All Comments on 'One Saturday'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
deadonedeadoneover 7 years ago
I tried, but failed

I have no idea what to think about this,

Problem with writing in dialect is only those from there will like it, everybody else will think it low low class. It is also very hard to follow when your not from there. If this kind of story was in east London dialect you would be saying the same thing.

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

a lot of words left out or wrong words used dont even need an editor for that you could have read it over your self ather then that it was amusing

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
That...

...was a fun read. The language/dialect does take some getting used to but once you get the hang of it it really brings some life to the characters and the story.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
I agree with @BigGuy33...

I agree with @BigGuy33..."It's a fun read and the language/dialect really brings some life to the characters and the story"! 4*

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

Yep, gon a hav to agree, it was a fun read, vintage JimBob story with all the dialect and interesting characters that drinking the water seems to create down thea. As usual too many names to keep straight, but I wrote them down and referred to my list ever so ofen and more or less figured out who was doin whut to whom. Actually I am twice blessed as there is another story this morning, so off to see if that one is as good. Have a nice day.

dinkymacdinkymacover 7 years ago
Great story!!

Thanks for sharing.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingover 7 years ago
I don't understand

why this is in Loving Wives, but it's a nice well written little story.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Cordated Kid Stuff

Story meandered around from Point A to B. But when you got talent like Jimbob44 that's the price you pay for scenic vistas encountered. So many names to keep track of too. Michelle , Angelle, Shelly double L girls upped that name game ante. Author doesn't want us think he's easy after all , so keeping track of multiple, alliterative moniker is the cover charge exacted .

I guess Angelle got what she deserved . Having Graham bait her with watchbox for BJ then leave her flat, was a babyface turn heel ploy. Something lost, something gained. Jole blons go on and on. I thank the author and his skittering zydeco plot lines for sharing.

Floydfan1964Floydfan1964over 7 years ago
Love your characters

Jimbob. I may not like every one of your stories but I do enjoy the characters you create. Very lifelike.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
couldnt follow this, pulled out after half way of page 2

Just too many names, and it seemed a bit nonsensical high school drama. Not interested. And get out of here with loving girlfriends, have to involve a wife or fiance.

Normally like your stuff Jim Bob, but this was a miss for me.

jezzazjezzazover 7 years ago
I really enjoy your style.

Please, keep em coming.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Always a treat

I can't wipe the smile off my face. Such a minimalist style. Such richly developed characters. Such deliciously clever dialogue. Always a good day to find a JimBob44 submission. ***** Thanks.

LVGirlLVGirlover 7 years ago
Superlative

As always.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 7 years ago
Laughed my ass off

And still laughing. Great story not the ending i thought though. But great.

rnebularrnebularover 7 years ago
Funny and a good read

My only real issue with this is the protagonist goes from fairly trusting and foolish about women, to a very savvy kind of guy. He was messing with that one girl (rightfully so) but it seemed like more than he should have been capable of. Anyhow thanks for the good read!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Really liked this one.

It was a fun read.

SpykkeSpykkeover 7 years ago
Don't care which category you put it

nor do I care about the use of dialect or grammar. This is a cracking story which made me giggle and turned out just right. Great work.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Delightful Romp

Very enjoyable dialogue and no problem following the structure. The tale was a happy one..

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years ago
I join the crowd

Loving the story. Wish I could write as well

Chilley

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
The ending confused me

Read it 3 times. Still confused.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
lovely story

five stars for sure. was nice and fun to read it.

thanks for offering.cheers

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS

of growing and becoming and adult TK U MLJ LV NV

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 7 years ago
Please keep writing for your pleasure!

Please do keep writing for your pleasure and I will keep reading for my entertainment. Thank you very much for the entertainment. Good storyline and characters - l liked the twist of getting back at her when his eyes were opened. I saw no issue with putting it in LW section. Look forward to your next writing. As long as you keep writing I will keep reading and comment most of the time!

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

extemporeextemporeover 7 years ago
One of the best . . .

. . most smile inducing stories I've read on this site. You may be writing only for your own pleasure but, for your benefit at least, I wish you were making some money on them.

AhazuraAhazuraabout 7 years ago
Very fun read

Thank you for sharing!

Ahaz

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
This story is growing on me.

I wish I could change my score. On 2nd read I like it 4**** instead of 3.

BigK10BigK10almost 7 years ago
If my smiles from reading your stories were dollar bills...

...you'd be rich! I enjoyed this one as I read it again. Still a winner! Keep on writing, Dude.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
kids eh?

amusing tale of growing pains. 5*

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Yeah... I'm down for some shake

Fun teenage shenanigans. People you dislike at first view (Graham - yep, didn't like at all that "She's black!" line he first had about Shelly) turned out to be OK fellows; other assholes stayed assholes. Kids grow up and moved on, with various degree of success... That's life, isn't it?

JimBob gotta start using autocorrection, though, 'cause... geezus. It sometimes looks like he's trying to write in another language or something.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Love it

JB44 always makes me smile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Late to this author but glad I found him.

Great story. Realistic plot. Realistic teens. And a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Well, he didn't love her enough to not have another girl suck his cock, I felt bad for Michelle, she could do better, and apparently did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pretty Good Story

That’s if you remember that it’s written in the way that those crazy ‘Cajuns actually talk down in the bayou country of Loo-siana. I liked the way the story ended, even though the ending seemed to be very rushed. I mean, it went from one paragraph where high school ended and a couple of the kids went off to college, to the next paragraph when Graham was driving a big rig, married to Shelly, an they were expecting a baby. Lots of “story” left out of the story, you ask me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Live On The Bayous Of Louisiana

And the dialogue in the story was like listening to conversations of people in Walmart, Super 1's or Ms Vickie's Country Kitchen. Need to try some of her cathead biscuits smothered in tomato gravy with a tall glass of ice cold Sweet Southern Tea. You can't get that anywhere but the Bayou State. DeGarde sounds like it could be Amite or Mamou. There's a lot of famous folks with backgrounds in Louisiana...John Travolta and Kelly Preston, Dennis and Randy Quaid, Billy Bob Thornton, Pauley Perret, Muse Watson, Tim McGraw. Even Elvis drove a truck in Louisiana. I enjoyed your story.

tomc55tomc55almost 4 years ago
Cute

cute little story

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 2 years ago

Mmy problem is I did not choose stories by date authored but by rating. Makes it sort of confusing. Love your stories 5☆ to all thanks for the effort.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

The racism in the comments is disgusting. What the fuck is wrong with you? This site, I swear. The admins do NOTHING. Lazy as hell

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Damn few people actually speak that way. Any racism is wrong but sadly it's a fact of our lifetime.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Nice story, but disappointing ending. Lovers separated, while main characters settled for second best. Not romantic nor inspiring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jewish interracial propaganda

One star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the bitch slap he finally gave Angelle after her pathetic knob gobble.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not sure why commenters think that Michelle and Graham settled fir second best. Shelly and him went on one dare before she done dared with Trent. Michelle was her friend and lamented not getting a shot, and she gave her one. Graham and her tried it and dated for a long time but couldn't make it work with different life paths. Michelle found someone else. Why assume it was settling. And why think he settled with Shelly? They clearly are happy at the end and she is fine with his truck driving career. And they are expecting. And he gets on well with his in laws. While it might have been nice to learn more about Michelle and how it all worked out, she is not the main character. Graham is. P.S. Liked Shelly's stepfather.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The dialogs indicate that most of the protagonists are mentally challenged.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

This story is pretty sweet.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

You write for your pleasure but your little tale pleases me too. I very much enjoyed it. Thanks.

Madeira1076Madeira10765 months ago

Fun stories like this keep me coming back, thanks Jimbob!

SatyrDickSatyrDick5 months ago

[23.11.23]

Meandering but fun und enjoyable!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Everyone sounded like a bunch of backwoods Cajun croc fuckers. It was a rough read, but if you were able to power through the Louisiana dialect, it was still a good read.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon5 days ago

Anonymous4 months ago

Everyone sounded like a bunch of backwoods Cajun croc fuckers. It was a rough read, but if you were able to power through the Louisiana dialect, it was still a good read.

You must be new here. Hahahahaha!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.