All Comments on 'Marriage in Flames'

by Daniellekitten

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Cheat!

When you cheat on your spouse, male or female you set your self up and usually deserve whatever happens. When young I had several male coworkers who played all the time. Both got divorced and suffered real pain when ex wives started dateing. They were miserable and when I got married I never have forgotten that lession. If you can't handle your wife running around, you better not yourself. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
fabulous

you are an amazing writer - no doubt about it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
So

she had an innocent(of arson)man go to the pen for something that he HAD NOT done.This is not my idea of justice and I really hope that all your fans feel the same.Would she have still been happy if her husband and Laurie had been inside the trailer and been burnt to death?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
very interesting

The story is very good, as written. And I liked the sidebar at the end, explaining how much it is drawn from a real-life situation. Fascinating.

-- KK in Texas

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 16 years ago
Still a great story

I will have to re-read it all, but I loved it the first time and I am such the re-post will be great as well.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 16 years ago
Revolla in Anonymous

Anon in Revolla wrote about justice. There is justice in this story. Conforming to legal or judicial procedures; not so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
When a woman is pushed to the limit

this one seemed to be, I can understand how she would do whatever she thought she had to do to make herself feel like she could continue on. This story is well written, maybe not quite legal, but well done in all. Great job, dani.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
Beautiful

What a story. Loved it. If she had found a real man it would have been perfect. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Double wow!

One of the most realistic stories I've read. I've read enough of the Loving Wives stories where the husband and wife's characters were so over-the-top when it came to the cheating, retribution and sometimes reconciliation, that I found it hard to relate in any way. Most of the stories seemed like they were made for some alternate universe Lifetime For Men channel due to all the unecessary crying, whining, seething, stalking, whatever drama but with a XXX rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
A bit long in the tooth.

Condensing and consolidation would help.

evaknight67evaknight67almost 16 years ago
cheating and sweet revenge

wasnt sure if i like the story but it was more real on the cheating hubby . think i like the ending glad u gave endings to each person in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Uplifting

I loved the story, and wish to say thank you to both you and your friend.

I felt relief to finally read a story in which the main character actually leaves and moves on, after being treated as such and actually becoming happier.

A lot of the previous stories that I have read, the main character would forgive and forget continuously, and/or act like life is impossible without that person (despite the harm they've caused).

=]

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
"Uplifting"????....

....well written yes.Interesting,yes.But if someone is so damaged they feel this is "uplifting", a tale of someone who's luck with(choice of?) partners is so tragic that they themselves lose all moral bearings, I would suggest moving those appointments to an inpatient unit.She tried to kill the father of one of her children simply because he was a stone cold cad.Beethovens ninth is uplifting, this tale leaves me wondering why some people hinge their happiness on anyone but themselves.I couldn't give it 100 because there were too many suspensions of disbelief necessary,as in her ludicrous reaction to the selfish statement he made about "which one of you make me happier"- she was too strong at that point to have not brung him up on this.And the time frame on getting std check-up, as if the author was just crossing all the tees without fitting them into the story.But this was great reading for this site.-pistolpackinpete

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
Liked the story

I liked your story. Thought it was well written, a few little errors but nothing major. Good plot, good flow and good finish. I don't normally comment on the characters or their actions as they belong to the author, however I think some of Kelly's action don't fit into the real world. But again they are your characters. You said in your end notes that you knew the principals and saw and were told about this event, maybe it wasn't literary license but actual fact. Anyway thanks for you hard work. I don't normally read cheating stories from the wife's POV but this one may change my mind on that. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good story

Unlike previous posters, I enjoyed the ending. Getting all the sex he wanted, that's great! appropriate as well. Glad that things ended up working out for the wife, I'd probably have felt a little for vindictive towards my so called friends who over the years never saw fit to tell me what was going on. I know, it's a story but it's hard not to get involved with the characters. Good job.

clark3001clark3001over 14 years ago
Kelly's revenge was too tame

After the experience of her first marriage how could she condone cheating by agreeing to share her husband for 6 months with another woman. The revenge...well it left a lot to be desired, you should have made it cold and calculated.

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
still getting all the sex he wanted...

That line alone was worth the read. As far as the retribution was concerned, she did what she did. Colin didn't just cheat, he tried to cause her suicide by ordering her out. It was real that she was going to kill them both, not thinking of how it actually turned out. You go girl!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Go Kelly!

Collin deserves everything he gets in this story! He is such a tool that seeing his life impldoe was a joy to read!

Glad to hear that the real life Kelly has found true happiness.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
A drama queen

Nevertheless, I liked the story and rated it 5*****.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
Kelly you just moved 5 spots on my that's a bad bitch o'meter

She slap him down and put him away wet or at least bubba his cell mate did. Damn good story.

jamie11r19g23jamie11r19g23over 12 years ago
luv it

fantastic. luv it

DarlaJeanneDarlaJeannealmost 12 years ago
Wonderful!!!

Enjoyed the whole story but the last part even more....I am so glad Kelly is doing well.

SenieceTaOSenieceTaOalmost 12 years ago
*****

BraVo Kelly.. So glad you finally found true happiness!.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
THE TRAILER FIRE WAS THE TIP ON THE ICEBERG

the rest happened long before. TK U MLJ LV NV

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 11 years ago
It really irritates me that she would take him back in the contest with that slut...

After knowing his history and all his lies and cheating. What a fool. I guess he had a hold on her that was hard for her to break. That she would even accept the sham contest is revolting. Life is funny, the interactions between men and women are funny. Yes, I know that it was just a story. I was glad that her actions got him imprisoned. Way to go!

Rogn123Rogn123about 11 years ago
excellent story

About life in a trailer park for anyone who cares

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I wonder

Being an ex-cop, and having plenty of time to think about it, if he figures out she set him up? Revenge is a bitch, his dish would be very cold and I bet he knows how to make it painful. In his place, I'd be looking to put her in the ground. How's that for an ending?

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
Kelly is a very sad soul

Neither she or any other woman should endure the physical abuse she did in her first marriage. Nor should she have to tolerate the mental torture her sadistic ex subjected her to. And then there was the jerk she next married. He must have believed himself above all others, and beyond the wedding vows they both took. He just continued the pattern of abusive men in her life. I cannot understand her agreeing to the "trial" period, especially after kicking him out and taking control of her home and children. But, I did not live in her shoes and endure her situation.

The caveat at the end took some of the joy out of the revenge, but is probably more realistic. I applaud her gumption to finally take a stand. Maybe it didn't result in him going to jail, but it surely made him think long and hard about pushing her to the edge ever again. He finally learned she had a limit. And so did she.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
Kelly was a fish, asking to be taken advantage of.

She should have cut them both up and I am sorry that Colin did not go to jail. Of course, I realize that it is just mostly a story but I do not understand women that go from one abuser to another, I have known several of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
we don't actually know that it was rape. wow,

you ARE a sick one. Your friend sure thought sex was involved, and Colin wasn't bi. That is rape. Or was I taught wrongly? Damn! Think of all the consensual but coerced anal sex I could have been having for all these years! But no, I had to think of them as rapists, and my ass and pussy as being only my husbands playground. So many missed opportunities! Wait a second. No. And mobsters getting "protection" money isn't theft or extortion! It's consensual exchange of funds! Analogies for justifying males being raped are fun! I hate cheaters, and you just made me wish Kelly was in Colins place, getting the same consensual treatment you/she hinted about in your/her story! (now *that* is what I call making a reader empathize with a character!) Rape jokes: only funny when arsonists that are being permitted to raise children tell them! Psssst! NSA! Look over here! Trace her email or masticate her IP address or something! Unfit, dangerous mother alert! Activate the magic prism! Rofl. All kidding aside, I hope her ass is busted before the statute of limitations expires. And considering the wildfires some areas have had these past years? Conviction in the press would be murderous depending on where she did the deed...say...California? Assuming locations were changed in the story as well, of course. You had a sad story here that you could've made wonderful. Instead you decided let's do a male BTB and have him get his by being regularly raped in prison. And you tried to fix it by reposting with a long note that just compounded and reemphasized your commitment to the most poorly written portion of an otherwise shockingly wekk composed story. Yes, I am well aware that you will be ignoring this comment because I dont have an account with a "real" pseudonym, and as such I'm less of a big girl than the "brave account holders". So? Words are words. Read them or do not at your leisure. But please rein in Kellys firebug tendencies. Thanks.

PS: 5 years for a first offense arson with no deaths? Brush up on your caselaw, sweetie. The rest of us hardworking blondes don't need you making the stereotype worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Knuckle Draggers are hilarious

The same condescending jerk offs yelling about the cheater getting butt fucked in prison are the same shit heads that go on page after page about how cheating wifes should be shot dead or sold into slavery in a Mexican whore house.

What a bunch of posers.

SigintSigintabout 9 years ago
What's Wrong With Colin Making New Friends?

He probably looks fashionable with his pants saggin'.

racfguyracfguyalmost 9 years ago
The bard wrote...

"...Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Colin was (is) an arrogant bastard, and he deserves what he got. As Kelly said, he wanted to have his cake and eat it too. He is a player and leopards don't change their spots.

When he came up with his 'six-month' plan Kelly should have told him to hit the road then and there; and his 'every-other-weekend' plan? WTF?

Kelly is so much better off without the cheating, lying dirtbag prick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I guess all is fair...

in love & war, people more specifically men, they cheat because they feel they can, that argument also holds true for women, saying a man cant stay faithful because its genetic is as good as comparing that man to a dog, because in essence you say that he cant control his baser urges.

I used to,be a firm supporter of burn the bitch for cheating on the husband guy, but now i realise that, even though a woman may cheat on her husband somewhere, she does so because she feels entitled to do it( one of the reasons), & i now see that its trait she learns.

Integrity, Honesty & respect are difficult to maintain at all times in an individual or in a relationship, but those who do either have the best life ever or the worst, and those who do inspite having a bad life... well you can be a judge of that.

somebody said he may have been raped in the prison, hence his demeanor, i strongly am against rape, as not only is it a sexual crime but also it destroys the very core of a person. But, i ask, so what he was raped in prison?.. who did rape him? was it a woman? did he ask for it?.. was he wearing something provocative?....

did he provoke the rapist?....

oh how hurtful to some these questions maybe, but many of us fail to see the irony, that this is exactly what every woman who has been raped has to answer to..

i am not a woman, nor have i personally known anyone who has been raped, but i used to make crass jokes at women & joke about rape among friends, hell there are songs that glorify rape shared amongst students, do you remember the famous chant "No, mean yes, Yes means Anal".

to any woman who may read this, all i can offer as an apology, that i have grown & seen through my foolish ways no longer shall i facilitate or allow rape to be "acceptable" or hushed up.

Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a good mystery!

What a good mystery. You should try writing for a bigger audience. I could see your works as best sellers keep up the writing. Even if as a Ghost writer. Will be keeping a look out for more of you works.

ausvirgoausvirgoover 7 years ago
Great story as usual.

You cover such a wide range of story types so well, from lighthearted erotica to much darker stories.

As for the bitching comments -

1) Where does the story say Colin wasn't slightly bi.

2) If he was raped, I'd normally say "no-one deserves to be raped", but he abused her psychologically to the point he expected her to commit suicide, and when she didn't he continued to play with her feelings. In the context of fiction, that's a good enough excuse for me to accept his situation as funny.

3) Yes, she tried to kill him and his lover. Not ideal behaviour, but she snapped after he'd kept toying with her emotions even beyond the point that he expected her to commit suicide. I plead temporary insanity on her part. It was totally justice that he got the blame, and since this part's fiction she doesn't have to worry about him coming after her when he gets out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Too funny for words.

Colin got out after two years and got a good job. The reckless endangerment suit went no where. 6 months later Kelly disappeared. They never found her body. Although Colin was a suspect he had an ironclad alibi for the night Kelly disappeared. He got full custody of the kids and the next month he took a promotion and moved across the country. No one has seen him since. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Kelly forgot that and paid the ultimate price. Badly thought out story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Applause

For your writing ability. You can evoke deep feelings in the reader for her totured anguished soul.

That poor woman, life turned her so desperate she agreed to play his weekend game even after discovering his unending string of affairs.

Good for her to finally seek retribution.

If a man acted in a similar manner in a story on this site the applause would be thunderous.

Then those commenters attack your heroine, rooting for that scumto get out and painfully kill her, her body never found, their crying about his finding a playmate in prison.

How anyone can take the side of a serial cheater who tells his wife SHE HAS TO LEAVE THE HOUSE so his slut girlfriend can move in.

He is close to most scurrilous character I have ever heard of.

When he gets out and goes looking for revenge, her new husband is waiting and stakes colinout in the woods for a little ol time drawn and quartering. You know where his abdomen is sliced open and before his eyes his intestines are slowly drawn out

For those denouncing your heroine, may their wives cheat with the most diseased of untouchables and pass horrid disfiguring incurable diseases on to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
character in pain

You and GirlInTheMoon deserve Pulitzers

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
For some sick reason, I felt disappointed the abusers didn't die in the fire. But then I reevaluated the story and my reaction

I wanted to 5 it, but since they didn't die, a 4.

I scored it a three for originality and the quality of the writing.

ON REVIEW. BS

As always, it's a one DV as a response to infidelity is CRAP. Always.

She should have done a different revenge on asshole 2, and tracked down asshole 1 and burned him to death.

ribnitinribnitinover 5 years ago
end note

The note at the end confused me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My life, your story

I went through the same garbage in this story. I got revenge too. My revenge was the day my own personal a-hole begged me to come back to him. When he claimed he realized his mistake, and bla bla bla. I even felt bad for him when I told him that there was no effing WAY I would EVER try to be with him again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
When Colin gets out?

And he will get out - sooner rather than later, she better go into hiding. If he's smart he'll get out in less than 2 1/2 years. Because after being raped in prison, I think he has nothing to lose and does his level best to put her in her grave. In his shoes, I would. After a couple of years in jail, he'll know people that will torture and kill her for a pittance. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
"I Began To Wonder If He Thought I Was Stupid."

For a while there I did too. Good to see a BTB turned on it's head sometimes when it's written this well. I've had jury duty now 5 times, in 2 states; 4 county and 1 federal. If I knew the story the way it was written and I was in the jury box, she wouldn't have to worry about my vote. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Delightful twist and Colin got what he deserved for being totally selfish and disrespectful to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Poor girl, she couldn't get a break. Good thing she finally snapped and set herself free.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDaniellekitten@Daniellekitten
4089 Followers
Hey: I'm sorry about chapter two of Captive Angel being posted before chapter one. There was a paragraph or two that needed editing and I turned it back in to those who run this place. It should be out soon. Also. If there are any of my books you would like reported just tell...