All Comments on 'Happiness Is A Warm Gun'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A master at work

Brilliant, always something different from the Master.

Mind, I did see it coming, I’m just bloody annoyed I didn’t write it myself.

Thanks HDK

DC

PArebelPArebelabout 18 years ago
Loved It!

Great story.

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
I knew there would be a twist

but will readily admit I didn't see what you did coming.

Nice bit of fun signalled by the over the top dialogue.

Well done, good sir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
lame story with a twist.

brilliant, master - ah, it wasn't that great.

who would want to be married to a cheating wife who tried to decieve and sneak around? if trust is the basis of marriage - how can he trust her anymore?

she was planning to do things with him she wouldn't do with the husband. why would he be satisfied with staying with her?

how does he know it was the 1st time? or the last?

weak/lame story with a nice twist, but that is all it is.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Great

Loved it - only wished you had expanded it into a longer tale. There's a lot of stuff here that could be exploited. A tip of the hat to a master - thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
There Couldn't Be Another Twist Left -Could There?

A slightly significent different angle that seems auuukward and uncomfortable from a males perspective.

Soliciting his best friend by her and her best friend approves without rancor a denuding conversation of harangue to disuade her further seductional efforts - hmmmm?

So contorted are three friends that not using the 44mag. in a 3 way fashion may have a onerous connotation - or not?

Perplexing puzzlement or confused Budda? Or does the twist drive or sit in the back? Oh wonderment of concern and expectation?

Interesting but caught illogically off base (a baseball term - well tis the season) but kute. Abnormal Fare or Fowl? Speaking of fauna, putting the chicken before the cart could be horsie. Gosh this could go on and on imaginally ---- but to what end.

While more than a 75 for reputation and skills, my head is still at tilt but perhaps its supposed to be - why or maybe.

Author - always appreciated but mostly more - With abnormal Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Twisted, but funny

I liked this story by HDK, although I'll admit that I expected the twist based on his history of not supporting cheating in his other stories.

And this one did open up a few good points. When we reach the ending the "best friend" and his actions fit the rest of the story perfectly, and we realize that far from hating the husband, he was doing what he could to keep the wife from becoming one of the cheating slut wifes we see all to often in stories here.

Would be nice to see more of the different possibilities explored, and to have the wife be a little bit more intelligent, but it all fit the story.

Hope to see more from HDK, his stories are always good.

Mr. Long Poster

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryabout 18 years ago
Excellent

Even though I kind of saw what was coming by the middle of the story, I really liked this. It's a nice switch on some of the usual stories around here.

As to why the husband would want the wife, you give plenty enough clues as how her insecurity would take her to a stupid decision. This is a nice way of pulling her back. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
LMAO

Damn, would have wanted this story to be longer. It got to the point where I was howling in glee, the grass wasn't green, etc. etc. LOL I could understand the desperation of this wife, feeling less of a woman. Though this marriage bit the bullet, thanks to a friend, we need to see them communicate. Zak needs to reassure his wife she's still attractive, now more than ever. I have a feeling now she will feel like a hag.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Well done and so original

I was pretty sure of what was coming right away, but it really took nothing away from the story. I do wonder why Mike didn’t try and get Julia to talk about why, how long she felt the need to cheat, or if she had done this before. I know, bitch, bitch, bitch, about such small things.

It was just a great story line and your writing is of course superb.

Thank you,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Sweet!

I think, just for you, they should create a new category called "Loving Wives Satire!" I guess we could call it the hdk immemorial genre.

The dialogue was great. I sure wish you would pass around some of what you are smoking'.

Great story.

DJ

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
very well done

great story.... more people could use friends like mike. then just maybe there would be less cheatin going on.

z00timez00timeabout 18 years ago
I never like anything

For some reason, this story left me wanting or needing some thing else. I guess I don't like the fact that the wife had to actually go that far to find out what she really had. I also have a problem with the husband taking her attempted cheating affair so lightly.

I guess this comment just shows how screwed up I am, or maybe I just read too much into your stories.

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 18 years ago
Delicious!

I loved it except it was too short. I wanted it to go on and on. But the point was made and any more would have been tedious. Wonderful, masterful.

She’d not done it before. "Mike, I'm not a slut! I just wanted to experience a few things before my breasts sagged too much, my stretch marks became too noticeable, or I just got too old to attract another man. I'm afraid it's too late already," whined Julia.

Finally, a story with a real best friend! Thanks.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Over The Edge

Not up to your standard.Too little,too late.Just didnt make it.A story about two ass holes.

sherlock40sherlock40about 18 years ago
You know, I think this is the first story of its

type where the best friend did not fuck the man's wife. Usually the authors that glorify betrayal have the best friend fucking the wife. The line, "Why do women think that pussy is stronger than friendship," was very true. Thanks for the story. It was great.

louguy35louguy35about 18 years ago
Mixed Reaction

The story was ineresting, and well written. But I had mixed feelings about the actions of the characters. On the one hand, it was refreshing, as many commentors have testified, to read a story where friendship trumps a piece of ass. On the other hand, I agree with zOOtime's comments about the wife deliberately planning adultry, and the husband's casual response to her attempt. They both seemed to be a mess! If this were real life, I wouldn't give a wooden nickel for the marriage to last much longer.

Cheers!

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
Ok this story was fantastic

At first I wasn't sure where you were going, but eventually it dawned on me the best friend was trying to get the wife see that if she really loved her husband, who loved her so much that he couldn't see any of her faults, that she was really making a big mistake trying to see if the grass was greener on the other side of the fence.

I don't think the two guys were jerks for tricking her like that either as a previous Anon poster stated. What would have been worse, her cheating and the husband finding out, ruining their married with a possiblity of a divorce, "OR" having the husband and his best friend showing her what she had to lose by trying to find out if other men still wanted to sleep with her and how much she cared about her husband possibly getting hurt by her actions?

Forcing her to defend the husband and re-think her actions before anything happened made a "much" better story than one of her cheating, the husband finding out, and then the husband being forced to live with that knowledge if he wanted to stay with her.

Great story! Best read I've had in a long time.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I knew there was a reason

why you are considered the master of this category and that story proved it. I loved it. Great job, HDK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thank you

Good story. Well done.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 18 years ago
Nice

A new take on an old theme. This was a well written story that grabbed my interest with the first words and held it through the ending. HDK usually sets the standard in this genre and he's done it again. Kudos, pardner.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
GAWD AWFUL!

I didn't write this so it sucks! LOL!

HDK another great little sotry with a cute take. I think alot of folks need to be reminded that a friend who fucks a friend is no friend. I loved the way he showed, not told, but showed her just how luck she was!

Great job!

Best Regards,

C

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Minority Vote

I always look forward to a HDK story as the top of the writing line, but I found this story disappointing as hell. Between the slut wife, the crude, groping best friend and the condescending, arrogant husband, I could not find anyone to root for. Even in a satire, there should be some redeeming character you can cheer for, but I couldn't find any. Maybe I'm getting too fussy. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

I loved your use of a gun!

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Eh, and too obvious

As soon as he started the bit about what the gun was for, I realized it was all a set up. The problem is that the only reason she didn't fuck him was because he was such an asshole. The core reasons behind her considering about it are still there. She may be more cautious, but the doubts will still linger and maybe next time she'll take her time and make sure the guy knows the entire deal before fucking him.

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 18 years ago
great story!

a for real 'tongue in cheek' story with a message.well done. it's hard to imagine anyone who is familiar with your stories not sensing 'somethings up' about half way through this story. it's also hard to imagine your not sitting at the computer reading these responses and laughing your ass off.

good story,as usual!

don

rlg99rlg99about 18 years ago
Loved It

I could'nt stop laughing through out the entire story.

You are one good writer.

Keep Going

Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good Reag

A story well done. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Unimpressed

I thought this was an erotic story site?

