My Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"All kidding aside, Harley, I cared for you from the first time I was with you. No other man has ever made me feel that way. Seeing you with my kids, I grew to love you. I was going to tell you at the celebration in Las Vegas but after I found out how wealthy you are, I was afraid you would think I was with you for your money and it wasn't true. If I would only have told you how I felt before the benefit, before I knew about your finances. I love you for just being you.

I wasn't sure you would believe me if I told you after the benefit, after finding out your financial situation, so I ran and have missed you ever since. So, now that you know how I really feel about you, are you going to have the surgery?"

"Marie, what about the care I'll need and help with the recovery? I can't put you through that."

"I'm a nurse or will soon be one. It's my job to take care of people in need. What would be better than taking care of the man I love? The doctor can take care of the physical side but you and I need to take care of the mental side. I'll be there for you, Harley, I promise. Just say you'll have the surgery and I'll take care of the rest."

"Okay, I'm doing this for you. You better be there when I wake up."

I had the surgery and they found a third growth but were able to remove it along with the other two tumors as well as about a third of my stomach. When I woke up in recovery there was a nurse in a white uniform keeping her promise.

I had to spend nearly a month in the hospital. I did have to have radiation treatment and the doctor and Marie figured it would be better for me to just stay in the hospital. I was feeling better the second week and had a few visitors. June and Bill came to see me.

"Hi there, Harley, how's it going?" asked Bill. "You kind of look like shit," he laughed.

"Don't make me laugh. It hurts too much. I guess they got all the cancer but now it will take a few months of just learning what and how much I can eat. I sure could go for a big juicy steak right now, but it would probably kill me."

June spoke next. "Harley, I know that we always have lived far apart, but you are always with me. You are my big brother, after all. I know Bill and I and even my kids owe our life to you. You were always there for us and never asked for anything in return. I just want you to know that I love you, big brother." June was crying as she leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Hey! Hopefully I'm not dying. Maybe after I get home we can see each other more often. It's not like we can't afford the trip. By the way, June, I spoke with Riley and you and he will be running the brunt of the business. I don't know anyone I trust more than you and Riley."

Bill said, "I see you got the girl. We talked with her and the gal really loves you, Harley. We even met her two kids. I think you're going to love your new life. I know I would. Ouch!" Bill yelled as June slapped him alongside the head.

"Sometime you talk too much, Bill," replied June, but she was smiling and I was holding my stomach trying not to laugh. It just hurt too much.

"Did you bring it with you, June?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll give it to her in a few minutes," replied June.

Marie walked in and gave me a kiss. She was able to convince Ralph that she should be on my floor. She was my nurse now. June asked her to step out of the room for a minute. She told her she had something for her. When they were outside the door June said, "You left your necklace and earrings in the hotel in Las Vegas. Harley told me to bring them to you."

Marie hugged my sister; there wasn't a need for words. She then came running back in the room crying as she hugged me.

"Damn," replied Bill. "It almost makes me want to get sick."

"You keep that shit up and you'll be in a hospital alright, but it won't be because you are sick," laughed June.

Later in the week April and Joe came to see me. April gave me a hug and a light kiss. They asked the usual questions and we talked for awhile.

"Harley, did anyone tell you that, with those last tickets you gave us for the game, April and Marie went with us? The women had as good a time as the kids. After you get out of the hospital and back home I think we'll all be going to the games together. Oh, by the way, the kids bought you something. I left it in the lobby. Let me go get it."

He left and brought back a big bag. I opened it and took out a big #1 finger. Underneath the number the kids wrote, "Get well soon, Uncle Harley, we love you," and the four kids signed it. For some reason it made me cry. I mean tears and all. Just the thought of these little kids thinking about me while they were at the game did it to me. April came to me and gave me another hug.

It was about time for me to leave the hospital and to go home. Marie came in and said I had a couple of special visitors. I looked up and in came Annie and Billy.

"I got permission to let them come up and see you. They ask about you all the time."

"Uncle Harley, did Mom tell you that we're going to live with you?" said Billy.

"Billy, you weren't supposed to tell him yet. We were supposed to ask him if it was alright?"

Annie added earnestly, "We went to your house and cleaned it."

"Annie, you shouldn't say that," spoke Marie.

"But we did, Mommy, I'm just telling the truth. Mommy even let us go in the hot tub, didn't you, Mommy? But she went in with us. She said she couldn't wait to go in it with you."

"Annie! I think you said enough."

Billy took another turn. "Uncle Harley, you have a lot of puters. Are they all sick? Are you going to fix them? Can me and Annie each have our own? Mommy keeps playing game on ours and we don't get to play much."

I was laughing so hard it hurt. Having these two around was going to be great. "Billy, Annie, as soon as I get well, I'll fix you both up with your own puter - I mean, computer. Mommy can have her own also. As far as the hot tub goes, you can go in anytime your mom says it's okay."

---------------------------------

Epilogue:

It's been three months since I left the hospital. I was moving around pretty good. Marie and the kids did move in with me. I needed a home health nurse and of course Marie applied for the job and got it. It wasn't much of a surprise, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She kept her job at the hospital and I was her only home health patient. One day she said that it was funny that she got paid to take care of me.

I reminded her that, that was how we met - her taking care of me.

"Harley, can you ever forgive me for my past?"

"Honey, we all have pasts. I did the same as you for years, only I was the payee. It"s the future that counts for us."

One day Marie and April went shopping and I was watching the kids. I was just sitting and relaxing in the middle of my king size bed doing a little paper work. I heard the kids in the hall.

"You ask him."

"No, you ask him."

"You always say you're older, so you should ask him."

"Let's ask him together."

I glanced up and the kids came into my room and one of them sat on either side of me and sat up the way I was sitting.

Billy went first, "Uncle Harley, do you love mommy?"

"As a matter of fact, Billy, I do. Why are you asking me?"

"Mommy is going to ask you to marry her. 'Member I told you she said she wanted to marry a doctor. Since you're a doctor of puters, I guess that counts."

"Who told you she was going to ask me to get married, Billy?"

"I know, I know," said Annie.

"Okay, Annie, who told you?"

"Mommy did! She asked me and Billy if we would mind it if you and her got married. We told her we loved you Uncle Harley but we wouldn't mind calling you daddy either."

"Kids, does your mother know you are asking me these questions?"

"No. Why, Uncle Harley?"

"Don't look now but your mother is in the doorway with her arms folded."

"Uh, oh, are we in big trouble again, Uncle Harley?" ask Billy.

"I don't think so because she's smiling."

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments are always welcome.

DG Hear