All Comments on 'Gonna Sell The Bitch's Car Ch. 06'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 240 Comments
tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
THE ARTIST'S HANG IN THERE

and in that world long termers in anything are fleeting, TK U MLJ LV NV

hodunkhodunkalmost 12 years ago
FIVE + STARS!!

Loved this series and hate to see it end. Love your work! Keep/em comin.

F_WhateverF_Whateveralmost 12 years ago
Well...

You've got the Mach One back! That would be enough to give you a five, even if the whole story wouldn't deserve all the stars by itself :) Of course, that's definitely not the case. Good job and thank you for the beautiful story.

Bedspread02Bedspread02almost 12 years ago
Keep writing, please

I went through all of the trouble of figuring out what my password was so that I could send feedback without being mr anonymous your biggest fan.

Your stories bring out the emotions and your characters are so very real.

Keep writing, there are so few out there who can make me invest myself into a story that I rarely give new authors a chance. I stick with ohio, dqs, jpb and rhenquist to give me a good read of a properly edited story.

thank you

bs2

katranmankatranmanalmost 12 years ago
Loved It!

Terrific job, thanks for writing! Please find time to do more writing -- you do it well!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Lost your way then lost the plot

It was a tale of two halfs the first three chapters were really good and had a lot of promise the last three unbelievable, dumb and boring. I have to say I hated how this story ended up but I still love your writing and can't wait for your next work.

A reluctant two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
This just went into my Literotica Hall of Fame...

... and I have not found my login for Literotica so I guess I am stuck with the "anonymous" tag. Great story full of emotion. Thank you!

JR

Fighting41Fighting41almost 12 years ago
Perfect

Thank you so very much for this wonderful ride you have taken us on

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 12 years ago
I loved most of it

parts made me cry,from joy and sadness.I didn't like the end for Jimmy and Crystal,it is like the end of Forrest Gump if you are going to wrie a fairy tale then why bollux it up?Would have worked better if she got caught cheating,there is a scene,maybe Jimmy got shot but in the end they made it work..lot more real and wrenching that way imo....I loved the music references,obviously.it is a love of yours,and it shows.

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Thanks***

Fo the read.

user110user110over 11 years ago

i bet if you could write the sub-plot about wiley's first wife as a screen play, it would sell in a month.

jacsrjacsrover 11 years ago
Great Author

You are truly a master at writing, right up with the authors you have mentioned

earlier. Keep up the good work, thoughly enjoyed this and your other stories.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 11 years ago
WOW! That was really interesting!

I really enjoyed this tale-I went online to listen so some of the song mentioned and discovered a few artists I'd never head before. So, thank you,qhml1, for both the excellent story AND the music! I gave it 5 stars...

GentleVikingGentleVikingover 11 years ago
Excellent

What a story. Loved it

Many thanks for sharing you talent.

DepopuloDepopuloover 11 years ago

Fanflippintastic story. I'm not sure what your personal family stories are that were mentioned in the prescript of chapter 3, but whatever they were, you managed to instill as much emotion in your story from th at it seems as you had your hero putting into the songs he was writing.

A great read that ends very differently than the begining or title suggests (well he does sell the car i guess lol... and get it back lol). Thank you for the last couple hours I just spent sitting reading this story in one shot. I'll have to read a bit more of your stuff now when I get the chance later.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
This is the second time I have read this and...

I enjoyed lot more this time than I did the first time. A really great story with a lot of tear-jerking parts, even an old cynic like me got teared up a few times. You should publish it some way. Thank you very much for writing.

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
excellent

Extremely well constructed tale, loved every aspect. I especially liked the hospital minstrels - would have liked a bit more of them at the end.

BigK10BigK10over 11 years ago
Q

Superb! Why aren't you published...or are you? :-) Good luck & keep on writing the good stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wonderful story

What a great story, loved it , Thank You

clearshooterclearshooterover 11 years ago
Whew!

I literally could not put it down! It haunted my dreams and called be back repeatedly. I hope you write somewhere else because this was a gift!

A few editing quirks; misspellings, wrong words, wrong tense, those sorts of things interspersed throughout.

I loved the characters and you did a wonderful job of using the back story to flesh them out and make them real. I really enjoyed the music aspect of the story and it made me wish I'd practiced more.

