Jack And Dianne

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Of course Janice and Jack talked while they worked. He found out she had a two year degree in Farm Management. She had grown up on her parent's small farm in eastern Missouri. All she had ever wanted to do was farm but she had two brothers who were planning to operate the family farm and there was no room for her. She had given up on finding a husband in her small town and agreed to come help her Uncle and Aunt when she found out they needed her.

In spite of the weather this was one of the most profitable years Gregg and Bettie had recently enjoyed. They put the credit on Jack and Janice. In the hottest part of the summer Jack showed Janice his small cabin and the deep swimming hole beside it. He was embarrassed by his home but Janice just ignored his embarrassment. She saw it was neat and clean if small. Jack had found enough money that summer to add on a small bathroom so he could have a water heater and in door toilet and bath. He had left a spot in the original building for the door into it so the room only cost about $4000.00. His small home was now a total of 440 square feet with the 10X12 bathroom addition. It had cost a total of $7480.00 to build.

Janice fell in love with the swimming hole. Every evening after they finished the chores she rode home with Jack and they would swim. She would then ride a small bicycle home through the fields. Jack still used the mill pond/swimming hole for his bath but he did wait until Janice went home to do so.

Gregg was not doing well at all. He got to where he could move around the house but never regained the ability to help outside. Janice and Jack were almost as worried about him as was Bettie. August was once again one of the hottest months on record. Gregg and Bettie were like many of the older generation farmers in the area and did not have air conditioning. One night just before Jack went to bed he heard a tractor roar into his yard and then almost immediately a banging on his door. When he opened the door Janice stood there crying. She threw herself into his arms and said, "Oh Jack, Gregg had another stroke. They just now took him to the hospital. Bettie rode with him but I need to go too. I'm afraid this one was bad and she needs someone with her. Will you go with me please?"

Jack quickly grabbed his billfold and keys from the table. He walked out of the building and grabbed Janice's hand. He pulled her to his truck and they took off down his still rough trail toward the road. Janice was sniffling in the passenger seat. Occasionally she would wipe her tears off with her fingers.

About halfway to town Janice turned to Jack and said, "Jack I tried to call you but you didn't answer. I was afraid you were gone." Jack frowned and pulled his phone from his pocket. When he looked at it he saw it had completely run the battery down. He grimaced.

"I'm sorry Janice. I don't use the phone much and I guess I let the battery run down. Open the glove box please and get the charger out for me. I need to charge it."

By the time they got to the hospital it was already too late. Gregg had died in the ambulance. Bettie was sitting in the emergency room holding his hand crying. A nurse was trying to console her. When she saw Janice and Jack come into the room she stood and moved quickly to them. Janice wrapped her in her arms and said, "I'm sorry Aunt Bettie. I really loved Uncle Gregg."

Janice turned to the nurse and asked, "Is there anything else we need to do here tonight?" When the nurse shook her head no Janice turned back to Bettie and said, "Come on now Aunt Bettie. Let's get you home."

Bettie was never the same after Gregg died. She had never been very talkative but now she was more morose, never smiled and only spoke when forced to do so. She went through life as if it was a chore. Janice and Jack never saw her happy again. No matter what they did or tried to do to cheer her up she remained the same—quiet, almost as if she was just waiting to die. It was as if Bettie died with Gregg and her body just went through the motions of living without her soul. She didn't eat well and it was a battle to get her to take interest in life at all. She just sat and stared into space much of the day while Janice and Jack worked the farm. Bettie had been a wonderful cook before Gregg died. Now, the few times she even tried to cook a meal it came out almost inedible. During the coldest part of February Bettie got the flu. She refused to go to the doctor for it. Finally she became so weak she could hardly walk from the chair she used in her bedroom to the bathroom. Finally Jack had enough and picked her up and forcibly carried her to his truck and took her to the emergency room.

When he carried her into the room she was weak and lifeless. The nurse took one look at her and didn't even let Jack begin the admitting process. She led him straight to an emergency cubical and brought the doctor. They examined her and immediately began a solution of IV fluids to rehydrate her. Bettie hung on for almost another week before she too died. Jack and Janice held each other and cried once more for Janice's Aunt and Jack's friend.

Ten days after Bettie's funeral Jack and Janice each got a letter from an attorney. The letter said they had both been given a portion of the farm and estate. Sometime before his stroke Gregg and Bettie had put Jack and Janice on the deed and title to everything they owned as a couple or individually. It was a Transfer on Death which meant the estate did not even have to be probated. With that type of title ownership passed immediately upon death to the people who were listed TOD.

Jack was given the half of the farm that bounded his land; Janice was given the half with the house and buildings on it. They were given ownership of all the animals and equipment 50/50. Jack and Janice now owned 160 acres each of the Hill's old farm. The attorney was hired to make the final property splits and settle any bills the Hill's had before the bank accounts were distributed.

The way the instructions were worded all the cattle and equipment was owned jointly. The attorney admitted since there was no title involved with much of that part of the inheritance they could either divide the property equitably themselves or jointly use it as they saw fit. That evening Jack and Janice returned to what was now her home and talked about their inheritance while they prepared and ate supper.

After the meal they went into the living room and sat around the old wood stove. For some time each seemed to be lost in thought. As the saying goes, the silence was deafening. Finally Jack spoke. "Janice I don't know what to do about things now. When I moved back home here all I wanted to do was just exist. For the first two years I was almost a hermit. Gregg got me the part time job at the store, then he and the Fielding's began getting me socially involved with the community. Then, when Gregg had his stroke I began helping Bettie here on the place. Ever since I have moved back here I have just fallen into things and gone with the flow. I have no plan for life and, really no desire to change the way things are going.

"I suppose what I'm saying is I'm happy with the way we're doing things and unless you see a reason to change them we can just go on as we were before Bettie died. We can split everything down the middle instead of the way we were before. I always felt guilty taking 25% like Gregg and Bettie demanded."

Janice sat thinking for a moment then said, "No Jack I don't think that is fair. We need to split everything 60/40. You own more land than I do and it's only fair you have the larger share. Besides you have to do the heavier work."

The two argued back and forth for some time before arriving at an agreement on splitting costs and profits. Jack argued since Janice's part of the farm had the buildings it was worth more so should garner her a higher percentage of profits. Finally they decided on a 55/45 split in Jack's favor. They then began planning for spring planting. A lot of the tillable land was in wheat but there were still several acres to either put corn or soy beans in.

The next few months were busy. The hours he was not working at the store Jack spent working on the farm. He and Janice prepared a plan for improving the fences, cleaning the fields of brush and smoothing out ditches to gain more tillable land or pasture. They also planned for repairs and updates on the buildings.

The partners decided to increase the size of their garden and sell produce. They also repaired an old broiler house and ordered a large number of baby chicks. They intended to eat many of them themselves but they also wanted to raise some for laying hens and sell some dressed. They became so busy they were only getting five or six hours of sleep some nights.

One day at lunch Janice was crying softly when Jack came into the kitchen for his meal. When she saw Jack she quickly wiped her face and tried to smile. She began placing bowls of food on the table and told Jack to sit down. Instead of sitting he walked up to her and pulled her into his arms. He hugged her to his chest. At first she resisted then seemed to just melt into his embrace.

"What's wrong Janice? Are you still upset because of all the work that's piling up on us? We're almost through the worst of it. Next year we'll just have to cut back a little."

Janice shook her head no and said, "It's not that. My cousin Betsy called a few minutes ago. Uncle Alton and Aunt Nettie were killed in an accident early this morning on the way to town. I have to go back home for the funeral. Can you handle things for a week or so while I'm gone? I know it's not fair to you but she really needs me right now."

"Sure honey. Take all the time you need. I can handle things. I may get a little behind but we can catch up later if I do. She's family and she needs you. Do you want me to take you to the airport?"

"No. I think I'll drive. It's only about five hours and the way flying is it would take that long to drive to and from the airports and make the flight. Thank you though." Janice gave Jack a hug and to his surprise a gentle kiss on the lips before she pushed away and took her seat at the table.

Jack was out in the field working when Janice left. Late that evening he went into the house and found a note on the counter where he could not miss it. "Jack. Thank you so much for your understanding. There's leftovers in the fridge. I'm sorry I didn't have time to cook up more for you to eat. I don't know when I'll be back but I'll try to make it a week or less. I'm going to miss you so much. Love, Janice."

Jack stood bemused. He was thinking about her statement about missing him so much and the way Janice signed the note. 'Love?' Finally Jack decided she hadn't meant anything by that and began heating his meal. He was so tired he decided to stay in the house. On his way back from work the next day he went by his cabin and took most of his clothes to Janice's home so he could stay there until she returned.

Janice was gone ten days. Jack was outside working the evening she got back home. He felt himself smile when he came into the barn lot and saw the lights on in the kitchen. He was strangely surprised at the flood of happiness he felt when he realized Janice was finally back home.

When he opened the kitchen door he saw Janice working at the sink preparing supper. He quickly walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her resting his hands on her belly. He bent and whispered in her ear, "God I'm so glad you're back."

Jack was slightly hurt when Janice gave out a little squeak and stood stiffly in his arms. He stepped back and began to stammer, "Janice, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have grabbed you like that."

Janice began to turn from the sink, and then Jack heard a peal of laughter coming from the doorway into the den. He turned and saw Janice standing there with a large smile on her face. He turned back to the woman now facing him at the sink. He felt his face blush and he stammered once more, "I'm sorry. I thought you were Janice." He stood in shock at how much alike the two women looked.

Janice finally stopped laughing and walked up to Jack. She wrapped her arm around his waist and said, "Jack this is my cousin Betsy. I'm sorry I didn't tell you she was coming home with me. Her parents had been living in a retirement community for people age 55 and older. She can't live there any longer since she is too young. She had had quit her job to care for them and needs someplace to stay now. Since we needed an extra pair of hands and I had the room I convinced her to come back here until she decides what she wants to do next."

The two women and Jack settled into a great working relationship. Betsy turned out to be just what they needed. To Jack's surprise she was just like Janice. She had grown up on a farm and knew how to do much of the work. They both were able to help with the field work and they completely took over the yard, garden and other barnyard chores. Jack did the heaviest work, most of the field work and many of the repairs. Their relationship deepened, matured, and grew as time progressed. They became more than partners over the course of the next several months.

The farm prospered beyond their wildest dreams. They sold all the produce they had excess to needs and to their surprise they received requests for items they had not grown. The three decided the next year they would expand their little garden and sell more produce and more varieties of produce.

The small house on the farm had only two bedrooms so Jack began returning to his cabin nights since Betsy and Janice each had a room of their own. Jack missed staying on the farm but the old couch was so uncomfortable he very rarely slept on it.

Over the course of the summer and fall Jack became more relaxed around the women. It seemed any time they were within reach one of the women would reach out and touch Jack or he would touch them. Jack realized he was even happier than he had been before Bettie died. He looked forward each day to getting back to the farm so he could see Janice and Betsy. He found himself looking for reasons to stay longer and get there earlier. He lingered over his meals to visit with the women. The women on the other hand seemed to take every opportunity to come to where ever he was working. Many times the reason they came was weak and they seemed to stay longer than the reason would justify.

Many times before they would part one of them would lean into Jack and rub her breasts on him, many times they would give him a gentle kiss before they left. Jack enjoyed those moments. He found himself looking at their trim little asses in their tight clothes. It seemed, unless they were doing heavy work that the ladies didn't wear bras and their tops were loose. They were so enticing.

Evenings when the work was done Jack found himself sitting in the yard visiting with the women. Many hot evenings and the few Sunday's Jack and the women didn't have to work the three spent time at Jack's little cabin enjoying the swimming hole with him. On those days they used his grill and had BBQ beside the stream.

One hot summer afternoon Jake and the women were working the cattle. It was late and all were exhausted but they had to finish before dark. The next morning Jake was taking a load of yearlings to market. They were also sorting out the weaning age calves and worming and delousing everything. For some reason this time almost all the animals were flighty, rambunctious. Normally their herd was calm and easy to work. Between the yearlings being scared and Jake's exhaustion the inevitable happened. He was easing a large steer into the squeeze chute when he quickly turned to try once more to escape. This time nothing Jake or the women could do would turn him. Jake was tired enough he couldn't move fast enough to get out of the way. The almost 900 pound steer slammed into Jake knocking him up against the fence. As Jake was falling the steer kicked and caught Jake on the thigh.

Jake screamed as he fell, his arms scrabbling to hold onto the fence to keep from falling under the feet of the running calves. He partially succeeded, ending up pushed against the fence sitting in the dusty barnyard. Both women ignored the cattle and rushed to Jake's side. They quickly checked him over and finding nothing except some scrapes and torn clothing helped him to his feet. It was all Jake could do to move he hurt so badly. Slowly, very slowly, they completed their task, the women now taking the more dangerous position forcing the cattle into the chute.

Thirty minutes after the accident the job was completed. All the remaining cattle had been doctored and the ones they were selling had been moved into a separate small corral for the night to be loaded into their trailer the next morning for their trip to market.

By this time Jake could hardly walk. It took both women to support him and get him into the house. Janice wanted to take him to the emergency room but Jake insisted they not do that. He hobbled into her bathroom and managed to get into a tub of hot water to soak. He felt a little better when he got out. He hobbled into the living room and they packed his leg in ice. The women brought his supper into the room and they all ate together in the living room. Shortly after the meal Jake tried to get up and go home. He couldn't even walk without dragging his leg.

When Janice saw the trouble Jake had walking she grabbed one arm and Betsy the other. The two women gently guided Jake down the small hallway and into Janice's bedroom. He protested all the way but they ignored him. They gently pushed him onto Janice's bed and covered him. It took less than five minutes for him to drop off to sleep.

The next morning Jack woke up at his normal time. At first he was disoriented, the room seemed wrong and there was a large lump in his bed beside him. He tried to move and groaned with pain from his injuries of the day before. When he moved the lump moaned, then moved. He realized he was in Janice's room about the same time she rose on one elbow and looked over at him. She was beautiful. Her sleep tousled hair framed her happy face. Even the concern he could see on her face didn't detract from her beauty. When she moved the covers slid further down until they rested in her lap. Jack could see a faint darker spot through her thin gown where her areola and nipples pressed against the fabric. As he watched her breasts moved unfettered under her clothes. Her nipples began to elongate and harden. She had a slight blush when she realized where his eyes were focused.

"Jack I'm sorry if my being here embarrasses you. I tried to sleep on that damn couch and I just couldn't do it. My God I don't know how you manage to sleep there. I've never slept anywhere as uncomfortable as that thing is. The floor would have been better." She looked carefully at his face then asked, "How are you feeling this morning? You look like hell."

Jack tried to roll over and sit on the edge of the bed. His first attempt failed and he groaned. He forced himself to carefully swing his feet out of the bed and levered himself to an upright position. He grimaced and said, "I feel like hell. I don't think there's any place on my body that doesn't hurt. I'm not sure I can load and haul the calves to the auction today. I guess you and Betsy need to go let them back out into the pasture and we'll get them up and take them to town in a week or so."

Janice jumped from her side of the bed and went into the bathroom. Jack could hear her piss as it hit the water in the toilet. After she finished and washed her hands she came back into the room with a glass of water and three ibuprofen. They were still talking and Jack was trying to stand with Janice's help when they heard Betsy rummaging around in the kitchen. Shortly they could smell the coffee and bacon frying.