All Comments on 'My Number Ch. 15: The Final Chapter'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusabout 7 years ago
Sweet ride to the very end

As much as I'm sad to see this end I'm also happy it retained the style and sweetness it had when it first drew me in. Everything went well, the MCs got their "dream" wedding, Amanda got the flowers and the engagement she wanted, Daves sister got engaged too, the honeymoon went by without anybody being eaten by the cute bears, and her first career day was a success as well. What more is there to say but to be thankful for the wonderful romance filled 15 chapters, hope to see loads more of such stories form you soon.

5* for the chapter and the series!

Now that this one's done with maybe get back to some of your other stories *wink* Under the Tuscan sun, The Chronicles of Mark and Jennifer, Emily *wink*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Congrats on finishing! I enjoyed this one, in spite of some misgivings. (You may remember me as the guy who took issue with her seeming to stop taking care of her appearance once she'd hooked Dave, and her having pulled a train.) I enjoyed the sweet ending. I was afraid with him joining the military and his admission to her that he'd forgive her if she cheated, you were going to go that route, but you ended it with her first day at work and we all got to dodge that bullet, so to speak.

Nicely done! I'm a bit concerned for Eric, since Amanda seems fairly unenthusiastic about the guy and has already cheated once, but that may be a story for another time. Thanks for sharing your talent.

crazycujocrazycujoalmost 7 years ago
A great story!

it's kind of sad to see it finally end, but it was a great ending. everyone ended up in a good place including the parents, friends and siblings. now when you can, please finish emily, tuscany, and a couple of others that are kind of hanging waiting for an ending, hopefully a romantic, happy one. many thanks for posting the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

End? Perhaps you could tell us about Dave's career in the military.

rodryder44rodryder44over 6 years ago

I agree with anonymous that the story should continue with his military service. Marci has to tell him 'the number', their breakup and getting back together.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
So????

With a 15 chapter weight of "the number" hanging over this story it is incredible that it never got into the works at all. (I had thought that she might have told him that her number was 5....5 just as the guest at the party she describes except that instead of just repeating the 5 she was really saying 55 which was her acctual number.) This tale takes an abrupt right turn when out of a clear blue sky Dave decides to join the Army. (By the way, having been an ROTC officer out of college I am not aware of any program you can enter in your junior year. In my day, freshman and sophmore ROTC were unpaid and you attend classes and weekly drills. You then have to opt-in for junior and senior ROTC where you get a minimal stipend, a "basic training" kind of summer camp between the two years and then commissioning as a Second Lieutenant after graduation. There are several options on how to fulfil your active duty/reserve duty committment after that. In my day you couldn't join in your junior year. Maybe it's changed.) In any case however he gets in it still is a very sudden change in their plans. And doesn't get at all into the idea of "the number". For something that was most important all along this story it certainly fades into a maze of insipid sex scenes and family get togethers. It was well written considering the material had to revolve around 2 or maybe 4 very immature people so I kept giving the chapters 4*. But adding all the 4* up gives a net result at the end of 2*. It was like running a mile and then falling into a pit at the end. Straight down. Maybe some of the other commenters are right. Keep going. (There used to be a radio comedy show called "Can you top This" where a comedian would tell a joke submitted by the listening audience and then the studio audience's laughter reaction would register on the "laugh meter". Other guest comedians would tell jokes they knew trying to get more laughs than the original joke - in other words: "topping" the original joke. One regular was "Colonel" Ford and he would tell some ghastly joke and when the meter didn't "top" the original, he'd keep going and expand on the joke trying to "top" the original with ad lib additions to his original joke. He invariably had to give up, but he was entertaining with the silliness of his effort. Perhaps this author should take a page out of Colonol Ford's book and just keep going trying to "top" his lame finale.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice story

Smooth and gentle. Not much tension, however. By the way "to gradate" is an active, not a passive, verb. One isn't graduated; one graduates. "He graduated from high school" not "he was graduated from high school" nor "he graduated high school."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

I liked it. Keep reading til the end. Thanks for your time and efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice story

Overall, nice take with a happy ending. Had to be to hang in there for 15 chapters. Without any significant plot twists, maybe a few less chapters would tighten up the story. At times seemed too much “dear diary”.

GHreaderGHreaderover 4 years ago
Masterful Dialog

What a fun story! The dialog was so much fun to read.

It felt like conversation with good friends. Emotional, sensual, and funny, sometimes in the same paragraph.

Thank you for sharing your stories here on Literotica. I am glad I found your bookshelf. I think I will spend some more time browsing here.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 4 years ago
Feels kind of incomplete

I found the ending needing more. It just left me hanging without a closure..

hectarehectarealmost 4 years ago
8 years

In the Army is a long time.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Reasonable

Reasonable story,though spoilt some what by the length.With her track record,I don't think a career in the army is a wise move.

Pickles7287Pickles728712 months ago

Pleasant feel good with good dialogue but needed some tension to make it more interesting

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
Enjoyable

Enjoyable story,but I would have liked some marriage history.With her background,did she avoid cheating on Dave whilst he was away?.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous