Illusions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, how about we get rid of both places and buy our own?" Laurel suggested as Leyton sat with his arm around her while they talked.

"What about Meghan?" he asked.

"She'll have her own room. Besides, the way things are going with her and Orrin, she may not be living at home much longer herself," she said.

"When will your divorce be final?" Leyton asked.

"The year will up soon, why?"

"Because..." he said as he fished something out of his pocket and got down on one knee in front of her.

Laurel smiled and started shaking at the same time as Leyton said, "I've loved you all my life and now I am desperately and hopelessly in love with you, honey. I've never felt this way about anyone else and I want to be with you the rest of my life. So...Laurel Granger? Will you marry me?"

"Is that a serious question?" she teased as she held out her hand and nodded like crazy. "Of course I'll marry you, you gorgeous, amazing man!"

The divorce was final just one month before the start of King crab fishing and two weeks later they moved into their own home and were married there with Meghan and Orrin and a small number of friends in attendance.

Orrin had asked in advance and both Laurel and Leyton had given him permission to propose to Meghan on their big day later that evening.

Both women cried and hugged one another out of pure happiness for the other as they showed off their new ringsā€”one a diamond wedding band and the other a small diamond engagement ring.

The following week, Leyton flew Laurel to Alaska and took her down to Dutch Harbor to see the boat and meet his crew.

There were all kinds of cheers and wolf whistles and calls of congratulations from the men on other boats as they made their way down the pier.

Laurel enjoyed meeting all of Leyton's crew, but she especially liked meeting Toby.

"Okay, now I get it," he said as soon as they were introduced.

"You do?" Laurel asked.

"Uh-huh. The cap'n here was crazy head over heels in love with you and going out of his mind because he thought you were related and all. He showed some pictures of you, but man-oh-man, you are one gorgeous lady!"

Laurel smiled and thanked him for the compliment.

"Toby was the first and only person I ever told how I felt about you and it was really great to have someone I could trust, you know?" Leyton said.

She said goodbye to Toby before Leyton walked her back to the end of the dock then said, "I'll meet you back at the motel in a few hours okay, honey?"

"I'll be waiting with...nothing on," she said happily before kissing him goodbye.

They had one more night together before he had to head out to sea, and although Laurel was sad knowing he was leaving her for a few weeks, she was thrilled to know he would be with her for the rest of her life.

As her handsome young husband made love to her that night (and paddled her firm, round ass as she laughed and screamed with pleasure) she loved being free to love the man she loved so much.

As they kissed a long, slow passionate kiss before falling asleep in each other's arms, she remembered the guilt and the passion of the forbidden fruit she'd felt after 'the incident' and smiled as she thought about how life or fate or something had taken its twists and turns bringing her to a place where she was happier than she'd ever been before, until a year later when, just before she turned 40, Laurel Anne Kirkland once again became a mother, having giving birth to the most beautiful baby girl she'd ever seen since Meghan was born.

In honor of the 'sister' she never had, they named their little girl Lisa Michelle Kirkland, a reminder of life's many twists and turns as well as its many illusions.