I Will Love You Forever Pt. 2 Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Kirei look at me." Kenji said softly. "What would have happened had I not done the right thing and helped you that day? What would have happened if we had given in to our parents and not fought for our right to be together? Don't you see? We have been fighting all along. The difference is this time; we can put a name and a face to our enemy."

Patricia was silent. She knew that he was right but that didn't take away her fear.

"You have my word that I will not go looking for him and that I will come home to you and our children every night."

Out of arguments, Patricia agreed.

Later that night as the children slept, Kenji lay behind her with both arms around her hugging her tight against him. He hummed the song that he had sung to her before he was taken away to the camp. By the end of the song, she was crying.

"When I first sang that song to you I made you a promise and I kept it." he murmured against her ear. "I am making that same promise; I will come back to you."

Patricia didn't reply but pushed back into him tugging at his arms for him to hold her tighter. She fell asleep with Kenji whispering in her ear about the places that he wanted to show her and the children.

********

Ty fixed himself a sandwich still reeling about the turn of events that had landed him back at what he considered square one. He still couldn't believe it. Lawrence was dead and his bitch of a wife was gone. It wouldn't have been so bad if he could have kept the house but her father had put it in her name. The sandwich was almost to his mouth when a thought occurred to him. The money in the bank.

Becca had given him access to it but he could only take out a certain amount at a time-again something that her father had set up. It wasn't a lot but it was more than enough for him to meet whatever needs Lawrence might have. His plan was to coerce Becca into talking her father into upping the limit but that wasn't going to happen. He had no doubt that her father had already called the bank manager at home and gave instructions that were to be initiated immediately.

That meant that the only money that he had was the money that he had saved and while it was a good amount, it wouldn't last long if he had to rent a room. He threw the uneaten sandwich in the trash and began to pace. He had less than a week to get out of the house and as much as he wanted to trash it, he didn't dare. He couldn't take the chance of police involvement.

He ran down his list of options and came up with a few, he could just go back to South Carolina, he could rent a room and find a job or... Otis. Otis was a confirmed bachelor who lived in a small house that his parents had left him.

"Can I put up with his incessant chatter?" Ty asked himself. "I have to." he muttered. Then he changed his mind. He would rent a cheap room because he needed privacy and Otis' house would be his safe house. The best part was all he would have to do is call him and Otis would come running.

Ty wished that he hadn't thrown the sandwich in the trash and started to retrieve it. "Fuck that." he muttered and made himself another one as he planned for the evening. As he ate his sandwich, he realized that he needed a contingency plan that included a way out of town... Otis. Things were definitely looking up.

Another issue solved, he began to think about the people that Lawrence wanted to visit. He knew that there was a chance that he couldn't see all of them so he asked himself who Lawrence would want him to visit first.

That bitch of a wife and her man. He didn't stop to think about the children, his mind was now set on Will and Sally. He finished his sandwich, washed his hands and went to the bedroom. Out of habit, he looked around to see if Becca was anywhere in sight and laughed at himself when he realized what he was doing.

He pulled out his old beat up suitcase, opened it and took out a small bundle. He carefully opened it and took out the .45 caliber pistol that he bought through a private seller. The man had thrown in the ammunition as well as the cleaning supplies for free since he had no use for it.

Ty hadn't cleaned the gun yet although he knew that it worked. He had insisted on firing the weapon before he purchased it. He carried the gun and cleaning supplies to the bed and laid them down not caring whether he got oil on the bed or not.

He took his time cleaning the gun and putting it back together. When he was finished, he lay down for a nap.

*********

Nick, John and Will went over their plan for the evening once more.

"I'm going to be the one to approach him since it's my house." Nick said. "John you'll be on the other side of the car and Will, you be ready with the door open.... John?"

"I was just thinking... what if he got a gun? Nick, you would be in his line of fire."

"I've already thought about that." Nick replied. "I won't be approaching from his side but from behind and I won't be unarmed."

"Good." John said relieved. "Do you suppose we should call your friend Charles?" he asked as an after thought.

"That's not a bad idea." Will said.

Nick gave it a moment's thought and nodded. A few minutes later, he was back.

"He's on his way over."

By the time they finished planning, Hana and Hattie was calling them for an early dinner.

**********

8 PM: Ty sat in the car outside of the house. He knew that they were home because the lights were on and he could see their silhouettes in the window whenever they passed by. But he waited. It was too early and people were still out. Occasionally, someone would walk by the car, glance at him and keep going.

He only had to wait.

******************

By the end of October 1947, SAAB produces its first automobile. President Harry S. Truman's veto of the Taft-Hartley act is overridden. Stanton T. Friedman writes about a supposedly downed extraterrestrial spacecraft. The Exodus leaves France to take 4,500 Jewish Holocaust survivors to Palestine. It is captured by British troops at the port of Haifa and refused entry. The National Security Act of 1947 is signed creating the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the National Security Council.

Thor Heyerdahl's raft made of balsa wood smashes into the reef in the Tuamotu Islands after a 101 day, 4,300-mile trip across the Eastern Pacific Ocean. The trip proved that pre-historic peoples could have traveled from South America to the Central Pacific Islands.

A riot ensues in Verdun and Le Mans, France when the government lowers the bread ration to 200 grams. The communists take control of Hungary.

President Truman gives the first televised White House address about the world food crisis. Captain Chuck Yeager, a United States Air Force test pilot flies the Bell X-1 faster than the speed of sound- the first time this has been done.

************************

Civil Rights

October 29, 1947: The Presidential committee on civil rights submits its report and makes it recommendations. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. becomes a minister at the age of 18. He delivered his first sermon at his father's church the Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia.

*************************

I would like to take a moment to thank all of you for reading this story. It has been one of my greatest pleasures since I started way back when with part 1. I would also like to give thanks to my beta readers Anjel54 and Donalde for taking time out of their schedules to read and make suggestions. Thanks to Donalde for help on the guns... I had no clue. Thanks again.

Kal