If you want to get rational, then it's pretty sad that a wife wants to cheat on the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Not Sure

Well written as always, but I agree with some of the others, I don't think the marriage will survive. She had to be scared shitless to keep from cheating, and with his best friend, no less. Time to keep the friend and dump her. Spending the rest of your life looking over your shoulder just isn't worth it. And his friend has surely lost respect for both of them. He needs to find a way to let her know he found out what she was planning and see where the chips fall then.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Great entertainment

Sorry for the second post, I think anyone who reads a story and then comments about some part lacking; only to be told the comment was addressed in the story is an idiot who can’t comprehend what he reads. Well I’m the idiot and I apologize to the Author and thank the commenter Tigger Too who pointed it out.

Wonderful writing and entertaining story

From red faced idiot

Peggytwitty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great Gag Story!

When the wife had those reservations I knew it was a gag story. This story would be great in the humor and satire category but that would give it away!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Haven't read all the comments

HDK:

But I'm willing to bet they are all over the map.

personally I liked it, but when Mike started with his line of shit about half-way through I knew you'd baited the hook. The only question was what were you intending to land? It did make for a nice late night read. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great!

Everyone has a moment of weakness and this story showed one of the reasons why. It's the expectations of the wife on how things should be and the realization that they are far removed from reality. For those that cheat can not expect the same love and respect they receive from a loving spouse. I like the ending as is and let the reader's imagination supply what the husband will do afterwards. I very much doubt that he will keep silent after this lesson so as to preserve that lesson. However, if you would want to continue on with the story, you are on my favorites and I will enjoy what you have to write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Noe THIS is REALITY!!!

A true friend, if ever there was one! I once had the unfortunate experience of losing a good friend over his wife's games. She continued to cheat on him, and tho' we weren't friends anymore I found out and was lucky enuff to get photos of her & "her friend". My friend got out of his marriage whole & healthy. Most of these stories are just fiction. The real cost of cheating is terribly high. And very destructive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Doesn't this belong in Gay Male?

Cause a) there's certainly no straight sex and b) the friendship of those two guys is suspect at best.

Nothing more misogynist than ensuring a woman's fidelity by making sure she thinks she's so disgusting no man would ever touch her. I have no problem with femsub degradation stories, but at least most of them end up with a woman getting something out of it besides continued slavery to a man who sees her not as a sexual partner (wherever in that spectrum she falls) but a piece of property.

And it's not like I can be accused of passing judgement on someone else's sexuality because THERE IS NO SEX IN THIS STORY. Just people who hate sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
To the last commenter

You really have a problem. Harry is bad enough, I think you'd better go see your shrink a bit on the quick side.

DC

ohioohioover 17 years ago
another great story by the master

One of the things I loved is the way that Mike's behavior gets gradually more and more crude, until it is impossibly over-the-top. That way each reader slowly figures out what's going on, that he's not really planning to fuck her--but how quickly the reader gets it depends on how bright and/or attentive the reader is.

I also admire the friendship between Mike and Zack, so that when the wife made a pass at Mike, his response was to talk to his friend about it, so that they could jointly figure out how to handle it.

What's left open is whether the wife will ever confess to her husband. I suppose not--which leaves open the nagging question of whether she might ever try this again, but with someone else who won't tell Zack about it. If I were Zack I'm not sure I could ever feel comfortable with her again. In fact, for me (and I know the story is a light-hearted fantasy) the one troubling element in the story is the absence of Zack's pain. Surely he'd be feeling pretty angry and hurt about what his wife was planning!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Probably written as a laugh

But the subject was too serious to laugh. She wouldn't have gotten off so easily. Julia would be in deep shit if she was my wife, or she would hit the fucking road. What about the next time she has a self-esteem crisis? Dumb bitch, get rid of her.

sexmatesexmateover 17 years ago
I guess she screw his brains out after that!

But he better keep an eye on her, and surveilance for a while! Good lessons! At least his friend got to squeeze her tits LOL!

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nice Gag Story. Well written but . . .

. . . total fantasy. I laughed as I saw what was coming but don't have any friends like that... does anybody out there?

LesleyJLesleyJabout 17 years ago
I make sure these days . . .

. . . whenever I read or re-read your stories, I have a box of Kleenex handy because I shed tears of laughter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
how refreshing!

Simply refreshing! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Made my day

I loved this story, I laughed so hard it made my face hurt.

Great story.

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
Get a life everyone

This was a very funny story. The outfall is irrelevant to this story. Who cares? But the story was (is) great.

ddperuserddperuserover 13 years ago
funny

That was lots of fun. Packed a lot into a short story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Fun

It's not very often you read a story on this site that is just fun, hilarious and sexy, all in one, and this story pulls it off perfectly.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Hilarious

But again it was pretty apparent where it would end before the garage door opener started - still a great read -

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
Not Bad

About half way in, it was predictable, but still worth the read. The dude will no longer be allowed to be open friends with Zack anymore.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Perfection

Simply the best non-cheat cheating story on the site!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
1* Garbage

Unrealistic and ugly.

brujaybrujayalmost 13 years ago
Fun Read

This was a fun little story. Of course, it was over the top........or was it? Many a couple of Bros could vouch for something similar.

In any case, DWornock, you're a fucking idiot for the tone and tenor of the majority of your reviews and ratings.

Please..........get life besides this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncock is here?

someone leave the cage door open again?

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Really a fun re-read -

Nothing ugly about it except her foolish efforts to betray her husband -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Five stars

Great read but should've been in humour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

DWornock "Unrealistic and ugly." That about sums you up, pity you didn't describe yourself worse than that!!! But I'm guessing the only way you can get yourself off is to see how many people you can piss off with your worthless comments, grow the fuck up!.

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Great Story!!****

Very entertaining and a lot of fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story

Bros before hoes!

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Wait

so Zack is going to stay with the cheating wife? He had to terrorize her out of cheating on him with his best friend and considers that a win. I guess that's good until next time they're apart and her midlife hormones are raging.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Hmmm...

Interesting. Not that crazy about it but it worked. This time. Now she's a fucking cunt wannabe.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Intent

The intent is still there. Did she learn her lesson? Maybe, maybe not, she may just go looking for a different guy to fuck that isn't so close to home and more controllable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
slowdown

Doubtful that would even slow her down,might I guess.Most likely the next one would be a sympathetic type.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN IS A SET UP NOT

check the score card for time outs. TK U MLJ LV NV

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Don't know if Julia has been dissuaded from trying again some other time

But at least Zack knows he can count on Mike.

xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
Wow!

This guy had a real friend. You don't see that much on this site. This is how a friend should behave. Real nice twist. As to the wife, I don't know if she learned her lesson. Maybe the next guy she tries with won't be a friend. He should let her know he knows about her attempted cheating and either straighten it out or get rid of her. How can he trust her the next time he goes out of town. However, it was a very enjoyable and entertaining story with a real good twist at the end. Thanks.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Loved it

very clever. Five stars.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
a bit of reevaluation going forward

She will have even more questions about being physically attractive

The husband will never be sure she won't try it again, this time with someone he doesn't know.

She will never be comfortable when the two friends get together, especially in her presence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well the best friend just got banned from the house!

Very funny. But in the long run not to good for either of them. She won't even want them to hang out together for fear that they'll talk about her little "crisis".

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
What true friends are for

Now this is what true friends are for, helping you out even when it costs them to do so. I also appreciated the fact that he was nice enough to go right to the husband to let him know what was going on. How they handled the situation was brilliant. If she had cheated I would want her burned at the stake, but since her husband was able, with the help of his best friend, to stop her and hopefully prevent her from ever wanting to stray again I am happy. Now if only more people would be the kind of friend that this guy was. And if only more wives would realize what cheating turns them into before it's too late.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Fun story

But how can he ever trust her again; and why would he want to?

Kitist02Kitist02over 8 years ago
Cute. Real cute.

Nice set up, and a great characterization (or even caricature) of "Good-'Ol-Boy" comradery . Will she ever wander after this? Probably. He attacked her self-worth and now she'll have to re-establish it by seeking other lovers. She can't trust her spouse to tell her what SHE thinks is the truth about her body. Any compliment her spouse gives her will be viewed with suspicion as long as they are together. At least until she's had several lovers who will finally convince her that her body is great. Too late for the marriage, but she'll feel secure in her body image.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Dump the cunt

If she hit on his best friend, she's needing to be fucked. I say fuck her by dumping her skanky cunt on the street corner. Better yet, put her to work on a street corner before she's booted. At least then, Zack could say she was worth something.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
his best friend ... really !!