Thanks for a great story.

VickieTernVickieTernover 11 years ago
I'm way into stories about people

and not at all into descriptions of musical performances as such (nor of collectible guitars and cars), so for me the story was a third shorter than for most readers. But that two-thirds was cherce! You have a marvelous sensibility and decency, both, and your ability to write is equal to both.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
One of the best

on this site, written by a master story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

sorry, but i wanted to read everything before i write anything. but i loved it all. keep on writing and i will keep on reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Another Great

I loved this story as well. I'm slowly reading all your work here. Please keep it up. I can't stop reading it, so far I have loved them all. BJS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Liked it a lot despite the crap title

To me the best stories are the complex ones that give a glimpse of what it might be like to be someone else. This one scored high for that reason. I shall certainly follow up on this author's other submissions.

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Bloody good tale

REALLY sad what happens to Jimmy though. I liked his character and that would have hit Moira hard. Just kind of glossed over it though. I get the impression by that point in the story you had told the tale you wanted to tell and you were now in summary mode to close this epic down.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Reads even better second tme around

I read ths one after Q posted it. Ends better as I had vague memories of the basic plot. Compelling and poignant fantasy. Wonder which swamp the snake ended up with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nunber One

If you are not the best writer on Literotica then you are tied for number one.

dawid1501dawid1501over 10 years ago
WELL!!

There is one thing I have to tell you. Your stories are gonna get me divorced. Once I start reading, I cannot stop. That pisses the wife off no end. Keep it up.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
some issues

overall i think the story is good. buut i really think you rushed the last chapter. also i think the death of jimmy and crystal did not fit. that really hurt the overaLl story and especially this chapter.

ManofMithgarManofMithgarover 10 years ago
Revenge to Stardom

I thought when I started this serie! s it was going to be about a guy that sells his cheating wives car when he finds she had 'done' him wrong. Boy did I get more than I thought was coming. Great group of characters, great knowledge of gee-tars and fantastic plot all the way through. There are always a bunch of briar patches to get through before we find the sweet clover and can reflect and be joyful of our lives. Good stuff! Ready for more.

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
It's now official

It's now official. You are my favorite Literotica author.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
My third time to read this great story...

I can't say enough good about it. Read and enjoy it again in another year or so, it is certainly worth a re-read.

xtremeddxtremeddover 10 years ago
My turn... Third read, gets better each read

Come back to Lit. to read the news' and the classics, like this one.

Thanks for sharing your hard work with us on Lit.

DD

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My oh my!

Second time through and once again, had this old logger sobbing like a baby. The wife was wondering what the heck I was reading to get to me.

I need her to read this masterpiece!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Unbelievably GREAT.

This is one of the best stories I've read on this site. Humor, tears, and lifelike adventure all in one. Thanks for sharing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Wow - no WOW

Damn - a quick finish but you tied up all the loose ends anyway.

Way too much emotion in too many directions for one story or eight but it still makes one hell of a good story.

So many places where you feel it\\in it with the characters - so many spots that make you think about what is happening or about to.

Awesome thank you so much for sharing it all -

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago
what a story !

One of the best.

This story deserves a galaxy of stars.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Happily Ever After

Thank you for the well-deserved "happy ever after".

I liked that better than one of your other stories, sorry can't remember which one, which ended with hero dying in a car accident.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
Beautiful

So beautiful and romantic! I loved reading this. Like several other stories I've read on this site I wish I could have a full length book of this to read. If you ever have the time you should seriously consider expanding this and either submit it to a publisher or look into self publishing. Amazon would be happy to have something this good to offer I'm sure. Might even be a best seller. At least think about it please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It Took So Long.......

It took so long to read this since I had to detour to YouTube to listen to the music. Another five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great, Great Series

I put off reading this because of the title. Didn't think I would be interested. I couldn't have been more wrong; there went two days of my life.

One of my favorite stories on Lit and that's saying a lot. I hope to be reading some new stuff from "Q" soon.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
wonderful

wonderful story filled with lots of good detail and character development. Ranks up with one of my favorites: StangStar06's "Shame Shame Shame" Glad you kept up with it to give us a complete story with a believable ending instead of many which seem to be an incompleted idea

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
it may be road life reality

but I wish there could have been more happiness in the ending. Crystal and Jimmy, Freddie, dad, the drug encounter with Moira, etc.

It could have been so much sweeter to have cupcakes, more kids, and a happily ever after without the depth of tragedy.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
You know, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you...

But I loved this story.

This is at least my second time reading it and I still cried five times during it.

I don't know if it takes more talent to pluck the strings of a guitar or the strings of a heart but your writing definitely does the latter.

Keep sharing your writing, thanks.

FirstJayFirstJayover 9 years ago
Wow

No clue why I put off reading this gem so long, but thank you. Laughed, smiled, even cried a few times. Thank you.

d2talld2tallover 9 years ago
What an idiot I am!

I thought I had read it already. What a great story. Thanks for so much for such a great 6 chapters. Couldn't stop once I got started. Thanks again.

Layne_MichaelsLayne_Michaelsover 9 years ago
Great Series!

Excellent tale! There was sadness, humor, and lots of emotion. You did a fantastic job. So much so that I actually teared up through parts of it. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
absolutely great story

You have a gift for excellent writing. Please don't stop.

wonder203wonder203over 9 years ago
Excellent

You are very talented. Please keep writing.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
What A Story!

I probably said this before, but you are one hell of a writer with one hell of an imagination. I loved this story, it had my emotions all over the place. You are a very creative individual. This is one of those stories that I wish kept going on and on.

The only bad part of this story is that it ended. I guess I am a romantic at heart and this is a true romantic story. Thank You for such a brilliant story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
.fabulous

Your writing.. is fabulous. It's been years since I "fell" into a story as deeply as I did this one. I'm sorry it ended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great

Excellent story, second time I've read it. Have to comment about the cop who killed his friend, in real life these days the cop wouldn't have gone to jail.

IrfonIrfonabout 9 years ago
Who'd have thought...

.....that a Story with a built-in 'feel good' factor,in Loving Wives,would be so damn good ?

I read this story now and again - and surprise,surprise,I end up feeling better !!

This story HAS to be one of your Best.

barda11barda11about 9 years ago
Read them all...

You don't expect to get misty eyed reading sex? stories on Literotica...but I did, several times...this story was amaziing...I hasten to add that I read all of them and they all have that "human emotion" factor that mesmerizes you...Your writing isn't just erotic stories...it's literature at it's finest...

Pappy7Pappy7almost 9 years ago
If your spouse has a concern about what you are doing or about someone you

are around, the correct response is not to "laugh if off" and comment that it isn't what they think, they are overreacting or it's just for fun. The correct response is "what is it that you have a problem with, dear?" and how can we address it to your satisfaction. That is unless you don't have any respect for your spouse, or you are actually fully invested in the action that is making them uncomfortable. It seems to me that, as a team, we should be aware that our spouses may not be stupid, in spite of the fact that they married us, and that they might just notice something that we are too close to the situation to notice.

All in all a good story and the movie set was just the right amount of distraction to show that no relationship is perfect and that even really good people are capable of stupid and selfish behavior. And that someone who messes with your wife can just disappear and no one will really care.

And that's all I'll say about that.

steven857steven857almost 9 years ago
What can I say

This is just the best story I have read on this site, there is nothing more to say about it.

warrenmwarrenmalmost 9 years ago
wow

One of my favorite stories here. Still brings the tears. Thank you for writing and sharing this story

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
Another Great Story.

Five stars, even with the fact that that rock and Country musicians don't play violins, they play fiddles. A violin is just a fiddle that's gotten above its raisin', as Country people say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
6

Taken together this is the best story yet. I look forward to the next one.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
OK I am amazed by

your knowledge about music. I enjoyed the rhythm of the writing, Good job KID ,,, Scotty > by the way .. you left out Lefty Frizzel however u spell that last name

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
you amaze me with the breadth of your wrining.

If I measured your stories together this and a few others would rate a 5* but others I gave a 5 to would only rate a 3 or 4 and a few that graded less would rate even lower. please try to match the quality of this in your others. and stop making me cry.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Great story and thanks for one with an ending hope you do some more

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story - Question about wife and car

An excellent series, thanks for writing. Question, early in the story a note was made about the cars unusual color, and wifes unusual dress, and her getting caught due to her frequenting hotel rooms in said car and dress. Later he finds out about her affairs when listening to a recorder - did I miss a piece in there somewhere? Excellent story either way though, thanks for writing.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Looking forward

to reading this to my wife :)

Thanks again to one of my Favorite Authors.

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
damn

Liked it frpm beginning to end.

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 8 years ago
Good Read

I enjoyed your story, having lost a young daughter and a wife to cancer it definitely plucked at my heart strings in places. I have read several of your other stories and plan on reading more. Thanks for the entertainment

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Alvin the Snake

One thing I'll never understand in these stories is how the wife ALWAYS downplays the husband's concerns about the seducer.

IrfonIrfonover 8 years ago
Just a GREAT story and....

...for me,it's the Best one you've written - yet !!

Totally absorbing,funny in parts,but up to the Mark for Reality.

Thanks @qhml 1 - please keep on writing.

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 8 years ago
Plucking Heart Strings

I had to reread this series a few months after my initial reading. The first time it took an extra amount of time to read because of watery eyes. Having lost a daughter to cancer and a wife to cancer this story struck home very hard. The second time struck my heart just as hard. I did pick up a few things that I missed the first time.

Thank You for your time and dedication of this story.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 8 years ago
Thank you for an amazing story

Congrats. Thanks for such an amazing story. Five out of five. This is right up there with Boston to Birmingham. Your writing is a cut above almost everything on this site and as good as Ohio, DQS1, and Jezzaz, my other favourites.

For some reason I kept skipping by this series thinking I had already read it. Then one day I decided to "reread" it and surprise, it was new to me. It has just the right combo of sex, humour, and powerful emotion.

Normally I try to make a constructive criticism so a positive comment doesn't seem too fawning. But it is hard with this story. Maybe a touch less focus on the music? But colour is good for a story. Maybe just a touch more revenge on his cheating girlfriends, or at least a bit more about how they regret and feel guilty about their actions. The attempted seduction of his wife by a film producer was handled very quickly; maybe a bit more there, with Moira concerned that he might no longer trust her. Maybe.

Or maybe it was perfect as it is. ;-)

Cheers,

Steve

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow

This is the first time I posted a comment on this site.

I've been a reader (not critic) on this site for a number of years. I've read this series at least twice and have enjoyed more each time. You are a very talented writer who is able to engage the reader very quickly and follow up with excellent prose. There are other talented writers here, and I am unable to pick one as a favourite. Please keep writing and entertaining us.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013about 8 years ago
Top notch.

A brilliant story, well written.

One minor point, though - Country and Rock musicians don't play violins, they call them fiddles. Just call me Mr Pedantic.

The whole saga is as good as anything I've read on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow !

This was my first time reading this series , and goodness, its simply top rate ! I have always been a huge fan of your work , but never had time to get into your longer works. I must say now that was a large mistake on my part. As others have commented, you are in the top 1 % of writers who have posted on Lit , in fact you, Rehnquist , and Jidoka are my all time favorites. Thank you for sharing with us !

5*'s

Cpprcrk

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
U r awsm

You are a great writer and all that music n car reference i jst loved it

Keep it up man

-HUGE FAN

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDID THING

Hi peoples ! Every now and then we get to read a truly unique love story (THIS IS ONE OF THEM) I hope you enjoyed this as much as I have? I LOVE ROMANCE AND THERE IS DEFINITELY THAT,! Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 % of pure enjoyment! Bye.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic

Great story - you had me in tears a few times and laughing at other times. I enjoy your stories very much and hope you keep writing.

davwoodavwooalmost 8 years ago
Impressive

You are a great story teller. I am old now but I played in bands back in the 60's. Your stories act as a reminder of things I did right and those I did wrong. Lasting love was hard to find. As I lie in bed in vacant and pensive mood (Wordsworth), your stories conjor pictures in my inward eye, which is the bliss of solitude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
tears

You got tears. twice. good stuff.

J_RReaderJ_RReaderover 7 years ago
Yes

Rather long but it was worth hanging on to the end.

artykay63artykay63over 7 years ago
great stuff

But as has been said it got dragged out too much, but hey the writer was enjoying himself. Thanks for the read.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
I openly cried

My wife just patted my arm. Enjoyed all of it and thank you for not making Moira into a cheater.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY

is full of tricks and super skullduggery, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it...

Great story. I'm 69 years old, hard as nails, nothing gets to me, even my wife says I have a swinging brick instead of a heart. However I was in tears at 3 parts of this story.. Thanks for the story. And just so you know you are forgiven for the length of the story....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WoW

Damn, Perty Darn Good.....bill

and on this site...lol and crying.

5sss

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozabout 7 years ago
A masterpiece, mostly

Like Hollywood, 90% of Literotica is utter crap.

Of the other 10%, quality varies from competent to outstanding.

I rated this story as a masterpiece until it rambled incoherently to report on the ultimate fate of lesser characters. I would have cut about 40% of the last chapter, in favour of a French style ending which allowed the reader to determine the ultimate resolution.

I gave 5* for the overall work, despite the slippage into mediocrity in quest of neatness at the end. This writer's work is very well regarded for good reason but I was disappointed at the end.

I look forward to future offerings. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Masterpiece,

I thought this is crap from the title, but boy, how wrong was I

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another great story by the Q...

I'm still waiting for the story where Q ends it with, "And then he rewrote the Bible and every human being on Earth joyously accepted it. Within 3 months, all wars ended and world peace ensued. Beauty contestants never forgave him".

Yes, some of Q's stories are a bit over-the-top, but so what? Life is dreary enough for most of us that we look forward to taking a little respite in a fanciful ending. Great story Q: Just keep writing! Thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

“I don't know how he did it, but he got the Mattel people to let us use the Barbie logo on the jeep.” – Hey, it’s publicity for them! Should have charged them for product placement!

“I told Moira, but she laughed it off, saying he didn't mean anything, it was just fun.” – Why do the wives in these stories never listen to their husbands when he gets suspicious of a pussy hound?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
I Forgot

I hate to show my ignorance, but who was "TA" that was mentioned in passing in one of the earlier chapters?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To SBrook

I'm not sure, but TA may refer to Trace Adkins. Hope that helps!

davwoodavwooalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic

QHML is a gifted story teller a masterpiece even on my third reading. I suppose it appeals to me because of my age, my knowledge of guitars and my love for country music and the blues. There are good writers and poor writers in Lit but this guy excels. I wish he was still publishing his stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

This is one of the best writers I have read in a long time,and not because of the eroticism. This story in particular was a fine example of the skills he shows in all of his endeavors that I have had the pleasure to have read. Thank you sir for the entertainment you provide.

Neal Kersey

A89B

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Again, I really like this series.

I was, however, a bit put off by the incredible success that the main character had: musical skills, writing, instrument restoration and sales, professional contacts, the self storage facility, finances, friendships, etc. Yes, he got shafted by a couple of women, but even then landed on his feet in the most perfect way. And, yes, there were some challenges reported here at the end, but the overall picture seems like a sort of charmed life. There were times that it all was a bit much.

Still, thanks for a great story.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Great tale!

A great and magnificent story. I can not say that it was perfect (the deaths of children, Jimmy and Cristal, apart from adulteries, etc., took away that possibility), but if it is a very good story, it was really worth reading. I will read more stories of this author.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

bcduffybcduffyalmost 7 years ago

The only reason I gave this a 5 star rating is because there is nothing higher. This is one of the best over all stories i have ever read.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
Still a Grest Continuation

The story still ended for me at Ch4.

Still 5*, but the last two chapters were icing on a nice cake!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic story

Great story, not the sort I usually read, but really good in it's own way..

I'm 69 years old, ex navy, seen the world, including lots of the shitty parts, and emotionally hard as nails,but even I had tears in my eyes on three occasions while reading this..

5* and only because I can't give it 10 out of 10..

Many thanks for a great read

grizxgrizxover 6 years ago
Going thru the favorites again

Just going down the list of favorites again and of course your name pops up. I originally found it going through the cheating wife genre, something I read when it happens in real life just to come up with a survival plan. Sell the car is still a great read, I can get a laugh, a tear and maybe a smile for the happy ending.

Thank you again,

Grizx

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES