New Girl in Town Pt. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As much as I'm sure Coach Morrison and the team appreciate your enthusiastic applause but, like me, they want to head home in a little while," He states.

The crowd quiets down and Coach Morrison takes the mic.

"Thank you all for this amazing reception! We appreciate all of you that came out to watch us at the tournament and all of you for your support this year. We have been truly overwhelmed by the outpouring of love you all have bestowed upon us," She tells them. "We are truly grateful!"

Again the crowd cheers then slowly quiets back down.

"Coach Morrison," Tabitha says to her. "We elected Jess to say a few words on our behalf."

Coach Morrison nods and introduces Jessica.

"I've just been told that the team would like to say a few words so it's my privilege to introduce you to our team captain, one of our two players that were selected to the All State team and our tournament MVP, Jessica Golden!" She introduces her with a radiant smile.

A cacophonous cheer goes up and the student body stands again for her. Jessica blushes slightly but pushes on and begins to speak.

"First of all, I want to thank every single one of you for your support this year! Principal Owen, your support has been amazing and we appreciate it so much!" She begins then points to the crowd. "And to our amazing student body, you guys... you guys have been amazing to us from game one until that last match point and it's meant the world to both us and our JV teammates! They were instrumental in making us the best that we could be and next year they are going to be up here celebrating their own win in the state championship!"

The JV girls cheer loudly at this as do the rest of the crowd.

"Now, we have a few people that we, as a team, would like to acknowledge." She continues.

She looks over at the team who are all trying and failing to hide their amusement at what is about to happen.

"We would like Jake Gibson, hero of the homecoming game and my boyfriend, to come up to the stage please," She says with a grin.

From the middle of the auditorium Jake rises from his seat shaking his head as the auditorium erupts into cheers for him.

"Hey, baby," Jessica whispers to him as he joins her on the stage.

"Hey," he answers flushing with embarrassment at the attention. "What is going on?"

"You'll see," She grins at him then lifts the microphone to continue. "We girls would like to acknowledge Jake's contribution to the team over our last few games. Tonya and Tabitha, could you please present Jake with our gift to him?"

Tonya and Tabitha walk over each holding a small gift bag and present them to Jake. He looks in the first one and starts to laugh.

"Don't leave us hanging, Jess!" Staci shouts from the audience. "What's in the bag, Jake! Don't make me come up there!"

"Yeah!" Antoine shouts. "What did you get my boy, Wildcat!"

Jessica laughs and shakes her head as she answers.

"Jake has been our team masseuse so we all got together and got him... Jake?" She says then pauses as she puts the microphone in front of him to answer.

"A bottle of coconut oil and a book on massage techniques," He answers with a chuckle. "Thank you all. I will get a lot of use out of both."

Tonya grabs him in a hug which leads to Tabitha hugging him followed by the rest of the team.

"Okay, one more and we're done!" Jessica tells them and turns to Coach Morrison. "Coach, you have been our coach, our friend, our mentor and our champion all year long so we want to present you with the game ball from the tournament."

Caitlyn presents it to Coach Morrison who thanks her with a hug.

"We all signed it with our own little messages for you but the most important message is," She pauses and nods towards the rest of the team who call out as one, "We love you, Coach!"

Tears appear in Coach Morrison's eyes as she goes about hugging and thanking each player on the team. Jessica hands the mic back to Principal Owen who, with a smile, dismisses the assembly and school for the rest of the day.

****

Tuesday

"You seriously called her back?" Shelly asks as the lunch bunch convenes inside the cafeteria due to it raining outside.

"I seriously did," Jessica answers as she pops a tater tot into her mouth.

"She did promise," Staci parrots in her best impersonation of Jessica's voice.

"Be nice, Staci," Ray chuckles as he swipes a tot from her tray.

"Hey, that's mine!" She shouts then makes a grab for it as Ray tries to pop it into his mouth.

While she play wrestles with Ray, Jake snags another from her tray and pops it into his mouth.

"Hey!" Staci cries out as she watches it fall into Jake's mouth.

"Snooze you lose, Staci," Jake laughs.

"Jessica, control your man!" Staci tells her.

"Jake, play nice," Jessica states. "And grab your wonderful girlfriend a tot too next time."

"Yes, sweetie," Jake answers.

"That's not the kind of control I mean, Jess!" Staci argues while still wrestling with Ray.

"It's the kind of control that Jess likes to wield though," Roxie laughs. "Jake keeps her fed and you keep yelling."

"You love my yelling, Foxy Roxie!" Staci shouts with glee.

"Are you going to tell Jamie about what you've set up or not?" Shelly asks bringing the conversation back.

"I don't know if they really will show so I don't see the point in getting his hopes up if they don't for some reason." She answers.

"Because it would be fun to watch his face when they don't show up and he gets all sad about it." Bobby states.

"That would be a Patrick move, Bobby," Jake tells him. "And we don't play that way. We're better than all that."

"You might be," Bobby chuckles. "Then again you did just steal another tater tot from Staci so maybe you aren't."

"JAKE!" Staci shouts snapping her head around to glare at Jake.

"I'm innocent," Jake declares but a smiling and munching Jessica tells the true tale.

"I will get you back, Jake," Staci warns him.

The overhead speaker sparks to life from the other side of the cafeteria.

"Jake Gibson, please report to the office. Jake Gibson to the office."

It crackles then falls silent.

"Damn, you work fast, Staci," Jake comments as he gets to his feet.

"Hey you were warned, Jake," She giggles.

"I'll get your tray," Jessica tells him.

He leans down and kisses her briefly.

"What do you think this is about?" she asks him.

"Probably going to get a lecture about the coconut oil and massage book your team got me," He chuckles.

"No," Jessica answers then stops. "Wait. You really think that's it?"

"Probably not but I don't know any other reason but I guess I'll find out," He answers. "I'll either be back or catch you in Biology."

He grabs his bookbag, slings it over his shoulder and heads towards the office. Somer is at her post at the front desk and gives him a smile as he enters.

"Hey, Jake," She says flirtatiously. "How are things going? You wouldn't happen to have an of that coconut oil on you would you? I have a few spots that could use your..."

"No," Jake answers curtly cutting her off midsentence. "Who needed me?"

Somer is taken aback by his abruptness and stammers her reply.

"Mrs... uh Santora needed you," She answers. "I'll let her know that you're here."

"Thank you," Jake answers.

Somer grabs the phone up and speaks to Mrs. Santora.

"She'll see you now," She answers.

"Thanks again, Somer," Jake states then walks to Mrs. Santora's office.

"Hello, Jake," Mrs. Santora greets him as he pokes his head in her office. "Sorry for cutting into your lunch but I wanted to let you know the good news."

"Good news?" He asks as he takes the offered seat.

"Oh, I thought that you would know about the request," She states.

"From one of the colleges I applied to?" Jake asks curiously.

"Unless you applied for this one without my knowledge," She answers as she brings up the request. "We got a request for your academic records and your extracurricular activities from... UCLA."

"UCLA?" Jake asks. "Southern California? That UCLA?"

"The very one," She answers proudly. "I sent them to a Ms. Langston for review and she said some very positive things about both once she skimmed over them. She was looking forward to passing them along for academic review for possible scholarships."

"Scholarships? As in plural," Jake asks.

"She is going to have the academic offices send me a couple that she wants me to go over and fill out with you if you're interested in going to sunny Southern California that is, Jake," She smiles.

"I never even dreamed that it would be possible but I am definitely interested, Mrs. Santora," Jake assured her.

"Great," She smiled at him. "I'll let you know when I get the paperwork and we can set up a time to fill them out. Sound good?"

"Sounds unbelievable," Jake replies.

"Start believing it, Jake," She laughs.

He nods, gets to his feet and thanks her as she assures him that she'll let him know as soon as she has the paperwork.

"Good news, Jake?" Somer asks as Jake walks back into the main office area.

"Pretty great," Jake acknowledges. "Looks like I may be eligible for some scholarships."

"Congrats on that," She smiles at him. "That's great news!"

"Yep," Jake agrees. "And I need to go talk to my sneaky girlfriend about it. See ya, Somer!"

"Huh," Somer asks wondering why Jake called Jessica sneaky. She calls out a belated goodbye to the closing door as Jake ducks quickly out so he can get to Biology class ahead of Jessica.

****

Jessica walks into Biology chatting with Lee Ann and Dean when she sees Jake already seated at their table. She smiles at him but he doesn't return it causing her to worry.

"Hey, Jake," Dean calls out. "Not in trouble are you?"

"I'm not," Jake answers while staring at Jessica who is no longer smiling.

"Uh oh," Lee Ann states then looks at Jessica. "What did you do, Jess?"

"I don't know but I get the feeling I'm about to find out. Wish me luck," Jessica answers.

They nod and walk over to their desks as Jessica stops at hers, standing over Jake with a worried look on her face.

"What... uh... what's up?" She asks.

"Anything you want to share with me, Jess?" He asks her.

"Not if you don't clue me in at what I should be sharing, Jake." She answers.

She sits her books on the table and takes her seat beside him.

"A school has asked for my transcripts. One that I know I haven't applied to," Jake states. "This ringing any bells for you, Jess?"

"UCLA asked for your transcripts? What did Mrs. Santora say? What did UCLA say back? This is for real happening? Like for real, for real?" Jessica rapid fires her questions revealing her excitement.

She's literally bouncing in her chair when Mrs. Harper enters her room.

"Is everything all right over there, Jessica?" She asks.

"I think so. I hope so," Jessica answers with a big smile on her face. "Jake, everything is all right isn't it?"

"Yes, everything is fine even if you lied to me. I thought that we didn't do that, Jessica," He fake pouts at her.

"What I did was more of an omission than it was a lie," She defends herself.

"Omission, huh? Those are allowed?" Jake asks.

"I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if Ms. Langston wasn't able to come through for us," She explains. "It sounds like she did though or at least she's trying, right?"

"She's trying," Jake confirms. "Who is this Ms. Langston anyway?"

"Remember that tall blonde lady that came up and talked to me after we won the championship?" Jessica asks. "That was her."

"Wow, she was... uh..." Jake starts to say before his brain catches up with his mouth.

"Gorgeous," Jessica laughs. "You can say it, Jake. That woman is gorgeous!"

"She reminded me of a future you," He states.

"I hope I look that good!" Jessica comments.

"You already do," Jake says and gets a smile from Jessica.

"You're sweet," She tells him as the bell rings. "I'll thank you and tell you more about this other Jessica after class. I am so excited something positive is happening with this!"

"You are too cute at times," Jake chuckles as a few stragglers enter the classroom.

Mrs. Harper calls for attention and begins her lesson.

****

Jake is laughing with Des, Antoine and Ray as the team are getting changed for practice when Coach Yates calls out to him.

"Jake, my office," He states.

Jake tugs his practice jersey on and grabs his helmet before heading into Yates office.

"Yes, Coach?" Jake asks as he sticks his head in to doorway.

Patrick is seated inside and he doesn't look very happy.

"You aren't planning on missing any practices this week right, Jake?" Coach Yates asks.

"No, Coach," Jake answers.

"Good because we're going to run a two quarterback set this Friday," He explains. "Patrick gets the start but I'll rotate you in and out as the game situation demands."

"Sounds good, Coach," Jake nods. "I'm still with the defense at practice though?"

"You are," Yates answers. "They've been playing great and I want them to keep it up so you'll stay with them to keep them sharp. Got it?"

"Yes, Coach," Jake answers.

Patrick scowls but doesn't say anything. Jake figures that he was told of Yates decision first so he could pitch his fit in private.

"Dismissed," Coach Yates says to Jake who nods and heads out into the locker room just as Antoine is heading out the door.

"Hold up, Tank," Jake calls out then jogs to catch up with him.

"What did Yates want with you, Jake?" he asks as the pair head towards the field.

"He wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to miss any practice this week," Jake answers.

"He's finally going to start you?" Antoine asks. "'Bout damn time, Jake!"

"That wasn't it," Jake answers with a chuckle then explains what Coach Yates wanted.

"Man, that sucks but at least you're playing," He states.

"Yeah," Jake agrees. "At least I'm playing."

"You're playing huh," Ray comments as the pair catch up to him. "Guess that means I need to get ready to catch some of those ugly passes of yours."

"You'll have a lot of practice with Captain Wonderful over there throwing passes," Antoine laughs.

"Ugh, don't remind me," Ray shakes his head. "Patrick know you're playing this week?"

"We're swapping in and out and yeah, he was in Yates' office when I was clued in," Jake answers him.

"Well this practice is gonna be fun," Ray replies sarcastically.

"Enjoy, man," Antoine chuckles as Ray jogs over to join the offense.

Coach Pennington has Jake throw a lot of short out route passes since their next opponent utilizes them. After ten minutes the first time receivers jog over to them.

"Guys," Coach Pennington greets them. "What's up?"

"Coach Yates sent us over," Ray tells him. "They're working on mostly run plays so we're to swap out with your receivers so Jake will have his usual targets to throw to."

Coach Pennington nods and swaps out the receivers then resumes practice. At the end of practice Jake asks the offense to hang around a little longer to work on a play he wants to try at the next practice. They agree and spend ten minutes working on it until they feel it's the best they can get it.

"We'll run it Thursday and see how it goes," Jake states as they jog off the field together.

"Coach Pennington is going to love this," Ray laughs then slaps Jake's shoulder pads. "You are going to get creamed probably but that's half the fun."

"Just tell Staci to get the hot tub ready for me if I do," Jake tells him with a chuckle as they head into the locker room to change.

****

Wednesday

"So you're sure that you and Mrs. Santora got them all filled out correctly?" Jessica asks as she and Jake are seated on his dining room table after school.

Their homework is strewn across the table in what they are calling organized chaos. Jake's mom took one look at it and shook her head.

"We really do have a system, Mrs. Gibson," Jessica explained to her.

She smiled at Jessica warmly and nodded before heading off to do laundry.

"I'm sure," Jake answers with a grin. "We checked and double checked before we sent them off even."

"No triple check?" She asks.

"No time for a triple check but I'm sure that Ms. Langston will clue us in for anything that we missed," He tells her and gives her a smile. "It's going to be fine, Jess."

"I hope so, Jake," She answers him. "I just really want you out there with me so any chance we have to make that a reality, I just want us to do all we can to make it happen."

Jake takes her hands and pulls her to face him.

"We'll figure out a way to make this happen, Jess," He states. "We'll find a way."

"Even if you end up having to sell surfboards by the seashore?" she asks trying to make a joke.

"Even if," He answers trying his best to sound more certain than he is.

Jake's dad is standing just outside the kitchen and overhears the conversation between the kids. He turns and heads upstairs into the bedroom and picks up his phone.

"Tim, it's Wes," He says into it.

"Hey, Wes, how is everything?" Mr. Golden asks.

"Pretty good," He answers. "Tim, how much do you know about the kids wanting to go off to the same college?"

"Heard about that did you?" He asks. "Val overheard them talking last week about it and mentioned it to me. It's not the worst idea I've ever heard. We are quite fond of Jake."

"And we love Jessica but I'm just not sure how feasible it would be on our end," Mr. Gibson explains. "Pam's accident a few years back forced us to dip into Jake's college savings and Jess is talking about California. I'm just not sure that can happen for Jake."

"Jessica came home all excited about some academic scholarships that Jake may be eligible for," Tim states. "I'm sure that Jake will be able to get help there."

"That would be great if it happens but if it doesn't..." Mr. Gibson states shaking his head. "I just don't want them to be disappointed."

"Me either," He concurs. "Wes, I have been working on something but I don't have anything set in concrete yet so I don't want to say much about it. Just know that there's things going on that may help make our kid's dream a reality. I'll let you know more when I get more information on it."

"That would be great, Tim," Mr. Gibson answers feeling a little relieved. "I really appreciate it."

"And Val and I appreciate everything that you and Pam have done for Jessica and our family, Wes," He shares. "You've made us all feel welcome here and Jake, what can I say about him that I haven't said already?"

"Probably the same glowing things I could say about Jessica," Wes chuckles.

"Probably so," Tim laughs as well. "I will keep you in the loop, Wes. As soon as I know anything, I'll let you know."

"I would appreciate that, Tim." He answers him. "Thanks for letting me know. I'll talk at you later."

After Jake drives Jessica home his dad calls him into the living room.

"Did I overhear you and Jess talking about you filling out forms for possible scholarships?" He asks as Jake leans against the wall.

"We were," Jake confirms. "Not sure anything will come from them but I took a shot."

"UCLA, huh?" His dad asks.

"They've been after Jess since she was a sophomore and she got some paperwork today. She's got a full ride there," Jake answers. "She's dreamed of going there since she was a freshman and it's happening for her."

"And part of getting her is them trying to get you too?" He asks.

"Ms. Langston, she's part of Jessica's recruitment, said that she would do what she could and so far she has," Jake tells him. "She got my academic transcripts and my extra curricular records and passed them along. They were impressed enough to send out some forms for me to apply. Mrs. Santora and I filled them out today and sent them back."

"When will you hear back on it?" His dad asks.