She may be cured of her interest for now, but longer term, she will look again. Someone from work maybe .... someone unconnected with her circle of friends.

If a woman wants some extra curricular activity, so to speak, the worst, most unforgivable partners have to be his best friends or brother.

She tried it on with his best bud ..... enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I kind of hated it but..

Gave it a 4 anyway!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Seriously ?

To all you readers who think this is true confessions: it's fiction for goodness sake. You all talk like this actually happened. It is only entertainment! Read it & enjoy it. It was exceptional writing. It's not real. Don't get all bent out of shape reading "Loving Wives." If you do, stop reading this category. Good short story !! Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LOVED IT

bill................5ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

boatbummboatbummover 7 years ago
Cute!

But who will she hit on next time? .....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Huh?

Once again all the "cuckhounds" totally missed the point. A perceptive husband, with a good friend, headed off trouble with a hilarious pre-emptive strike.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Okay

On the plus side, the wife is scared to death about the consequences and repurcushions of cheating on her husband. But the "best friend" went way too far to get his point across. Husband should never, ever trust this friend again. Husband or "best friend" may wind up as "accidental hunting fatalities".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nothing

A nothing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I agree with the Anon of 04/26/18

?????

Seriously

?????

1 star

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Set up

Nice set up, that knocked the wanting to cheat bitch a step or two.

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaabout 5 years ago

If the husband had been delayed, she'd have fucked the friend in a heartbeat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
good friend`

bad wife. either get real counseling, have an affair, or both.

honestly she doesn't deserve him. but at least he's got a good friend. and look, she gave him kids. that's all women are good for in a long term relationship. men cook, clean, and nurture children pretty easily. i did....thanks to google. no one helped me. i'm sure giving birth is hell. but all the other stuff about being a housewife. shit is easy. like...really easy. like....i get bored. everyone enjoys my cooking, i can clean tile, sinks, sweep, mop, dust....whatever. shopping for groceries is very easy with a list. and i'v only enjoyed a woman's company for the underlying sexual tension. even the, 'just friends' females low key flirt with me. both sexes enjoy feeling wanted. but knock down laughs, fun times, letting loose, and anything remotely fun has always been guy stuff. and obviously only good guy friends, and that's becoming rare too. too many fair weather friends. men acting more like females. being surface level everything and annoyingly judgmental more for its own sake.

i will throw women a bone. sometimes....when you drink....you stop being boring and school nannies. you're willing to say things that are actually funny/interesting. but it seems like they cannot help revert back to it. and unlike a guy, they hold grudges foreverrrrr. so being friends with a woman is just more effort than pay-out. teach young men early, women are for being the mother of your children....not a 'lifelong friend' at best they are roomates that are fun to be around.....mostly for the sexual tension.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hilarious

It was easy to pick up where this was headed and it was a fun ride. Kept laughing throughout. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's a funny story, but I still would have divorced her.

I mean really. She is going to do it eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lol i love it!

That is a real friend right there.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

That was a good one, even better the second time through.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Wow! That's real friendship and this is good fun story.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Funny

I like that one. A good laugh is always welcome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
That's the type

Of asshole friend every man needs.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Fun story. 5*****

Good first line: "What kind of a man would fuck his best friend's wife?"

Answer: A worthless, cowardly asshole that deserves a beating.

I knew where this was going half way through when he wasn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut, but it was still a fun trip. On the serious side, she did some awful damage to his trust and that won't bounce back too easily.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago
You kill me

The master does it again.

5* read.

Hooked

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Funny!!!

Never trust wife again!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Fun!

Excellent turnaround.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

For one.of the funniest shorts I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She had intended to commit adultery. If Mike was truly Zack’s best friend he would be helping to bury her body.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...