New Girl in Town Pt. 16

Story Info
Will the arrival of a new girl at school change his luck?
35k words
4.88
101k
149

Part 16 of the 25 part series

Updated 01/21/2024
Created 09/08/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you all for your patience. I wanted this last chapter to be the best it could be. I hope I pulled it off.

Huge thanks again to Devir Ginator for editing and story idea help. It was invaluable!

To Jessica : You've made me a better writer and a better person and I thank you for everything. Tyler , keep taking great care of our girl!

Many thanks as well to NycReader for the amazing comments and for your help.

Lastly, thank you to all you readers. Your comments, feedback and votes really made this series a joy to write!

New Girl in Town ends here but these characters will return in the future. They're too fun to leave alone for long.

****

"What are you doing?" Jessica confusingly whispers to Jake as Jamie looks over towards them.

"It looks like Jamie needs a ride." Jake replies.

"Jake?" Both Jamie and Jessica say at the same time.

"It's fine." Jake assures Jessica as he waves Jamie over.

"I guess you saw all that, huh?" Jamie asks as he kneels down to look into the passenger window.

"Kind of hard to miss." Jake answers him. "We didn't hear what started it but..."

"Just Patrick being Patrick," Jamie sighs. "I should be used to it by now but I'm just done with it, ya know?"

"I get that." Jake answers.

"Yeah, if anyone would, it'd be you." Jamie nods.

Jake makes a show of looking around the mostly empty parking lot

"Looks like you could use a ride home." He states.

"I can just call my dad, Jake. It's fine. I don't want to uh... upset anybody." He answers as he looks across Jake at the unhappy look on Jessica's face.

"Come on and hop in, Jamie." Jake insists. "You're on our way. It won't be a problem."

Jamie looks perplexed at the suggestion then glances over at Jessica whose frown has deepened.

"That's probably not a great idea, Jake." He states.

"Maybe not but we aren't going to leave you here so let me hop in the back." Jake states pulling the handle.

Jamie steps out of the way as Jake jumps out, pulls the seat up and hops into the back before either Jamie or Jessica can stop him.

"Jessica, is this okay with you?" He asks standing with the door ajar.

"Not really but Jake's insisting so hop in and let's get this over with," She answers him.

He nods and maneuvers his larger frame into the passenger seat of Jessica's car pulling the door closed with a slight thunk.

"Jess, just head out like we're going to your house," Jake instructs her as he tries to get comfortable in the small backseat. "Wow, there really is no backseat in this thing!"

"You're not just now figuring that out are you, Jake?" Jamie chuckles but stops when Jessica makes an aggravated noise with her nose.

"Thanks for this, Jessica," He says instead. "My dad would have had to leave work to come pick me up. It would take him an hour to get here."

"That would have sucked," She answers in a way that tells him that she would have been glad that it sucked.

He glances over his shoulder at Jake who is still moving around to try and get comfortable. Jake finally slides behind Jessica then stretches his legs out on the seat behind Jamie.

"You cool now, Jake?" Jamie asks.

"I'll never be that," Jake laughs. "I am a little more comfortable though."

"Well it was cool of you to put the team first and tell me about the Newport quarterback." Jamie states then looks at Jessica. "Jake told me that if I went for the ball on that last play, I could possibly win us the game."

"And you did win it for us," Jake chimes in.

"It wouldn't have been that close if Jake had been put in the game over Patrick," Jessica tells Jamie.

"No argument from me on that. Patrick was nothing but a whiny asshole at the practices that you missed, Jake." Jamie tells them. "He's been like that for awhile now honestly but it got worse when you weren't around. He really wanted to make sure that Yates wasn't going to play you this week."

"He's pathetic," Jessica comments as she drives the darkened streets.

"You can say that again." Jamie shares.

"What were you two arguing about?" Jake asks then taps Jessica's shoulder. "Take a left up ahead."

She nods and flips on her signal as she slows to make the turn.

"He was mad about that, mad about me talking to a recruiter from Florida State, mad that I told the guy that it was you that gave me the advice that won the game and not him," Jamie answers.

"Wait, you told a recruiter that Jake told you that?" Jessica asks surprised. "Why would you do that?"

"I'm kind of wondering the same, Jamie," Jake comments then tells Jessica to make another left turn.

"It's up here on the right." Jamie tells her pointing to a trailer park that sits just off the road. "I told the recruiter that because it was the truth and hell... I owe you, Jake."

"Not that I'm not glad to hear this, Jamie, but what exactly brought this change of heart on?" Jessica asks.

"My place is the one straight ahead," He tells her before answering her question. "A lot of little things started to add up. Patrick and I went to this party and I met this girl. We were hitting it off, you know? She's really cute and funny but Patrick got pissed because he was laughed at by the girl he was with and made me leave. I didn't even get a chance to get anything but her first name. Marie. Super cute name, right? Anyway, I walked away from Patrick after that but realized that I didn't have any friends left. Neither did he so we just drifted back to each other for lack of better options."

"He got laughed at, huh?" Jessica can't help but giggle.

Jamie laughs himself. "Yeah, he charmed his way into some girl's pants but when he was done even faster than his infamous two minutes, she laughed at him. He started complaining that you two were the reason for his problems and got even more pissed when I told him that instead of whining about it that he should have listened to what you told him and change his ways."

"Yeah, I can't see that going over well with Patrick." Jake laughs.

"It really didn't but it's the truth. I appreciate the ride, you guys." He tells them as he opens the door and climbs out.

"Not a problem." Jake answers as he climbs out of the backseat. "We'll see you Monday."

"Yeah, see you Monday and thanks again for the ride, Jessica. It means a lot and I love your car!" Jamie says giving her a nod before heading for his front door.

Jessica waits until Jamie open his front door before looking over at Jake.

"Do you want to explain to me why in the hell we just did that?" She asks as she puts her car in reverse.

"We couldn't just leave him standing there, could we?" Jake asks.

"We absolutely could, Jake," Jessica states. "He hurt you. You were lucky that you weren't hurt worse by how he slammed you into the ground. Leaving him standing alone in the school parking lot for an hour is the least he deserves from us. I think we need to have your head checked out because those punches you took seemed to have rattled something loose. You don't have another concussion, do you?"

"I'm not concussed, Jess." Jake tells her. "Jamie and I will never be friends, he's done too much over the years for that but if we don't have to be enemies any more that's fine with me. I'm done with all that crap."

"And if Patrick isn't done with it?" She asks as she heads for her house.

"Well, I've shown that I can take a punch." Jake laughs pointing towards the cut on his cheek. "I figure I can take another if I have to."

"If he throws a punch at you, I'll make him wish that I had hit him with that spike earlier this year." Jessica states with a grin. "No one messes with my man!"

"No one, huh?" Jake asks as he reaches over, placing his hand on her jean clad thigh.

"Well all the Misfits get a pass of course." Jessica laughs. "Oh and Antoine and Des get to smack you around at practice. Ms. Simpson has a lifetime pass and Coach Pennington too."

"You're naming a lot of people here, Jess." Jake points.

"Sarah and me, of course," Jessica continues unabated. "My dad, your dad, Mr. Fishel, Mrs. Smitty..."

Jessica keeps naming names causing Jake to laugh as they drive on towards his house.

****

Saturday, November 25

"So you and Jake are set for tonight right, Jess?" Staci asks as she and Jessica are arranging the snacks on Staci's dining room table.

It's mid-afternoon, just a few hours away from the victory party being thrown for Jessica's team at Staci's house. Most of the Misfits are there helping get everything set up for the nights festivities. Jessica, Staci and Marybeth are setting up the dining room table while Roxie, C.C. and Jody are in the kitchen cooking.

"We talked to both my mom and his after I took him home last night," Jessica answers her. "They called your mom so we are staying the night tonight which you should already know about since my overnight bag is upstairs."

"True but it's fun to hear you say you and Jake are staying the night." Staci laughs as she places a bowl on the table to be filled with chips later. "Has Shelly checked in with you?"

"Texted me this morning," Jessica answers. "She and Tom had a, and I'm quoting here, Great night!"

"Ooo, go Shell!" Marybeth enthuses as she places paper plates and napkins.

"You are one to talk, Miss Ejaculations," Staci giggles.

Marybeth flushes red but giggles just the same.

"I cannot be held responsible for that! I was under duress when I sent that." Marybeth states.

"I think that you meant to say that you were under Bobby at the time, Marybeth," Jessica giggles.

"Well Jake was behind you at the time so you have no room to talk. Or was it because your mouth was full of Jake at the time, I forget?" Staci teases her.

"Congrats on that by the way, Jess!" Marybeth tells her. "It was great, right?"

"So great!" Jessica agrees excitedly. "I got super turned on when I saw the affect that it had on him."

"He did that cute little face that's half grateful and half not believing that it's actually happening, right? Ray does that and it's so cute!" Staci laughs.

"That was kind of Bobby's look." Marybeth answers. "He looked so confused but then so happy at the same time."

"That's Bobby's usual look, Marybeth." Roxie says as she joins them at the table. "I imagine Jake will look much the same when he sees Jess here in her swimsuit. You did bring it, didn't you?"

"It's in my bag upstairs but isn't it too cold for the hot tub tonight? And yes, I know that it's hot in said hot tub but we do have to get out eventually." Jessica states.

"I can't imagine pruney Jess looking all sexy so I agree that you do have to get out of the tub at some point." Roxie giggles.

"She is not, I assure you." Jessica laughs.

"We'll have robes and a heater so you don't get that cold when you get out." Staci assures her then turns to Roxie. "What are you cooking up in the kitchen, Foxy Roxie? It smells really yummy!"

"I've got a batch of my peanut butter cookies that Jake loves so much in the oven. Consider it my little bit of revenge on his butt. Making him smell them baking all day but not being able to get even a crumb." Roxie says. "What in the hell was he thinking getting friendly with Jamie? Jamie of all people!"

"I made the same argument, Rox. Well, sans yummy smelling cookies obviously but still." Staci tells her.

"Jake made it perfectly clear to me that he'll never be friends with Jamie." Jessica states. "Jake told me that all the crap Jamie did to you was reason enough to not be his friend but you know how he is, Roxie."

"Nice to a fault our Jake," Roxie sighs. "I know, Jess, and that's why we all love the moron."

"That we do, Roxie." Jessica agrees as she looks out the sliding glass door to where Jake, Ray, Javier and Bobby are getting the outside ready for the party.

"You love him because he makes you scream his name, naughty Jess." Staci teases.

"TMI, Staci!" Roxie laughs.

"You love it!" Staci counters giving Roxie a bump with her hip.

"I don't know, Rox, I think that it's just the right amount of info," Marybeth giggles.

"I love the big goof for much more than that, Staci, and you know it!" Jessica exclaims then with a sly smile adds, "His ability to make me scream his name is just a bonus. A wonderfully, amazing bonus."

****

"Yeah, I brought my swim trunks." Jake answers Ray's question as he places another piece of wood on the chopping block. "Won't it be too cold for that after the party though? I mean I am chopping firewood here, Ray."

"The keyword in hot tub is hot , Jake." Ray laughs.

Jake and Ray had wrangled Javier into helping them chop and collect more wood for the fire pit leaving Bobby to arrange the tables. Jake brings down the axe, cleaving the piece of wood in two then Javier adds it to the small pile they have made.

"No kidding," Jake tells him. "I just know that at some point you have to get out of the hot tub. It's a little far away from the fire pit."

"Staci's mom has got this portable heater that we lay our towels near so they're nice and warm when we get out of the tub." Ray tells him. "Besides, warming back up after you get out is half the fun. Sounds good, right?"

"Sounds like a fire hazard." Javier answers.

"What Javier said." Jake laughs.

"It's safe!" Ray argues then smirks. "Safer than giving Jamie a ride home I might add. What in the hell were you thinking?"

"What Ray said," Javier echoes with a chuckle.

"Honestly, I don't really know." Jake answers. "It just seemed like the right thing to do and he did say that he talked me up to a recruiter from Florida State."

"And you believe him?" Javier asks.

"He could have lied about that I suppose but he was already in the car when he told us. I can't see any reason he'd lie about it." Jake answers.

"That makes sense but it doesn't really matter does it?" Ray asks.

"Not really," Jake answers. "For how he treated Roxie alone is reason enough for me to..."

Ray's laughter interrupts him.

"Dude, I know that you're never gonna be friends with Jamie. That asshole hit you with a cheap shot and damn near broke your shoulder!"

"And his head." Javier adds.

"Right, Javier, and your head. I think that getting punched by Jess's ex concussed you again." Ray states.

"It didn't and Jess and I already had this conversation. She even asked her mom to check me over this morning when I picked her up." Jake argues.

"She's a smart one that Jess." Ray states. "But what I meant was that it didn't matter that Jamie talked you up to the Florida State guy."

"I doubt it." Jake shakes his head. "I'm still just a back up and Jess has her heart set on UCLA. I guess I'm going to have to learn how to sell surf boards or something, huh?"

"You on a surfboard? This I will have to come see." Bobby chimes in.

"I said selling not surfing." Jake responds.

"You can't sell something that you haven't tried yourself, Jake." Javier remarks. "Every salesman will tell you that."

"What about people that sell grave plots?" Ray asks with a chuckle.

"They dig a hole." Javier says. "We've all dug holes before."

"I guess that I have to learn to surf then." Jake laughs.

"A shark is going to take chunk out of you when your out there floundering around on a surfboard, Jake," Bobby comments with a chuckle.

"You're seriously considering UCLA, Jake? Can you even get in there?" Ray asks.

"I guess I'll find out." Jake answers with a shrug. "I've looked at Cal State Fullerton, Santa Ana and a few other schools that are close to UCLA if I can't get in there."

"Well let's hope that it does work out." Bobby states. "It'd look weird if I went out to California to see just Jessica."

"You'd go anyway." Jake laughs.

"Hell yeah I'll go anyway!" Bobby exclaims. "I might feel bad for a half a second until I look up and see the Hollywood sign then I won't give you another thought."

"I love you too, Bobby." Jake says with a shake of his head.

"Dude, I know that." Bobby quips breaking up the group into a fit of laughter.

****

The party is a rousing success. The volleyball team are treated like the belle's of the ball. They're congratulated by every person that comes to the party, hugged by most and danced with by several. Jake and Jessica start the dancing and soon everyone is swaying to the music near the fire pit.

"Are you sure that I can't borrow Jake for a few minutes, Jess?" Tonya asks as Jake and Jessica dance near where Tonya is dancing with Scott. "I promise that I'll give him back more or less intact."

"Promise me that you won't put his hands on your ass and I might consider it!" Jessica laughs.

"Spoilsport," Tonya laughs. "I'm just trying to get even with my sister who is torturing me because Jake rubbed her all over."

"All over?" Scott asks then looks at Jake. "What the hell, Jake?"

"That is not what happened." Jake tells him. "I just rubbed her back to ease her spasms."

"And you rubbed her hands and she's been teasing me about how those finger tips of yours may have drifted down to her tight butt." Tonya teases.

"Accidentally!" Tabitha shouts from beside the fire pit where she is sitting. "I told her that any touching below the waist touching was totally accidental, Jess!"

"I know that it was, Tabby. Jake told me about it happening and I trust you both." Jessica calls back to Tabitha then looks at Tonya with a smile. "You, I don't trust even a little bit, Tonya. You would plant his hands on that booty of yours in two seconds and dare him to move them."

"Where is the love, Jess?" Tonya giggles.

"In my arms where He belongs!" Jessica laughs.

Tonya shakes her head and steers Scott away from them.

"It looks like Tonya and Scott are getting along well." Jake points out.

"I should probably warn him just how horny that girl can get. He is going to have his hands full with her." Jessica giggles as she lays her head on Jake's shoulder.

"Horny huh," Jake asks.

"You have no idea." Jessica tells him. "I'm glad that it was Tabby that needed your rub downs and not her. She probably would have came the second you laid your hands on her."

"Like you do sometimes." He whispers into her ear.

"It's not just sometimes, baby," she moans as his lips graze her neck just behind her ear.

"Can you two hold off on that for a little while longer?" Staci asks as she and Ray dance over to them.

"Your coach is going to give a speech in a little while and you have to be around for that, Jess." Ray chuckles.

"Yeah, no sneaking away to screw your boyfriend until later, naughty Jess!" Staci giggles.

"Oh there will be no sneaking, Staci." Jessica assures her. "I plan to drag him straight to our room as soon as this party breaks up!"

"To change into our swimsuits she means." Jake jumps in. "I need to experience this hot tub at least one time."

"You'll get an experience all right, Jake." Jessica grins wickedly. "I just hope you manage to survive it."

****

Coach Morrison calls for everyone's attention a few minutes later to make an announcement.

"Principal Owens called me this morning to congratulate us on winning the state championship and how much he regretted not being able to attend the tournament. He is making that up to us with a special assembly so the rest of the school can celebrate our win! Probably on Monday but for tonight I want to give you, my girls, a little gift to show my appreciation for all your hard work this year," She says then nods towards Jake. "If I can get a little assistance from our unofficial team masseuse."

Jake pulls a cardboard box from under one of the tables and walks it over to her amid the laughter from the crowd and the applause of the team. He stands by her as she calls up each team member one by one, presenting them with a small box from the box that Jake is holding. She instructs them to wait until everyone has their box before they open them. Once they all have their little boxes she tells them to open them up. Inside they all find a silver volleyball charm attached to a matching silver necklace. The charm is inscribed on the back with the year and "State Champs" on them. The girls pair off and help each other put them on then take turns hugging and thanking Coach Morrison.