Gnarly's Angels Ch. 10: Silent Lucidity

Story Info
"No business like show business. Business is good."
8.4k words
4.68
6.9k
4
0

Part 10 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/17/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So what did you think of my girls, Jailbate?"

Gavin Reese sorting through old records to kill the boredom of a slow day, after the girls had left shrugs. "Different. Like I said earlier Pooki and Ho Nee shred on the guitars. I'm not tooting my own horn, but I could probably teach them a few things."

Pinky resting her back against the display cases next to him, arms folded, nods, "I love my Asian persuasions. We rocked together for a good year or so."

"So what made you leave them for Milkbone?"

"Nothing feudal. I just decided I needed to spread my legs...wings even. Gidget used to hang with us and I knew she could sing so I groomed her along. I think she's turning into quite the Diva."

"They might consider an image change. Those schoolgirl outfits have been done to death."

"Tell that to Angus Young of AC/DC. He'll be buried in that kid's get up."

"Probably so." He chuckles discovering an old Molly Hatchet album, "Here's an unsung hero. These guys killed it back in the day."

Looking as he shows her the jacket cover Pinky winces, "Too hillbilly."

"Well yeah. Still those guys owned it."

"I thought you were a metalhead?"

"I am. It's influential to appreciate all genres. These fellas rocked hard."

"I get that. You know Jailbate drooled over you right?"

"What woman doesn't?" He laughs and puts the album back into the bin.

"Love the ego. For the record, not that one." She scowls pointing at the Molly Hatchet album, "Why did you choose Jezebel that night at Ginger's?"

"Did I choose her? She climbed on to me if memory serves."

"Shocked me. She's not usually into white guys. Not jealous or anything, but I figured maybe you might have liked me after getting you the job here."

"You got me the job?" He reacts queerly, "I think I handled that part on my own just fine. It's all about presence. You want business? The guys come in for you. The gals will come in for me." He nods toward Floyd's office, "The classics will drop by for...nostalgia."

"You got that right. Wait until you meet the rest of my family. Trust me you'll think Floyd is a saint."

"Oh that reminds me. Connecting family, now that you bring it up, Floyd says that the girl down the block at the T-shirt shop is your cousin."

"Katrina? Yeah, she's awesome. Why? You got the hots for her now?"

"Black Crowes circling...Jealous again?" He sings ever so briefly laughing.

"Nooo! Get over yourself. Did Gramps tell you Katrina is deaf?"

"He did. She seems to be dealing just fine."

"Kind of have to when you've been that way since childhood. It's sad really, I'd love for her to hear me on stage, not just see me." Pinky fidgets with a depressed look on her face.

"I take it she's been to a show?"

"Not since I joined Milkbone. Only a garage session with Jailbate."

"You should invite her to Naperville on Saturday. Might do her good to know you care, and want her to be a part of your career."

"Maybe. She doesn't party like I do though. She might feel out of her zone."

"Have you even asked her what her zone is?"

"I guess not. How did the subject of Katrina get brought up?"

"When I was passing by her shop I looked in and had a brainstorm thought. Have you guys printed up any Milkbone shirts to get the word out?"

"No we haven't. Good idea."

"Well now, doesn't it make sense that Katrina gets your business? You maybe even getting a discount?"

Pinky puckers, "I'm digging the idea. Let's design it on paper and we can run it by her."

"I was also thinking that the logo you guys have could evolve more. Why would you use a dog tag with your name in it as an attention getter?"

"We were gonna have two Pitbull's fucking but figured it might be in bad taste." She giggles.

"Any worse than cum shots all over your bus?"

"Better than tomato stains." She licks her lips seductively.

"Only offering insight Priscilla." He uses her real name.

"Watch it." She pelts his arm with her fist while shaking her head. "Seeing as it's your idea you go draw it up. I'm gonna go relieve my bladder and head out back for a smoke."

"So you park out back? No room for my Jeep or my bike to save on the parking costs?"

"Not really, but seeing as you got eyes for Katrina she might share some room in her back alley spot."

"That would be great. I wouldn't mind hanging on to this job, but my finances need all the help they can get."

"You blow through that advance we gave you already? Heard you bought a bicycle, planning on riding that to work?"

"Naw! That was a gift to a gal in my brownstone. She's a bike courier but some asswipe ran her off the road. Trashed her frame."

"You're broke and you buy things for people you just met? I'll take a diamond bracelet."

"She's a nice lady. Down on her luck as much as any of us. Pay it forward I say. I'm sure if I need anything she would help me."

"Like a blowjob? I can help you out." She laughs.

"Not every exchange requires sex Pinky. But, I won't say no to that." He chuckles then points at her, "Not today though. First impressions."

"You sure? I'll let you make an impression here...and here...and even here." She points at her tits, ass, and face while wagging her brows.

"Another day."

"Fine! At least I know you want me."

"As a friend just as much. Let's never lose that."

"Beneficial." She winks then wiggles away. He couldn't resist her tight little ass in that white micro mini. The girl had it going on. She knew it too. Without looking back she raises her skirt over her butt cheeks. She knew he was looking. Mirrors helped.

Back at the Brownstone...

Crystal Balou returned home from a single Uber drop off, a slow day but she was glad due to the building stress. This pending rendezvous with Roy made her ill. Queasy, she gets out of her car and starts to head inside the back door to the brownstone. Heading upstairs she finds herself cut off on the staircase by a lazy looking Regina wearing an off the shoulder cream colored shirt and loose white shorts.

"You doing alright Lady Blue?"

"I'm fine Regina. Just didn't get much sleep." She yawns without acting, "I wonder why." An extended tongue razz and flared eyes sends a mental message to the beautiful black woman with instant poise and grace.

"We were kind of loud weren't we?" Reggie grins.

"Gnarly must have been in rare form."

"Not really. He took off on us, so I took the party back to my canopy bed. Mmmm Mmmm! That Ivy is one fine white girl."

"I'm glad you two hit it off. I didn't know she was bi. I've seen her with a couple different guys at Barbarians, but honestly I don't know much about her. She's always nice to me though. Anyway, what did you overhear the coppers say when you went all undercover snooping?"

"Enough. Tell me you're not going through with that. Honey I have your back if you wanna go talk to their Captain."

"No. I'm not sure how deep bad cops go. If we did do that Roy could find out and retaliate not just against me, but you. Reggie I couldn't live with myself if you guys got into trouble. What did Gavin say about it?"

Wincing Reggie admits, "I didn't have time to fill him in. Your boss hitting on him, then offering him that job, me and Ivy. Liquor. I'm a piss poor friend for forgetting."

"Promise me you won't tell him about my meeting Roy. As much as I value you guys watching my back, I just know this will go terribly wrong if I don't just show up and deal with it. Please Reg."

Seeing Crystal beg didn't sit well, but Reggie nods and drags Blue into a hug. "If they hurt my girl I'm going hostile."

"Stay clear unless I don't make it home. Don't even text me, or he will read it. I'll let you know after it's said and done. I swear."

"Not liking this Blue, but okay. I won't tell Gnarly about the hotel. I'll just say they were asking you if you kept quiet about the night you came home cuffed."

"Know about that too, huh?"

Reggie lifts Crystal's wrist to see raw marks. "Baby I'm black. I know handscuffs when I see them. Too many of my family wore them. Some deserved it. Some didn't."

Softly Blue whispered, "Thank you." As she did, her cell pinged forcing her to react, "Another fare. So much for catching up on my soaps."

"You watch that trash?"

"I meant take a shower." She tosses her head from side to side, "Ok, I DVR the Bold and the Beautiful. Blame my Mom for getting me addicted. Love you Reggie." Blue retreats out the back door.

"Love you too Baby." Regina didn't like biting her lip. Gnarly needed to know, and lying to the good soul was already eating her up before the man could even question her. "50 pushups. Gotta get my mind off this crap." Off to the hallway gym she went.

Pinky Floyd's record store...

Gavin was left alone behind the counter on a still slow and boring day. He wondered how the place kept in business. They hadn't made enough money to pay his wages even. Another challenge in his mind to find ways to bring in business. Even if he had to dress as a Giant LP and dance on the street corner. The only real marketing he noticed was on Milkbone's concert flyers as saying tickets sold at Pinky Floyd's with the address. Who buys tickets to shows unless they're the big time? He had a good laugh. This was his first day so maybe business would pick up tomorrow.

Finding a notepad he had sat back sketching ideas for a new logo. Utilizing a laptop that Pinky fired up for him before he left he also searched for inspiration. Everything from dog sites to metal band logos that already existed. Something would catch his eye.

As his belly growl got in the way he wished he had brought a lunch. He really hoped Pinky or Floyd might treat him on his first day. Pinky maybe. Floyd? Too cheap. Persistence on the laptop kept him from fearing the hungry lions.

