Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dycke, just so I can be sure you are not guessing at all of this, how much do I get paid per day?"

"A little less than I do, Patty. You get $1.4 million a day, which is a very tidy sum. However, you only get it, when you work for the FBI, I get paid every day."

"Harold, tell me about your program."

"Patty, there are three major sources of carbon dioxide emissions: Coal, Cars, and Cows. I am working on a program that I believe with your help, can reduce the carbon dioxide emissions from coal to down to less than 1.1% of what it is now. The coal seems to be easiest to figure out if my initial program run is correct. The cars is what I am stuck on. That is where I need your genius. If we can hit our stride on both of these problems at the same time, and have the president introduce both bills to Congress simultaneously, both the coal industry, and the automotive industry special interest groups will cancel each other out. They can't say that we are picking on one instead of the other. The problem is sulfur and hydrocarbons. My program has shown a way of letting the sulfur react with the hydrocarbons, changing them into inert compounds. There is a lot of work to do, and a lot of testing to do after that to make sure the compound is harmless to the planet and the people on it. However, if everything I think comes to pass, we will be closer to zero emissions faster and cheaper than anyone ever imagined. Nobel prizes will be thrown at us. Every science prize will be on our shelves. There will not be enough banks to hold our money. When we have enough for our lives, the lives of our children, grandchildren, and generations to come, we will release all our patents and give the technology out for free. What do you think?"

"I think we are going to need a Cray 5 computer, and a secure place to house it. Also, I will not leave Glens Falls. It is the only place I have found happiness. I love everything you have said, and I would love to help you with your quest, but I am staying here for the rest of my life."

Dycke replied, "You do not have to leave. You can work from home. I have secure satellite, microwave, fiber-optic, long line, and every other kind of secure communications available. Nothing my companies transmit are over clear communications lines. It is expensive, but it drives my competitors crazy. If you have to travel, it will be on private jet, never commercial. If I am going to pay you $1.5 million a day, your time is very valuable to me."

"Dycke, I only charge that amount of money to the FBI when I have to use my programs. I am very wealthy in my own right, and you don't have to pay me so exorbitantly."

"When Harold and I discussed a timeframe for this particular program, he said. It would be 2 to 3 years, including the testing. If you figure in another two years to get coal and automobile industry changes through Congress, that brings it to five years. When the program hits the general market, in the first six months, I anticipate sales in excess of $300 billion, between those two industries. Our total outlay during that time should not exceed $15 billion. My companies can absorb that outlay, without going to the bank for a loan. We will become the largest corporation in the world, within 10 years. If you can figure out what to do with the flatulent cows, it won't take us that long."

"How will we set up the corporation between us?"

"Since I will be funding the operation, you two will be indebted to me for two thirds of the general outlay. I will get 50% of the income until that is paid off. After that, we each get one third of the profits, less the costs of business management fees."

"Who makes the decision on the management fees?"

"Stephano will be involved in that area. Any time you wish to see the books, you are welcome to do so. Our corporate offices are in Charleston, South Carolina. Harold lives in Cottonwood, Arizona, and has an apartment in the building I live in. It is very convenient when he comes to town for a few days, or a few weeks. From our balconies, we have beautiful views of the Ashley River, the Intercoastal Waterway, the City of Charleston's historic area, and the Atlantic ocean."

"You make it sound idyllic, Dycke."

"I have lived in that building, since a few weeks after Payne, and I got married. I have never regretted one day of it."

"Will Stephano have to go down there to conduct business?"

"I'm afraid the answer to that is yes. If he is going to become an integral part of the management of our new venture, he has to meet the people he is dealing with; he has to learn their talents and weaknesses, and set up whatever protocols he needs, as far as the distribution of information, and money is concerned. An aircraft will be at his disposal, with 24-hours' notice. Tell him not to be frightened when he sees my wife in the flight deck. She is one of the best pilots in our fleet."

"Dycke, Harold, sign me up, because I am in. My mother told me I was going to meet people today, and I would help them change the world."

"I thought your mother had passed away."

"Yes she did; but I talk to her every day with my heart."

