Into the Sunlight Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,293 Followers

Meanwhile, Brandon watched the two new young women, One was a cop. She had cop written all over her. Her folks had no clue. She was not a regular cop either, but higher up. He wanted to talk with her.

Camirra cleared her throat. "So, I see you like Christy. I'll introduce you." She added cheerfully.

Brandon turned and looked at her. His heart raced, his palms were sweaty, and he had to remember to breath. "What type of cop is she?" He asked.

Camirra frowned. "Christy isn't a cop, she's a junior attorney." She explained.

Brandon laughed, "Is that what she told you?"

Camirra frowned, "Yes, and she has no reason to lie to us." She stated becoming annoyed.

Deciding that talking with this guy was not good for her temper, Camirra turned to walk away. Brandon caught her hand. She looked at him and he saw fear. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. I like you Camirra, and I was hoping we could talk more later."

Camirra smiled, "OK, but first you have to beat my dad at basketball. Oh, and Brandon, my dad was an all states champion," She smirked and walked off.

"Hey, Bran, we got to play the old dudes. My baby thinks her Dad is unstoppable. I need to show her just how unstoppable her man is." Brian boasted, kissing Rory on the forehead.

Cynthia laughed, "Uh oh, young man, those are fighting words. " Cynthia teased as everyone wandered out to watch the game.

Christy cheered for her Dad. Unfortunately, he fell and was out before the game began. Darius' team was about to have a player sit out, when a new car drove up. A tall, handsome man climbed out, and Christy frowned.

She quickly walked over to meet him, everyone waited. "You sent me on leave. I'm off duty. Why are you here?" She demanded quietly.

"Well, I'm taking a break as well, so I decided to stop by and meet your folks. Come on Christiana, it's not often the Director of the Federal Criminal Unit comes by." He smiled and she grew even angrier. "Introduce me."

By now Gunther had joined them. Whoever this guy was he upset his daughter, and he was not having it. Dawn quickly followed her brother as did everyone else. Christy took a deep breath and introduced her boss. "Daddy, everyone, this is my boss Director Keith Versic."

Versic shook her father's hand and was welcomed. "I'm sorry for dropping in. It's not every day one of our top agents is placed on mandatory leave. I wanted to make sure Christiana is alright. After all, she refused to answer her phone." He added glaring at her.

"Top agent? Baby, what is this guy talking about?" Gunther asked. He remembered years earlier Christie wanted to become an investigator. He didn't want her too. His worse fear was her being shot or killed. She apparently did the training and became one anyway.

"Daddy, I knew you wouldn't approve, so I never said anything." Christy explained.

Keith didn't like seeing her so vulnerable. He moved to her side and faced her father. "Sir, I assure you, Christie is one of the top agents in the field." He faced her. "I'm sorry. I thought your family knew. Let me just go."

Christy lashed out, "Please, go. Thank you for stopping in. I'm fine." She stormed off.

All of the men saw the dejected look on her bosses face and they knew. They had another guy to vet. "Don't leave." Darius added. "Can you play basket ball? The guys need a fourth guy on their team and you fit the bill."

Keith started to refuse, but if he stayed, then maybe he could talk with Christy again. He smiled and accepted the challenge.

"Daddy is going to hurt your boss, Christy." Camirra stated."

"What he didn't leave?" Christie exclaimed, "Fudge!"

The game started. Darius and Derrick were impressed. The twins could play. The agent was a little rusty but he caught on quickly. Jason took some cheap shot, but neither of the guys lost their temper. Keith noticed that he, his teammates Brian and Brandon, got most of the blows. Felix was rarely hit. It was then he realized what was going on. It was Dad versus suitor. Well, if winning this game meant he got to spend time with Christiana, then his team had to win.

Over an hour passed, and Marvin and Gunther called the game. Enough was enough. It was a draw. Darrius couldn't beat that kid. Neither of them. What in the hell was that cop taking, steroids.

"So, sir, now that you see I'm no pushover, can I date your daughter?" Brandon asked.

Darius threw a towel at him and growled. Keith searched for Christy and couldn't find her. "She's out back. Go talk to her." Her aunt suggested. Gunther started to follow when his sister stopped him.

Keith walked into the yard and found Christy sitting on a tire swing. "So, I beat all of your uncles at basketball. Your dad hasn't pulled a gun on me yet. I'm still here. We are not at work Christy, and we need to talk about that night."

"It never happened. Forget about it Keith. Go home." She whispered.

"Wrong answer. I'll never forget, and neither will you. I was your first, and I want to be the only." Keith sighed, "What are you so afraid of Christy? Talk to me."

Christiana closed her eyes. She remembered. Every time she closed her eyes, she remembered. "You are my boss. If this gets out, you know what can happen?"

"I requested a transfer. When you return, I will no longer be your supervisor. Think of a new excuse." Keith stood. He needed to leave. "I'll go, but when you come back home, we need to talk." He left. Christy watched him walk away, and a part of her wanted to call him back. A part of her wanted to go with him. Yet, a big part of her was afraid. She watched as he refused to stay for dinner and then drove off.

Rosa joined her. "You OK, Christy?"

Christy sniffed, "I'm fine."

The two young women joined the rest f the family.

Meanwhile, Brian stole a moment alone with Rory. "Your dad is awesome. I can't believe he almost beat us. Almost, being the operative word." He teased.

He kissed her, wanting more than anything to make love to his future bride. "I cannot believe Brandon and I are staying at your grandparent's house. The Felix guy gets to go home with Rosa."

"Rosa is his wife, and Uncle Cameron won't give them any time alone either. We'll be home soon. I'm glad you like my family." She added.

"They are awesome. Now, how about getting your sister to hook up with Bran? He is cramping my style." He teased.

Rory sighed. After Charles, Camirra shut herself off from guys. "She had a bad experience. Hopefully they can become friends."

Brian recalled talking with Rory over the past year. She was really concerned about her sister. He knew she had been in an abusive relationship, so that's why he didn't press. But he believed his brother was the best guy for her.

Thanksgiving was in two days, and Camirra would come back and help Grandma cook. As she was cleaning up the remaining dishes, Brandon joined her. He didn't talk. He just picked up a towel and started wiping.

Soon they were finished, "Thank you, Brandon. You didn't have too." Camirra whispered.

"Can you really tell my brother and me apart?" He asked.

Camirra nodded, "You have the most amazing eyes. They are captivating, Brandon. Your brother's eyes are simply brown." She blushed.

Brandon laughed, "Well, Camirra, you have the most amazing smile. I hope to see it more often."

Rory came down and the two stepped away from each other. "Camirra, are you ready to go?" She asked.

Camirra smiled and answered, "Of course." Rory kissed her boyfriend good night, as Camirra simply looked at his brother.

~~~~~~THE END OF CHAPTER TWO~~~~~

Well I certainly enjoyed chapter two. Please share your thoughts. Chapter 3 will be submitted shortly.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,293 Followers