All Comments on 'Hilton Head Getaway'

by CAROLINA_GENTLEMAN

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Good Story

Heads and shoulders above most of the stories in LW recently.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Nice story. It was great to see the husband move on to a great life and the slutty whore end up miserable and alone. She only had herself to blame.

MollydaKatMollydaKatalmost 5 years ago
I liked !

John got his pound of flesh , and a real wife !

*****

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
Maybe if we hadn’t seen this a hundred times before . . .

. . . I could judge it more fairly. This was well written enough, but formulaic. Wife has secret, annual trip to meet lover, husband found out about affair due to 21st century electronics, husband plays along, cold heartedly so that he can set up his revenge, has a buddy who just happens to be a private eye, uses cheating wife’s social media accounts to reveal everything to everybody, gets the boyfriend, who had more than one playmate on the side fired and divorce, while some anonymous third party does the ass kicking for him . . . .

I’ll admit it: there are only so many ways you can write a cheating wife story, and they’ve all been done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Nicely written. Sex, love, and video tapes. A little sad at the end, but what can you do?

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
loved it

i m beaming with a huge smile because the cheater didn t prosper

i guess that cake she was having and eating too turned out to be toxic ... lol

great writing and fantastic content

5* gazillion hard ons and too many orgasms to count

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Photor

Just a thought on the posting of the photos,

He didnt have the legal right to place the cameras in the room to start with and then with Uk law( where i live) sending the photos/video out like he did would of got him jail time depending on what judge he got so for him to say opps sorry was quite lame and how could he divorce her for adultrey when he did the woman next door when he found out and took her away for a week.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"John and I have a standing sex date every Saturday night that includes the same foreplay and the same variation of the same three positions." - Sigh. It's the same old story she's bored with their sex life, so once a year she cheats, instead of doing something to make the sex life for BOTH of them more exciting year-round! Of course, it never occurs to her that John might ALSO be bored, and how would she feel if HE relieved his boredom in the same way?

Of COURSE he has all sorts of evidence and has gone totally BTB on her reputation!

"That cruise was going to be our first vacation without kids in nearly five years, a chance for us to get back that spark." - Too bad she had already re-lit HER spark with Brian!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Too much.

It wasn't bad until the husband came into the story. Then it got boring and repetitious in a hurry. Too many long moralizing speeches that went paragraph after paragraph. The guy just couldn't stop talking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not bad, not good

Just a paint by the numbers BTB. I've certainly read worse but this contribution adds nothing new.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sad

Yep she cheated but I cannot help a little sorrow for her.

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Deserves a good score

The plot isn't anything original, but few here are. Nevertheless, this is very well written. Nice job.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story

One of the best BTB's I've read in a long time. Thank you. Five very well deserved stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I just really enjoyed this story

Not sure what stuck out, but it was enjoyable throughout.

You're absolutely right about 'revenge being a life well lived'. Someone hurts you, doesn't matter if intentional or unintentional. The best way forward is to heal, and live a life that mocks their efforts by being full of positive actions and feelings.

This story I also believe highlights, maybe accidentally, the biological similarities and differences in men and women. Both want safe lives and happy children. But as a tournament mammalian species...it's always the men that court and women that accept or reject. When she cheated, she was 'shopping' around for another man. She kept affirming her original pick was maybe better. Maybe she enjoyed better sex, or not. But she'd never chose her lover. Men, conversely, don't shop. They pursue. Married men are at the most risk for being cheated on and cheating. That is because they already 'caught' a mate. So he's less likely to try and court her. John learned to not grow complacent from this. Also, married men are baes. Women see that other women chose the man when they see the ring, and even if only in their imagination wonder what's so great about him to be marriage material.

Yes, other men prey on married women because complacency can breed resentment. But married women need to understand their partners are prime real estate for younger ladies looking for a stable relationship. And while for women, in aggregate, only choose the best men. Men have no issues with shorter, wider, slower, less financially stable. To men, all women are beautiful, or at least fuckable. His strategy isn't to pick and choose, it's to spray everything and move on. And yes, he's learned over years of evolution to be patient around children, willing to nurture them, become a good provider....but. His DNA has no problems impregnating dozens of women. Not all men are loyal....but if you ever find one....keep him happy. His biology is screaming at him to leave you for younger pastures.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
Good tale

credible characters and dialogue, which can be a real rarity on Literotica.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 5 years ago
Well written and believable.

This was very well written with nothing over the top or unbelievable; just a good story about a woman who didn't consider the consequences of her actions. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow what crap. How many fellonies did he commit any one?

I counted three, she would have been fine with him as someones bitch. Unlawful restraint, sending of private images without consent (multiple counts), lots and lots of jail time.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 5 years ago
5* Excellent BTB

Hubby went nuclear and did it well. No wimpy cucky story. And her lover got fired with a beatdown. All bases covered. Woohoo!

dc6370dc6370almost 5 years ago
A bit over the top

A couple of months ago some guy in Philadelphia was sentenced to 1-3 years for posting photos of his cheating wife. He was also sued by the lover for privacy violations. In this story he can also be charged with unlawful restraint since she didn't know about his plan. I realize that the BTB club eats this shit up, but I just prefer a touch of reality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Way Too Over The Top BTB

This story deserves a 3, but that's based on technical merit only. The writer can put words together to tell a story, his grammar and punctuation are adequate, but his imagination is sub-par. Sad to misuse talent in this fashion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

Good story. Now stay far away from HDK. He will make ya into a cucky writer.after all he is the premier resident cum slurper round this site .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Punctuating Dialogue 101

When one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed. When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark. If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

<P>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I love it when HDK posts anonymously and bashes himself

Yes, we know. Don't stop.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
As Reed Richards said:

" there are only so many ways you can write a cheating wife story, and they’ve all been done." May I add: "done many times".

But the market for BTB stories seems to be inexhaustible, regardless of their inevitable sameness.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

"unlawful restraint"

Except she consented to that and they have it on video.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
GREAT

Don’t care about the commented on legal stuff, the story was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story

I hope any wife reading it will take it to heart and remember that it takes two people to make a stale marraige and either one can start a fix for it. And for any husband reading it, take note of the last scene and confession of John.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Lost me with the way over the top response, so it made the end less believable.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Creative way to find a cheating wife!

...naked, handcuffed to the bed. I had to laugh. It's hard to say, "But, honey, it's not what it looks..." She never had a chance at reconciliation after what she did.

Your story reminds me of the old adage "Live as if you lived in a glass house." Her actions were her downfall, but the price was shining a light on her behavior. Whatever she got from it, it was never worth the price.

Good story. Ignore the critics.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Why Only Redemption For Him?

John learned from his mistakes (ex. not taking his wife for granted, being less loving with his wife after the birth of his boys, etc), he owned up to his part in the demise of his marriage, but he got redemption in a new wife, new kids and a happy life. Why doesn't the wife get the pain of losing her husband, maybe a year or two of loneliness and eventually move on herself?

I have no problem with anything he did, including the social media stuff (although with kids involved I agree with him that you don't want to damage their mother to that degree, but when emotions are high it's understandable behavior). Divorce is totally understandable too. Just redemption for him and none for her leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when she wasn't purposely trying to hurt him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Believable?

Not in most parts of the USA! Just one visit to a decant lawyer and his revenge would be looking like a massive self-inflicted injury. This story is just an all-too-familiar fantasy.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Excellent

Just an excellent BTB story. Stupid cheating wife thought she had it made. A paid sex vacation with her lover while clueless husband waits for her at home. Suddenly things don't look so good and her life is in the toilet. I love his revenge. I think family ,friends, and employers should know about wife and her lover and what caused the divorce. He didn't do any physical damage to her, but the psychological toll was suitably brutal. She keeps wanting to explain something that cannot be explained. She cheated, got caught and has no defense . Glad to see Brian get full retribution for his part too. The best part of the revenge was the husband keeping her close to his new wife and family and letting her see everyday what her cheating cost her. That was brutal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Theorizing about his convictions and jail time for outing the whore are curious to me.

Sounds like people trying to make him pay for taking revenge on a stupid selfish slut. Maybe there are some guilty consciouses who cling to the hope that at least she can get some reverse revenge on her self righteous husband? That could be a problem.

The problem for the easy conviction crowd is that he sent out all the material on her computer, as if it were coming from her. All a judge and jury would have is the conflicting testimony about how the photos were taken, and who sent them out. The predator asshole and the whore will be put on the witness stand and very quickly admit that they are liars, cheaters, and have been lying and cheating to their spouses, friends, families, and children, for years. The husband's attorney will extract from the whore wife that the beginning of the affair started unintentionally, with getting drunk and becoming brain dead irresponsible. The attorney will then assert that the fuck buddies filmed themselves so that they could relive and enjoy their fucking episodes for all the months in between when they were deprived of each other's cock and vagina. The attorney will also assert that in another bout of being drunk and brainless the wife sent out the photos herself, bragging about replacing her stupid dufus husband.

All the husband's attorney has to do is create a plausible explanation of how the drunk whore fucked up her own life, even more than she had planned. Only one juror needs to be convinced to avoid criminal conviction. How much time effort and money is the state going to spend to get the wife some revenge? And of course the wife won't even bring the charges until she has lost all hope of getting her husband back. That will add to the evidence that the wife is just trying to punish her innocent husband for dumping her whore ass.

No. Jail time for the husband is very uncertain, and I think unlikely. Too bad, so sad. The moral of the story is exactly what the author presented: don't do the deed if you're not willing to risk the consequences.

She of course did the husband a favor. He ended up with a better woman and a better family. The divorced whore got more pity and love than she deserved. In reality this self centered slut would have been fucking someone new within a few weeks of getting separated. That's the only unrealistic part of the whole story.

Good job. Thank you.

And thanks for allowing anonymous comments. It really toasts the cowards who can't bear to hear negative comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Lol

Such a perfect guy, such a stupid kvnt, how about trying to be more realistic in your next story. Look around you? Do you see many supermen around you? Most men I see are kind of pathetic and not exactly irresistible. Of course women cheat, maybe I would too if I was one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yawn.

About half way through the story, this becomes just a slog to finish. At least it is short. At no point in this story do I ever give a shit about John. Yeah, a bitch got burned. Big deal. Nothing original. Boring revenge. Suzanne is just another boring stepford wife.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Familiar male revenge fantasy

Made more interesting told from her POV, although John’s uninterrupted post exposure diatribe precluded much input from Maggie.

Laptopwriter’s “It’s Against the Law” a few years ago also included a blindfolded in a motel room reveal, although the broader story was different.

Thanks for sharing your story.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
Anonymous: Theorizing

The problem is that you are mistaking the legal system for justice; the two are not the same. The standard of proof in civil claims is not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but the preponderance of the evidence; the jury must award based on what is more probable, not on certainty. And the jury need not be unanimous in a civil case, the way it is required in a criminal one.

Then you get a jury full of women, some of whom have cheated on their own husbands and others who might have had fantasies about a once a year vacation like hers, and Shazam! he’s the guilty party for having overreacted to his wife having some perfectly reasonable extracurricular fun, fun he hadn’t been providing her . . . .

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years ago
It seems that my proclivity for used condoms

is making some readers queasy. My good buddy, "ya name caller, ya" is my biggest supporter and I thank him/her/it. I always say you can call me anything as long as you spell my name (HDK) right. Let's face it. Most people can spell HDK.

Thanks for posting this story, Dreamer, and for putting in the time and effort for us readers. It is appreciated.

RedPillRedPillalmost 5 years ago
You were never supposed to find out

Well-written tale, with one part that particularly caught my attention.

In a lot of these stories, the wife says things like "You were never supposed to find out" or "As long as you didn't find out, it didn't hurt you", etc. When our protagonist talks about what he tells his clients, he has the perfect answer to nonsense like that: "I always tell them one thing. Never risk anything that you aren't willing to lose, no matter how big the potential gain may be. When I apply that to what you did, it absolutely breaks my heart to realize that I am an acceptable loss to you."

To me, that answers perfectly the nonsense about "it would never hurt you as long as you didn't find out." Even if she didn't think he'd find out, being willing to take even a slight risk of it happening indicates the value that she placed, or failed to place, on her marriage.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
An interesting point, RedPill

You summarise it by saying "Even if she didn't think he'd find out, being willing to take even a slight risk of it happening indicates the value that she placed, or failed to place, on her marriage."

In all aspects of life, risk vs reward is a constant. Those who over-emphasise the risk achieve nothing. All the chickens would remain on the same side of the road.

In society, all major changes have been brought about by people breaking the current mores. Sex before marriage was frowned upon, but men did it and eventually society accepted it. Slowly, Western society is coming to accept that women can do it too.

Statistics are unreliable, but it would appear that about a third of married people have engaged in extra-marital sex. They find the reward worth the risk. How long will it be before society says "OK. People do it, no harm done" and it becomes just as acceptable as pre-marital sex?

Lue

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@RedPill

To continue with the investment analogy, say a husband, without telling his wife, takes their life savings to invest in a "sure thing." When it pays off, he'll replace the money, and she'll never know, then he can use the gains to buy himself a hot car.

But the investment fails and they lose it all, and when she finds out he says, "You were never supposed to find out." Would that make it okay? Not to mention where he got the money for the car, but that's a different story!

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 5 years ago
Very good story...

While the affair was not pleasant to experience, you “burned the bitch” and allowed the husband to come out with a good life with dignity. Thank you for your time and effort...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@luedon

I don't know about everyone else - I can only speak for myself - but I have to say I get so sick of the way you slant all your comments to try and justify lying, cheating and the betrayal of vows as acceptable and, dare I say, the 'norm.'

This time you're drawing a correlation between people having affairs behind their spouses backs with "all major change" like fucking around is a noble revolutionary act on a par with the likes of Emmeline Pankhurst getting the women the vote.

You truly do come across as one amoral, unethical, depraved, selfish, self-indulgent soulless bitch. I pity your husband.

driv2u2driv2u2almost 5 years ago
Why

Why didn't wife just move on obvious hubby wasn't going to get over it, life's to short just move on

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
Risk vs reward thread:

If people actually made this calculation, adultery would drop to near zero. But sex isn’t a logical calculation; it’s driven by lust and passion, and cold calculation of the odds of getting busted, other than for that first time, are improbable.

The vast majority of stories in LW involve the adultery being revealed, and those in which the wife gets away with it are not appreciated. Still, while no one knows the percentages, a lot of adultery does go undiscovered, a lot of people do get away with it.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Anonn 7/7

I agree with you on your opinion on the slant on dear Lue's comments. It's always the same tired lament on the BTB, and the unfortunate suffering of the cheating spouse when found out. The constant complaint that the stories don't emphasize the innocent not felt by the cheaters while straying. I really don't think that Lue's favorite whipping boys, and girls, of the Moral Brigade are the only ones who do not see extra marital sex as innocent fun. I believe the majority of people agree that cheating is wrong and should not be accepted. Comparing acceptance of infidelity to voting rights for women is a real stretch, but Lue is determined to push her pet agenda. Thank you for a well reasoned and civil comment.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
"I pity your husband." Anonymous comment

Don't worry about him, Anonymous, he's the one who got me thinking the way I do.

And, as ReedRichards said, "a lot of adultery does go undiscovered, a lot of people do get away with it," unlike most Loving Wives stories that depend on discovery so that the response of the husband can be explored in the story.

Lue

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: @luedon

lue may be surprised that, while not for me, I have no inherent opposition to extra-marital sex.

My opposition is to cheating. If extra-marital sex is so good and wonderful, shouldn't you be able to share it with your spouse?

The husband/wife rule still applies: If you wouldn't do it in front of your spouse (or with their knowledge, in front of might be too freaky!), then you shouldn't be doing it.

Maybe it's different in real life, but at least in LW, wives have affairs to "spice up their marriage," but when asked how they would feel if their husbands did it, they freak out!

Frankly, to some degree extra-marital sex IS accepted! They're called open marriages, where BOTH parties agree that they can BOTH have outside lovers. It may not be accepted in the sense that others know about it, but unless they're living together, I don't think most couples having premarital sex exactly announce it, though it's probably presumed to be going on.

RedPillRedPillalmost 5 years ago
More on Risk vs Reward

@ReedRichards said "If people actually made this calculation, adultery would drop to near zero.".

Maybe so for the adultery in the typical loving wives tales. But I'm not so sure that's true of all cases. For example, an exit affair can be quite calculated, even if it's also "driven by lust and passion."

However, if one still thinks that the husband's contention about his wife considering him an acceptable loss isn't valid due to the nature of adultery as a non-rational action, then he could also contend that it's not worth staying married to someone who is incapable of exercising the self-restraint needed to make that calculation.

Many people exercise self-restraint all their lives, for instance avoiding behaviors that could land them in prison, regardless of the temptation. Neither believing that he's an acceptable risk nor that his wife is incapable considering consequences before engaging in harmful behaviors give much reason to remain in the marriage.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

The point about acceptable loss is an interesting one. The problem is, that I don't think it's ever that conscious a choice.

I suspect that most people who do cheat, tend to do so when they think they can get away with it. How successful they are in keeping it secret depends on how smart and lucky they are, versus how oblivious and trusting their spouse.

They might not actually evaluate whether they are prepared to lose their spouse over an affair, but the fact that they are willing to cheat shows the true value they place on the relationship. After all, they probably wouldn't be screwing around if everything was completely happy at home.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Conscious Risk

Is the person who speeds or steals with no concern about what will happen if they're caught better than the person who decides that the risk is worth it?

If my wife cheats because she decides that losing me if she gets caught is an "acceptable risk," or if she cheats because she doesn't even consider the possibility, does it really matter?

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
There is a difference, Powersworder

There is, of course, a difference between the motives of a married person who 'screws around' and one who 'has an affair'. (Just as there is a difference between a single person screwing around and one who engages in serial monogamy.)

Screwing around would be harder to conceal and carry greater risk.

As you say, Powersworder, "After all, they probably wouldn't be screwing around if everything was completely happy at home."

On the other hand, I knew of two 'affairs' back in the 70s where everything was very happy at home, but those involved wanted a little extra. We do make considerable demands on monogamous marriage when we expect it to provide everything the other partner requires.

Lue

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaalmost 5 years ago
Their home sex life...

was described as mundane by the wife. It must have been really bad. While handcuffed to the bed she gave her hubby a ball bath and a blowjob and didn't recognize the cock in her mouth as his! All she noticed was the way he just plunged into her mouth and the fact it was thicker than her lovers cock. I've seen women that could pick their hubby's cock by bj out of a lineup blindfolded. Seems strange to me that hubby beds her 50x a year more than her lover yet she didn't know his cock.

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for the read.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

"everything was very happy at home, but those involved wanted a little extra."

If they were truly happy at home, they wouldn't be fucking someone else. The fact that they're looking for more, means that they feel something is lacking from their life. Taking on a lover isn't a trivial decision... you're choosing to deceive the person you're supposed to be spending the rest of your life with.

If you genuinely do love your spouse, would you risk breaking their heart with infidelity? If someone still does it, it's because they don't really care about the person who they're lying to and betraying.

Of course most people won't sit down and clinically make that decision, but that is the reality. Subconsciously, every cheater knows that if they get caught, they're risking their marriage... but they do it anyway.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
A good tale

Your writing and storytelling are really good.

Wouldn't have been surprised if you went the reconciliation route. It seemed you were wavering with that as well, but fixed on the divorce. Either would have made this a good story, after all you had btb in it.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Bummer.

How sad to loose the love of your life and to know you had thrown it all away for a stupid fling. The sense of loss would be unfathomable. Thanks for sharing author.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Reading again

I have read all the comments to see how others see your story. Nothing I see changes how I feel about it. You are relatively new at this, and I envy your ability to write a compelling story. I still think the divorce is all on her. She cheated after she mistook comfort for boredom.l think she should have talked with John and worked on her marriage, but instead , she goes for the quick fix and cheats. He was righteously angry and took an appropriate revenge. It's also justice that he moves on, has new wife and children , while she is unable to form relationships. Love the story

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 5 years ago
Great read

The husband was a little too righteous. After all if you can’t keep the dog happy under the porch it will wander. Every failed relationship is a failure in both sides.

PommelknotPommelknotalmost 5 years ago
There is no such thing as a "unwilling cuckold".

