All Comments on 'Ob-la-di'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What a nice little story.

I love a happy ending. Nice tribute to HDK, too. Perfect way to start the weekend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
As good as I'd expected from you.

I hope you start posting more stories. This place could use a few good stories.

john1946john1946about 6 years ago
That made you think

Sure great to see another story from .

Blackrandel. What a nice surprise. The ending works.

stev2244stev2244about 6 years ago
Great story, Randi

Good to see a well written reconciliation story again. Thanks for submitting.

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1about 6 years ago
The story was good and well done but.......

Its only a simple cuckold/wimp story!!! To torture the producer doesnt make him less a cuckold/wimp!! And children interfere into the failed marriage of her parrents (especially when it includes playing away ) is highly disconcerting!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good Story

Enjoyed it, but wished the authors were not so free with the "f" word... it seems to me when intercourse occurs in a love environment, and in my humble opinion, the ambiance of the story would be improved so much if vulgarity did not describe loving intimacy. As always Blackrandl1958, 5 stars.... thanks for the story....

mordbrandmordbrandabout 6 years ago
Reasonable reconciliation

I don't mind a reconciliation tale that makes sense. The ones that irk me are the stories that force it. In this case, the wife screwed up due to a combination of hubris and inebriation, but she didn't compound her errors. She faced the music and threw herself on her sword.

Fortunately it worked for everyone, except the producer. 5 stars Madam.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 6 years ago
Fairly original

Not bad, and writing was good. A bit unrealistic regarding the torture — our hero, Desmond, was a little like Denzel Washington in “Man on Fire.” After a girl for whom he was the bodyguard was kidnapped, he got some information to help find her by subduing a low level criminal, taping the captive’s fingers to a car’s steering wheel, then cutting off finger tips with sheers (and using the car’s cigarette lighter to cauterize the stumps). The criminal gave lots of info as a result. Don’t know if that played a role in part of this story’s plot or if it was just a coincidence. But I think it added some tension nonetheless. Solid four stars from me. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It is tough on the road

I do know names in the business and this is not out of the ordinary.. to me this is a big 5 thanks for the presentation

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 6 years ago
One of the things I am most proud of would be

the writers that have mentioned me or dedicated a story to me here in Literotica. . They would be Longhorn__07, Ohio, and now, Randi. The funny thing is they all write better than I, but give me some credit for inspiring or encouraging them. That is one stat that will be difficult for others to match. Randi, you are in the top tier of writers. Thanks for sharing your talent. energy, knowledge and your kindness with the rest of us. Well done!

cordialddcordialddabout 6 years ago
how much of a story's resting depends on the reader's state of mind at first reading...

This is a good story but Desmond and Molly's relationship after getting married--including the kids--seemed underplayed. Jumped from getting the ring to being in bed with the producer a little fast; I didn't feel the connection to either Desmond or molly that B.R. has developed for characters in other stories. Maybe one of the few stories that could have used an extra few paragraphs. That being said maybe it's just me because the author is a proven writer and editor.

RePhilRePhilabout 6 years ago
Fresh

Nice shuffle of the LW deck of story plots. See ya next time. PS thanks for sharing

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Short fantasy.

I enjoyed this quick but had to suspend disbelief. Molly whoring herself to a producer is very plausible. The producer secretly taping it is plausible but not the blackmail scheme. He would have hanged himself and his employers. The revenge was over the top and the producer just became a one dimensional, not believable, prop.

The story was too short for much character depth but what caused my enjoyment was the writing style, flow and attentions to sometimes overlooked details.

The scene with Desmond and the friend (I forgot which one) are on the couch talking and she puts the rag on her face and elicits a smile from Desmond. That is good stuff.

If everything is taken in as a mirror reality or fantasy, it is digestible and even tasty!😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
We need the rest of “Macon“

Where is the rest of your Western story you said was completed?

dc6370dc6370about 6 years ago
Loved it!

While I'm not a fan of the Beatles, this is my favorite song. That was a grand slam in my game! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

The marriage seemed undeveloped. The major relationships in the story were amongst the band and the parents with the kids. And, I guess, the story ended up being about her cheating because she thought it would help the band, and then him taking her back because the kids wanted him to.

The timeskip meant that I never really had a sense of what their relationship and marriage was like (and, consequently, I didn't have much of an emotional investment in it), and the reconciliation came across to me as though he felt he really didn't have much of a choice, as opposed to something he either wanted or she earned.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

"Now he wants me to make a movie with other guys" - I'm glad she's refusing. One thing that drives me crazy in these stories is the woman doing more under the threat of blackmail than the thing that she's being blackmailed for! Why in the world would she do a gang bang, let alone have it filmed, just to keep her fuck video "private"? Like she could trust him to not use the new video to blackmail her into doing still more!

"Not your fault," - In a way, it was. There was no reason for Molly to go Sanfield's room alone. Janet and Rachel should have insisted on going also. Molly KNEW how horny she gets after playing, goes ALONE to his room (why not his office?) and DRINKS! What the fuck did she think was going to happen?

"Then he remembered that she was a cheating slut." - As I said in my prior statement, I don't excuse her putting herself into the situation she was in, but it wasn't as if she went out looking to cheat on him. Not saying whether or not he should forgive her, but there IS a difference in the two situations.

"You'll never regret giving people another chance." - Yet, HE won't!

@Anonymous, "All the good ones only post when this 'writer' allows on her special days instead of her encouraging them to post more often, its only on those days." - ALL writers post whenever they wish. If a writer needs Randi's "encouragement" to post, that's on them. Instead of criticizing her, you should be thanking her for her special days if that's what it takes for the "good ones" to post!

@bayernpeter1, "To torture the producer doesnt make him less a cuckold/wimp!!" - It doesn't?! Yes, he's a cuckold, but wimp? No way!

@dunmovyniv - Seriously? You're going to nitpick misquoting a song lyric that has nothing to do with the story? Speaking as a recovering nitpicker, get a life!

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 6 years ago
Great story, very entertaining

I didn't know that you knew so much about music! 5*

amyyumamyyumabout 6 years ago
Oh, Randi, you old softie (ha, ha)

really cute 5* story with lots of stuff I didn't know too.

Cheers, Amy

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Great little story

I usually don't like RAAC stories, but this one is so well written that it works. I especially appreciate the discussion about mercy (not getting what we deseve) and grace (getting what we don't deserve); especially significant when the story is posted between Good Friday and Easyer Sunday (coincidence or BR's plan?). Great tribute to HDK as well.

666iceman666icemanabout 6 years ago
You Aced this

Randi: This has given HDK a challenge for sure. Funny reading this when my wife will be recording some songs in the Abbey Road Studio in July, now should I also attend or stay at home and tend to the shop? At least her name is not Molly and I am not a Desmond. Really a lovely read as you always post good stories and do not understand some of the other comments, these are tales and should be read with that in mind and not be judged rigidly as some comments sound like they do. I give you five * and proud of your work keep it up girl. Iceman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Pretty good yarn

Surprisingly a couple of dropped letters here and there. Interesting revenge on Desmond's part. Not sure it would have gone that smoothly considering he's torturing and mutilating a guy and the cops never get involved. It wasn't clear if he took the money from the safe? The part I liked least was that he immediately told his very young kids WAY too much information about their Mother. Regardless of what she had done, he has/had a responsibility to protect his kids and he didn't. That didn't go over well with me. Other than those items, a well written story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 6 years ago
OK, but

why wasn't this written by HDK?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sooooo...

She does not tell Desmond how she sealed deal and neither do the other two women.

She is blackmailed and sleeps with producer again.

She draws line at gangbang.

Only inference to be drawn is she would have continued to sleep with producer if he had not insisted on gangbang.

Foolish foolish worm

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
please take this comment as a sincere compliment

I assume the 1958 indicates your birthyear.

I enjoy your stories and reading your comments on other authors' stories.

I always click link and then visit your profile page.

Admittedly you are THE legend among legends. Your contributions to this site, the community of writers, and your editing help deservedly places you on the highest ever erected pedastal.

Truly beyond compare though is a sixty year young woman whose beauty and form far surpaces women four decades younger!

mikecflmikecflabout 6 years ago
It seems

That she only told her husband after she found out about the proposed gangbang. She became a cheating slut first, THEN became a victim of blackmail. She put the contract ahead of her children and husband using alcohol and being horny as the excuse. If not for the gangbang she wouldn't have told her husband anything until the band faltered and if the band went on she would have kept fucking the producer and told herself she didn't have a choice. She had a choice from the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE.

LOVED IT, WIERDEST THING IS I ALWAYS HAVE ONE OF MY PLAYLISTS ON WHEN READING AND I WAS READING THE PART WHERE THEY WERE MENTIONING SOME OF THE MUSIC THEY COVERED AND I MISS THE MISERY BY HALESTORM CAME ON JUST AS I WAS READING THAT BIT ABOUT HALESTORM, ANYWAY GREAT STORY ,JUST 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So harsh

Sorry, not quite me. You write well, but I lost a lot of sympathy with Desmond firstly for involving the kids. Making the initial decision for them that they would live with him. The record producer was the guilty one. But threat not actual violence unless required. I really liked the initial idea. But she cheats is finally redeemed and he gets to swing with the friends as his reward for having her back. Little imbalanced. Suspect I will be in the minority in this appraisal.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Further Thoughts

Looking over my prior comment, I think that I came across as harder on Molly than I intended.

I DO think that she, AND her friends, were foolish for her going to his room alone.

While she DID submit to his blackmail for the second fuck, and didn't tell Des until the producer want her to do the gang bang (I don't know why he TOLD her he was going to film it, BTW!), I don't believe that it means that she would have continued to fuck just him. MAYBE she would have, maybe not. I happen to believe that she wouldn't; her regret over what she did, and NOT just the blackmail, lead me to believe that she would have stopped, maybe not immediately, but sooner rather than later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
😐

You copied the mechanics of HDK's style without capturing the humor which makes this seem like a bad copy of a story from someone that should have known better what makes a story "great".

deadonedeadoneabout 6 years ago
Wow that was nice

Very nice story, and loved the humor. To emulate, not necessarily to copy, another distinctive writing style is very challenging. You did a excellent job invoking the essences of HDK without straight out copying him. I do not remember him getting quite so dark though. Good thing that Des's cousin Maxwell did find out about with or

Bang! Bang! o o o.

Thank you for this story and the humor, good start for the weekend!

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 6 years ago
Some where alomg the way you lost me.

I have enjoyed your writing and for the most part have no complaints but you lost me on this one. When I read a story that has time lines in it I start doing the math. When Molly first met Des I got the impression she was maybe 19 or 20 yet you had them drinking a beer together so she had to be at least 21. Desmond owned the music store so I put him at maybe 25 then you wrote he had been a Marine so if he went in at 19 and did his four years and came out at 23 to get his business established to the point in the story he would have to have been maybe 30. The lived together for two years then got married and two years later had Amanda,

Jetting forward nine years Molly gets the opportunity to sign a recording contract. The band has been together for over 13 years and never once thought to use Desmond's recording studio and go independent?

The band has to do a gig in Oklahoma where she is gone for five days to sign a contract with a producer that lives in the same town as them. This guy never listened to them in all that time? Molly tells Desmond about the sex and DVD's and hr goes Rambo.Now using my handy dandy polish calculator (pencil) Molly is now 34 and Desmond 43. As an editor Randi you would have caught these things and questioned the writer. I look forward to your next endeavor.

AngelCherysseAngelCherysseabout 6 years ago
I'm more than okay with it.

I liked it. I didn't really pay attention to the timeline details, so I didn't get worked up over any inconsistencies. I appreciate the comment about HDK's sense of humor (JPB and I share that), but again, it wasn't a deal-breaker. Maybe I'm just an old softie. No, Des should not ignore the hurt, but a reconciliation over time, if it is sincere, works for me, too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Cool story

Timelines??

It's a story guys and a very good one too....and yeah...it is cool.

Thank you

nedslapnedslapabout 6 years ago

I have to say that I liked Molly better than Des. She had a serious lapse of judgment but was clearly remorseful. We all have weaknesses, but not all the same. Hers was that the desire for a contract led her to let her guard down, but what about his? I found that informing the children of the nature of her indiscretion worse than her adultry. Still I’m glad that you had them reconcile and found it a riveting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Cute story, . . .

thanks!

Bebop3Bebop3about 6 years ago
Excellent Story

You're a great writer. Nicely done. Looking forward to the next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice!y constructed

And very plausible, thank you for the read. Oddly I Could only see Molly as a black girl, maybe because of the Desmond Dekker overtone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice job.

I must admit to being a little puzzled at one particular thing though.

"One more thing," he told her. "You're going to stop apologizing. I know you regret it. You've shown me how much. You're not going to make up for anything either. I'm taking you back because I need to. It's for me as much as it is for you."

How? How has she shown him anything. She cried and pleaded and talked over and over about her sorrow but what had she actually done about it? More promises. He was right to withold forgiveness until a point was reached where he could. But it seemed slightly artificial that he suddenly decided it was that time. He might have understood that he was better off forgiving but only AFTER arriving at a place where those thoughts could be heard over the pain and anger of betrayal. I missed seeing his struggle with the chaos of those conflicting thoughts.

But still as readable as ever, thanks Randi for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nine years or more of punishment

It took so long to let her mistake go. 9 years being in jail.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 6 years ago
blackrandI1958 always delivers a good story.

It appears we have two Beatlemania writers. Good story, Randi. 5 from me.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Beatles

I took a college course on the music of the Beatles. We didn't get to this song. I probably would have enjoyed it. I surely enjoyed your story. Thanks.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
i wanted to like it

umm idk im not an editor, that dialog was bad at least in my area of the country, ppl dont talk like that. why did she fuck the producer the second time if she was just going to confess that was weird. a bit of rehashing paragraphs

"He and the kids were asleep when they got back, and he heard the shower running in the early morning before going back to sleep. He felt her climb in bed with him and cuddle up against him. She was still asleep in the morning and he let her rest while he got the kids off to school. He went to work and when he got home she was gone."

"She wasn't, and the she didn't come home before the kids went to bed. She went and took a shower and when he came to bed she snuggled up against him. He wanted to make love to her, but she complained that she was very tired still, so he just held her and went to sleep. It was Sunday and he slept in. When he got up she had breakfast ready and the kids were gone."

same paragraph worded a bit differently. and went from never wanting to see her here again to reconciliation in one page well guess it been said sounds a bit rushed

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

Nice story . I like the real life forgivness

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 6 years ago
My Favorite Maiden never disappoints !

Yes all you Haters , this Lady is the total package !

( I'm a Plank Owner in the BR'58 sycophant society , circa 2015 . I was in charge of snacks )

In all seriousness I'm not against reconciliation when done well , I simply despise when the RAAC is the ending in an authors mind when they start a story ( it shows through 95% of the time , btw ) , and the whole story is simply a means to an end with what the author envisions as a ' Happily ever After & Zipity DooDah and Mr.Bluebird on my Shoulder ' ending and writes the entire story without any conscience about the degree to the amount of shit that any normal , well adjusted , non codependent adult would actually put up with in said situation !

Desmond was not written in the above way ! In fact , he may have went a little too far , but here in Fiction world , that's perfectly acceptable .

I've often compared a good LW story to the Old Western movies that were once the top form of Hollywood entertainment .

I actually believe that one could take a classic Western , and use the generic plot , and spit out a Helluva great LW story ! ( yes , the Western invitational that came about solely from the hard work of this author ! Actually , in my minds eye , I see Randi like that Super Bowl add a few years ago , about the cowboys herding Cats ! lol . Its on YouTube .)

So , after that rant , I simply Love it when the Hardest Working Woman in Literotica finds time to post a wonderful little escape from the trials and tribulations of everyday life ! And its free for all . Yeah , there's something just so right about that .

5 *'s

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 6 years ago
Torture

I see someone asked how HDK feels about torture. Why direct the question to him? How do we all feel about torture?

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobabout 6 years ago
A story of a Beatles song?

I was sure this would be a corny foolish story. I was wrong 5*

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
SHAKE A LEG,,,,KEEP THE BEAT....8 TO THE BAR

play with your family.....choose your seat......you'll travel far. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@enderlocke77 Re: "i wanted to like it"

She fucked him the second time because he threatened to show Desmond the video.

While I happen to believe that her guilt and love for Desmond would have made her refuse the blackmail sooner rather than later, his attempt to blackmail her into making a gang bang video pushed her to confess rather than submit to the blackmail.

BTW, that's one of my gripes with the blackmail trope here in LW. A wife say, give a guy a blow job. She's told, fuck me or I'll give your husband the video of the blow job. Then it's, give me your ass or I'll show him the fuck video, etc., etc. It's like being blackmailed into helping with a bank robbery to cover up your shoplifting!

Just what is your problem with the dialog? It seems perfectly normal to me!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years agoAuthor
@anonymous re: "@Twentyseven."

This is a big fucking problem. First, you are making multiple anonymous comments. That is a violation of the letter and spirit of Literotica rules. If you are making multiple anonymous comments, are you also making multiple votes?

Second, you are taking shots at a man, anonymously, on a tribute story written for that man. If you have a problem with him, send him an email. I'm sorry, but I'm going to delete your comments. It would be incredibly crass of me to allow that, and it's crass of you to do it. I will open this comment section up to anyone who wishes to comment, so long as they identify themselves and keep the disrespectful comments about my guy out of it.

@Twentyseven. This is the second time you've called me out about torture. The first was on the "Ransom" story. I try to make it a policy not to comment on my own stories. If I have to explain them, I wrote poorly. Since I have no intention of ever posting in the LW category again, I will answer your question.

On the "Ransom" story, you asked, " I would be interested in the author's view about where you stop with torture."

My answer is that you never start. I am not the characters in my stories. They do things that I would never do: cheat on their husbands, to mention one of those things. Randi has never tortured anyone. I would rather be tortured than torture someone. It is my opinion that those who torture others abandon their humanity and become less than human. It is my personal code that I never initiate violence against anyone, for any reason. If someone initiates violence against me or those I love, I reserve the right to respond in whatever way necessary to stop the violence. Torture, and those who engage in that, is repugnant repugnant to me. I write fiction. Characters I write do things that are repugnant to me, personally, and I would never do those things. Twentyseven is satisfied? I don't feel the need to justify myself to anyone, but you asked politely. Je vous souhaite à tous le meilleur. Le temps pour moi de voler.

likeboblikebobabout 6 years ago
rerun ?

It seems to me that I read this a long time ago.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@likebob Re: "Rerun?"

I made the same mistake, I thought that maybe it was story that Randi gave me to pre-read and I had forgotten. The I remembered the other site.

She had previously posted it there, that's probably where you saw it.

bigdnc13bigdnc13about 6 years ago
Another fine story 5*

I believe in RAAC if appropriate. It was here. Sorry to hear you'll not be posting in the LW section anymore. but heck, I'll be happy you just keep writing and letting us read your stories.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 6 years ago
I wonder

if the Beatles who wrote about love, and even in the song Revolution were at pains to say they didn't support hatred, would approve of one of their song-lines being used to justify and support a story where the main scene involved torture, and extreme gratuitous, sanctimonious violence. Two of them are still around -- the ones who haven't been murdered in the street or died from lifestyle choices. Maybe someone should ask them.

kimi1990kimi1990about 6 years ago
@nexttimearound, I wonder, too.

Damn, dude. Talk about embarrassing yourself. Somehow, I suspect the people who wrote and performed "Run For Your Life," would have no trouble with this story. The question is, does Randi approve of being inspired by a band who justifies such blatant misogyny, and have the surviving members of the Beatles ever heard of anyone as embarrassingly stupid as nexttimearound? (I don't really believe the Beatles were misogynistic, just using the illogic of nextimearound, for those as thick as nexttimearound)

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
A really good story, which used the song as the springboard

to create a well written and flowing story.

I have read and liked all types of story on TAM. But only so long as they are well-written and of course, this is one of those stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DIDN'T REALIZED BLACKRANDL1958 CREATES SUCH STRONG EMOTIONAL RESPONSE

Thank you for the story. I really missed the dog. Strange they didn't have one. I liked it in your earliest stories🐅. Children should grow up caring for a pet, like a dog. Sorry, I'm off subject.

Was this dedicated to HDK ?

If so it was missing the humor. Funny that, I usually dislike his story's jokes, humor.

My ratings seem to disturb you. I always presume 3*s is encouraging to a writer. My comments attempt to be constructive about the story building process. Conversely, sometimes it is just about how it made me feel. Never anything personal, if I can control my sinister humor, hmm ⁉️

Good luck on your other endeavors. Whether it is Romance or Science fiction or School Principal.

AMerryman

jezzazjezzazabout 6 years ago
What the hell is wrong with some people??

Randi spends her time crafting and creating a story that’s free for consumption, one that, for a change, at root has a positive message about forgiveness, and what do some racist bigoted pea brains do?

They turn it into some racist diatribe because they have no mote wit or imagination than that.

Some one mentioned elsewhere that the decent writers are either leaving or thinking about leaving the Loving Wives genre. Is it any surprise when kind and decent people like Randi are treated this way?

She created something for nothing. She owes no one anything - she does it just because she’s a decent and productive writer, who can actually craft a story worth reading.

As a writer here, I can take the digs at the stuff I write, but it really does chaff my ass when I see fellow writers denigrated in this fashion. It makes me not want to come back either, frankly.

Randi, thank you for more of your work. There are a lot who DO appreciate the time and effort it takes to make something like this.

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
Seriously people thats uncalled for

That Keyboard cowboy with the racist crap was unneccesary and damned fucking ignorant. Randi is one of the few who writes good stories left in this one, not cuck stories or RAAC by an large and you pull this shit. Seriously that is being an asshole. Nothing in that story even came close to warranting that you moron. I can only hope that you along with the cuck fans ARE STERILE. jezza hit the nail on the head . Idiots. I gave it a 4 randi, I'm just not a fan of cutting the cheating character a break when shes this stupid in my book. But its your story and no you don't owe anyone shit. Keep writing even here and fuck the big brave basement dwellers who cant get laid in a whorehouse with a AMEX black card and a fist full of hundreds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
really nice

Enjoyable read. Creative, believable and full circle.

Keep on writing. Some of your critics need to learn to separate stories from reality. Would I have taken her back....no. But as the mother of my children I would have forgiven her and treated her civilly in future dealings. Trust given and destroyed is never recovered, many talk about it being rebuilt. But what they really mean is learning/to live with shallow version of what used to be. Some can accept that and I wish them the best. I could never do that. Guess I'm to ridged in my views.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
to: Blackrandl1958, Randi, Thank you So Much!!!

I happened to see some things written in the comment section of the title page indicating that one of the readers here disrespected you and your efforts to be one of the best of us. So, I wanted to take the time to thank you for everything that you

have done for all of the readers and writers. I hope you will continue to be our cheerleader, editor, organizer, and friend. My calculator tells me that over 470,573 viewers have read or visited your stories and those who clicked the favorites button have now totaled 1205. If only half the readers vote , then there is more than good chance that you have touched the lives of over a million readers and writers in some good way. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Corvette John in Rainy Seattle

FirstwithUFirstwithUabout 6 years ago
Thank you

Your very much appreciated by this reader

5* because it was a good story nuf said.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyabout 6 years ago
And I expected

a little more leniency, especially from her friends and children; she deserves pardon for coming out and confessing. A simple story, that had the promises of a complex story, that remained simple throughout. Only Molly's character was well developed and she is adorable despite the other characters' attempt at portraying her as a weak and unfaithful person.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 6 years ago
To the Author

Thank you for your response to my question. I am delighted that you feel the way you do about torture and are prepared to say so. I don't want to start another debate, but can I just ask you to think about the fact that your torturer is also your hero in this story. Would you write a story with a racist as your hero? And if so, why?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
An interesting

little study on law and grace. Thank you.

As to torture, he's lucky to be alive and still have his dick. Fuck him.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 6 years ago
Reconciliation

It wasn't some thing that happened over night in the story. It took, what?, nine years, and seemed like it wasn't going to happen at all at first. But I liked that.

Molly screwed up out of her own selfishness, regretted it. Trying to blame alcohol and over active sexual appetite was cliche'. Then it took nine years to build back a trust of sorts.

Good story seemed to read well. It seemed a stretch to me that the band would have survived after two children though.

foolscapfoolscapabout 6 years ago
I have nothing substantive to say but

Thank you for another well-written, thought provoking piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sorry..it had potential, then it went to hell

This story had tons of potential, but then you turned it into just another BTB type story. And those just plain suck. It would have been fine for them to have had some struggles, but to write that the kids never wanted to see her again is totally unlike any children ever. You took it to a dark place when it could have been fun instead. Shame.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 6 years ago
Special.

What made this story special for me was the depiction of mercy. Forgiveness can sometimes be earned; mercy by definition cannot. Molly was, because of her own actions, powerless to earn forgiveness. Her only hope was mercy. Mercy is costly, and doesn't come easily, as Desmond's struggles demonstrate. In the end, he masters himself enough to extend mercy, and they're both the better for it. I've lived a while now, and I've walked in both Molly's and Desmond's shoes. Neither is comfortable, but both have shaped me. Thank you, Randi, for a parable with a tune. Well done.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopabout 6 years ago
Mercy and Forgiveness

I don’t know what to say. My image of your writing has changed, remarkedly so. What a wonderful story of mercy, forgiveness and the acknowledgment of our human frailties. You performed a true service to all of your readers, revealing the power of emotion, trust, forgiveness and the sanctity of the human condition. I love your work. xoxoxoxoxo Annette

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonabout 6 years ago
Excellent.

I love the emotion in this piece, as well as the forgiveness. Excellent writing.

-

To MerryMan:

How are 3 stars encouraging to a writer with Randi's success? She doesn't need encouragement. She is already established. And especially from someone who doles out only 3 stars, and as if they are a present, instead of a ratings killer? I'm sorry, but I think you're thinking is flawed on this. If you want to vote a story 3 stars, fine, but just do that; don't comment on the story and act like you think it's great, and then bestow three meager stars like it's some gift. It's not.

And HDK is not silly. Unfortunate you seem to think it's wise saying that on Randi's tribute to him.

-

Randi, thank you again for writing for us and creating such treasures for us to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5-Stars OLD_CROW

I guess I’m not as sophisticated as a lot of the commenters? I read it and I enjoyed it –as written. Unlike Randi, I have no problem with torture when it’s appropriate. Extracted information has saved many combatants. Like others, I would like to see “Macon” continued.

Thanks for another great read Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@GirlintheMoon

I didn't realize how serious writers take this website's ratings.

You have given me something to think about🤔💭.

About HDK. I never said that, I stated I didn't like the way he uses humor.

AMerryman

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Sorry..it had potential, then it went to hell"

How in the hell do you see this as BTB? As someone who came to LW as more or less a BTB fan, now more of what I call "Consequences," how was she burned? He never even divorced her, he encouraged the kids to see her . He eventually even took her back. That's barely SingedTB!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years agoAuthor
@AMerryman

Dude! What the hell is wrong with you? You can't keep your foot out of your mouth. Do you go to dinners, given in some guy's honor, stand up during the dinner and say, "Yeah, but I don't like the jokes he tells?" This is a tribute piece for someone I love very much, a great writer I wanted to honor. What gave you the thought that you should diss him on that tribute piece? Not once, but twice! That was rude AF.

I told you how writers around here view your three bombs. It's not just me. How many writers do you suppose I correspond with? I don't know, either, but it's a bunch. We, and I mean all of us, give a collective groan when we see your tag on our stories. That's just a fact. We would rather get a one bomb from "fag cuck shit" guy. That will go away in the sweeps. Your three bomb sticks, and you only give them to the better writers. You don't read the stroke stories and bomb them, just good stories. It's not a freaking encouragement, it's a punishment. As one writer told me, "AMerryman is our cross to bear."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
To those fawning over the mercy and forgiveness

Seriously? Nine years! That’s not mercy or forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fawning?

I don't think you read very well. Who said anything about nine years? The epilogue took place nine years later, but it looks to me like by a year and a half, he had completely forgiven her. He made her stop showing him her phone. They went to counseling for two years. Don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but something like that would take a while. The problem with most RAAC stories is that they get back together in two months like nothing happened. Not in this one, and this felt much more real to me. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@Blackrandl1958 APOLOGIES ; UNSOLICITED POWER; RATINGS

I'm sorry for my comments on HDK that were found offensive. That wasn't intentional, it was poor humor😣. As for the other items.

You give me way too much power over your feelings. I'm neither your spouse nor child therefore not a ' cross you have to carry'. I'm just another person with an opinion and an anus... everyone else has one too !!

Where do you writers think you are ? This is the cheapest entertainment, free over the internet. If you were a real writer you would be at one of the writer's workshops or seminar. Your story receiving critical comments from other writers. Not getting upset for a 3* rating from an anonymous poster.

I expect and understand muddled thinking from a young person like Girlinthemoon , but not from you.

Thank you for your time.

AMerryman

iloveADiloveADabout 6 years ago
Thanks Randi

Thanks for this story, as usual it was a good one. Also thanks for all the work that you do with legends day and other special events. And your editing. Do you ever sleep ? Please please don’t leave. You will be sadly missed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Funny you can meet a girl at 25 get married and know she was fucked by guys before and get passed it but if she cheated and fucks one more dick one time it’s devistating . I know for me I don’t think I could get past cheating. It would feel like she was soiled and ruined forever. Some would say it’s juvenile thinking or immature but I don’t think I could get pasted it if I know my wife fucked someone else .

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Funny"

If you can't see the difference between prior relationships and cheating on the current one, then we have no hope for a rational discussion.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 6 years ago
I heard that my name was taken in vain here!

That is blasphemy and profanity, pure and simple! It cannot be allowed on a free porn site. That's just wrong. One of Robin Hood's followers does not enjoy my humor? He steals high scores from the talent wealthy nobles and divides the points among the poor (writers) of the shire? Merry men, cucks, manly men, pick handle swingers, used condom dispensers, minorities, religious zealots, females, guys with little dicks, bulls with foot long wieners, veterans, draft dodgers, and Independents are all welcome to comment on my stories. I encourage it. I honestly enjoy it.

I don't care so much for commenters being disrespectful to Randi. She is quite talented and shares that talent with the rest of us. Disrespect is not the same as criticism. Writers need and expect that. Otherwise they would not allow comments. It sounds like Randi is contemplating not posting in the cesspool that is Loving Wives for obvious reasons. I have decided on a much better punishment for you miserable bastards. I am going to try to post more often, simply because the very thing that intelligent, competent writers dislike about LW is exactly what I find the most fascinating.

I have a clown that makes multiple anonymous comments on stories about my desire to munch his used condoms. His joke is old, but what he lacks in originality, he makes up in stupidity and tenacity. We have a guy that praises a story and then proceeds to vote a three, for fuck's sake, like that is encouraging? What readers actually seek out stories that have a solid two to three rating in the archives? Do stories that low even exist there? I looked over a couple of pages and found "Harem for a Whore" with a solid, and much deserved 2.59. I assume that if one thinks three is a good score. 2.59 would be acceptable. Try reading that shit and then tell us how anyone can state they enjoyed the story and will 'award it a three'? Is it a surprise that many writers are not happy with a score of three? Only a few stories posted for more than a year or two are scored below a three. That would indicate to a discerning reader, that a score of three sucks the big one as far as writers are concerned. "Heather Visits Simon" racked up a sterling 2.99! That means the mirthful dude will love it. The rest of us, not so much. Where the hell am I going with this, you may ask. I got nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
HELLO PEOPLE I GOT NEWS

I just gave BaMuoiBa 4*s. His story posted on April 2nd.

AMerryman

mitchawamitchawaabout 6 years ago
Clueless

I don't understand most of the comments. I though a review was to be about the story and not something that isn't clear to all the readers. This is a really good story and is badly underrated for some reason.You have a great plot that is logical and believable. The characters are well defined, the dialogue is right on the money, the settings could be beefed up, Molly's cheating is understandable based on the background information, Desmond's reaction is rational, most men that I know would react the same way, the ending was a bit prolonged but it ends up being a happy ever after conclusion. I believe that's what most readers would want. This is a well written and well told story. Your "works" are testimony to your ability. I intend to add you to my favorites and read some of your other stories. Ob-la-di.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great

Believable reconciliation story. Thought she would have fought for the kids immediately but who knows. Really good writing

Joe

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Struggles

The first mistake was that not one band member should ever meet alone for business. It comes back to divide and conquer and that is what happened. Secondly a gig with so much on the line should have had husband present since all would be affected. Molly made the biggest mistake but how did she get separated from other two when they drove in one vehicle. I feel everyone had a small piece in the the failure bit over time the wounds healed and they all learned.

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 6 years ago
Great story

I particularly like the early confession. Too few stories recognize that honesty and truth defeat blackmail. The consequences may suck, but those consequences are coming regardless. Early confessions may open doors to grace or forgiveness that otherwise would get erased.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Theology(?)

As a theologian, I found your treatment of grace and mercy to be right on point. The only thing missing is the Hebrew take on forgiveness. The hebrew word for forgiveness also means forgotten. The original hebrew is a language without vowels and the consonants in the two words are the same. That makes forgiveness a truly tough task.

Nicely done!

oldtwitoldtwitover 5 years ago
Great Read

I really loved this, after reading a few of your stories I'm sorry for the way you must feel about a significant other that has let you down badly, as all these are so deep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Talk is inexpensive. Tree a best. Need information to progress. Slap happy papy #9

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Read again

Read this a second time after reading the comments. I enjoyed it again. Thank God I can read an entertaining story without trying to dissect it for hidden meaning, or letting my feeling for the author get in the way. Curse you Randi, I can't get this song out of.my head now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hard Ass Protagonist

Great story except for the over-the-top reaction from the central character. By the way, "He did feel nauseous." Better: He felt nausiated (made to feel sick), not nauseous (loathsome, disgusting).

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 4 years ago
earworm...

life goes on, brah...la la la la life goes on.

Thank you for a lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Thought For A Bit

Tha I was going to be reading a BTB story, I guess it did go that way. But it was the bastard not the bitch in the long run and in the end that's the way I think it should have been and due to your skill I found myself enjoying an earned Rec instead. I enjoyed HDK's comments almost as well as the story too. Has anyone but me noticed how many of the ones who make nasty comments seem to be nearly functionally illiterate? Signed: BTW

Pappy7Pappy7almost 4 years ago
Great story and a fitting tribute

to your friend. I really like his humor and the way he puts a story together, but I am really, really in love with your writing. I don't know if you are still reading these comments but if you are just know that I personally miss you on here.

pappy

ResmiHardinResmiHardinover 3 years ago
4*

I can really imagine this happening, it seems so real, I wanted to argue about him taking her home too soon or with not enough punishment, but when you have kids especially a young girl who needs her mum you have to take that into account.

I do get the feeling he's introduced himself to her friends...I hope so anyway, not a full blown affair but he will answer the horny call if needed (I hope anyway).

Loved the torture, seemed fitting, all I wanted you to do was maybe try and contact the other 'stars' that had vids and gave them their own whilst saying he didn't watch any of it like a gentleman, remember they were all blackmailed so it could of been used as evidence or revenge on him more.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

This story deserves a 4 for effort.

I am not a supporter of RAAC.

However, it works for this story.

Yes, I also wanted to see that all the blackmail evidence be returned to the victims.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
What a hardass

She did nothing wrong. She only fucked a stranger for profit. She was even kind enough to make a video for him to jack off to! What husband could ask for more? He should be on his knees begging her for forgiveness, while doing his manly duty with cum filled puss. A real man brings home strangers to satisfy his wife, and then jerks his little man while cleaning her. Doesn't he know how a modern marriage works?

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

Very good story.

I really liked your approach for the following points:

- There was at least a separation so that everyone could analyze the consequences and future choices.

- there was a real taking of responsibility for the fault by the woman who did not try to introduce debilitates like: it does not mean anything, it was only sex, if you really loved me .. .

- Des which grants the return of Molly but specifying that it is for him and the children that they do it. Not for her, and that she doesn't deserve it.

- the redemption sanctions that Molly inflicts on herself by reducing her freedoms, by being checked and verified, and by making sure she is never alone ....

Afterwards, it is a shame, as is often the case, not to describe this difficult journey of reconciliation with its small victories, and its failures which slow down the process.

Even though it's mentioned that it took months or years, it's too fast a turn or too big a leap for the reader.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really liked the story however I thought that the way Desmond's reaction to Molly's confession was written was overboard. Whilst Molly confessed her cheating Desmond never saw it according to the story he didn't watch the DVD of her having sex with the record producer and therefore didn't have the real visual imagery of it. It's easier for the mind to dismiss and ignore something if there's no real visual imagery of the event. Whilst Desmond would have been angry, disappointed and emotional without the real visual imagery it would have been easier for him to forgive Molly at an earlier stage.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...