High School Dates Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know. It's what we both always wanted."

"My mom died of cancer." She whispered.

"Yeah. I knew that."

"David. I have cancer." She whispered.

I was silent for long seconds, taking in what she had just said. Cancer was bad. Almost as bad as it could be, but there were treatments. "Can it be treated?"

"When the morning sickness got worse, I asked a doctor friend of mine about it. He did an exam and referred me to another doctor. I have ovarian cancer."

"Cancer of the ovaries?"

"Survival rates are not good, but there is some chance if they do a complete hysterectomy."

"I don't understand exactly. What does that mean."

"They take all my lady parts out. My uterus and ovaries." She whispered.

"But you're pregnant."

"Uh huh. If they do that, I lose the baby and I lose any chance of ever having another one." I sat silently, not sure what to say. "I didn't tell you because I knew you'd make me do it. To you, losing me would be the worst thing that could happen. But to me, to me, losing the baby would be the worst thing. So, I didn't tell you."

"But...If you don't get the surgery?"

"They said, there's still a chance, if it doesn't progress too quickly. I might be able to carry it to term and then get the surgery and radiation. We just won't know."

"How much of a chance?"

"One in six at best. So, I had to try. I had to have this baby. But it isn't going slowly. It's getting worse."

"How much worse?"

"They aren't sure I will make it to full term." She whispered before she broke down into sobbing tears. I held her as I too, cried uncontrollably.

---o---

It didn't take long for word to get around. I was surprised by how many people actually cared about the two of us. Katie, Chris and her parents, obviously. Mandy and her parents. Half a dozen couples that we occasionally played with, Victoria and all the ladies at work. Even Principal Johnson came by one night. Over the course of several weeks, we'd seen almost everyone that had ever been important in our lives. Somehow even Patty and her mom had found out and called.

For my part, I spent most of my time in a daze. My work was suffering, as I just couldn't seem to come to grips with what this all meant. More than likely Betsy wouldn't survive, and if she did, we'd never have any more children. That, alone, seemed to devastate her even more than her own life. One thing had been clear, Betsy wanted to be a mother more than anything else in the world. She once confessed that if we hadn't gotten married, that she would have found a way to have me get her pregnant. She wanted my baby. Not just any baby, but MY baby. Well, it looked like it was going to take some luck to even get that, but she wouldn't survive to enjoy it.

Over the next month Betsy started to show the effects even more. The doctor ran some more tests and pronounced that the tumor was growing quickly and that was the cause of a lot of her pain. There was only so much he could do without affecting the baby, and that left Betsy to deal with it as best she could.

Katie taught me how to do laundry, and Rose took me shopping several times for food, teaching me how to get the most from my money. Mom and Anne took turns coming over, almost daily. Along with Mandy, they were trying to help me learn to cook and make a menu and shopping list. If it weren't for them, I don't know what I would have done. Of course, Mandy also took on the responsibility to keep me grounded. She refused to let me sink into the loss that we both knew was coming. She just kept saying over and over, that when the baby was born, I was going to have to care for it and I better damn well not let Betsy down! She was right. I couldn't let Betsy down.

Mandy brought Aiden over as well. She was older, almost a year now, but she was still a good subject to learn to change diapers and dress a baby, and learn to rock and hold. Our baby would be so much smaller, but at least it wasn't going to be completely unmanageable.

"Oh shit!" I groaned as I looked down at myself, Aiden just wet through her diaper, all over me. I could feel it soaking through my pants and underwear. "Here," I said, getting up and holding her out to Mandy.

"Uh-uh. No one is going to be around later. Might as well figure out how to handle it." My mom said with a smile on her face.

I shook my head and headed to the bedroom and the changing table we'd set up.

"Uh oh. What happened?" Betsy asked from the bed.

"Someone peed through her diaper," I said.

"Did someone pee through it? Or did you not get it on right?"

"Well, I'm not making any accusations, but this little thing seems to always pick me to pee on. I don't think she likes me."

Mandy laughed as she and mom settled on the corner of the bed to watch me. "I told him he had to deal with it himself."

"True. You know, it's almost bed time. You might as well learn how to give her a bath." Mom suggested.

"Or you can just give her a shower. That's what I do. She likes feeling the water on her." Mandy added.

"A shower? How do I keep from dropping her?"

"You hold her." Mandy said.

"Fine." I said, laying her on the table. I undressed Aiden and then started to undress myself. "Everyone gonna just sit and watch me?"

"Why not?" Mandy asked. "We all enjoy the view."

I shook my head as I continued to undress, tossing my pee-soaked pants and briefs into the dirty clothes. "I guess I better get undressed too, if I'm going to show him how to do this." Mandy said as she stood up. She slipped off the little dress she had on, unsnapped the big nursing bra that held her ample tits in place, then slipped off her shoes and then her panties. I picked up Aiden and headed to the bathroom with Mandy and mom following me. I turned on the water and adjusted it to be warm, but not overly so, and then stepped into the tub and under the water. Mandy stepped in behind me, her tits rubbing my back as I carefully rinsed Aiden to get her wet. "Now. Soap her up. But be careful she gets as slippery as an eel!" Mandy said with a giggle.

I squirted baby bath on her and switched arms back and forth, rubbing the soap all around, including her little baby parts. While I did, she kept reaching for her mom, trying to grab at her boobs and nipples. "I think she's hungry," I said.

