG?

I have a hard time accepting that.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 7 years agoAuthor
To anon:

The 2016 Dodge Ram 1500, which is what Debs and I have now, is rated at 29 MPG highways and 21 MPG city.

On the road at a steady 65 MPH it hits that on the button, back off to 55 and she passes 30 MPG with ease. Just the magic of modern engine technology, surprised me also.

Not what this tale was about though, what happened down there is what happened down there. Fun trip, just us older folks acting silly, wasting money and recapturing a bit of youth.

Thanks,

MGM

loveloverloveloveralmost 7 years ago
Honest

Meandering, unpretentious, bragging on the wife....

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Dude, love your writing style

Dont change, too old to change anyhow. Love to know whatever happened to that young dude and the girls you used to nude sunbathe with, the one who banged Debs and had the attitude you didnt like. Do you ever see any of them around town now?

Jim44444Jim44444almost 7 years ago
LMAO.

I can picture the majority of massage therapists cringing if they ever read this story. But it would be a very boring story if you only got a massage.

Thanks for another amusing slice of life from Dan and Deb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Stuck on the 23rd floor

Glad you're writing again. And glad to hear you say that you and Debs have worked it all out. But I suspect many of your readers are still stuck on the 23rd floor. That is what you need to write about. Your stories seem to be real, and that Todd guy episode was painful to read. I don't know how you and Debs worked through that, tell us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sad saga of Dr Deb & Dan the ‘Man’

Every add-on chapter to the original gets lamer. The story is a one-trick pony. Repition is the bane of good storytelling. Should have quit after story one

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2706 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...