Mia Mine Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone, even Mia was quite shocked to hear such a pointed argument from Harmony. She was usually so quiet and reserved. She kept herself busy and did remarkable work, but rarely voiced any type of personal opinion.

As Harmony sat back down, a little unsettled at her outburst herself, Mia rose. "Thank you Harmony, I appreciate your wonderful statement. It is refreshing to hear an argument that makes sense."

"All right, I see we have been in here for over a couple hours. I for one, want to break for lunch and get outside for some fresh air. It's 11:45, why don't we all get back here by one, I will put out my proposals at that time, and if any of you have a proposal, I would love to hear it."

No one said a word, and Mia got up and walked out of the room without looking back. She went to her office, to find David listening intently to her mother. Christine stopped talking as soon as Mia entered.

"How did it go in the war room honey?" David looked concerned, as he could see the stress and tension in Mia's face.

"It wasn't the best, but certainly not the worst. I wish my opposition had voiced their opinion a little more clearly. It seemed I was supposed to read between the lines. And no one offered a plan of action, only a plan of reaction. Very frustrating."

David walked over to hug her, and could feel her body was still tense, she couldn't relax in his hug like she usually did. "So what is the agenda?"

"We are taking a break until one. Will you take a walk with me, I need both the fresh air and to be with someone I trust?"

David walked over to the closet to get their coats. He figured his action would be enough to answer her request.

"Mom, will you hang with Jessie until I get back? I really want to be alone, alone with David."

"Of course dear, I am sure Jessie could use some help with the food set up out there. You two go and try to get away from this for a bit."

"Thanks Mom," Mia and David said in unison, and laughed.

David walked Mia out of the office, her arm in his. He could feel the board members' stares as they walked by the food tables in the foyer. He kept his gaze straight ahead, figuring there would be a time and place for his involvement with them.

As the elevator doors closed Mia finally said, "I have to tell you, I was so close telling them all to shove it. Close the whole thing down and walk away. You know I never really wanted it to get this big. I loved my original concept and the little company we had. Then it all seemed to take off like crazy. We couldn't keep up with the demand. I hired Marsha, and with her help, set up the Corporation. She knew some head hunters and they filled all the board positions. I really didn't want anything to do with it. I'm a nerd. I love working with computers, code, and all the internal things. I hated the whole board set up, but Marsh was right, an international company had to have the correct structure to function. I just felt so close to telling them all I am transgendered. And if that threatens the company, they can buy me out. With that money and what I could sell my condo for, we'd be set for the rest of our lives up at your place."

David could sense she was close to tears, and held her tightly as he let her try to put some of the thoughts that had been spinning in her head into words.

"You know, I would love that solution too Mia, but we both work. We are workers. I don't think it would be long and you'd be climbing the walls looking to come up with some new coding for a new program. You'd miss the few wonderful people who work for you. I love you, and will love to be with you wherever you decide. I have to say I love the part about us being up North, I am just not a city guy. The view is great and all, but as a visit. I go a bit slower than all of this."

Mia smiled, "I know that David, and you know after being up there for that short time, I could see myself getting very comfortable in that lifestyle. But you are also right about us being workers. I will let you in on one of the secrets I was working on. I think I am going to go with this one, and I wanted to run it by you. Marsha has all the paperwork prepared for me to take just the original part of the company, and sell the rest to the board. I would make offers to all those that I know want to work with me to help them relocate, and run the business from the office up there."

"I do love your secrets!" David stopped and kissed her, as they stood in the middle of the noontime sidewalk. People grunting displeasure in having to walk around the silly people kissing in the middle of a busy walkway.

Mia broke away and said, "We should probably start heading back. I would like you and mom to come in to the meeting when we return. I could use the extra support."

"We'll be right at your side, I can't wait to see their faces when you tell them your decision."

As they neared the entry to her building, Mia heard a voice say "Hello Martin."

She continued walking until she heard, "I said hello Martin, it's me, your father."

Mia stopped in her tracks, spun around towards the voice with fire in her eyes.