Here We Go Again Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Add to that she was already fucking him and if she liked his size why quit when she knew she had been caught? Once she knew that you knew she expected a confrontation so she might as well enjoy it while it lasted. What is important here boss is that you love her and she wants you. Sign the contract Rob. Sign it and I'll match whatever she gives you in the way of company stock. I've got work to do so I'm going to leave you with your thoughts" and she got up and left the office.

I watched her go as I thought about what the two women had proposed. Michelle was absolutely correct when she said I'd be a fool to turn it down, but the sticking point would be my working relationship with Michelle if I decided to go for a divorce. And Ronnie had just pretty much eliminated my fall back position by telling me that she would never do anything to stand in the way of Hank's daughter's happiness.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Of course the stumbling block in the way of putting things back together was the bugaboo that was there in most divorces.

The trust issue.

Could you believe your other half's protestations of never again? If she kept seeing Randy because of the size of his cock would she spread for another guy who had a big one? Could you take her at her word and believe that she meant it? How would you ever know? It would be ungodly expensive to keep a PI on her whenever she wasn't with you. And even f you were prone to do it could you follow her yourself every time she went out? The answer to that was no. So what did you do?

I spent the time between putting out fires at work thinking on the subject and then it was time to go home. It was one of the few times that Michelle and I didn't ride to work together and so I spent some of the time driving home thinking on the problem and I came up with a solution just about the time I pulled in the drive. It was the only thing that I felt would work, but was Michelle willing to go along with it? If she refused we were done.

She was going to have to sign the prenuptial agreement that she had refused to sign back when she broke our engagement, but there would be a major change to it. If either party got caught cheating on the other party their shares in the company would be forfeit. If Michelle really meant what she was saying she would say "Where do I sign" without any argument and as far as I was concerned that was the only answer I would accept. "Where do I sign" or "Do you have a pen" were the only acceptable responses. Any other response would mean the end of our marriage. "We should talk about this" and we were done. "This seems a little draconian" and we were done. "I don't know about this Rob" and we were over. Only willing acceptance without discussion would work.

I took out my cell, called my attorney and told him to dig out the old pre-nup and put in the added change. He said he would have it ready for me at three the next afternoon and I put the cell back in my pocket and went into the house.

Michelle was already home and she had dinner ready so I washed my hands and sat down to eat. We talked about some things going on at work and then, dinner over, I asked her if she had anything going on the next night.

"Nothing I can't get out of. Why?"

"We need to put an end to what is going on between us. One way or another we need to move on. I have had a damned near impossible time trying to figure out what I need to do. I think I've finally found a way to force a decision to be made. I'll have what I need in place by this time tomorrow night so after dinner I want us to sit down over a glass of Brandy and see what we can make happen."

"I don't care what it takes Rob. If it will put us back together I'm all for it."

"We will see if you still feel that way tomorrow."

+++++++++++++++++

There was a lot of work piled up on my desk and most of it was fairly urgent, but I wasn't making a whole lot of headway. My mind was on what was going to happen around six that evening. Fortunately I had a PA who was pretty good at getting me to get my head out of my ass and I got most of the work out of the way before I had to make my three o'clock visit to my attorney.

I stopped at Barney's Bar and Grill for a beer or two while I read over the pre-nup and got myself in the mindset that I needed to be able to deliver my pitch. Once I thought I was as ready as I could be I headed on home. Michelle didn't have dinner waiting, but she did have a bottle of Brandy and two sniffers on the table when I got there.

"I didn't cook because I wouldn't be able to eat anyway. If you are hungry there are leftovers you can stick in the microwave."

"I'd rather get right to it" I said as I sat down and poured us both a glass. "I want you to let me get all the way through this without interrupting me. There will be plenty of time when I'm done for you to have your say.

"I've thought long and hard on this and it always comes down to can I trust you and sorry to say the answer I always come up with is that I just don't know. You hear the phrase "Once a cheater always a cheater" and you have to wonder if it is true. You said that you really didn't want to do it and you told me why you did it and while I don't think I would have reacted in a negative way toward you I can see where you thought that I might. But what I am having to look at is that even after you knew that I'd found out about what you were doing you kept doing it because, by your own admission, you liked it. Enough to take up with some other big dicked fucker somewhere down the line?

"You can say that it will never happen again and you can swear on a stack of bibles that it will never happen again, but can I be sure of that? Can I bet my life on it? No I can't. And I can't watch you 24/7/365 and even if I could what kind of marriage would we have?

"Make no mistake here Michelle. The issue here is trust. Can I trust you if we put things back together and quite frankly the answer to that question is that I don't really know if I can or not.

"There is another saying that sooner or later cheaters always get caught. With that thought in mind I decided on a path to follow. I decided to make cheating and getting caught so expensive that you would have to do a lot of serious soul searching before doing it."

I handed her the document that I'd picked up at my attorney's office and said:

"Read it and sigh it Michelle and we will go to work on putting our relationship back on track."

I watched her as she read it and I saw a frown appear on her face and I saw her lips become a grim straight line, but then I saw her shake it off. She finished reading the document and set it down on the table and stared at it for several seconds and then she looked up at me and............