Hunter Hunted Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the fuck?" Braxton asked then felt a strange flooding of heat in his hands. Glancing down, he dropped his hands from Mirage as she too began to glow. "Stop that!" Braxton howled angrily.

But neither Hunter nor Mirage were in control at the moment. Their bodies were pulled toward each other and Hunter could feel his hand rising, his fingers reaching for Mirage. There was no pain with the heat they were suffused in and he wasn't afraid. He felt as if whatever power was drawing them together was resolute and there could be no other ending but the one that that power wanted. His eyes were open as Mirage floated into hand's reach of him and he felt his skin touch hers. "I love you, Mira."

There was the burst of green as a blaster was used against them, but it reflected off of the glow. It surrounded them, that strange white light, protecting and holding them until whatever was going to happen did happen.

"I can't believe it," Mira breathed. "It's impossible."

"What's impossible?"

Mira held her arm up and Hunter could see huge dark gouts of some soft of liquid lifting from her skin. "What is that?" he asked, alarmed.

"It is the poison, the poison that Bia cursed me with three thousand years ago. They are taking away my curse, Hunter." Tears were sliding down her cheeks and he reached up, wiping them gently away with his thumb.

It took a few moments for all the poison to disperse from her system but when it was gone, Hunter had found a way to draw Mirage in his arms. A throat being cleared interrupted the lover's embrace and Hunter allowed Mira to turn in his arms but not to leave them. Three people, two women and a man, moved toward them and Mirage's eyes widened as she recognized them.

"Mirage," Aphrodite began. "Bia wishes to speak to you now that she has finally been forced to see the truth of the matter that occurred all those many decades ago."

"Speak," Mira said, though it could in no way be described as being gracious.

"I was...misinformed," Bia began. Aphrodite cleared her throat again and gave Bia a dirty look. "Fine," the woman growled. "I was wrong. I know my husband raped you and I am sorry that I listened to his lies then to even try to see the truth. Your curse has been lifted, the gifts that were given along with the curse will remain. I am...s-sorry." She folded her arms across her chest and glared at Mira and at Aphrodite.

"We are allowing you one favor as well, Mira." Aphrodite waved her hand at the men who were trying to figure out how their bullets wouldn't reach past the white glow that surrounded them. "Your choice, Mira."

Mirage's mind swam and she could barely believe what was happening. Just the knowledge that the curse was over, that she could live life like a normal woman and not have to worry about a sly brush would cause the person insanity. She glanced up at Hunter, seeing the joy in his eyes as well. Then it hit her and she decided instantly of what favor she would ask for.

"My wish is not for myself," she said softly.

"Then for who?" Aphrodite asked.

* * * *

Ahhh, now what and for whom does Mirage want her wish to be for. Any ideas? Oh come on, people, you've all mostly been reading my work for a while and you know the little plot twists I love to throw into a story. Let's just say, it'll answer a ton of questions...

Anyway, I think two more chapters at the most and this one will be done. I have a character I created for this novel that I'm really intrigued wit and who may deserve his own novel in a few months when I finish a few of the others I've started. Domino seems to like to sneak into my dreams at night, though hell, who would complain. So I think he needs backstory and his own novel. Thanks so much for reading me and don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you wish. Take care!

12