"Yeah. I'm not surprised." Mandy said, allowing Aiden to lean against her and close one nipple into her mouth. We stood there, me holding Aiden, sucking on one of Mandy's breasts, my dick getting harder by the moment. I felt Mandy's hand brush across my hardon and then grasp it. Her hand gently stroked me, teasing me harder and harder as we stood in the shower together. "Oh my." She whispered as her other breast began to spontaneously spray little streams of milk out of her nipple in several directions at once, some of them hitting me and others hitting Aiden.

"Does that happen often?"

"It can," she whispered. "But it happens more when I'm turned on."

"Are you?"

"Kinda, I haven't had sex with anyone in a long time, except with you at the dunes."

"I know what you mean. I haven't either. We did it one night and when she climaxed it hurt her so much, that I'm afraid to try again."

"Yeah," she whispered, using one hand to lift her breast slightly and squeeze it to a comfortable shape for Aiden, while her other hand continued to slowly stroke my engorged shaft.

"How am I going to feed the baby?"

"Well, you don't have boobs." Mandy answered.

"Bottles." Mom answered from where she leaned against the wall, watching the two of us past the partly open shower curtain.

"Bottle feeding isn't the best." Mandy answered. "But Betsy isn't going to be in any shape to breast feed."

"You could wet nurse her." Mom said to Mandy.

"Me?"

"Sure. You have plenty of milk. Aiden won't miss the little bit that the baby takes. You could."

"But I'd have to live here. I mean, you have to feed every couple of hours."

"Well, there is that." She nodded. "Not that you'd mind all that much, would you?"

"I might not, but Betsy."

"Would be thrilled if you nursed her baby." Mom said quietly, stepping to the shower. "Why don't you give me Aiden and you two can finish showering and then you can come finish feeding her."

I carefully handed the baby out to mom, who had a towel ready. As soon as she had her in the towel, she pulled the curtain closed. "Don't take too long though." I heard the door close a few moments later.

Mandy stood with her hand still on my hardon, looking down at it. "Do you suppose Betsy would mind if I helped you out?"

"After the dunes, I kind of think she'd almost demand it." I whispered.

"Been a long time since we had sex in a shower."

"Yeah. It has." I agreed, as she shifted her weight and lifted one foot to the edge of the tub. She pulled my dick until it was between her legs and then rubbed my head between her soft lips. "Ohhhhhhh damn." I groaned as I leaned toward her, forcing my cock into her soft, hot depths.

"Oh yeah." She gasped as I pushed all the way into her, squeezing my body against hers and trapping her against the wall. I started to rock my hips, working my dick in and out of her, my chest rubbing her full boobs. "Oh God yes. Fuck me. Fuck me like we used to do."

"Remember the time we were doing this in the shower and your mom walked in on us?"

"I thought you were going to die of embarrassment, until she took her robe off and was naked. She stood there and played with herself, while she watched us fucking."

"And played with herself until she came right along with us." I agreed breathlessly. "I think she wanted to come join us."

"I know she did." Mandy breathed, moving her arms around my neck. "God David, kiss me," She whispered, as I continued to stroke up into her. She pulled my face to hers and kissed me, her embrace urgent and needy. I could tell from her kiss, what she was feeling. It was a kiss we shared many times, before the end of that summer. It was a kiss that I was afraid we would share again, and here we were, doing it. I kissed back, feeling her right breast leaking its milk down my chest, as her climax inched closer to fruition. We sucked and kissed and fucked each other greedily, her body beginning its final push, moments before mine. I felt her pussy clench around me and her moan slip into my mouth from hers.

"Uh." I grunted in her mouth, as my body spasmed and jammed my rock-hard dick deep into her. I stood, leaning against her, pressing her to the wall, almost as if I were afraid she's somehow run away. We kissed urgently, greedily, as my body jerked and pumped shot after shot of pent up cum, deep into her, her own body accepting it with spasms of its own. Slowly the urgency faded and we broke the kiss, small quick kisses on each other's lips, still happening, as we panted for breath. "I'm sorry." I said breathlessly after my dick softened and slipped out of her.

"For what?"

"For what we just did. I don't think we should have."

"David." She whispered. "Do you know why she invited me to the dunes?"

"She wanted us to be friends."

"She wanted to see if we could still be more than that. David, I don't think she expects to make it and she doesn't want you to be alone."

"What? You're supposed to be her backup plan?" I asked a little sarcastically.

"I guess you could look at it that way. She's worried about you. She saw what happened when we broke up. She knows what you went through. She's afraid that if you lose her, it'll be worse. I don't blame her. You are a fantastic man. Devoted, attentive. Hell, you'll do anything she asks you, just like you did for me. Look at all the women you've had sex with since getting together with her. Why do you suppose she did that?"

"I don't know. I never understood. She was always enough for me. I didn't need that."

"But she did." Mandy whispered. "Even back in high school. Everyone knew. She was the one any guy could count on, to put out." I scowled at her. "I'm not saying that to be mean. It was her thing. She learned it at home. Her mom and dad, they were, um, well, they were swingers. Her dad met her mom dancing at a club. From what my mom said, she was pretty damn good at it. It's not a surprise their daughter is a bit of an exhibitionist as well. Done with love, there's nothing wrong with it, but it is what she is. You love her and obviously, it doesn't bother you enough to be a problem. So that's fine. I can see how much you love her. Everyone can. That's what's important, not who or how many people you have sex with."

I stepped back and pulled her under the water with me. "I don't want to think about her not making it. I don't want you to be a backup plan. I need to think that she's going to make it. I need to believe that. If she wants me to have sex with you, fine, I will. But don't ask me to love you. Not now. Not while she's got any chance at all."

"I understand." She whispered. She gave me a kiss and then slipped out of the shower, leaving me standing there alone.

12