My Cousin, My Lover Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rebecca couldn't stop crying. She smiled between her tears and looked at David. "Did you hear that?"

David nodded. He hugged his uncle and aunt. "Thank you both. We needed your support."

"David, just be sure to handle my daughter well, she isn't easy to handle," Sonia teased.

David laughed. "I will. I will take good care of her. I love her."

Just then, the doorbell rang. All four turned towards the door. "I'll get it," David said.

He walked towards the door and when he opened it, there was another surprise. "Mom? Dad?" He asked confused.

Alex and Eva stood still for a moment. Alex was the first to hug his son. "David, we've missed you."

David felt his eyes tear up. "I've missed you all. I'm so happy to see you both."

He broke from his father's hold and looked at his mother. Eva already had tears in her eyes. She moved closer and put her arms around her son. No words were needed.

* * *

"Listen, I know I was a real asshole to you. I was just pissed. I hope you can forgive me," Ron apologized to Alex.

Alex hugged his brother. "It's ok. You had every right to be pissed. I mean if Becca was my daughter and David was your son, I think I would have reacted the same way."

Ron smiled. "I love Becca. I know David will make her happy. After all he is a Lambert and we Lamberts are always good to our women."

Alex laughed. "Yes indeed."

Sonia and Eva talked amongst themselves while David and Rebecca made coffee for their parents. Rebecca couldn't stop smiling and neither could David. They headed out to the living room and poured the coffee for their parents.

"So, have you decided when the wedding will take place," Eva asked curiously.

David nodded. "Yeah the first Saturday of next month. Why?"

Ron gasped. "So soon? You don't waste any time do you?"

"Well daddy, we are in love. You know what that's like huh?" Rebecca answered.

Ron blushed. He knew Rebecca was talking about how he and Sonia married. They had married after only knowing each other for three months. "But don't you want a nice wedding?" Ron asked.

"Really Becca, you deserve a big wedding," Sonia added.

"I don't want a big wedding. I just want a simple ceremony. We've decided on that," Rebecca replied.

"Well, I don't see why you still can't have a nice ceremony," Eva said.

"I've got an idea," Sonia stated. "We still have a little over four weeks for this. That will give us enough time to make this ceremony the best that we can. It'll be small, only close friends, but we'll have the best food and Rebecca will wear the loveliest wedding dress."

Rebecca giggled. "Mom, you're too much."

"What?" Sonia asked innocently. "I want the best for my little girl."

"I agree," Ron said.

"Ok so it's settled then. We are going to help you both and there is nothing you can say about it," Alex teased.

David held Rebecca's hand. "Ok, you got a deal."

* * *

2 weeks later, Gabriel was released from the hospital. He'd be staying at Ambers at Amber's request. His broken leg would take a few months to heal. Amber rolled him in the wheelchair and closed the door behind them.

"Ah here we go, home sweet home."

Gabriel looked around. "Thank you for letting me stay here, you really didn't have to do that."

"If I didn't, then who would take care of you?" Amber smiled.

Gabriel blushed. "True."

"Besides, you and I are friends…right?" She hesitated to say.

Gabriel grabbed her hand. Amber knelt down in front of him. Their eyes met. "You and I are more than friends, at least I hope you think so too."

Amber held his hand squeezing it. "I was hoping you'd say that."

Gabriel smiled begging for a kiss. Amber leaned close to him and planted a soft kiss on his lips. "Now, we can be more than friends as long as you don't mind having a boyfriend in a wheelchair."

Amber laughed. "You've been hurt. Besides, even if you were permanently in a wheelchair, I'd still love you."

"How did I end up being so lucky to have a girl like you?"

Amber kissed him again. "I think we are lucky to have each other. Things work out strangely sometimes."

Gabriel stroked her hair. "I love you Amber."

Amber's heart fluttered. "I love you too."

"This is going to be a new beginning for both of us."

"Well, starting over is always nice. I'm not a mean nasty bitch the way I once was and I've actually got friends again. Not to mention a hot boyfriend."

Gabriel scoffed. "What about me? I've got a supermodel girlfriend who is not only beautiful, but smart and caring. What else could I ask for?"

"How about a sandwich?" Amber suggested.

Gabriel raised a brow. "A sandwich?"

"Yes! I don't know about you, but I'm starved!"

Gabriel laughed. "I'm sure you are, in fact now that you mention it, so am I. A sandwich sounds pretty good right now."

"Ok, let me go fix us up some. I make the best chicken salad sandwiches in the state of Texas."

"I don't doubt that," Gabriel said his eyes dancing as he stared at his beautiful girlfriend.

Amber stood up but he didn't let her hand go. "Hey! Let me go if you want to eat." Amber said playfully.

"Not until I get another kiss."

Amber didn't hesitate and leaned down to kiss him. This time it was a long sensual kiss.

* * *

Amy looked at the time and her heart broke. It was past nine that night and she was getting ready to head on off to work. She hadn't seen Eddie in over four days. After hearing the news about David and Rebecca's wedding, she'd been feeling jealousy and hurt. She was happy for David and Rebecca, but yet she wished Eddie could have swept her off her feet and proposed to her.

She finished putting on her uniform and tied her red hair back in a ponytail. Just then, the door opened slowly. She turned and walked into the living room. Eddie was there. He stared at her but said nothing.

"Hi," Amy muttered.

"Hey."

"I'm on my way to work." She took her purse and passed him by.

Eddie grabbed her arm. "Wait."

Amy stopped and looked away. "What?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I miss you very much."

Amy looked up at him. Her eyes filled with tears. "Then prove it. Come home early so we can spend time together."

"Amy I've just been working-"

"Ok I have to go," Amy said cutting him off. She didn't want to hear anymore about his work. "I don't want to be late for work."

She freed herself form his hold and closed the door behind her. She stood outside sobbing wishing she'd at least kissed him goodbye.

* * *

"Mom? Hi!" Callie said cheerfully when she heard her mother's voice on the other end of the line.

"Callie, how are you sweetheart?" Gloria asked her daughter.

"I'm doing so good mom. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. You haven't called me in over two weeks."

Callie sighed. "I know. I'm sorry. I've just been busy."

"Busy? That's no excuse not to call your mother," Gloria said sternly.

"I know. I'm so sorry."

"Where is Nathan?"

"He's here. He's online right now buying us plane tickets."

"Plane tickets? Are you both coming down to visit?"

Callie smiled. "Yup."

"Oh honey! I can't wait to see you both! Your dad has been moping around the house ever since you both moved so far away."

Callie's heart broke. "I miss daddy too. But don't worry we're coming down next week for Rebecca and David's wedding."

"David and Rebecca are getting married?" Gloria's voice was filled with shock.

"You heard me right mom."

"Wow! Well at this point I don't think anything shocks me anymore," Gloria said playfully.

Callie giggled. "I love you mom. And I do have another surprise for you when I come to visit."

"A surprise? What? Tell me!"

"No. You're going to have to wait."

Gloria groaned. "Oh honey, first you don't call me for days and now you're going to keep me in suspense?"

"It'll be worth it mom. I promise."

Gloria smiled. "I know. Just seeing you and Nathan again would mean everything to me."

"Speaking of your son, he's right here. Let me let you talk to him ok?"

"Sure!"

Callie went to give the phone to Nathan. He looked up at her looking puzzled. "Who is it?"

"It's mom. Just don't mention anything about the baby ok?"

Nathan pulled Callie towards him and kissed her softly. "You got it."

She handed him the phone and slowly walked away. She felt like the luckiest woman alive.

~One Week Later~

"So where is the rehearsal dinner going to be at?" David asked Rebecca.

"At Romani's."

"Romani's? Why there?" David asked about the extravagant Italian restaurant.

"I don't know. Callie and Nathan suggested it."

"Hmm so are they making the decisions now?" David teased.

Rebecca laughed. "No. It's just that they really insisted on it. Maybe they had a moment there themselves or something. Besides, Callie is going to be my maid of honor and Nathan is our best man."

"So do you have a dress picked out?"

Rebecca smiled. "Well, my mom is going to give me hers. It's really beautiful and besides, if her marriage has lasted this many years, I'm sure the dress will bring us luck."

David held her tight. "I don't think we need good luck. We have each other and we'll always have each other no matter what."

Rebecca looked into her cousin's eyes. He mesmerized her. He'd meant so much to her throughout her life and now she was ready to spend the rest of her life with him. He would be the one and only, forever.

* * *

"Callie!" Gloria squealed as she saw her daughter.

"Oh mom!" Callie gasped and threw her arms around her mom.

Gloria felt so excited that her children finally got around to visiting her. She looked and saw Nathan walking to them carrying their luggage. He smiled sweetly at her.

"Nathan! Oh honey!" Gloria cried. She hugged her son. Callie stood back and watched while she wiped the tears from her face. She'd missed her parents so much.

"Hey mom. I've missed you!" Nathan exclaimed.

"I'm just so happy to see you both! You don't know how wonderful it is to see you." Gloria's pretty face was covered with tears.

"Here mom," Callie said handing her a tissue from her purse.

"Thank you," Gloria said in a shaky voice. "Well come on in you two! Hey Jim! The kids are here!"

Jim Adams rushed to the door to greet his children. He held Callie tightly. Ever since she'd been born she'd been his princess. It seemed it had always been that way, Jim was closer to Callie and Gloria closer to Nathan.

"Hi sweetheart! How are you?" Jim asked kissing Callie's forhead.

"I've been doing just wonderful daddy. You're son makes a very good husband."

Gloria laughed. "I'm sure he does."

"Hey dad," Nathan hugged his father.

"I'm glad to hear your treating my little girl like the princess she is, but then again I knew you would."

They all walked in the house and settled down in the living room to catch up on everything.

* * *

"Hey look what I found," Amber yelped as she entered the room.

Gabriel looked up. He'd been reading the newspaper that afternoon. "What?"

"It's David and Rebecca's wedding. They are getting married next week. Can you believe that?"

Gabriel put the newspaper aside and narrowed his eyes at his girlfriend "I hope you're not jealous."

Amber laughed. She went over and kissed him. "Never. I'm just shocked they are getting married so soon."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No. It's just that when Becky was single and I was dating David, she had once told me she never wanted to get married. She loved the wild life and didn't want commitment."

Gabriel smiled and grabbed her hand. "Yeah but weren't you like that once?"

Amber knelt down in front of him holding his hand. "Yeah."

"I was too, but ever since I've gotten to know you better, I don't know I think things have changed, don't you?"

Amber gulped. "You mean you would consider having a serious relationship with me?"

Gabriel held her hand tighter. "Yes." Amber stared into his eyes. He touched her face with his other hand. "I'm so in love with you. I mean the attraction I used to have for you was merely physical but since I've gotten to know you, I don't know, I've never felt more alive."

Amber blinked trying to fight back her tears. "I feel the same way with you."

"Come to California with me Amber. Let's start a new life there. I have to leave town anyway with all this shit going on here. I really want you to come with me."

Amber sighed. "I'd be leaving my friends and family."

Gabriel nodded. "Yeah I know. It won't be easy but can you at least think about it?"

Amber looked down for a moment and suddenly threw her arms around him. Gabriel gasped, surprised by her reaction. "Are you ok baby?" Gabriel asked.

Amber kissed his lips. She held a smile on her beautiful face. "I'm more than ok. You don't know how happy I am you even asked me to go with you. And you know what? I've thought about it, I could think about it all day, all week all year but I need to stop thinking so much. I'm going to go ahead and do it. I want to be with you."

Gabriel pulled her close again to plant a long wet kiss on her lips. "You'll really do it? You'll come live with me?"

"Yes! I love you."

"I love you so much Amber."

Amber held him again. She couldn't believe how lucky she was. Finally she'd found her true love. Someone she could spend time with and love. She had a feeling this one would last, for a long time. She hoped it would be forever.

* * *

"They let me take time off from work finally. I am enjoying my job at the university. The students are really smart and the people I work with are really cool."

Gloria eyed her daughter. "Callie, enough of that. Now tell me what surprise you have for me."

Callie beamed. "Mom! We've only been here for less than an hour and you're already pressuring me to tell you my surprise. The best things come to those who wait."

Gloria groaned. "Oh honey please! Tell me!"

"Yes, please tell her. You know you're mother," Jim teased.

Callie looked at Nathan and saw him smiling at her. She held his hand and looked at her parents. "There's no other way to say this but just come out and say it."

Gloria and Jim waited with anticipation.

"I'm pregnant," Callie blurted.

Gloria's jaw dropped. Jim was speechless.

Callie and Nathan waited for some sort of response. They looked at each other and then back at their parents who seemed to be stunned.

"Oh, oh my," Gloria finally spoke.

"Yeah, I-I don't know what to say," Jim stammered.

Callie felt her eyes water. "I figured you'd be happy for us."

Gloria went over to her daughter. She put her arms around her. "I am. We are honey. I'm just…worried."

"Worried?" Nathan echoed. "About what?"

"Well, will the baby be born…normal?"

Callie giggled. "Of course. Besides, any pregnancy can be risky right?"

Gloria nodded. "I just hope it will be honey. I mean I worry about you. Not that I'm not happy because I feel butterflies in my tummy."

"It'll be ok mom. Whatever the outcome is we will deal with it," Nathan assured.

"Did you tell your doctor that it's your brother's baby?" Jim asked Callie.

"No, not yet," Callie answered.

"Maybe you should tell him, you know just in case."

"I will dad. I'm just so happy. You can't imagine how happy I am."

Gloria held her daughter. She found herself beginning to cry again. Her baby girl was going to become a mommy. Callie was right though; any pregnancy could have a risk. Gloria knew she'd have to have positive thoughts.

Callie could hear her mom sobbing. "Mom, don't cry."

Gloria wiped her tears. "I'm just so happy. I'm going to be a grandma! God I'm old!"

Nathan laughed. "You're not old mom."

"Yeah don't say you're old because that would mean I'm old too," Jim said.

Gloria looked at her husband. "Well, you {I}are{/I} old."

The siblings laughed.

Jim raised a brow "I'm going to let this one pass Gloria."

Gloria stood up and put her arms around her husband. "I'm kidding. I still think you're…hot."

Jim playfully spanked her behind. "You better because I'm still nuts about you."

"Ok you two, this is our moment, don't ruin it with your public display of affection," Nathan joked.

Jim and Gloria held each other as they looked at their beautiful children who would soon be parents themselves. "I hope you two are just as happy as we are," Gloria said.

Callie and Nathan held hands. "I'm sure we will be."

They gathered for a family hug, celebrating their past, present and future.

* * *

"You're going to David and Rebecca's rehearsal dinner aren't you?" Callie asked Amy later on that afternoon. The girls were at Amy's apartment sitting on the bed talking about their lives.

Amy shrugged. "I don't think I'm up for it."

"Why not? You have to go. I mean we are their closest friends."

Amy looked away. She wanted to be happy for the new couple but since her own relationship was on the rocks she was in no mood to be surrounded by happy couples. "Callie, I think Eddie's cheating on me."

Callie nodded. "I don't think he is. Did you invite him to the dinner?"

"I did, but he says he has to work. He has to work so damn much. If it's going to continue this way, I don't want to be with him anymore."

Callie put her hand over Amy's. "Don't say that. Eddie's a good guy and he's crazy about you. Nathan says he talks about you all the time."

Amy smiled. "Yeah?"

"Uh huh. And I really think you should go to the dinner. I beg you."

"I guess I can make it."

"Do it for me at least," Callie said batting her eyelashes.

Amy laughed. "Ok. Just for you, my baby sis."

The girls hugged. Amy had called Callie her baby sister ever since she knew her because their families had been so close. "I've been going on talking about me, how are you doing?" Amy asked.

Callie looked at her and blushed. "Well, I guess I can tell you now."

Amy looked puzzled. "What?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh my god!" Amy gasped putting her hand over her mouth.

Callie giggled. "I hope you're not going to lecture me on how my baby might not come out normal."

Amy smiled and hugged her again. "Never! I'm happy for you! So happy!"

"Thank you. I just thought you might not be so happy."

"Hey, look I work in a hospital and I deal with a lot of cases where girls get pregnant by their fathers, brother or cousins. Babies come out normal 99 percent of the time."

Callie looked shocked. "Really?"

"Yup. And I know yours will come out beautiful and healthy."

"Thank you Amy," Callie said happily kissing Amy on the cheek.

"You have my support. You can count on me with anything the baby might need."

Callie sighed and smiled. "Well, one thing we do need from you and Eddie is that you be the baby's godparents."

Amy gasped. "Are you serious?"

"Of course! Why not?"

Amy shrugged. "Well because I figured you'd get David and Rebecca."

"I could, but Nathan and I have known you and Eddie a lot longer and we love you both."

"I'd be honored to do it Callie. I'll just have to see if myboyfriend wants to do it."

Callie smiled to herself.Believe me Eddie will do it, she said silently.

* * *

"Rebecca? Rebecca?" David walked in quietly looking for his lover.

There was silence. It was dark. David's heart raced as he walked towards their bedroom. He opened the door and found Rebecca laying on the bed wearing nothing but her high heels and candles lit all around her.

"Hi," she said in a sexy voice.

"H-hello," David gulped staring at her beautiful naked body.

"I'm glad you're finally home. I'd been lonely without you." She smiled seductively.

David walked towards and grabbed her hand. "I have something for you."

Rebecca stared into his eyes. She wanted him so bad. "Hurry up and tell me because I need you right now."

David scoffed and took out a beautiful diamond ring from his pocket. Rebecca sat up and her eyes widened. "I figured this would get your attention," David laughed.