Lonely

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We went into the bedroom and continued on with our sexual appetites. The one thing about Carly that no one can ever deny is that she is a sexually charged woman. When it comes to sex, there's nothing that she is not willing to try. For an old guy like me it was something I could wish that every man could be with a woman like Carly at least one time in their life.

Carly and I were married within a week. Sheila and John were our witnesses. Even though Sheila was against the marriage, she did tell me she would always be there for me. She was one great daughter who took so much after her mother.

After the marriage Carly and I still had sex most all the time but at other times her personality changed. She was short with me more often. She wanted more clothes and didn't like to cook. It was a side of Carly that was very childish. Her cooking was no more than taking out a frozen meal of some kind and warming it up. It got to a point that I was doing most of the cooking when I was home or we went out to eat. Even then it was burgers or pizza. If I wanted a good home cooked meal, I had to go to Barb and Bill's or go visit Sheila.

I didn't know whether to blame it all on the pregnancy or was it the real Carly coming out. More and more I could remember Barb saying the marriage was a mistake.

I was glad to be spending so much time on the road. Whenever I came home we had sex which was always good but our family life outside of that wasn't all that great. I was beginning to think I made a mistake in getting married but I was going to do everything in my power to try and make it work.

One evening I got a call from Bill. He asked me if I could come over and see him. He said it was very important. I got in a little argument with Carly because I was going over to see Bill. We were seeing less and less of him and Barb seeing Carly didn't care for them that much. She said something about wanting younger friends.

Bill and I were alone. "Jerry, there is something I need to tell you. Barb is the only one who knows so far. I'm dying of cancer of the colon. I went to the doctors last week and they came back with my results today. They give me one to six months to live."

"God, no! It must be a mistake. Maybe they read your results wrong. No, it can't be happening."

"I wish you were right, Jerry. I needed to tell you. Barb isn't taking it too well. She just went over to see Eric and Sandy to tell them. Jerry, I need you to be strong for my family. I know you just got married and are having a new child, but I need you to be here and help mine also. I don't want Barb and the kids to go through what you did. Barb told me about your talk with her and I don't want her to be that lonely."

"I'll be here for you till you draw your last breath, Bill. I'll always be here for Barb and the kids if there is anything they need. I'll do my best to remember our pact, to help take care of each other's family. You and Barb have been there for my kids, after Mary's death, and we'll be there for your family."

I was crying. I couldn't help it. Bill has been my best friend for as long as I could remember. We married twin sisters, for God's sake. Now his life was going to end, probably within six months. I promised him that I would be there to see him every time I was home. I did my best to keep that promise.

---------------------------------------

Our baby was born. She was a beautiful little girl with dark curly hair. Both Sheila and Barb came to the hospital and waited with me. I actually went in and helped deliver my little girl. We named her Maria. Carly liked the name since she considered it to be a Spanish name. I liked it because it sounded so much like Mary.

We took her home from the hospital and I couldn't believe how much I wanted to hold her. She was such a tiny, sweet, innocent little baby. I was so glad that I was pro life. I would have hated to think that this little person would never have had a chance at life. I loved her so much.

A couple of things that I need to tell you. Right after Carly told me she was pregnant I went and had a vasectomy. I didn't want to be responsible for the birth of any more kids. I had a DNA done at the time so I would be able to match up to Maria's. After holding this little girl, I wanted her to be mine, God, let her be my little girl.

I did get the DNA of Maria's back after about a month. It was one of the scariest days of my life when I walk in and received the results. Maria was my daughter. I cried right there in front of the doctor. He patted me on the shoulder and said, "Congratulation, Mr. Davis," I couldn't have been a happier man.

I never told Carly about either test. I wanted her to believe without a doubt about Maria being mine. I went home and hugged my little baby, put her to bed and then went and had sex with my child's mother.

A couple of things I didn't like that Carly did or should I say didn't do. She didn't want to breast-feed Maria. It bothered me because I thought it was kind of a bonding ritual between mother and daughter. Of course, I'm a guy and there wasn't much I could do about it.

The other thing was she didn't seem motherly around Maria. Sure, there were times when she seemed to nurture her but most of the times she didn't seem to pay much attention to her. Maybe it was the new generation of mothers, or maybe it was just Carly.

I started driving more on local routes so I could be home most every evening. I wanted to be there for my baby girl. I also tried to stop by and see Bill at his home most every day. The cancer was taking its toll on him. He was doing chemotherapy which is supposed to target the cancer and try to slowly kill it or at least give him a little more time. He told me that sometimes when he got home he felt worse.

Barb and his son and daughter were there all the time with him. I felt so sorry for all of them. I tried to keep a stiff upper lip but it was hard. I even brought Maria over to see him. He reminded me of our daughters when they were that age. The memories were everything for Bill. It was all he had to take with him and all that he would be leaving behind for the rest of us to cherish.

About a month later I received the fatal call. Bill was on his last breath and was in the hospital. I couldn't believe that Carly was mad that I was going out to see Bill. She thought I should stay home with her and the baby. The more and more I saw of this side of Carly, the more I disliked her.

I walked in and said goodbye to my lifelong friend. The last thing he said to me was, "Remember our pact" and his family looked at me. I was sure they all knew what it was.

After the funeral I had to get away. I decided to take a run to California that would last better than a week. Carly asked me if she could come with me. Maria was three months old and Carly thought I could take her to Texas so her family could see the baby.

It had been a year since she had seen them and I thought it might be good for her. Maybe she might be homesick and that's why she has been different lately. She talked to her family and friends all the time on the phone. I should know since I've been paying an astronomical phone bill. I finally got her an unlimited long distant cell phone for these calls. It cost a little more every month but saved me a ton of money in the long run.

I stopped by and made sure that Barb was alright, remembering our pact. I checked in with Sheila and let her know how long we would be gone and hugged my grandson. He was already four. Boy, how time flies.

As we got in the truck, Carly's mood had already seemed to change. She seemed happier. Maybe this trip was a good thing after all. We headed down the highway and I had one of my CD's in listening to some country music. It was probably my favorite other than oldies but goodies. It wasn't long before Carly put in a CD from some God knows what group. It sounded more like they were tuning their instruments rather than playing a song. I didn't want to argue so I just tuned it down some.

When I went into Texas I remembered the Earth Day people or whatever they were. It must have been the same week, but a year later. They had their signs posted everywhere. When I saw a sign that said, "Save the spotted owl," I actually was looking for one to run over. I didn't know why I let people like this get to me.

Carly gave me directions to her parents' place. It was a fairly rundown house in a not too good area. I had trouble finding a place to park my semi. After parking I grabbed the suitcases and bags of stuff for Carly and Maria and carried them up to the porch. Carly's mother came out to greet us. She didn't seem like a very friendly person. A few of Carly's siblings were there too. They seemed a bit friendlier. I introduced myself and had a cup of coffee, chatted a little bit and said my farewells. I had to head to California and make a delivery. I then had to pick-up a load in New Mexico. I told Carly that I would be back in two days. I kissed her lightly and then hugged and kissed my baby girl. I knew I was going to miss Maria, she was my pride and joy.

A couple of days later when I picked my family up, I didn't get the best welcome. It was just a weird feeling like I was somewhere that I didn't belong. No hugs, no kisses, nothing from my in-laws. Maybe it had something to do with our ages, I really didn't know. I was happy to have my little Maria back in my arms. I loaded the truck and we were off again.

Carly seemed far out there in her thoughts. I asked her if she had an enjoyable visit but about all I got was, "it was fine."

I asked her what her family thought about Maria, and she said they thought she was cute. I knew there was something wrong. So I just came out and asked Carly. "What's the problem? No person in their right mind would just say Maria is cute, especially her grandparents. What gives Carly?"

"They said I should have married a Hispanic man. They consider Maria to be of mixed blood and that I should leave you."

"You've got to be kidding. They consider us a mixed marriage? What a bunch of assholes. I don't care if they are your parents. I'm never taking Maria back there again."

I wanted to go back and strangle the people. They could hate me all they want but to talk bad about Maria was crossing the line. She never asked to be born and never hurt anyone. I would see to it that no-one ever hurt her. It was my job as a parent.

Things calmed down after that. When we got home I sat on the couch and held my daughter. She would look into my eyes and smile. She knew I was her protector.

Our marriage was strained after that. It wasn't that good to begin with. I got a call one day while I was on a short trip. It was Sheila.

"Dad, just about every time you go on a trip, Carly drops Maria off at my house. I don't mind her being here, I love the little girl, but I know there's something up with Carly. After dropping Maria off, she goes out with her girlfriends. Dad, it isn't right."

"Oh, Christ. Thanks for calling, Honey. I'll check into it. Please keep Maria at your house if Carly tries to come and get her. Ever since we got back from Texas a little over two months ago she has been acting strangely. I'm pretty sure this marriage is on the rocks. The only thing that counts now is taking care of Maria."

I hung up the phone and I was pissed. I noticed a few things missing in the house; some of the stuff left by Mary that never got put away or given away. The women of the family had already taken the keepsakes that they wanted of Mary's. If Carly wanted anything of Mary's all she had to do was ask and I would have given it to her. Now I felt she was stealing from me. What kind of woman would steal from her own husband?

I went home early one day and saw Carly getting ready to go out. I knew I surprised her since I wasn't due home that night. I told Carly we needed to talk. I asked her about going out. She told me that she got bored and that she wanted to go out with her friends. She just had lunch and went to the store and bought a few things. They were going out tonight to have a little fun. I had caught her completely by surprise.

"What's really going on, Carly? You're cheating days are over. I checked the trash and found the pregnancy test result. So, you're pregnant again. Who's the father this time?"

"You are, of course. I haven't made love to anyone but you since I met you."

"Bullshit, stop lying! We never made love. We had sex; neither of us ever put any love into it. You probably got pregnant when we went to Texas. Who was it? Carlos? Or someone else. You're not blaming this one on me. You got one hour to gather your shit and get the hell out of my house.

"I had you followed this afternoon and you can go back to the motel with Carlos and your other friends. Yes, I know you've been cheating on me; all I needed was the proof. You've provided it for me; it's in your belly."

We argued for the next hour. She started with denial and then went to it being my fault, and then when she said she was going to take Maria away from me, I started throwing her stuff out the door. I told her to find a lawyer and we would fight it out in court. I would die first, before I would let her have my little girl.

She reached for her cell phone. I knew she was calling her friends to come pick her up. She gathered her clothes and threw them in plastic bags and when her friends pulled up; she threw her stuff into the car and said she would see me in court. She wanted all the stuff that was rightfully hers.

I called John and told him what had happened. He surprised me when he said he already knew and would be by to talk with me. I remember telling him that there is no way that I was going to give up Maria. He said he understood and had it well in hand.

I was worried when we entered the judge's chamber a few days later. Most judges usually rule in favor of the mother. There is no-way I could let Carly leave with my little girl.

Chapter 4

When we entered the judge's chamber, she -- yes, we had a female judge - I saw Carly and a man that I thought might be Carlos - I saw him the one time in that parking lot - and her lawyer looking smug at me.

I looked at John for some kind of hope. "Don't worry, Jerry, everything is going to be alright," remarked John.

I remember Sheila telling me that John was one of the best divorce lawyers in the area. I was sure hoping that she wasn't just complimenting him because he was her husband and that he really was good.

The judge began her proceedings by asking if everyone was present. John told her that he had another witness that would be there shortly but we could go ahead and get started.

"Let's see," said the judge. "We have a custody battle over a six month old baby girl named Maria. We also have a problem with the wife being pregnant again. The husband says that the child is not his so there won't be a problem of custody but the wife is asking for child support for both the daughter and the future child. And, last we have a division of assets to consider as well as who keeps up the medical payments during this pregnancy. Does this pretty much cover it, counselors?"

Both sides nodded in agreement. "Well, let's begin with custody of Maria."

It needs to be noted: From this point on I have taken a few liberties in some of the conversation in the courtroom. It was hard trying to remember everything that was said by both parties. So, this is somewhat of a synopsis of what was said.

John stood up. "John Bryant for the defense, Your Honor. I have a witness in the lobby who is willing to testify on behalf of my client, Mr. Davis. Linda DeMarco has spoken to the plaintiff many times about her marriage. May I bring her in, Judge?"

After a nod from the judge, John brought in a nice looking Hispanic woman maybe in her early twenties. I'd never seen this woman before and wondered where John had met her. I looked over at Carly and she was astonished to see this Linda woman come in. She yelled out, "Linda, how could you sell me out? I thought you were my friend. I told you those things in private."

"Please be quiet, Mrs. Davis. This is my court and I'll let you know when you can speak. Ms. De Marco, what can you tell us about this child, Maria, that we don't already know?" asked the judge.

"Your Honor, Carly - that's Mrs. Davis - told me that she didn't even know who the father was. She said that she told her husband it was his and she also told her boyfriend Carlos, that's the man sitting with her that it was his child."

"Let's stop right there for a moment," said the judge. "I think we better know who the father is before we can even decide custody. Mrs. Davis, who do you think the father is? Mind you if you don't think it's Mr. Davis then he would not have to pay you child support, and of course Mr. Davis, if it's not your daughter, I can hardly give you custody."

Carly looked dumbfounded. On one hand she wanted the money for support if she got custody, but on the other she could lose her boyfriend. He probably wouldn't accept another man's baby. Especially after he was told it was his.

John stood up. "Your Honor, if I may speak. My client, Mr. Davis, had a DNA done shortly after the baby's birth. Here are the test results that prove that he is Maria's biological father." John handed the document to the bailiff.

The judge spoke. "Well, that helps with child number one, but how can you prove that child number two isn't his also?"

"Your Honor, Mr. Davis also had a vasectomy done right after he found out Carly was pregnant the first time. He never said anything to her about it. Of course he wasn't married to her at the time so he didn't legally need to tell her. So, Your Honor, it proves that she had an affair to have gotten pregnant a second time. Ms. De Marco is here to tell you that she was told by Mrs. Davis that the baby was conceived through an affair." John passed my test results to the bailiff.

"What do you have to say about these allegations, Mrs Davis? It appears you never told your lawyer about these allegations."

I remember the attorney for Carly standing up. "Judge, I'm James McCoy for the plaintiff. Mrs. Davis said that it was a one-time affair. She didn't mean to get pregnant. Besides, we'll agree that he isn't the father of the unborn child. We just want custody of Mrs. Davis's daughter."

"Mr. McCoy, we don't need a lot of lawyer talk here. What I want is facts so I can make the right decision for the well-being of this child. Where would your client live and what would she be doing for work if she were to receive custody of this child?"

"She wants to move back to Texas and be with her parents. I have letters from them saying they would help raise the child. As far as finances go, we were hoping for a decent child support amount and of course alimony."

John stood up. "Judge, they're not allowed to take the child out of the state without my client's permission, and I can assure you said permission will never be given. On the other hand, if my client receives custody of his daughter he has lived here his entire life. He has all the material things necessary to raise his child. But, most of all he has family and friends that all have written letters that say how they will all be there to help raise this child."

"You are correct about staying in the state, Counselor. Mrs. Davis, are you willing to live here in Ohio and raise your child here if you're given custody?"

"It's not fair. Just because he has money, he gets to call the shots. I don't want to live here. I should have a right to see my daughter, it's just not fair."

"On the matter of custody, I'm going to rule for the defendant, Mr. Davis. In doing so I will also rule that Mrs. Davis should have a right to see her daughter every other weekend. I am concerned about Mrs. Davis removing her daughter from the state, so I am ruling that her visits be supervised, either by a member of Mr. Davis's family or a court appointed person. The fee for supervision will be paid by Mr. Davis."