"I will have my lawyers draw up contracts for the three of us. Have your lawyers read them carefully. Make sure everything I said is in them, and you are protected. Harold and I have known each other for many years. We sealed our deal with a handshake. However, with the addition of a third party, we need an official document. My father-in-law will draw it up, and I will have it to you in a few weeks. I want both of you in South Carolina to sign it. We will have a press conference to tell the world what you are working on, and the timeframe for it. It will catch every other software company off guard, because no one will be working on it. It will catch both industries off guard, and they will scream bloody murder. I want this over with before the programs are completed. Your reputations will smooth the way for this to work. Let's kick some big countries, and company's asses. While we are at it, let's save the planet at the same time."

Celeste tapped Dycke on his shoulder and said, "Dycke, if you think I am going to let you monopolize these two geniuses, and what you have in the pipeline, I will make sure you cannot buy lead for your pencils. I helped put the president where he is now, and I am going to help put Clark in that seat next. We can do this my way, we can do this your way, or we can do with the easy way. Which shall it be?"

"Celeste, one day I am going to be richer than you are, and then I am going to be able to threaten you."

"Dear boy, why do you think I am not letting you monopolize the programs, Harold, and Patricia are going to design. Changing sulfur, and hydrocarbons into inert matter is a stroke of genius. You do know how many labs and computer experts I have working for me. If I put them onto this one task, I may be able to get ahead of you and patent it. However, I do not want to steal Harold's computers, which he does not hide very well between Callie's clothing. I want to play fair, only if you will play fair with me. I will fund half of the operation, you fund the other half, and we split your 50% in half, until it is paid off by these two. Do you agree?"

"Do I really have a choice, Celeste?"

"Of course you do, dear boy, but with one phone call, Harold's computers disappear."

"Celeste, you are some piece of work. I will have my father-in-law draw up the contracts. We will have a press conference in Charleston in a month, to let the world know what we're working on, and the timeframe for it."

"I knew you would be reasonable. Also, this keeps it outside your family business interests. You can sell your portion to me any time you want. It's going to be interesting to find out what kind of hardware we will have to build to put these programs to use. It would be a boom to the American economy to have it built in the United States."

Dycke said to everyone at the table, "If the election is close, we could always have Clark announce, late in the election process, that he made an agreement with us to have all the equipment, for the changes in the coal and automobile industries, manufactured in the United States. It will give him the entire Northeast, plus Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. A Republican cannot win the election, without those states."

Celeste laughed. "Dycke, you just called me 'a piece of work.' What should I call you for that piece of thievery?"

"Saving the country from another Boston 'TEA PARTY!'"

"I have to drink tea, I'm pregnant again."

"Does Philip ever stop getting you pregnant? Do you have a pact or something, 'One year on, One year off?"

"I have a dear friend, who said we were going to have five children. She told Philip, we would have four girls all with blonde hair, and green eyes. She has been correct so far. This one is supposed to be boy. I will not take a sonogram, because Philip will bribe the doctor to find out the sex of this baby, with everything he owns. It is driving him crazy. He can't go near my friend, Antonia, because she puts the screws to him better than a medieval torture device. When he sees her coming, he runs away. She is all of 5 feet tall and 103 pounds. If you ever have the pleasure of meeting her, don't ever call her short. She has not out 200-pound FBI agents, and my husband without any trouble. It got so bad, the Archbishop of Milan had to put restrictions on her behavior."

"God had to be called in to calm her down?"

"Her husband is 6'2" tall 220 pounds, and built like an Abrams tank. He bench- presses cars for fun. Before they got married, she used to beat the shit out of him regularly. She is now my financial advisor."

"I can see that, no company would dare disappoint her instructions on earnings and dividends."

"She also has a cutting sense of humor, you have to watch out for. You will never see it coming until it is too late."

"What you're saying is, 'If I don't visit Italy, I'm safe."

"Oh no, Dycke; when we make our announcement in South Carolina, I'm bringing her with me. We will all go out to dinner together afterwards. Payne will love her."

"I think I'm going to be sick."

"Good, I'm going to enjoy that evening even more. After all, I will be five months pregnant by then, someone has to throw up at the table."

"Celeste, first you rain on my parade, then you want some little person to stomp over my head."

"I am going to tell Antonia you called her 'a little person.' That should get her riled up for our visit to Charleston."

"How far and fast can she run?"

"She holds the record for the Malan marathon. You can look it up online, if you like."

"Have I told you lately that I hate you Celeste?"

"You know you don't hate me. You just want to be as rich as I am, so you can get even with me."

"If you keep putting in on my business ventures, how am I supposed to get as rich as you are?"

"You're not, that's why I keep butting in. You are smarter than Warren and three times younger. You and I are going to be friends for a very long time. If this system works as well as we think it will, we may see blue skies all over the world again, and our bankbooks will exceed some major countries."

"There are only so many yachts we can waterski behind."

"Yes, but look what we can do for all those impoverished countries that need our help. We can start here at home, and once we get the one and of six Americans that are living in poverty out of it, by changing the rules the Congress has forced them to live under, we can help the rest of the world, one country at a time."

Patty said, "My mother told me, before my wedding that this was the day to start changing the world, let's get to work."

*******

Clark Atwater never touched a check all during the event. Jim Green took care of that. Clark held intimate discussions with his well-heeled donors, espousing his views on the role of government in the private lives of its citizens, its role as the world's police force, problems with the nation's infrastructure, the federal deficit, social security, and many other problems facing the nation. He told them what was fixable, what was not, and why.

These people were not used to such frank discussions. They were used to politicians, who danced around the edges of problems, and promised to fix everything within the first 100 days of their administration. They paid their $5 million to hear this kind of discussion, and they were very pleased with it.

At the end of the day, Jim Green calculated the amount of money that was collected, and smiled. Every other Democrat would fall out of the race once Clark announced his intention to run. With this one event, he had garnered a war chest of $525 million. The closest Democratic competitor, the senator from Massachusetts had not yet reached the $200 million mark. He would fold like a house of cards. The Republicans were mired in a four-man battle, and not one of them had exceeded $100 million in their war chests.

Jim had to remind himself that this was the small event. The big event would take place in December, when Clark's niece got married. When corporations got wind of the amount of money raised today, they would open their checkbooks and start writing seven-figure checks with Clark's name on them. Since the Supreme Court said that corporations were people, they were no longer restricted to the amount of money they could give any one candidate. Corporations normally spent their money on the other party. With Clark's huge advantage, Jim knew, in his heart, this would change like the wind.

**************

Brad found the three of them seated together, eating, and laughing. He did not know whether to be relieved or worried. As he approached them, his grandmother said, "Bradley, have you eaten anything. The food is delicious, and Bonnie is delectable."

Under his breath, he said, "Oh shit, what have they done to her."

"Bonnie, would you like to dance?"

"I would love to." She put her plate on to her seat, took Brad's hand, and followed him to the dance floor.

He asked her, "How terrible has it been?"

"They are hysterical. They don't hold anything back, when it comes to you. They told me everything you did, during high school, college, and graduate school. Your mother told me about the gigolo thing. She told me what a wonderful job you did on Patricia's house, and you being an indentured servant. Your grandmother told me about taking your Corvette away. I know the size of your waist. The length of your inseam, your shirt size, and the color ties you like. I even know the type of chocolates you gave them for Valentine's Day. By the way, they don't like milk chocolate, they prefer dark chocolate."

Brad said, "Really, I never knew that, they never told me."

"Do you remember when I asked you about my address?"

"Yes."

"Your grandmother and mother do not need a computer, when it comes to you. They remember everything about you from the second you came out of your mother's womb, to the moment you took my hand, and asked me to dance. It is like they have a direct connection to your brain; you have never been able to pull the wool over their eyes, ever."

"I thought I was the cleverest kid in school, and my mother knew everything I did."

"They even know I was Thursday night."

"Oh no, that is embarrassing."

"If I am not embarrassed, why are you?"

"I wanted us to start out with a clean slate. I didn't want them to taint you with our past. I'm sorry about that Bonnie. First, they invade my privacy, and then they take you on a trip down memory lane, which could affect what you think of me."

"Brad, I was there in high school. I remember what you did, because I was one of your conquests. I did not need anyone to remind me. They did not distort my view of you. I know who and what you were, and you reinforced that yesterday. You also told me that you were trying to change. What more can any woman ask for. You didn't lie to me yesterday, and you are not lying to me now. I don't know how you feel about it, but I find it refreshing."

"Bonnie, did I tell you how beautiful you look today?"

"I believe you did, but you can say it over and over again, if you'd like."

"Bonnie, you look extraordinarily beautiful today."

Stephano and Patricia danced over to Brad and Bonnie. Stephano said, "I see you saved her from your mother."

"No, not really, they told her every one of my dirty little secrets, before I got there. I am trying to save our relationship now."

Patty said, "Brad, did you say relationship? Did I miss something in the last few days?"

"Patricia, this is Bonnie. We went to high school together, and reconnected on Thursday when I went with Stephano for a massage. We hit it off, and since neither of us are seeing each other, I told her what a bastard I was, until I met you two escapees from other planets. I told her if you two could learn to live together, I would like to find out if we could start a relationship together. Much to my surprise she said yes, probably because she has a double-barreled shotgun in her home."

Patricia laughed. "Bonnie, you are a girl after my own heart."

"It's not a double-barreled shotgun, Patty. It's a pump action shotgun. It carries five rounds in the stock, and one in the chamber. He will be a good boy."

"I have watched him change over the last six months. With five or six more years of training, I think he will be marriage material."

"Would you guys give me a break. You're beginning to sound like my mother."

"No Brad, your mother is planning an April wedding for us."

"Please tell me it's not true. Please tell me you're joking. Bonnie please look at me and tell me you're joking."

"I will quote what your mother said to me. ' My mother and I were both April brides. Wouldn't it be wonderful for you and Bradley to get married in the same month as we were.'"

"I am going to kill them both. That is the only way we are going to have a chance at a normal relationship."

Patty laughed at him. "Brad, just the thought of you and normal in the same sentence doesn't seem right. Let's go to the barn, and see what 'Timeless' thinks about this."

"You keep that god damn horse away from me and my car."

"Brad, I love horses; why don't you introduce me to her."

"Yes Brad, why don't you do that. We can't go with you, but it should be a very enlightening experience for Bonnie."

*******

The first thing Brad did, as they entered the barn, was grabbed a bucket and fill it with oats. Bonnie did not say a thing, as she followed him to 'Timeless' stall. She was lying down, resting, until she saw her two guests peering down at her. She got up, shook herself off, and went to see who was visiting her. She recognized Brad, but not the pretty woman with him. She bowed her head over the rail; stuck her muzzle near the woman's head, and sniffed her. The woman made a very good impression on her, when she scratched her behind her left ear.

Brad attached a lead to Timeless halter, opened the gate, and let her out. He put the bucket of oats on the J ring, and allowed her to eat to her heart's content. Of course, with any horse, what goes in one end, comes out the other.

"Oh shit."

Bonnie laughed. "That's exactly what it is, Brad."

"Really, that's one of my jobs. While I'm here, tuxedo or no, I have to clean up after them. I will be right back, I have to get the shit shovel."

Brad did his duty, cleaned himself off, and returned to Bonnie. She asked him if it was true that 'Timeless' did it to his car.

"This horse will do anything, Patricia tells her to do. They have a mental bond between them that is something to behold."

"Brad, did you design this barn? It looks like it's a bomb shelter for horses."

"It's a long story, but I will shorten it. The previous barn was a wooden structure that went up in flames. Patty risked her own life to get her horses out. That's how I met her; in the hospital, the next day. She wanted a barn that was fireproof, so nothing like that would ever happen to her horses again. I told her I would be back in a week with preliminary plans. She said she wanted it by dinner. I told her no one could do it that quickly. She asked me if I had Computer Assisted Design on my computer. I said yes. She took the computer from me, and designed this within a few hours. All I did was the electrical, plumbing, and other things that brought it to code. I should have learned at that point, never to bet with her, because she was brilliant. However, I was arrogant, and I was going to get between her thighs, before she knew what hit her."