Jim and Cheryl Ch. 02

Story Info
Jim plans how he will dump his wife and end his marriage.
6.7k words
4.49
101.8k
104

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/03/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Two - The Plan

***

NOTE FROM AUTHOR: This is chapter two of a four-chapter story. It really does make a lot more sense if you read the chapters in order. As a word of caution, this story involves a wife who cheats on her husband in an outrageous way. He is not a willing cuckold and so plans how to get some revenge on her and her boss. If this sort of story offends you it would be best for you to move on to other stories available on Literotica.

********************

With the email containing video evidence tucked away in my phone I returned to my office at Barnstrow Incorporated. Once there, I opened my laptop and duplicated a copy of the video from my email account onto my hard drive and then copied it again into my iCloud account. Then I copied it onto two different thumb drives. One for my attorney and the other to keep in my desk at home. I titled it, "The End".

I now had five copies downloaded and saved. Being a corporate attorney doesn't give me a whole lot of knowledge in civil law but I had plenty of contacts and I knew the toughest, meanest, divorce attorney in the state. Her offices were in a building in just down the street from ours. She graduated with me from law school so we had kept in touch off and on over the years. Just friendship of course, nothing more.

My legal friend and I were both married and loved our spouses all these years since graduation. Unfortunately, three years ago her husband was killed in a traffic accident when a drunk driver veered across the center line and directly into the front of his BMW. I gave her a call on her private line asking if I could see her right away. She briefly talked with her receptionist and I had an appointment for 2:00pm. Just a little over an hour from the time I called.

Next, I called my investment broker and instructed him to immediately take Cheryl's name off of all my investment accounts. He rightly told me he could get the forms filled out but I would need to come to the office to sign them in person so they could be notarized. I told him I would be there between 4:00-5:00pm that afternoon.

All but one of our 401K accounts had been set up solely in my name long before Cheryl and I were married. Once married I had her name added into our contact information but the accounts themselves were always in my name only as opposed to joint tenancy. I'm not sure why I did that at the time but now I'm sure glad I did. The way they were set up, I could remove Cheryl's name without her permission or knowledge.

I notified HR telling them to remove Cheryl from my retirement account as well as my emergency contact information. Not knowing off hand who else to put in that space, I gave them my sisters contact information. Now I just had enough time to stop by our bank which conveniently took up the entire ground floor of our building. All I had to do was take the elevator downstairs and presto, there I was in front of the entrance to our bank. I needed to transfer some funds around.

I transferred all but $5,000 from the checking account to our savings account. Then I transferred half of the new savings balance into a personal brokerage account I had opened years ago. That account was at a different bank and only in my name with my office address as opposed to our home address. Previously I had only used it as a pass-through account for certain investment transactions. For that reason, it typically only had the minimum $100 required to keep the account active. Now that account was going to start seeing a lot more activity. A whole lot more!

I arrived at the office of Milliken, Thompson and Shane just a few minutes before my 2:00 appointment with Janice Thompson. The receptionist showed me right in and Jan stood to greet me. "Hello Jim, this sounded really important. I hope it's not bad news."

"Well Jan, I don't see how it could be any worse."

Sitting down I told her the story much the same as I've just told it to you readers. Then I gave her the thumb drive with the complete video downloaded on it. I mentioned some highlights such as the entire thing taking place in her boss Ted Grantham's office. I played the part of the video where he instructed her to service the customers with sexual favors. I knew that would be important information for a lawyer to hear.

I then skipped forward to the place where Cheryl and Bill were talking and they both affirmed that they had been doing this for the past four years. I related the things that Bill Richards had said regarding more than twenty customers he knew of that were getting special benefits from Ted Grantham and company at my wife's expense. Hell, come to think of it, this wasn't at my wife's expense, she appeared to be having a ball. This whole disaster was at MY expense!

Of course, in the process Jan saw a great deal of the video as well. She sat back in her chair and said: "I'm so sorry Jim. I can't believe that Cheryl would ever do such a thing. I don't know her all that well but I can assure you this is the last thing I would ever have expected from her."

What could I say except; "Me too."

Jan sat back and asked: "So is there any chance of you working this out with her?"

"You saw the video and heard the things that Bill told me about her 'activities'. There is no way in hell that I would ever even consider keeping her as my wife. This has been blatant and continual deception for more than four years. I don't even know how many men she has fucked in the last four years but I know that Ted Grantham has been tagging her several times a week."

I was fuming but continued on; "Now that I've had time to think about it more things have come to mind. Several times the two of them have gone on week-long conference or sales trips all over the country. I'll just bet if we did a little digging we wouldn't be able to find more than a hand full of them that were legitimate. Old man Simpson is going to have a cow when he finds out what his sales manager has been doing on company property and at company expense."

"OK" Jan said, "So from your statements I assume you want to proceed with a petition for divorce is that correct?"

"Absolutely Jan, and the sooner the better. How fast can you have papers ready to be served?"

"Well, for anyone else it would take a couple of weeks but for you I can have them ready by tomorrow afternoon about this same time. But I need to ask you, how mean do you want me to be as your attorney?"

"I'm done with her Jan, if it weren't illegal I would literally burn the bitch but since I can't do that physically, let's take her to the cleaners both financially and emotionally."

"I can do that" Jan replied, "But you might want to modify your attitude just a bit since you still have minor children at home."

"You're right Jan. I just found out about this whole thing late this morning and I've been so angry I can't see straight."

"I can handle this any way you want me to Jim. I can get everything ready for you to pick up by tomorrow as I mentioned. The problem is, with a rush job, it's very possible, no take that back, it's very probable that we might neglect to consider all the ramifications. Is there any way that you can survive in your marriage for another week or so? A full week would allow us the time to really do this right?"

"Well", I replied, "Cheryl is leaving on Friday for another week-long trade show in Manhattan Beach, California. But this is only Tuesday and I don't know if I can stand being in the same house with her for the next three days."

Jan paused to think a moment and then said: "You're the attorney for Barnstrow Incorporated which is a major corporation. Can't you find an emergency in one of the field offices that require you to be gone until Friday afternoon? You don't really need to go anywhere but just use that as a cover and find a nice little boutique hotel across town. You can try to relax for a couple of days while I start getting the groundwork done."

"By golly Jan, that could work. I'll head back to the office and make arrangements to take the next two weeks off and I think I know the perfect little place to rest and hide out for a few days."

Jan told me that was a much better plan than trying to rush everything in 24 hours. We already had each other's cell numbers and both promised to keep in touch daily. Just as I stood up to leave, Jan took both of my hands in hers and again said: "I really am sorry you have to go through all this Jim."

Then looking me in the eye she went on, "I think you know that I have always admired you from a distance. I just want you to know that I am here for you whenever you need legal advice. I also want to make myself available just as a friend and good listener."

Unexpectedly she got up on her tiptoes and planted a loving kiss on my cheek.

Then in her best Columbo imitation Jan said: "Just one more thing sir." Her eyes were smiling when she asked: "Is there anyone at Cheryl's office that you trust enough to ask some questions without raising too much suspicion?"

I thought about it for a minute and then it dawned on me; "Yeah there is one salesman who was there before Ted was hired. He was hoping to be promoted to that position before Ted came on the scene. Everyone in the office knows that it's pretty obvious that he really despises his asshole of a sales manager. I think he may even know something about these 'special sales incentives' that Ted offers certain customers. His name is Robert and I know personally that Ted has 'stolen' at least two of his customers from him by offering 'special benefits' to the buyers. That has cost Robert not only several big commissions but it has caused him to lose face within the company as well. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you know that once your divorce is underway, we are going to go after Ted Grantham and Simpson Technologies in a big way, don't you?"

"Yeah I was hoping we would."

