In My Life Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I have heard enough! What gives you the right to beat a man because he is a suitor of mine? Who do you think you are? I am not a gun or saddle that you can buy, own, or claim! How could you do this? Especially when you already have a lover?" Maria demanded.

"I can't say anymore, not here. I ask that you trust my judgment in this, Maria. You are mistaken about several things. Please wait until you learn everything before you do anything rash," Emerson, aware of the others, almost pleaded.

"Why should I?" Maria replied, her emotions barely in control.

Emerson looked into Maria's eyes for a few seconds, then gave his answer. "I would say that if you have to ask, there is no reason." He turned to the others. "I apologize for this. It is my fault and I hope it doesn't ruin your breakfast."

Maria was furious. Her temper took on a life of its own. "You apologize for me? You have some nerve!" At a loss for more words, Maria's hands closed into fists and she moved close and began to hammer Emerson's chest. Emerson realized Maria was venting her frustration and her blows lacked power. Calmly he weathered Maria's blows.

Having her that close to him always had its effect. He watched her face as various emotions swept through her. Her nostrils flared, like a thoroughbred, and her breathing was rapid. Even in her anger, she was the most beautiful creature Emerson had ever seen.

Maria knew she had allowed her emotions to lie exposed for the entire room to see, and felt ashamed. This man that meant so much to her belonged to another woman, and she had played the fool in front of family and friends. When she looked into Emerson's face, Maria felt that old pull. Why was he looking at her that way with Ellen standing beside him? Anger again controlled her. Suddenly Maria remembered Emerson's bullet wound. It was pretty much healed, but had to still be sensitive. Suddenly, her left fist smashed into Emerson's shoulder at the location of the wound she had tended to for so many hours on the trail.

He would have trouble ignoring that blow! He deserved some pain after all he had caused her. She would enjoy seeing him suffer. He had brought enough to her.

The entire room was captivated by the scene playing out before them. When Maria struck Emerson on his bad shoulder, the spectators were amazed at the results. Emerson groaned and went down as if he had been shot. He was stretched out on the floor with Maria standing over him, fists still clenched.