As he scrolled sites he hears the front door bell ring. Finally! A pleasant surprise steps through the door followed by a delicious aroma. Two actually. Perfume and food. He was attracted to both.

"Hello again."

"Good golly it's Miss Bali. Don't you let anyone steal my Jeep." He chuckles.

"My Mommah is watching the lot. She brought me lunch. I thought I might share it with you, if you are hungry. I might also peruse the records."

"What's on the menu? Besides you." He winks with a warm smile.

"You will make me blush." She steps up offering him a Tupperware dish. "It is an Indian dish I hope you like Hindi food."

"I can honestly say I've never had any." He pops the lid, "Smells delicious."

"It is called Dum Aloo Lakhnavi, with crispy fried potatoes stuffed with paneer, mingled in an onion and tomato gravy. My parents also own a restaurant."

"Sounds yummy. You bring a fork?"

Eyes flare along with a set of gnashed teeth, "I left it on my counter. So stupid of me. If I go back now Mommah will make me stay. I told her I was going to feed a homeless man."

"Might not be far from the truth if these jobs I just got don't pay the rent." He laughs charmingly raising up two hooked fingers. "Your fingers or mine?"

"Oh my! I...you may use my fingers." She giggles and steps closer easing in to pluck up a potato and lifts it to his lips. He softly takes it, chewing it and savoring the taste. "This is really good Bali." Smiling she dips her fingers into the sauces and procures a mushroom. This time being a smaller bite his lips surround her fingertips and he holds them between his lips while winking. Her heart pounded like a jackhammer. Incoming blushes evident.

"Even more delicious. Before you pass out I'll take over. You go look over the records while I inhale this stuff. Thanks for thinking of me."

"I...could not stop thinking of you." She flares her gaze then realizes how embarrassing she must sound. Turning on her heel she points red fingers toward the records.

"Here you might want a paper towel. Twice today I've seen you with a roll of Bounty." He tears off two sheets and passes them across. She accepts them and giggles. This girl was gorgeous he thought. Worth knowing for sure. "What kind of music strikes your fancy?"

"Hard rock of the 80's. My family think I am silly for liking such rubbish. They are somewhat old school as you say."

"In this country, 80's rock is old school. Big fan here too. Go take a peek."

"I shall." Turning away she keeps her paper towel and browses. While Gnarly devours his lunch she discovers an album of interest. Lifting it high enough for him to see she coughs up, "I adore this. I am so very strange." Seeing her choice he nearly chokes on his food.

"Wow! I just looked at that Molly Hatchet album like two hours ago. I tried convincing Pinky how good those gents were back in the day."

"I play Flirtin' with Disaster on guitar. I do not know why, but I love the rhythm."

"You should bring your guitar in sometime. I'll bring my amp and guitar, we can see where things go from there."

"Are you asking me to Flirt with Disaster?" She giggles bringing the album up for purchase.

"Calling me a disaster?" He laughs belching, "Might not be far off if this food hits home."

"You are quite amusing."

"Well, you are quite beautiful. Sweet too. Thanks again for the lunch."

"You are welcome. I find you quite handsome as well."

"Records on me. Payback for feeding the starving artist."

"I cannot let you spoil me." She relinquishes the rolled up paper towel to search her hoodie pouch for a small clutch purse. He too wipes his hands and mouth off discarding the towels into a waste can below the counter.

"Fair trade no arguing with me. Unless you wanna give me a discount on my parking spot." He winces playfully.

"Father would know and question me. I am sorry."

"I was only joking. No worries. I'm not broke yet. Week isn't over though."

"You make me feel bad." She pouts.

"Hey!" He reaches across the counter to hold her hand softly, "Never feel bad. I got this."

"This?" She shivers.

"Getting ahead of yourself Bali Hatchet." He pats her knuckles with a wink, "Might be room for a date in our future if you're up to it. Busy next couple weeks getting used to my job schedules, but I would definitely be honored if you would join me for..."

"YES!" She adds excitably.

"Sounds like a concert in our future."

"You may pinch me now." She fans herself with her free hand feeling faint.

"Not on our first meeting. I'm a gent. Second meeting I'll let you know you're not dreaming." Another pat to her hand he releases it and passes over her dish. Pointing at her he adds, "See you when I get off?"

"I would love to see that." Her eyes bulge at how forward her words were yet again. "At the parking lot. Yes. I will be going to die now."

"Try not to do that until I see what you've got."

"Oh my!" She blushes heavily.

"Guitar skills. Get your mind out of the gutter." He chuckles bagging up her album. Handing it over she graciously accepts his gift. "Keep smiling."

"I like what you have called me. Bali Hatchet. Perhaps I will name my band that...when I get one. Goodbye handsome Gnarly."

"If you get bored out there you can wash my windshield."

"I think I might, again."

With a nervous yet happy swagger she exits. He heard her squeal the second she hit the sidewalk. A good day so far.

Bensenville...Suburb of Northwest Chicago.

"Thanks for the tip." Crystal Balou was once again free to take a breath. On such a bright sunny day she should be making a small fortune driving people around. For some reason her fares were few and far between. On her way back toward home she yawned one too many times and opted to stop for coffee. Choosing a small corner convenient store she pulls in and hops out. Heading inside she grabs a French Vanilla Cappuccino and stands in line to pay. Ahead of her were four other people. One a soldier in uniform fatigues. Handsome, tall, and sturdy she thought. In front of him a woman that once his frame stepped aside was easily recognizable. Even without her Hijab. Her hair was long and stunning.

"Hey Fatima. Twice in two days. How are you?" Blue greets her. The Muslim beauty brightens up and hugs her ever so softly.

"I am well. Did your car start?"

"Yes. Thank God. Is this your husband?" Her impression was a tall John Cena.

"He is. This is John Hale. John? My friend Crystal. Also an Uber driver."

"Howdy Crystal. It's a pleasure. Seems like a lot more women are driving for Uber these days."

"It's a good part time income. I also bartend at Barbarians down town."

"I've wanted to check that place out, but Fatima isn't that social. Modern dancing and the music are so far from her interests it's unreal. Unlike her sister Karma. She's a..."

"Dancer." Fatima cuts him off, "Karma goes a bit further than our religion allows.

Fortunately, we are in America. Concerning my musical preferences I come from less dramatic instrumentals and lyrics. John lies. I belly dance. Just not to the music heard in bars." She winces with her mouth wide.

"Oooo! Belly dancing sounds fun. Maybe I can take some lessons from you some time."

"I would be delighted to show you."

"She doesn't have many friends so jump right in there." John grins between the girls.

"Army?"

"Fort Dearborn. I just got off my shift."

The line frees up and Crystal moves in passing cash off to the teller. Change given the trio walk outside together. At Crystal's car they continue their talk. Sunglasses lowered by all three of them. It was a very bright day.

"What do you do in the Army, John?"

"Security. I work with all the camera feeds on base. Boring job but it's serving one way or another. I paid my dues overseas. Four years in Iraq."

"Is that where the two of you met?"

"No. I am Israeli. I too was military once. John and I met while training troops."

"How to use cameras?" Crystal smirks at John.

"Exactly why that's what I do now. The hand to hand training was a little too brutal sometimes. All the bloodshed over there was too much on the both of us. We fell in love and saved one another."

"Awww! That's beautiful. You're such a cute couple." In her smiles Crystal notices a Police Squad car pull in three cars over. The Officers getting out look her way and size them up. Although out of Roy's jurisdiction she felt the cops intimidation. Shaking suddenly, Fatima reaches out and consoles her.

"Are you alright?"

Sighing she frowns, "Not really. I shouldn't risk this, but can I confide in you two?"

"Absolutely." John looks back at the cops entering the store. One of them caught his glance and saluted him. John returned the respect and kept an open mind.

"There's a cop in the city that's blackmailing me, into having sex. I won't indulge his name. He's got all kinds of fellow cops backing him up. I'm terrified, but I don't want anyone to get too involved and risk trouble because of me. I'm afraid to know how far up the chain his allies might go."

"Not good." John felt sympathy, "You have Fatima's number?"

"Not yet."

The two women quickly exchange numbers. Once confirmed in their cells Fatima offers a concerned look. "Do not be afraid to call us at any hour. We are here for you."

"Thanks. I really don't know how to get out of this. He's threatened to set me up. Even my friends. I don't want to go to jail because I refuse him."

"If it gets too bad let me know. I'll talk to my superiors and see what we can figure out." John adds.

Fatima smiles warmly, "My belly dancing lessons begin whenever you find time. It might help get your mind off of all of this."

"Sounds good. I'm afraid to ask, but are you two Cubs fans? I go to Wrigley for home games every chance I can."

"Love the Cubbies." John chuckles. "I'm in."

"I prefer the cubs at the zoo. But, I would still love to join you."

"Awesome. Maybe I can find a guy and we can double date."

"Perhaps that handsome man with long hair at your brownstone." Fatima shyly