"I'm glad to hear that Jim, because not only are you going to get a cash settlement that is over seven figures but we're going to make sure Ted is kicked out on his ass big time. With any luck on our part, hopefully he will be headed to prison for embezzlement as well. For starters ask Robert about the trade show in Manhattan Beach. Ask him to find out if it's a big event and where it is going to be held. You might also ask him why he wasn't invited to attend."

With a questioning look I asked, "Why? Do you suspect something is amiss?"

My beautiful lawyer responded: "I'm fairly certain something is amiss and if he is charging this trip to his expense account this might just be the tip of the iceberg. You see, I grew up in Manhattan Beach. It's a small little beach town. Beautiful to be sure but as far as I know there is only one place where conferences of any size are held and it certainly isn't big enough for a technology trade show."

She went on; "You get the information from Robert and in the meantime, I'll have my paralegals check on every venue within fifty miles of Manhattan Beach. We're going to see if there are any technology trade shows scheduled for next week. I'm thinking that Mr. Grantham and your devoted wife are off to a little beach vacation at the company's expense. If that's true, you can be sure that we're going to start digging clear back to the time Ted Grantham started working for Simpson Technologies."

A huge grin was plastered on my face as this time it was my turn to give Jan one more kiss on the cheek and then headed for the door. I realized that this is the first time I had smiled all day which is unusual for me. I'm normally a pretty happy go lucky guy. Maybe some parts of this divorce thing might turn out fun after all.

Back at the office I had my secretary reschedule any appointments or meetings that were on my calendar for the next two weeks. That wasn't much of a problem since this is a slow time of year for my department. Mostly we were working on long term projects and my staff would easily keep them going strong in my absence. I really do have a great staff and for that I am very grateful.

I touched base with the VP over our division and he had no problem whatever with me taking off the next two weeks. Hell, I have over eight weeks' vacation on the books because it just keeps accruing. I went home and packed a few items I might need for a few days and left a note for Cheryl just in case I didn't get through to her by phone. After all, I now know how "busy" her afternoons can be at the office providing special benefits for customers. I hopped back into my Targa and headed off to my investment brokers to sign the necessary documents. By 5:15 I was at the front desk of the Thielson Spa and Resort checking in.

Once in my room I made the dreaded call to Cheryl. It was dreaded not because I was telling her I would be out of town for a few days but it was dreaded because I didn't even want to talk to her. But, I put on my best acting voice and surprise, surprise, she answered the phone. Actually, she was in the car heading to pick up the kids, so, using her hands-free feature she sounded all bubbly and happy answering: "Hi honey, I'm on my way to pick up the kids, how was your day?"

Oh brother, she could have asked any other question but that. None the less I used my best Yiddish accent and replied; "Oy vey what a day I've had today."

"Oh, I'm sorry you've had a rough day baby, you just come on home and I'll make you feel real good. I'll even fix your favorite dinner and then we'll go to bed early. I have some new tricks I would like to show you."

Yeah, I bet she does but there is no way I'm ever going to be one of her tricks again. I tried to sound sad and tired when I said: "Sorry babe, that just isn't going to happen. We had an emergency come up at our facility in Ohio and I need to be out of town until Monday. I came to the house earlier, packed my bag and have already checked into the hotel."

I was a little surprised that she actually sounded sad when she said; "Oh poor baby. And here I was so looking forward to spending some time with you before I have to leave for my trade show in Southern California on Friday."

"Yeah, me too" I lied. Then I went on: "About the kids, do you think you could make arrangements for my folks to have them all week and even through the following weekend?"

I knew that my parents would love to have the kids. Fortunately, they live within walking distance to the kids' school so it wouldn't disrupt their schedule. Cheryl responded; "I'm sure that would work out but you know I will be getting home from California on Saturday afternoon, shouldn't we have them bring the kids home then?"

"No baby," I replied, "I was hoping we could have a little 'us' time to ourselves on Saturday night without the kids being around."

"Oh, you naughty boy, now I get your drift. OK I'll have them stay till Sunday night."

"Thanks babe, I'm really going to be tied up with this problem I'm working through this next week. So, I'm not sure I'll be able to call you every night but lets' touch base somewhere in the middle of the week."

"OK honey, hope everything works out the way you want it to."

"Yeah, me too." Of course little did she know that what I was hoping for was that she would be worked out of my life once and for all.

She said "Love Ya", before hanging up.

I couldn't bring myself to say it back to her so I just said; "OK Babe, I'll see you at the end of next week."

The dreaded call was over and I hung up. I pressed the end button on my cell phone. For some reason, it just then dawned on me that I had just pressed the "end" button on my marriage of sixteen years.

For the first time since this whole mess came to light that very same morning, ... I cried.

The spa has its own in-house restaurant which is quite nice. I guess you could call it elegant casual. I'm not much of a drinker but that first night I ordered a whole bottle of wine with my dinner. Sitting at a table for one I was surprised when it dawned on me that two hours had passed and that I drank the whole thing.

The next three days were actually kind of relaxing in their own weird sort of way. I was so glad that Jan had suggested that I find some place to get away from it all. Here at the spa resort there were only fifty rooms with beautiful grounds. Two swimming pools, both heated. Even though they were heated, one was set up for lap swimming and the water was just a bit cooler. The other was a grotto type pool with lots of greenery and sunning decks nestled all around. There were four little grotto's in the pool that were very secluded and obviously set up for couples in love.

Of course, this is the kind of place a guy would like to take his wife or lover but now I realized that I had neither. My days and nights were spent with me thinking a lot and having all the expected questions with no answers. "Why had Cheryl done this?" "Wasn't I man enough for her?" "Did she ever feel even a little bit guilty?" "Did I miss doing something?" "Did I ever eat another man's cum out of her pussy?" "Did I ever French kiss her right after she had been sucking on some other guy's ass hole?" "Who was this woman?" "What will she be doing with that bastard Ted all next week?" "Do I still love her?" "Does she still love me?" "Has she ever really loved me?" "Do I want her back?" "What's going to happen next?" "How do we tell the kids?" "What do we tell the kids? And how much do we tell our parents?"

Well you get the drift. They were all the same sort of questions you would be asking if you were in the same situation. Most of them had no answers but there were a couple that I knew the answer to already: "Do I still love her?" the answer is "NO!". Just looking at that video killed any love I had ever felt for her. My love is gone, kaput, over, finished, dead!

Then there was that other similar question; "Does she still love me?" The answer to that one is a bit more complicated. I'm sure she will say that she does but her actions prove the opposite. Love respects the other person and her actions for the past four years show anything but respect. She might love the security and lifestyle that I can provide for her but if she tries to say that she still loves me she will simply prove herself to be a lying bitch as well as a whore.

The other question I knew the answer to was; "Do I want her back?" The answer to that one is an unequivocal, "Absolutely Not!" The rest of the questions will have to get their answers either later or never at all.

Thursday I spent a great deal of the time at my laptop as I copied and emailed a ton of financial data to Jan. She needed to know everything about the house, cars, bank accounts, investment accounts, retirement accounts and even the duplex we invested in about ten years ago. We had totally remodeled the duplex and were enjoying the rental income from it. I could tell that this woman was going to be thorough with everything she handled for me.

The duplex had been purchased only in my name so I was hoping that Cheryl would have no claim on it. I talked it over with Jan and she informed me that since Cheryl and I both put sweat equity into the remodel and since she was the one who physically collected the rent and made the deposits, the courts would view it as community property to be divided equally.

I also had heard back from Robert that no one at Simpson knew anything about any trade show. All they knew is that Grantham had signed out on a west coast sales trip and he needed to take his personal assistant to handle the paper work and any research that needed to be done.

Jan said she had some connections with private investigators in the LA area. They would be able to check up on all the 'sales work' that was going to be taking place on the beach. She asked if I could provide her with a physical description of Ted Grantham that she could forward to her PI's in LA. Better than just a description, I told her that I was sure I could find a photo of both Cheryl and Ted. I knew we took a bunch of pictures at their company picnic last summer. She also asked me to find out where they were staying, I told her I would.

12