A cuckold is not defined as one with a cheating wife. A cuckold willingly, in fact usually enthusiastically, supports his partner mating with others, often remaining abstinent. The term is derived from the Cuckoo bird, in which the female pairs with a male for life, leaving the nest to mate with a dominant male, who usually doesn't partner. The male of the pair then raises the offspring as his own, and that is the crux of a cuckold, one who willingly, and with foreknowledge, rears the children of his partner who he knows are not his progeny.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pommelknot it wrong

That is not how Cuckoos breed, read Wikipedia for gods sake. Alpha male my ass. It’s about laying an egg in another birds nest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
BTB

I like the BTB stories with a short, sharp shock. But I really hate Revenge Porn BTB.

She hurt him badly, then he was finally able to leave the effects of her actions behind. To the end of her life, far in the future, his actions will still be hurting her freshly every day. (career, relations with family, coworkers, friends (if any), etc.). There's also the pain of her knowledge that some kid somewhere, at any given time, is still fapping to her video.

LoejtcLoejtcover 4 years ago
Over the Top

I was enjoying the story until I came to the bedroom scene at the resort hotel. Then the wheels came off. It was just juvenile.

To think that a nude handcuffed woman would docilely lie on the bed exposed to her husband and a PI is inane. She would be hysterical probably screaming for help.

Secondly, while her bondage was voluntary when her lover did it, it was not when her husband took control. Since she asked to be released and he refused he probably is guilty of involuntary imprisonment.

To think that she would even be lucid enough to comprehend what her husband was saying during his never ending monologue of revenge is inane. And the whole subplot of the slut neighbor screwing him all week and going on a cruise with him is fantasy land.

LW stories may be fiction with a reasonable expectation of suspension of belief, they lose their validity and interest when the writer takes the reader on a flight of fantasy. That one scene dropped it from a 5 to a 3 for me.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story enjoyed. Cheaters caught and punishment and punishment and punishment

The pain just keeps going on and on

Deserved

Love yet disrespect etc serious dichotomy

Most stories though and each time my thoughts are. Seriously you expect any logical person to believe that

Story so I don't worry about most just cheaters caught and punishment

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This John of yours is a real lowlife and a very sorry excuse of a man!

Although your characterization of him is probably over the top, you are portraying a callous, vindictive and deficient personality who relished in physically and emotionally destroying whom he lied to have once loved. Gentlemen do NOT behave like that, especially against weaker people - they are gracious in their victory! There is nothing gentlemanly about this John and I sincerly hope he does not represent southern (Carolina) gentlemanship!!! Or does he?

deadmunnydeadmunnyover 4 years ago
reply to anonymous.....

"you are portraying a callous, vindictive and deficient personality who relished in physically and emotionally destroying whom he lied to have once loved. Gentlemen do NOT behave like that"

Really? Maybe its me *shrugs* this betrayal and her complete disregard for fidelity and vows, he did not physically hurt her (in the story he apologised for "losing" it) but after seeing the video- him sending it to all her friends and family seemed fine.

the behaviour of the wife in the story could also be described as "callous, vindictive and of a deficient personality"

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69over 4 years ago
Reply to anon.

Anon you are obviously triggered. Everyone knows that gentlemanly conduct is only extended to ladies not whores.

To the Author.

Great story. It has just the right mix of btb without going full Carolina reaper on it.. I look forward to your other submissions

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Over reaction

After his sending email messages and videos to all of her contacts, she became very depressed. When she was babysitting the boys she was so depressed at her loss that she poisoned them. When her ex came to collect the boys he found them dead and his ex-wife rocking in the chair with a total schizophrenic break. The story of his vindictiveness came out in the investigation. He lost his job and all confidence of the people that he used to help with their investments. He finally committed suicide himself and his wife died at age 90 in an institution.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Enjoyed!!!

I agree with what John did to his slutty wife... I would never have agreed to stay married for a whole year just to make her feel better. He was right to burn the wife and her lover, Scorched Earth was perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just Wow

I had as much fun reading the comments as I did the story, especially by Authors I've enjoyed. Not bad for a relatively new Author. Although I'm glad now that I wasn't able to do the 'out her on social media' thing years ago myself, if given the chance at the time I would have done it to destroy them. I never even thought of it only because the net as we know it now didn't exist at the time, it was really only Milnet, some Universities connected with bailing wire and Scotch tape, BBS's and fast 300 baud with no error checking. What the worst thing as was noted in the story would be the practically inevitable fallout on the kids. Sooner or later they would be made aware of it and it along with the bullying would be devastating, perhaps even fatal. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Brb in a nice way

A life well lived is really the best way to enact revenge. Showing that they aren't even worth getting even with is enough sometimes.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 4 years ago
A GOOD STORY WELL TOLD

An enjoyable read from start to finish. You do good work. Keep it up.

I look forward to reading more of your very professionally constructed work.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Shit

What crap. It seems all you authors want is to fuck your wives over. What ever happened ho working on your marriage life. I wonder there are so many divorces

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 4 years ago
Interesting.

CG is an interesting writer.

I usually don't like his plots,

but I liked this one.

Even though it was told by the cheater.

This was solid stuff.

Except for the last part.

There is no revenge in living well.

Those who say that

don't know what the word "Revenge" means.

This story (and some very thoughful comments)

gets top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Readable prose...

The story is competently assembled but shear nastiness bleeds through everything. Why do so many writers in this genre hate their wives?

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Good Story

And good advice...Never gamble on anything you're not willing to lose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Maybe...

Maybe some of us hate our ex's because we've been betrayed also. It happened to me. I worked my ass off, for my ex and her 3 kids, to try to give them everything that they wanted. I found out that during our 1yr 10 month marriage, while I was at work; she was fucking her first husband in my bed. Her kids didn't say anything because he was their father. I was simply an unwilling cuck and meal ticket for almost 2 years. She was even giving her ex some of my money and paying for his hotel room. Of course, she never worked because she wanted to be a 'good' wife and mother. FYI...some cunts just need to burn. I hope my ex and her kids do because the judge gave her my house and money. I built that house before I met her. By the way, she moved her 1st husband into the house after I left. So now you may understand our 'bad attitude' and resentment.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

One more time. I just don't understand the commenters saying John is vindictive and cruel. Her betrayal was total, and she actually got off easier than she should have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bullshit!

I think, that in a complete panic, after her husband shoves her panties into her mouth and tapes her mouth shut, she vomits. With nowhere to go, she's forced to try and swallow her vomit, it goes into her lungs and she literally drowns. It's one way a lot of alcoholics die. Unconscious, they vomit and drown. A truly horrible death. So her husband goes to jail for, at the very least manslaughter, and never sees his kids again. Stupidity runneth amok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Good

Good plot and well developed. The cheating was bad and certainly on-going, with every intention of continuing for the forseeable future. She was bored with her 15 year old marriage and was willing to risk her safe marriage for the excitement her lover provided, instead of sitting down with her husband and discussing her feelings.

She suffered but had brought this on herself. Very truly, risk only what you don't mind losing! She was stupid and paid the price. Got what she deserved.5*s.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago
Anonymous 8/12/20

Get another attorney and go after the house. With the first husband there you shouldn't need to pay child support or alimony as he is providing for her. The house being yours before the marriage should not have been considered community property either.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

As for this story John did go overboard with his vengeance. Destruction of that level destroys permanently. I'm not surprised she has no one in her life. She has no resources to get new friends much less a lover or husband.

Her old friends deserting her removed any self esteem she had left.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

Two years of backstabbing and betrayal playing him for a fool all the while,glad he didn't go to jail and she got less than she deserved.

lukeey90lukeey90about 3 years ago

I think this is one of the few believable husbands reaction in LW. 5*

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Well written story, the storyline was most entertaining. In the end everything was it was suppose to be John, Suzanne and family live happily ever after. Maggie on the other hand was left with an empty existence realizing she really fucked her life away. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah, he didn’t just “Burn” the bitch, he vaporized her. That was pretty much “going nuclear”, I think. By the end of his confrontation of her in the hotel bed I almost felt sorry for her. Almost. Good story, and very well written, thanks to the author for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don't buy the over the top revenge motif, albeit a well written story. The author is quite talented. All the exwife had to do was move on, quite literally. Geographically, employment, socially, all together. The USA is a big country and if she had the will and the wisdom, move on and learn. The author should have explored that also.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

Very well one, thank you! I really enjoyed reading this so, 5-Stars, no quibble!

