All Comments on 'Harmless Flirting'

by fritz51

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
waratahwaratahalmost 5 years ago
Long introduction to stories ruin them for me

Just tell the story.

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Highly flawed tale of tit for tat

She's doing it so he does it. It won't be long before the "it" isn't dancing, it'll be fucking.

You claim to have two endings. The easy ones are - they divorce or they stay married. Obviously these two have a communications problem. Why wouldn't he talk to her about his feelings about her dirty dancing BEFORE they get married? Or why wasn't he smart enough to know she may have an alcohol problem? They're acting like teenagers. Neither clever or entertaining. And unfinished to boot. Don't bother to continue. This train wreck has no where interesting to go.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Only really one way to end it...

It is titled..... the night their world stopped turning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Unfinished

You say there three endings written, but there are none in evidence...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not a fan of multiple endings.

An author should use an ending that he or she wants to, and take the consequences, good or bad, from that. There's too much backstory in this one.

This theme of course is not new, and I like to read stories that have this. A great example of a story using this theme is titled "Jealousy: the biter bit" and I compare more recent stories to that one. (No, I didn't write it.) So far, it comes out on top.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
NEVER.....EEEVVEERRR trust a woman that uses that line.

I think at least 3-5 women have used the line, "he's gay, don't worry about him" line.

luckily, I'm cute as fuck. And I'v been burned by a literal sociopath once. I'm one of the least manipulable men I know, after dozens of mistakes with psychologist proven sociopath ex. I think about HALF the time the man turned out to be full on hetero or bi. Just FYI. If a guy is truly gay, and your g/f knows that, then you'd find out long before she had to tell you.

So, if you're average attractive or better....and a woman pulls that line on you....leave. Just save yourself a headache. Men are conditioned to believe they are responsible for relationships working. But it's the opposite. Women hold the keys to sex, men hold the keys for relationships. What does a woman do with a shitty guy? she withholds sex, and then tries to find a new partner. What should a man do in a shitty relationship? hmmmmm....it's a god damned mystery!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
why did he marry?

Everyone, including him, knew she had issues. Even she admitted to going too far. He knew she was not cheating via intercourse but she was playing with fire with the groping as that in a way is cheating. He hated what she did while single yet he then married her knowing full well what would happen. So as inconsiderate as she is I can't fault her. I fault him for thinking she would change. If they stay together he will be miserable for the remainder of the marriage. She will still lie and go out dancing until she gets too old to dance like that any longer and that can be 20 years or more!

xtchrxtchralmost 5 years ago
I Agree!

I agree with the previous comment. Why would you marry a girl like this. You can see from a mile away that she could never be trusted when dancing and alcohol are mixed. And to even think of the infamous 'girls night out' just doesn't make sense. What does he expect to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
At This Point

I'll say what he should have done the first time: "Run, Forrest, Run". Signed: BTW

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Very well written and good job on tackling tough subjects, especially for a new writer. TY Fritz! I fived it. Yes it was silly of him to reconcile, and dumb of him to marry her. Her deceit and inconsideration for his rep and wishes are almost as repuls

I am critical AF of cuckold stories where the cuck does nothing, or allows himself to be abused bc he is aroused by it. Your story has none of that.

Thanks for a story that is much more than stroker. I hope none of your endings include "cuck" acceptance of the dirty dancing

meucimeucialmost 5 years ago
well well well

I don't know if you are going to add an ending or not but I agree with the majority of these other comments. The way I see it not only has she been going behind his back to get something she obviously don't want from her husband. the girls night out thing should have been a sign to her husband that his marriage was done and truly over. If she was truly going for a GNO she would have drove either with another girl a cab or her own car. When this supposedly gay guy brought her home, to me that proves she was more than likely on a date. Also if this man was truly gay he wouldn't have spent so much time rubbing on her and buying her drinks to get her in the mood. I can't say that the husband was right with all the obvious rubbing and humping either but I guess he thought it might open up a line of conversation with his wife. My way of

seeing things is if I have to go outside of my relationship to get something I need bad enough to lie to my wife, I shouldn't be married. This marriage is doomed once the lies start, the relationship unravels one lie at a time. Neither one of them were right last night but she has been consistently wrong for weeks. Neither one of them will ever trust the other again It is time to see a lawyer or at the very least a marriage counselor.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
I agree with previous Anon comment.

Run. She has nothing to substance to offer in a marriage. Looking forward to reading how it ends.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 5 years ago
5

Good stuff.... but he outta strip her down, tie her to something solid then fuck all her holes till she collapses!

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Nice start.

What's good for the goose apparently isn't good for the gander as far as the idiot hypocrite Donna is concerned.

While Donna has a pathetic streak a mile wide, I like this story and Will's bearing and strategy.

Thanks for the entertainment and I'm looking forward to the rest!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Interesting story

This guy is playing with fire in marrying a flirtatious woman who likes to drink. I could not have done this as I had PTSD related anger issues. Coupled with intense jealousy issues and I would probably have been in prison. Will had more patience than I did for sure.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Save the score

For endings

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
From day one

She was clearly NOT wife material. This is on him for being dumb enough to marry her in the first place.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Love it.

Great beginning and I am looking forward to reading chapter 2. *****

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
No such thing as harmless flirting.

A spouse can be friends with the opposite sex, dance with them as friends, even hug them and kiss them on the cheek, but flirting is something different. It weakens the marriage and it degrades the spouse. It's the sign of a weak self-image that needs to be propped up by inappropriate strokes of the ego.

FireFox59FireFox59about 4 years ago

Totally disrespecting her husband and he's allowing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Check this one, Fritz

Sot means being an habitual drunk while

Sought means looking for something.

You misused that word at least twice and possibly more.

Otherwise you would have gotten 5 stars

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years agoAuthor
@ Anon 7-6-20

You stripped me of a star for that? Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzz!

Now do I need to correct that and upload a revision, or else suffer poor scores from like minded readers?

Come on man!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Ends in DIVORCE!!! HER LYING and disrespect give him the reason...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with just_words.

Dirty dancing is DIRTY dancing. Only with spouse and I don't believe in public.

Don't know any male with any self respect who doesn't agree.

jtwheels

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

I remember reading this, but it is always good to read again to enjoy even more.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

There is no such thing as harmless flirting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story with a good plot. "Harmless" flirting? What's that?? Doesn't exist! There's nothing "Harmless" about flirting. Ask the affected divorcees for whom this excuse did not work!! 5*s.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Lying, deceit, and disrespect are great reasons to divorce her...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great job….got my interest right away and kept it. Thanks SK742

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love this series. I hope you'll post some stories like this. Thanks.

SignedBTWSignedBTWalmost 2 years ago

Harmless Flirting?

Pretty slippery slope leading down to very thin ice. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You knew what she was when you married her…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only cuck writers provide alternate endings....fucking wimps

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Will knew he married a dance and man crazy slut

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FRIENDS LIKE DAVE AND CINDY ARE FUCKING TOXIC

WHITE TRASH PROBLEMS

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The phrase, "harmless flirting" is an attempt to make the action seem benign. If the man protests he gets gaslight.

Flirting has two goals for the woman. 1. A need for constant external validation to serve her ego or 2. A statement that her man isn't giving her what she needs so now she's advertising for someone to fill in. Flirting is not a benign action, ESPECIALLY the way Cindy does it. Also, she just abandons during the time they're there. Oh, she'll come back occasionally, but an observer would see, as many told him, that her interest was in what other men could give her. A wife, or smart GF would never treat her man like that.

A comment below is solidly correct. This activity was part of her make up. Expecting her to change is not rational, especially if she is deceiving herself as to intent.

I was on a date in my 20's and we'd gone to a club. She danced once with me and then took off to dance with three other men. I was annoyed, and grateful! I say the person she really was so later strife was avoided. No,I didn't talk to her. I just got up and left her.

Three days later I ran into her and began to tear into me for leaving her. I pointed out she'd danced once with me and then, without so much as by your leave, was gone for an hour + with three guys. I told her she was rude, self centered and had disrespected me. I finished by saying I won't have such people in my life, then walked away.

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

I think the husband is in the wrong here. Let her dance for God’s sake…

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When I was a young man (now 74), I spent some time in the military, working closely with some African-American ("Black") acquaintances at American bases in Europe. My wife and I were good friends with one of them and his wife, and the subject of such dancing came up. They told me that there were rules among their cultural circle to what we crudely call 'booty shaking', especially married women and men too. Being uptight New Englanders, my wife and I took up their offer for such nightclubs, and were very self-embarrassed so they taught us. Frankly it was very explicit and erotic, but they also spoke of unwritten rules, like if a married woman did some moves with another man, it was an unspoken signal, So I can easily see where someone who went overboard with flirting and overly erotic dancing crosses the line. That she lied about it is grounds for serious re-evaluation of the marriage, Especially when all she had to do was offer to go for dance lessons with her husband.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Bad advice asking me to read this story first as it was a major put off, if the rest of your stories are like this one then you shot yourself in the foot. This was pathetic and a real downer and certainly not an entry piece that would entice me to read any of your stories. If the bitch is interested in inticing others to pursue her then she doesn't go running off to dance with others, places all her efforts on showing intense interest in him. You lose your reading crowd where she is all in with the MC not some other hick. Major faux pas.

SorchakSorchakabout 2 months ago

You'd think that the fact Jack is gay would have come up MUCH earlier in the courtship. *Somebody*, either Dave, Cindy, Donna or Jack himself should have brought it up, if only to make sure Will doesn't get the wrong idea. Which he clearly did, since apparently Jack isn't a flamboyant gay. I mean, Will had known Jack at least three years, and yet didn't know he was gay? Yeah, no. I doubt it.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 months ago

funny when they do it to themselves. for a 30 something who was in the military he didnt seem very smart

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 months ago

a steak sandwich? what is that lol 2 slices of bread with a steak in-between them?

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

I don't know in what kind of bizarro world wouldn't your character immediately force his friend, and his wife, to be completely honest with him, after hearing that kind of shit. I guess that if you need to force the plot in a particular direction by making the characters act more like paper plot puppets than anything, that might happen.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfritz51@fritz51
I've got several stories started, it seems I can get exicted about getting a new idea started, but then, wrtier's block? Fear rejection? I don't know, all that I do know is it's hard to close the deal. Why are they so hard to finish?

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES