Men in Blue Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Was wondering if you had a moment go grab a bite?" the man forced a smile to his face.

Kaitlin frowned; Gene looked nervous.

"Uh, yeah, sure; got a couple of arraignments but those aren't until three," she agreed, grabbing her purse. "Cafeteria?"

"What? No, no, thought we'd give this place a try; supposed to be nice," Gene looked away, sweating lightly.

"Oh, okay," Kaitlin said and smiled when he reached down and took her hand into his large one.

The simple gesture made her smile; he wasn't big on public displays of affection and did not often hold her hand, or kiss her in front of others.

"We'll take my car; that way, if you don't like the food, or the company you can't run off," he tried to joke as they rode the elevator down.

"There something wrong?" she asked and he looked surprised.

"What? No, no, why would you even ask me that?" he denied.

They rode in silence. She looked over at him when he pulled up in front of Henri's, a French restaurant in Elgee.

"Like I said, place is supposed to be good; ever eat here?" Gene asked, opening her car door for her.

"No, remember? I told you I wanted to try it," Kaitlin said.

"Huh? Oh yeah, yeah that's right, you sure did," Gene agreed as the maître's led them to a secluded booth.

They both agreed on the lunch special and Kaitlin gave in to temptation and sipped a glass of white wine, even though it was a work day. Gene stuck to his usual iced tea, unsweetened.

"Uh, listen, I uh, I know we've only known each other a couple of months now," Gene said, unable to meet Kaitlin's eyes. "I mean, yeah, we've seen each other in the halls or in the courtroom, but..."

"That spot above my head must be real interesting," Kaitlin observed.

Gene looked into her blue eyes and blushed hotly, then looked above her head again.

"And I was thinking, you know, I mean, we've both been married before and it really didn't work out but I think I'd really love to have you to come home to," Gene said and swallowed hard.

"And I'd really, wait, wait a minute, what are you getting at? You want us to live together?" Kaitlin asked.

"Well, yeah; that's what married people do," Gene said, finding a spot on the other side of the room to stare at.

"That's what... Eugene Patrick Paice, are you asking me to marry you?" Kaitlin asked, voice rising to a near scream.

"Yes, yes Kaitlin Ann Monroe, that's exactly what I'm doing," he agreed, fumbling for, and finally finding the one and a half carat diamond ring.

X

X

X

THE END of the 'Men In Blue' series.

**Author's Note: I write these stories for my pleasure; I post them here for your enjoyment.

A sincere thank you for reading my stories.

Disclaimers: Yes I need an Editor. I am well aware of that and well aware of the limitations of Microsoft spellcheck.

Yes, it's too long, there's too many people to keep track of, yes it jumps around too much, it's in the wrong category, it's stupid shit and I suck.

But I do thank those that take the time to leave comments and take the time to rank these little tales.

Have a monumental day