Life on Another Planet Ch. 10-13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It took Mica two seconds to spot the new machine and he ran directly to it.

"Oh boy, Mom. Look at this," he yelled as he climbed onto the flat trailer, then the saddle.

"Yes, Mica, I see it," she said, resigned to the fact there wouldn't be a moment's peace until her father took Mica for a ride on the unit.

"Lunch first, Mica," she announced. "Grampa will decide when you can get a ride."

"I can't wait," the boy said gleefully, running his hand over the smooth front of the snowmobile.

Once again, it was a device Jesse was only vaguely familiar with ... and then only recently. He chuckled at the delight and enthusiasm of Mica. It was just the kind of thing that any kid would love to ride ... himself included.

Gregor promised to take Mica for a ride on the new snowmobile after lunch and laughed at the boy's happy enthusiasm for what was to come. Apparently, there was an area set aside for snowmobiles west of the town and they could ride there safely. They were not permitted as vehicles in the town, with the possible exception of when there was a heavy snowfall and automobiles couldn't get around. Even then, it wouldn't be for joy riding.

Jesse, Eve, and Sabina decided to ski for the afternoon, and left just as Gregor and Mica hitched the trailer to the Toyota and headed for the recreation area. The snow had stopped temporarily, and Eve had no problem navigating the road to the gondola station. Jesse had never ridden in one before and the view, what there was of it, was amazing. He wondered what it would be like on a sunny day. Ahead, he could see dozens of ski trails, most of them lightly populated. He also wondered just what kind of terrain Eve and Sabina would choose. His instinct for speed and thrills would have to be contained until he got used to his new skis and boots.

It took Jesse no time at all to master the skis. As he guessed, they were much more responsive to turns and yet still very fast. It wasn't long before he ventured off to steeper, longer runs and tested his nerve and new equipment a little more aggressively. He returned to the ladies with a big smile on his face after three very fast downhill runs.

"These skis are amazing ... and the boots. I feel so locked onto the skis and it's so easy to turn quickly. It's a real thrill to feel that much in control," he gushed.

"Take it easy," Eve warned. "Don't get overconfident. Watch out for other skiers who aren't as skilled as you."

"Yeah ... I noticed. I wondered what they were doing on those steeper hills. But ... I got passed more than once by some real hot-doggers. They were looking for places to jump and do tricks. Some of them were girls, too."

"Did you see any sign of Kirsten or Anika?" Eve asked.

"No ... but to tell the truth, I wasn't looking. I was having too much fun just skiing.

"Well, I think that's enough for the afternoon, Jesse. It's getting dark already, so we should head back to the lodge so Mom and I can start getting dinner ready."

"Sure. Thanks for including me this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to getting some serious skiing in this week," Jesse smiled.

To Be Continued