More Than Friendship Material Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Um...yeah," He stuttered slightly as his stomach muscles clenched and a new wave of desire made Little Todd twitch to life. Liz noticed it, but said nothing. Instead she pulled away and stretched. "I'm beat but...I don't really want to sleep alone right now. What do you say? Mind sleeping together? In a purely platonic way of course. I promise not to touch your no no spots." She teased.

"I guess that would be OK." he replied as little Todd practically screamed his assent. "Your place or mine?"

"Gee, guess, Mr. I-Do-Laundry-Twice-A-Month, " Liz laughed.

"Ouch, first you poke me, then you insult me," He pretended to look hurt. "Maybe I'll just let you sleep by yourself and take my sword elsewhere." Inwardly Todd cringed at the veiled innuendo he'd just soft balled to her. She said she was tired, maybe she'd miss it.

No such luck, as Liz batted it out of the park. "Afraid you'll poke me with it?" She stuck her tongue out at him, and then she blushed at the leer that evoked from him.

"Looks like you're the one offering to polish it," Todd retorted.

"OK, we really need to stop this," Liz reasoned. "We sound like horny teenagers."

"What's your point?" He grinned. "OK, truce. My sword's in its scabbard and I'll protect the fair damsel through the night. You want the bathroom first?"

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea, " Liz answered. "I take a lot longer than you."

"Cool. Gives me time to down a bowl of cereal while you get ready. I need to call Ben anyway. He left me a voice mail while we were at the police station." He watched her make her way to the bathroom to do her nightly ablutions and dialed the phone.

"What up, fag? Where the hell have you been?" Ben's familiar voice rang clear on the other side.

"Oh let's see. Having ungodly sex with Hollie, beating the crap out of attempted rapist Kevin, spending the afternoon at the police station, then hanging out with Liz."

"Damn! That's a full day. I guess I won't bitch about shopping for china patterns."

"Yeah. I'll call you tomorrow. Maybe we can go watch football and get some beers. We're both beat here, and Liz is still kinda freaked out and scared."

"Cool. Give her my best. Wish I had been there to beat the shit out of him too. Maybe next time"

"Sounds good. Later."

Pouring a huge bowl of captain Crunch, Todd stood at the kitchen counter and drank the milk on the side as God intended. He wasn't entirely sure this sleeping in the same bed thing was a good idea, considering the mixed feelings he was having. But after what she'd been through, there was no way he'd have really turned Liz down. Pondering the situation, he watched as the bathroom door opened, and Liz appeared. What the heck was she wearing?

***

Liz when through her ritual. She felt bone tired, but brushed out her hair, brushed her teeth and did a little 'touch up' shaving just in case they got a little close. Normally she wouldn't worry, but...she groaned to herself. What was she doing?? Trying to seduce her best friend? What if he didn't care about her the same way. Of course he cared about her, and he apparently found her attractive, but love? This was crazy and she hadn't been with enough men in her short lifetime to play the seductress.

But, with that in mind, she removed her clothes, and slipped into a strappy little tank top that hugged her breasts and torso in a light shade of pink. Then she added a pair of form fitting boxer/briefs that the girls liked to wear these days, the underwear molding themselves to her body, leaving little to the imagination.

She paused outside the door and gave him a little wave as he stared at her. "I'll be in the room when you're done." She told him and slipped inside. Was she being too obvious? Normally she wore looser clothes or a robe. Nervously she slipped under her blankets and snuggled down, scooting closer to the wall so he could easily get in.

Unable to comprehend, Todd stared blankly at Liz's bedroom door after she went inside. Who was this pod woman that had come out in the sex kitten wear. Was she making a move on him? Sure, they had been good naturedly flirting and admitting that they did have an attraction to one another, but that? That was something else entirely. Or was it? Maybe she was just upping the ante in the game they'd been playing. That outfit was tight but everything that should be was covered. He groaned as the confusion and nervousness he thought was over (mostly) came rushing back. Luckily he had some time to think. This was a big bowl of cereal and he still had to get ready for bed. Suddenly he had a thought. He couldn't interpret the female mind, but he knew who could. Taking out his phone, he hit redial.

Ben answered. "I thought you were going to bed."

"I am," Todd replied. "That's why I called back."

"Fascinating update. Later."

"No, Ben, I didn't need to talk to you. I need Mary."

"What the fuck for?"

"No time to explain. Is she there, and , if so, can you make yourself scarce for a little while?"

"Yeah, hold on. This is about the bachelor party isn't it?"

Todd breathed a sigh of relief. "Yeah, and it's a secret. You'll find out soon enough. Thanks."

Ben handed the phone off, and a confused sounding Mary picked up. "Todd? You never call me. What's going on?"

"I need your help, Mary. Girl interpretation."

"Why not ask Liz?"

"Um, she's not available to ask."

"OK, shoot. What's the problem."

"OK, if a girl asks you to do something platonically, that means no sex, right?

"DUH. That's kind of the definition. Good night.."

"No, there's more to it than that. What if it's sleeping in the same bed?"

"I can see where that would be confusing, but sometimes we girls like to cuddle and feel secure."

Todd felt better at that. "OK, what if a girl says that, but puts on a sleep outfit that looks like she works at Hooters."

Mary exhaled. "OK, that means she either is playing games, wants you to make a move, or is a hell of a cock tease."

"Three options doesn't really help me, Mary."

"I guess it wouldn't, but for Hollie I think I'd interpret it as her wanting you to make a move."

"It's not Hollie."

"Then who is it? Do I know her?"

Todd sighed. He had hoped to not have to say this, but grit his teeth and continued. "It's Liz."

"SQUEEEEEEE!! " Mary exclaimed. "I didn't know she had it in her."

Todd recovered from the squeal and asked, "Had what in her?"

"Our little girl has either grown up and is playing a wonderfully wicked trick, or she wants you and doesn't know what to say. That's the closest I can come to a definite answer. How did this come up?"

Todd described the events of the day as Mary deliberated. "OK," she said finally, "knowing Liz, and since you were both kidding around before, I think she's teasing you."

"So what do I do?"

"Either ignore her, or tease back."

"Tease back how?"

"She wore that. What can you wear?," Mary laughed.

"Ahhh, I think I have just the thing," Todd said with a grin. " Thanks Mary."

"Anytime, stud . Good night"

Mary hung up and Todd quickly went to his room to pick out his own evening attire. He quickly brushed his teeth and changed, before slowly opening Liz's bedroom door and crawling in beside her. Purely satisfied that he had picked the right outfit for the occasion.

***

Liz had almost dozed off when the sound of her door opening woke her back up. She smiled and went to turn over just as Todd slipped into bed. A hairy leg hit her smooth one and she turned fully and snuggled against his chest. "I thought you had gotten lost out there."

He chuckled and slid his arm around her, letting her rest her head against the crook of his arm and shoulder. As her hand slid over his bare chest, she paused, her legs apparently bumping into a LOT of bare flesh. "Um...Todd?" She murmured softly, a small curious frown crossing her delicate brows. "Are you wearing clothes?"

"Yes, I am." He grinned back at her.

She slid her hand over his belly and skirted it to the side, feeling for any signs of underwear when her fingers connected with a thin string. "Oh my god!" She squealed and began to laugh. "What are you wearing?!" Back into fits of giggles, she sat up and and lifted the blankets and then fell back into gales of laughter. "No you didn't!!"

"Oh yes I did," Todd answered. "Two can play at this game. You may be channeling your inner Lindsay Lohan, but I can unleash the Chippendales dancer I always knew I could be."

Reaching for Liz's clock radio, he turned on the pop station she always listened to, knowing that Saturday nights they featured non-stop club music. Todd leapt to the floor and started madly gyrating his hips, with Little Todd bouncing to and fro behind the thin nylon cage that held him back. Todd grabbed Liz's exposed foot and dragged her to the edge of the bed as she squealed. "Now you're going to get the lap dance of your life, little lady."

Todd proceeded to bump and grind with reckless abandon as Liz laughed and gasped. She was seeing places on Todd where she didn't even know he had places. The thong left almost nothing to the imagination, and Little Todd was at half-mast. Finally a commercial ended the dance marathon, and Todd fell to the bed laughing and breathing hard. "What, no tip?" he asked.

Tears of mirth trailed down her cheeks and she wiped them away, trying to regain her breath. "God I wish I had my camera handy for that show!! Please tell me you don't do that for all the girls!"

"Nope!" He grinned, "Just you babe!"

She liked that idea. Her suave boy always turned goofy and sweet for her. He knew how to make her feel so much better and bring a smile to her face.

A tip? She grinned and leaned over his chest, looking down at him. His warm breath hit her face as he tried to regain it from the laughter and gyrations. It wasn't every day he played male stripper! Her pretty long hair hair fall around the sides of his face and Liz smiled sweetly down at him.

"I don't have any cash, but maybe this will do. For being so brave and then so silly all at once. Thank you." And with that, she leaned down and pressed her lips to his. Soft, warm, sweet lips that stole his breath away in that moment and she hadn't even used tongue.

"Better than money." Todd said with a smile as their lips broke contact. "OK, now that you've had the show, I should probably put something on over this. I'll be back in a bit." He hopped up from the bed, now blushing slightly and self-conscious since little Todd was suddenly at full attention. Liz watched him go with a smile and a small sigh.

***

Todd made his way back to his room and dug around in the laundry pile for a clean pair of shorts. Finally finding one, he put them on and pondered what was to come next on this weird day. He'd been with enough girls to know what that expression on Liz's face meant, much less the kiss. That was not just friendly, and he didn't know what to do now. He did love Liz, but romantic feelings were different and dangerous. If something were to happen between them now, what would it mean? Liz had gone through something traumatic, and it may be affecting how she was seeing him now. This could be a knee-jerk reaction to her being rescued, and the last thing he wanted was to hurt her or take advantage. But if she did make a move, could he turn her down? Would he want to?

Not only that, what about Hollie? She thought Todd had told her he loved her and she was reciprocating. Maybe it hadn't really reached that level for him, but he had started to care for her, and he hadn't said anything to her to contradict the feelings she thought he had. Hollie would be expecting to hear from him on Sunday after she got back. Then what? Todd's head was hurting again. He downed a couple of Tylenol and headed back to Liz's room. Maybe I'm just over thinking things, he hoped to himself as he opened the door.

After all the laughter and emotions of the day, Liz was half asleep by the time he returned. As before, as soon as his body slid into the bed and she moved so she could curl herself around him again. She sighed and closed her eyes, the music on the radio turned to something softer and before she knew it, she was fast asleep.

Sometime in the night, she woke up with Todd spooning her, his breath even and deep, fanning against the top of her head. Even in sleep, he was poking her against the butt which made her smile to herself. Guys, sex on the brain all the time. His warm breath tickled her hair, one hand loosely splayed across her belly as he snuggled close.

She sensed that he had no clue what had been going through her head between the cop station and home. She wasn't even a 100% sure, and it was all strange. The feeling was strong and there, but how did you go from brother/sister mode, to I want you, all of you! Not to mention there was Hollie.

The warmth of his body lulled her mind and she yawned, slipping back into sleep. There was always another day. Maybe a chat with Mary could shed some light.

Chapter 9

Todd awoke with the sun streaming through Liz's window. It took him a second to remember where he was, since she was nowhere in sight. He turned to look at her alarm clock which read 10:30. Well, it looked like nothing more than sleep had happened. That calmed his nerves, and he settled back in for another half hour of comfortable dozing. At that point, Todd was fully rested and ready to hit the bars for beer, football, and male bonding. Guys were so much easier to deal with. Everything in the open, no subtext. He got up, showered, and threw on some shorts and a jersey. Then he dialed Ben's number. Ben picked up on the first ring.

"Yo, man. Are you ready for some football?"

'You know it. Where do you want to meet up?"

"How about Bud's. Pitchers are on sale."

"Sweet. Mary coming?"

"No. Liz called her and they went somewhere. Is Hollie?"

"No. I haven't talked to her yet today. I'll call her on the way there. I didn't even check to see if the football team won last night. Maybe you heard?"

"Yeah. They won by ten. She'll be happy. Bodes well for you."

Todd laughed. "Well, I hope so, but I'm not gonna worry. This week has been stressful enough. Today is all about relaxing and getting back to normal. See you in a few."

Todd hung up the phone and headed out the door. Swinging open the car door, he dialed Hollie as he slid inside but got her voice mail. He hated leaving messages, but in this case, he figured he should. "Hey babe. Congrats on the win. I'm going to watch games with Ben. Call me later." Satisfied, he gunned the car and flipped on the radio, wonderful vaguely what Liz and Mary were up to.

Ben's motorcycle already there as he pulled into the parking lot. That would make things easier. He'd already be camped out at a table with a pitcher of Bud Light and an order of nachos on the way which made Todd smile. Ben had been his best friend since he'd first gotten to college. They had met at orientation and just hit it off. He'd been a fellow hound out chasing tail for 2 years, right until he had met Mary and they'd gotten serious.

At first, he had been worried that the committed relationship would have had an effect on their friendship, but nothing had really changed. Ben still went out with him regularly and proved to be an accomplished wingman, and Todd was surprised at how much he liked Mary. She was refreshingly guy like for a girl. She cursed, drank, and even shared an occasional girl's bed, like with Hollie, but she still had an attractive sensitive quality. Liz had taken to her immediately, a factor that had made Todd happy and relieved, since he knew she had kinda had a crush on Ben at first. The girls even shared similar builds and hair color. Mary had really helped him out last night, and he was glad Ben had found her.

Entering the bar, Todd saw Ben by one of the larger TV's cheering on the New Orleans Saints and chatting up some girls at the table next to him. "Old flirts die hard," Todd laughed to himself. He made his way to the table, pulled up a seat and poured a glass of the draft goodness he'd been wanting all morning.

Ben looked up. "'Saints are up three. Food's on the way."

"Fuckin-A," Todd replied with a grin as his phone beeped with a text message. He took a swig of beer and checked it then nearly choked. "Holy shit!" It was from Hollie and a photo came with it. It was clearly in his room and the little blonde's world-class rear end and nearly bald pussy were naked and featured prominently, with a box of Captain Crunch sitting on the small of her back. The message read "When you get through with guy time, come enjoy the buffet."

"What is it, dude? Everything OK?" Ben asked curiously.

Todd just handed him the phone and Ben nodded appreciatively. "I think that's the definition of OK. I hope you thank God every night for the bounty of women he has bestowed upon you. OK, since its halftime and the girls aren't here, tell me what the hell's going on with you, Hollie, and Liz."

Todd slumped back in his seat and took a deep long breath, as if prepping himself for one long drawn out story, then outlined the events of the past couple of days, ending with "So I don't know whether I want turkey or pumpkin pie. The turkey seems kinda infatuated, and the pie...well you just saw the pie ."

Ben shook his head. "You poor bastard. Must be awful. My heart bleeds."

"Gee thanks. Don't suppose you have any words of advice."

"You sure you want it?"

"That sounds ominous."

"Well, not really, but you can't have everything and two fine women are on the line here, and things could get hairy."

"Yeah I know, so tell me."

"OK, this is just my opinion, so don't shoot me."

"Deal. Just say it."

"OK, you've watched Friends right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"If you were on there, who would you be?"

"Joey."

"Right. Who would Hollie be?"

"Probably Rachel."

"I agree. How about Liz?"

"Monica.

"Bingo. Did Joey ever hook up with Rachel."

"Briefly."

"And Monica?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because the writers didn't put them together."

"Besides that dipshit."

"I know, I know. Because they weren't compatible that way. They were just friends."

"Right. Monica was attracted to Joey, and Joey even admitted that he'd pick Monica over Rachel if he had to sleep with one. But, they were never even close to being romantic. That's how I'm afraid you guys would be. You're as tight as hell, but I don't know if you're in the same place as far as being together like that. "

"That's scary, Ben."

"Yeah, Hollie seems a better fit, especially since you don't know exactly how Liz feels. That's just my take though."

"But it makes sense. Well, the game's starting back. How about we drown this conversation in beer and hot wings? Then I'll go have pie"

"Sounds good to me, dude."

***

Liz took off early in the morning. It had been a struggle to leave Todd, the warmth of his body and how hot he looked deep in sleep, but more pressing issues were on her mind. So, carefully she untangled herself, softly kissing his cheek, and dressed in a hurry, hoping to catch Mary who was known for her early morning jogs.

Mary was more than happy to meet up with Liz, not for a jog, but for after jog coffee. Mary was smiling over her coffee cup, glistening with a thin sheen of sweat while Liz was trying to wake her mind up fully. "So what's up?? Between you and Todd, you're keeping me quite busy lately."

Liz straightened a little and leaned against the table top with her forearms. "Really? What's up with Todd?"

Mary grinned, "You tell me, Lizzie. What's up with Todd?"

Liz flushed and looked away a moment, weighing her thoughts. "I'm so confused, it's not even funny." She blew out a heavy breath and met Mary's curious gaze. "I've known Todd since we were kids, you know that. He's always been like a brother to me...and then...."

1...45678...12