Personally, I think that anyone who thinks this amount of revenge is OTT has never suffered a gnawing heartbreak of a bitter betrayal by someone they love with all their heart, o/wise they would empathise much more!

So I would suggest that either they have not yet experienced that deep and bitter angst that such a deep betrayal leaves behind in it's wake, -the hollow emptiness and desolation of spirit and self-worthlessness that is swept into the vacuum of a ruptured loving heart, because either they were never abruptly ejected from their lover's heart, or else they never really loved their partner with an undying passion.

I.M.H.O., of course!

But then, I have lived through something similar.

Regards, R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The revenge was over the top. I have experienced this type of betrayal and I don't think it is healthy to have that much hate in you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She got what she deserved! STUPID SELFISH WHORE!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

What I love so much about this story is that not only does the MC get to invoke righteous BTB bolts upon her, he then lets all that go and lives an amazing life as revenge.

This is an example of some more ancient concepts of revenge: balance needs to be restored through vengeance before a good life can be lived again.

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 1 year ago

Really good story. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought his take down of his wife to be well measured. She got what she sewed.

She was a whore w/o a shred of shame or caring. He vows meant nothing to her.

His use of social media to wreck her life, in compensation for emotional destruction of his was NOTT. No physical violence was involved; he simply accepted the reality of what she was, realized the girl he loved was now a sick fiction and went on with his life to a new and better one.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Too predictable for me. There are scores of yarns in LW which use the same basic plot. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brutal.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 1 year ago
Just A Suggestion:

I offer the following thoughts, open for use by any Lit LW author who is interested.

Yes, the BTB aspect of raping the tied-up wife, plus going widely public with the video exposure of wifey's Hilton Head dalliance are both pretty severe. Might I suggest (here it comes...) that the husband reserves such exposure for the doubting-Thomas' as he quietly removes himself from the already terminated marriage? For example, when the wife's mother unloads on him for abandoning her princess, he simply responds with a copy of the video. I'm thinking of the impact that action might have on the doubter and on the wife. Just a thought...

Thanks to the Carolina_Gentleman for an interesting story, generally well written and truly entertaining.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I was worried for a minute you were going to turn this into a RAC. Thanks for a MC that has character and backbone.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Look divorced seemed inevitable especially given his stance on fidelity, which she knew. But she cheated what three times over two years at three annual conferences for a weekend each time. Yes she blew up the marriage. But all the stuff in the hotel room and the Facebook and emails was too much. Yea she betrayed him, in a premeditated way, and he read the many emails and Facebook.messages and his blood boiled. He had the videos and communications. He can threaten to use them to get better custody of the boys. She signed the papers in the hopes of reconciliation. The burn was not warranted. Three weekends in two years, at each angle conference, merits a divorce and that certainly ends up.hurting both of them, but ultimately more her. She isn't an evil person. She got swept up in a once a year affair at the annual conference. It is repugnant but not earth shattering like a multimonth affair, meeting a guy 2-3 times a week, or having another guy's kid, or demanding him to.let her have a side c$ck. Nah the humiliation he put her through was too much. That level of btb is for more grievous offenses. Get a divorce and move on. He was already banging the divorced neighbor before that weekend and then on the cruise. He acted much more mature after filing and coming back from the cruise. He even admitted he went too far. Have the tapes, audio, emails, etc. If a MIL comes knocking then show whr the evidence. Explain to the kids what is going on. But the social.media and email.nuclesr option was not merited for 2-3 weekends in 2 years. Yes the lying snd the planning is awful, but it wasn't as bad as the majority of betrayal in LW stories.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

At the end I was kinda rooting for reconciliation. John really punished her and took a lot of revenge. It felt like he balanced the scales but still chose to throw her away. I think I'd have given her one more chance...maybe

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

n annual event to releve her fustratind stress over a year is not that big of a deal. I think the hubby should have joined in marriage counseling and saved what was otherwise a good marriage. Some guys are just too damn insecure. No doubt she would have ended aymore annual relief ```````trysts.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous