Harmless Flirting

Story Info
Wife shakes booty too much?
11.9k words
4.19
71.7k
72

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/30/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Forward: I decided to write some stories that explore a husband and wife's disagreement over her interactions with other men. She often defends herself saying he is overreacting and that what she's doing is only "Harmless Flirting," and that he has nothing to worry about.

In this story, the woman, Donna, is exceptionally fond of dancing. Further, she likes to push the limits somewhat, doing what many would refer to as "dirty dancing," particularly if some alcohol has been skewing her judgement. There is a wide range of just how lude dancing of this type can be, from light touching by the dance partners, to simulated sex. I have deliberately not fully described just how far she goes, allowing the reader to input some of their own values as to what would be acceptable, and what would definitely not pass a husband's sniff test.

The movie by that name, "Dirty Dancing," gives a good demonstration of what I'm talking about, as a starting point. Donna may take those moves even further. However, it is my intention to portray her as not being a slut. That she does not do this dancing in order to seduce or have sex with other men.

The main male character here does not approve of her actions, at least, not toward the end of an evening. Her willingness to intensify her moves, perhaps helped along by an outside force, leads to confrontation. His take on her behavior, may be an exaggerated version of the truth, but it is how it feels to him.

Their disagreement over what is, or is not OK, is the driving force that will either be resolved, or split them apart.

I was torn as to how to end this story, and have written three separate endings. For each ending, Donna's character is altered slightly, which directly impacts that particular ending.

A side note: I referred to women in the story having a "Girls Night Out" so often that I began using the abbreviation GNO.

Let me know your thoughts on flirting, dirty dancing by attached women and which ending you prefer, as I get them uploaded.

fritz51

************

He was sitting in the dark, in his favorite chair located in the family room. The TV was on, and he was watching a loop of various video clips of dancing. He was waiting to find out if he still had a marriage, or if the plan that he had executed that night terminated the three-year coupling to his wife, Donna.

His name was William, most people called him Will, for his old friend Billy B, it's Willie, but no one ever called him Bill, that was reserved for his father. He was thirty-two, good looking and making a good living as an air traffic controller. He had made good use of the GI bill turning his job of Enlisted Air Traffic Control in the U.S.A.F. into its civilian counterpart, which is a well-paid, respected profession. He had requested transfer to Memphis Center on advice from his friend Dave, with whom he had worked with at his first civilian assignment in Atlanta. Dave had been promoted to supervisor at Memphis, and felt that there was more opportunity for Will there. An extra benefit, Dave and his wife Cindy would enjoy having their old friend in town.

It was mostly accidental, but when Will reported in at Memphis Center, he found that his new boss would be Dave, which was definitely OK with both of them.

Not long after arriving in Memphis, Will attended a barbeque being held by Dave and Cindy at their home, at which many of their co-workers were in attendance to blow off a little steam, eat BBQ and suck down a few beers. A friend of Cindy's named Donna was introduced to Will, from the moment he saw her he was captivated by her pleasant outgoing personality. Add to that, she was a knock out, with a well-proportioned figure that had plenty of sizzle, without suggesting slutty. He couldn't help himself planning to spend the entire afternoon trying to gain as much face time with her as possible, without seeming creepy. What he really wanted was a date with her, provided she wasn't already attached.

After checking with Cindy, and getting an "all clear" regarding Donna's availability, he walked up to her and said, "Hi, I'm Will."

She surprised him a little by not being coy, she instead smiled while extending her hand and replied, "Hi Will, I'm Donna. Would you like to sit together? I'm here by myself and everyone here will be talking shop soon and I'll be lost."

"Sure, I see an unoccupied spot over there," he said, and grabbed a couple of beers for them while she took his arm and allowed him to lead them to an open table. He was thinking, "She's not playing any games, and acts interested in me. I like that, a lot."

The rest of the afternoon went well with both of them making small talk. He didn't hide the fact that he was also a controller working with Dave, but he wanted to keep the conversation on her as much as possible. He wanted her number. She would occasionally probe him about his job and where he was from, seeming genuinely interested, but he kept returning the conversation to her. He wanted to know all about her, and did not want to appear self-absorbed.

At one point, Donna excused herself, and was off to the lady's room and asked that he get her another beer. Will ran into Dave on his way to the cooler, Dave said, "I see you and Donna are getting along."

The way he said it, with a little shrug of his shoulders was less than enthusiastic. Will wondered if he was trying to tell him something, but didn't pursue that question. As he was gathering up the beers Donna was coming his way, but not alone. She was cruising along with her arm curled around some dude's and when she saw him, she said, "Oh, I'm OK, Jack got me a beer."

He felt totally awkward, and said, "Oh; good." Then retreated to where they had been sitting and began to regroup. He sipped his beer while trying to decide if he had just been blown off, or if she wasn't ever into him at all, and that the mutual interest between them was just in his head.

Music had started playing before he had popped the top on the beer, and he saw that she was dancing with Jack. Very familiar dancing, she obviously new Jack well. After a couple of songs, he thought she might come back and sit with him, but she got snagged by yet another guy. Donna continued to dance, with behavior that caused him to reevaluate his initial impression of her.

After an hour or so, he had just about given up on the "Donna project" and was figuring to leave when his current beer went dry. Just as he finished his beer, she waltzed over to his (their?) table and sat down with two cold ones. She placed one in front of him and said, "Why didn't you come out and dance with me?"

He said, "I'm not much of a dancer, some say that I'm worse than someone with two left feet. Besides, I could see you were having a good time and I didn't want to intrude."

This wasn't entirely true, he didn't really like to dance, but it was because he was very self-conscience of looking foolish, not because of lack of rhythm. The fact was, he had played drums in rock bands earning a little side cash from the time he was in high school. This sideline had continued all the way through his hitch in the Air Force, and back at Atlanta, his first civilian assignment. He wasn't currently playing, but only because of his moving to Memphis. He hadn't yet got hooked up with any bands there.

People witnessing him in action with a band, would disagree with his assessment that he couldn't dance. His playing style was totally engaged in the music, his body moving, his hands and arms making entertaining movements as he played. Yes, he would be seated on his throne, and yes, he was the source of the rhythm, but he added a dimension that many would call dance-like moves. He was not self-conscience while behind his set, in his mind he was playing drums, not dancing.

Donna continued, "I love to dance, gets me all worked up. I've been told I get too carried away but I don't care, I love it."

"Well, I've seen a lot of hot dancing, and you are as good as anyone I ever saw, a lot of sexy moves," he said, seeing a possibility that maybe he wasn't dead in the water with her.

The music started up again and a slow song was playing, she grabbed his hand and said, "Come on, dance with me."

He didn't want to lose her to someone else, so he went with her. She melted into him, without his having to be sly, she pressed up so tight against him he could savor her perfume and her body. She wasn't just against him tightly, she deliberately squirmed so that her hips, tits and thighs rubbed his body in the sexiest slow dance of his life. Her actions were having a profound effect and an embarrassing erection happened regardless of his efforts to suppress it.

Rather than backing away, she increased the activity that had caused his embarrassment and whispered in his ear, "I don't have a ride home."

Naturally, he offered his services and took her home, but not until she had a couple more dances with Jack and some other dude.

She invited him in for a drink saying, "It's the least I can do, since you went so far out of your way to bring me home."

Then she excused herself, and changed into tight jeans and a tee shirt. She asked him if he would like to stay a while and watch a movie, and of course Will said yes. Donna turned on the TV, she had already turned on Will.

They agreed on one of the "Fast and Furious" movies, then spent some time kissing and groping each other on the couch. The action on the TV and the couch was hot, and he was sure he was going to get laid, but she resisted. Her responses to his advances were mixed. She kissed him deeply and as passionately as he had ever been kissed, but as he moved his hand to caress her tits underneath of her tee shirt, she gently stopped him. She had been allowing him unrestricted access to them with her tee shirt on, and had even removed her bra to allow a more intimate feel, but allowing him to touch her bare breast was a no go. A similar limit was in place for massaging her legs and ass, a free reign over the outside, but unsnapping the jeans was not happening.

He thought, "Maybe it was her time of the month," but she didn't say that.

He was puzzled based on the action up to that point, she noticed and said, "I like you Will, maybe even like you a lot, but as for getting me into bed, we'll have to see."

The down side was that he was going home with blue balls that night, but the up side was she hinted that he had a shot. She wasn't easy, not a slut to be bedded quickly. He realized that this was going to take some effort on his part, but he committed to making that effort.

Will said, "I really would like to see you again," and she picked up her phone, asked his number and dialed.

She said, "Call me, I'd like that."

Their dating began and they were having fun spending time with each other. His supposition that the earlier road block had been her monthly cycle was incorrect, as he had made only small progress toward getting her into bed after several dates. At date number five, she allowed his hands under her tee shirt. He discovered he could make her cum by kissing her hard and teasing her nipples, but she still had held out, not allowing him relief.

Things took a change at date six, she pulled her tee shirt completely off and gave him complete access to her bare tits. She came hard this time allowing him to rub her blue jean encased pussy while sucking and teasing her tits.

He was expecting to have another blue ball departure when she somewhat surprised him saying, "It wouldn't be right for a girl to let her boyfriend go home without relief."

She got up and went to the bathroom, then came back with a towel which she spread out on the couch and had him sit on it. Then, with her breasts swinging deliciously, she pulled his pants down, and planted a killer kiss on him as she began to jack him off. He was wishing that she was going to use her pretty mouth on his cock to bring him over the top, but instead she broke off the kiss, and said in a sexy hushed voice, "Come on my tits baby, do it for me."

That's all it took. He shot big time, not only covering her boobs but her neck and belly too.

After cleaning up Donna said, "Since the Titans won and made the playoffs, there's a victory party at Gleason's this Saturday, and I want to go. Dave, Cindy, and some others are going, you're off this weekend, right?"

Of course, she already knew the answer, and he knew she wanted to go because there would be dancing at that club. Even though dancing isn't his thing she had just referred to Will as her "boyfriend," and he told her, "I absolutely want to take my girl out celebrating."

She jumped up saying, "Baby you're the best," along with a big hug.

Gleason's was really going to cook that night, there was a live band starting up. Will figured that if he got sidelined due to her dancing fetish, he could at least enjoy the band. Then, his spirits really jumped as he recognized the drummer, Billy B, an old friend of his from a rival band. They used to go to each other's gigs, help stir up the crowd and often sit in for each other on drums while the other guy got a rest, or drink or sometimes a cutie. "Man," he thought, "I wonder if he'll invite me to sit in. I could show off a little for Donna and her friends."

Billy definitely saw him, because he twirled a drum stick and waved to get Will's attention. When Will waved back, Billy pointed to his wrist even though he didn't have a watch, but it was a signal to meet him at the band's first break. Will nodded, and sped up to catch up with Donna. When he told her about Billy, she gushed with excitement and started telling all her friends that he would be playing with the band before the night was over. He tried to slow her down, "Baby, the other guys in the band may resist some player that they don't know messing up their gig."

She replied, "Nonsense, I bet if Billy B wants you to play, you'll play."

Their table got a round of drinks, but Will was dragged to the dance floor before getting more than two sips. He thought he was doing ok, but if you compared Donna and him to a couple of cars zipping along the four lane, his dance moves were like a Chevy and hers like a Ferrari. He asked for a break so they could get to the drinks while they were still cold. Fortunately, Donna was also ready for refreshment, so they did an alcohol and BS visit with the table mates.

The band reached it's first of three breaks and Billy came over and said, "Will-ie, my man. Good to see you."

Will introduced him, "Everyone this is the world-famous Billy B, drummer extraordinaire. Billy this is Dave, Cindy, Jack, Linda, Bob and Alissa. And this is my girl, (with emphasis on 'my girl') Donna."

Billy acknowledged everyone, then looked at Donna, drew in a large breath to make a point, and said, "Will, you really hit the jackpot this time. Donna, it is truly a pleasure."

Donna giggled, sucking up the flattery like a sponge drawing in water. Then Billy asked her if she knew her guy played in bands for years, that they used to go to each other's gigs and spell each other off.

She replied, "I didn't know he was a musician until tonight, guess I better do some research on him."

Then, Billy addressed the whole table, "Would you like to see him in action?" To which everyone cheered and clapped. Donna jumped up and gave a thumbs up showing her pride in Will.

He asked Billy, "Are you sure it would be ok, I don't want to cause you any trouble."

To which he replied, "No sweat Willie old friend, these guys are cool. I'll introduce you at the next break."

The band fires up again and so does Donna, who is ready for more fun on the floor, bolstered by a bit of alcohol induced inhibition. Will is trying to keep up with her, but she's pressing him to up his moves to match her erotic style.

Looking frustrated, she says, "No, like this," and pulls Jack (yes that Jack, from the BBQ) from their table, leaving Will standing alone, and feeling like a fool.

Will didn't speak, quickly left the floor, sat, finished his beer and quickly ordered another hoping no one had noticed. At least one person noticed, Dave, who had given him that curious shrug when he had first met Donna at the BBQ. Dave shrugged again and shook his head, but said nothing.

Will was miffed, not enough to cause a stink, but pissed all the same, so he went for some air. Along the way, he breezed by the band stand, where Billy acknowledged him, but looked curious as to where "his girl" was. The band's next break came around, and Billy grabbed him to meet the players, doing some serious bragging on Will's ability. They asked if he would like to sit in when they began their last set of the night, and he said, "Sure thing."

Will instantly had a thought that he might be able to give Donna a little payback. Billy had been getting a lot of female attention that night, and when he sat in, that collection of groupies might start swooning all over him. "We'll see how she reacts to somebody pawing at me," He thought.

During that break, Donna downed another mixed drink, so she'd be ready to hit the floor when the music started. He figured she was going the mixed route tonight because beer takes too long. Rum and coke could be downed fast, get the buzz and not miss out on any dancing. He kept to his favorite beer and wanted to go easy, as he wanted to maintain just the right amount of high to play great, but not get sloppy.

The band started up, and Donna gave Will the "let's go" look, and a moment later they were in the gyrating crowd with her looking hot and him trying hard not to be embarrassed. The band started playing "Brick House" by The Commodores, and Donna started putting on a show. Many guys were responding to her. He didn't know if they jumped on the floor when they saw her, or if in the middle of dancing they left their partners to fend for themselves. No matter the how or why, Donna had a male herd trying to one up each other to gain her attention. She was having her fun, and Will felt like an unnecessary obstacle, he left the floor, and she didn't seem to notice or care.

The band's last break began, and Will gathered up and got rid of his empty bottles at the table. Then he headed over to the band stand to prepare to play. No adjustment of Billy's drum set was necessary, since they had traded off during gigs so often, they had morphed into placing the cymbals and drums the same way. As he was leaving, Donna came over and asked, "Where ya' going stud?"

Her speech was a bit slurred. This was the most inebriated that he had ever seen her, it wasn't flattering.

"I'm sittin' in for a while, besides it doesn't look like you need me for anything anyway," he said rather curtly, expecting at least a flinch from her. He assumed she hadn't heard that last part, because there was no reaction to the obvious dig he threw at her.

Instead, she said, "Hey, guys, Will's going to play with the band." Then turned to him and said, "I'll be watching your every move up there, babe."

The band started playing and since Will had been paying attention, he realized that their arrangements were nearly identical to the ones he was used to. On top of that, he knew Billy's style inside out, so all he had to do was take cues from the bass player for their original stuff and the cover tunes were done nearly note for note as the original artists. Piece of cake.

They were in only the second song when he saw that Donna had lost interest, and was dancing with Jack again. Billy was nearby and seemed to sense Will's discomfort because he cut in on Jack and started dancing with Donna. From Will's point of view, Billy was trying to keep her near the band stand, and was resisting getting to friendly with a best bud's girl. This was not an easy task with her, she can draw a guy in, like a moth to a flame, but he was doing Will proud. It didn't last though and soon she was off again getting passed around like a joint at a stoner's convention, which was not 100% accurate, but that's the way it felt to Will.