Owned By My Father

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They're not just bodyguards," Suzi said. "They can also become trusted friends. My grandfather used to play Go for hours every day with Hakim."

"Would you like me to make some inquiries?" Mr. Willington asked.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked.

"Of course," Mr. Willington replied. "The question becomes how important is the safety of you and your family to you? You are legitimate targets for all sorts of nefarious individuals just because of your wealth. Sooner or later, it's going to come out, who bought the Super Penthouse, who you are. There's no way you can live the way you do and remain anonymous. The only thing you can do is take preemptive steps to protect yourself. I'm afraid that I agree with Suzi on this issue."

"Then do what you think needs to be done," I said with a sigh. "This sucks. This really sucks."

"Reality's a bitch," Suzi said, nodding as she got to her feet to go to her office.

"I've contacted Mrs. Wang," Mr. Willington said when Suzi had gone. "She found your idea interesting and has agreed to meet with you to discuss it further. Shall I arrange a meeting?"

"Yes, but I don't want Suzi to know about it yet," I replied.

"May I ask why?" Mr. Willington asked. "You seem to have a great deal of trust and faith in her. Why would you exclude her from this? It's a marvelous idea."

"Because I want to do something myself," I replied, flushing. "I'll tell her eventually, but I don't like it that she thinks of me as a helpless boy who can't tie his own shoes. When I do tell her, I'd like her to see that I've actually done something without her guidance, that I am capable of more than just paying for everything."

"I'm sure that Suzi doesn't see you that way," Mr. Willington said. "She actually seems quite taken by you, and you by her. But I understand your need. Let me make an appointment with Mrs. Wang, then you can find a way to keep Suzi from finding out."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I experienced conflicting feelings after that meeting, on the one hand, life was better than ever with the arrival of Chef André and not having Chang around. He had been a perfect major domo, but he was definitely a damper on our ability to enjoy ourselves the way we liked. Chef André had become accustomed to Penny's hedonistic ways at the California house and didn't bat an eye at the sight of the nudity that became more prevalent with the departure of Chang, though it took Suzi a bit of getting used to, of all people, though that was mostly because she didn't know him. Once she got to know him, got used to him a bit, her natural exhibitionism came to the fore and she took an inordinate delight in being caught in compromising situations.

On the other hand, I found myself looking over my shoulder, noticing the people more when I'd be out and about. I realized that I was being paranoid and found that upsetting. I wasn't afraid, but I worried about it, the idea that someone would want to behave ill towards me or any of the others. I was more than a little bit relieved when Mr. Willington told me that he had found someone that he felt was worth me having a talk with, an interview.

I didn't often meet people bigger than myself, but Colonel Harrison Sweet was 2" taller than me at 6'7" and looked like an old oak tree; hard as iron, bald, and quite a few visible scars. Reading the material that Mr. Willington had given me, I had learned that he was from British Guiana and had spent 20 years in the SAS with dozens of deployments to very dangerous theaters around the world before receiving a dishonorable discharge, the reasons for which weren't included in the report. The past 3 years he had spent as the personal bodyguard to one of the sons of the Emir of the Qatar.

"Colonel Sweet, this is Alex Hanson," Mr. Willington introduced.

"Mr. Hanson," Colonel Sweet said in a mellifluous basso voice as he shook my hand, his being totally calloused, applying only as much pressure as he felt that I was comfortable with. I had the feeling that he could have crushed every bone in my hand had he really squeezed.

"Colonel," I said, fascinated by the man's body energy. There was a lethality to him that was unmistakable, reminding me of Suzi's words about the intimidation factor. "How do you feel about the idea of being a bodyguard for me and my family?" I asked.

"It's what I do, sir," he replied.

"My age doesn't bother you?" I asked.

"My last assignment was a young man not much older than you, I'd guess," he replied.

"Why are you willing to leave that assignment?" I asked.

"I've left it, regardless," he replied.

"May I know why?" I asked.

"Arabs treat blacks like shit," he replied bluntly, "even though most of them would be considered black anywhere in the world. I saved my client's life four times in the past three years and never heard a word of thanks, though I had to endure plenty of racist comments."

"To your face?" I asked, aghast.

"They didn't realize that I spoke Arabic so fluently," he replied, a slight smile creasing his otherwise expressionless face. "It got to the point where the money I was being paid wasn't worth what I was having to deal with. The son I was assigned to was nothing but human garbage and I don't give him much of a chance of seeing old age. Two of the attempts on his life came from within his family. I decided that he wasn't worth dying for."

"But you'd...you'd do that for me, for my family?" I asked, shocked as the reality of what he was telling me sank in.

"That remains to be seen," he replied. "If I found you or your family...unworthy, for lack of a better word, I'd not agree to take the assignment."

"Well, speaking for myself, the only garbage that you're going to find in my family is in a trash can," I said with a bit of heat, not appreciating the implication of his words.

"I meant no offense, sir," he said. "I'm a professional soldier. I'm not a diplomat. If I can't be honest with you, then you have no business employing me for such a position."

"I prefer Alex, if you don't mind," I said, calming myself. "Why were you dishonorably discharged after 20 years?" I asked. "Or is that something that you'd prefer not discussing?"

"I was caught in a compromising situation with another soldier," he replied expressionlessly.

"And they kicked you out for that?" I asked. "That seems pretty stupid."

"The military has its rules," he said. "I broke one and got caught and paid the price. I have no one to blame but myself."

"What about the other soldier?" I asked.

"He was also kicked out," he replied.

"Oh," I said, abashed, flashbacks of military school in my head. "Are you gay?"

"I'm ambivalent," he replied evenly. "Is that relevant?"

"Not to me," I replied, shaking my head. "I shouldn't have pried."

"You have every right to know," he said. "There'd be something wrong with you if you didn't."

"I can assure you that the background report we had done on you will only ever be seen by Mr. Willington and myself. Do you have any questions for me?" I asked.

"Are there any known threats to yourself or your family that you're aware of?" he asked.

"No," I replied.

"I'd want to meet the people involved," he said, "see the physical situation so that I'd understand what I'd be dealing with."

"I'm afraid that my life isn't as exciting as that of an emir's son," I said. "Suzi and I like to run in the morning, then go for a swim. My mother, Erin, and Juanita don't do anything more than shopping. And we like to eat out."

"Why don't we go to the condo so that the Colonel can see that?" Mr. Willington suggested.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Well, the only thing you need to worry about here is a helicopter gunship," Colonel Sweet said after seeing the condo. "Is the elevator secured?"

"It's private, if that's what you mean," I replied. "You need a special key to use it and it always signals up here when it's being used."

"No passive scanner?" he asked.

"I don't know what that is, but I don't think so," I replied.

"Similar to an airport's x-ray machine for people," he explained. "Something to spot any weapons or explosives."

"They'd have told us when we bought it if there was," I said. "Is that really necessary?"

"Most kidnappings have inside connections," he replied. "For the $150,000 it would cost to have installed, it would be well worth doing."

"It looks like someone's coming up," I said, indicating the light above the elevator.

"No video?" he asked.

"No," I replied.

"You should have that at a minimum," he said as the door began to open. "You should always know who's coming up."

"Oh, wow!" Suzi said as she exited the elevator, staring up at Colonel Sweet.

"Hello!" Penny said as she stepped off the elevator, followed by Erin and Juanita. "Suzi took us on another wonderful tour of the island."

"Colonel Sweet, this is Penny, my mother, and Erin, Juanita, and Suzi," I introduced. "This is the family. We're discussing security."

"Hi, Horace," Suzi said when she noticed him. "Is this your doing?" she asked, indicating Colonel Sweet.

"I'm afraid so, Suzi," Mr. Willington replied. "What do you think?"

"He's perfect," Suzi replied.

"Why is that, Suzi?" Mr. Willington asked.

"Because he'd scare the bejeezus out of anyone," Suzi said, laughing.

"Suzi is the proximate cause of our contacting you, Colonel," Mr. Willington said. "She noticed someone tailing her and Alex during their morning run recently."

"Have you seen the same person since?" Colonel Sweet asked.

"No," Suzi replied. "I've been looking for him, too. Everything about the guy was wrong."

"Why don't we go to the living room and continue our conversation?" Penny suggested. "You'll both join us for dinner?"

"Most gracious of you, Mrs. Hanson," Mr. Willington said.

"I wanted to talk to you about something, Mr. Willington," Penny said after asking Juanita to inform Chef André, taking his arm and leading the way to the living room. "I'd like to go back to my maiden name. Is that something that you can do for me?"

"Most assuredly, Mrs...what would that name be?" he asked.

"Vanderbilt," Penny replied. "But I think that Penny will do between us."

"Well, Colonel," I said after the dinner dishes were cleared away, "have you come to a decision about accepting the position?"

"Is it being offered?" he replied in question.

"Yes," I replied.

"What about housing?" he asked.

"Well, we have a one-bedroom condo in this building, ten floors down, that you can have," I replied. "There's also an unused bedroom here. What would you prefer?"

"Being closer to the target is always preferable security-wise," he replied. "At the same time, you might not be comfortable having me in your personal living space."

"Oh, I don't know about that," Suzi said, a mischievous grin on her face at which Erin giggled, covering her mouth.

"The condo comes with the job," I said. "So does the extra bedroom here. I'll leave it to you as to where and how you'll spend your time when you're not accompanying any of us somewhere."

"I charge $20,000 a month, payable in advance each month," he said. "You cover all expenses, including medical insurance and a $10 million life-insurance policy for the term of my employment."

"Mr. Willington will draw up a contract and take care of everything," I said.

"Can you arrange a firearms permit?" he asked. "My weapons are in Customs pending my ability to produce the proper permits.

"I can take care of that tomorrow," Mr. Willington replied, nodding.

"I have a company registered in the Cayman Islands," Colonel Sweet said. "Sweet Security LLC. I'd like the contract drawn up with the company, salary to be paid to my account in the Caymans. No point in paying taxes that I don't need to."

"If you'll provide me with the relevant information, that will not be a problem," Mr. Willington said.

"Welcome to the family, Colonel," I said, standing up and reaching across the table to shake his hand.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Colonel Sweet was waiting by the elevator in the morning when Suzi and I left Erin in our bed to go for our morning run and swim. I was surprised to see that he hadn't even broken a sweat after a 10-mile run.

"You always run the same trail every morning?" he asked as we walked to the aquatic center.

"Yes," I replied.

"Aren't there other trails that you could run?" he asked.

"Many," Suzi replied, "but this one is very handy to the aquatic center."

"You should randomly vary the trails each day," Colonel Sweet suggested. "Patterns are dangerous."

"Are you going to join us in the pool?" Suzi asked, eyeing him up and down.

"Better not," Colonel Sweet replied. "I'll just look around, see what the situation is security-wise."

"Join us for breakfast, Colonel," I said when we arrived back at the Tanjong Pagar Center, "then you can join them for a tour of the island while I meet with Mr. Willington."

"Let me shower first," he said.

"Would you like me to scrub your back for you?" Suzi asked with a sly grin on her face.

"I'm sure that I can manage," Colonel Sweet replied.

"I have no doubts about that," Suzi said, "but I was asking if you'd like me to scrub your back."

"Colonel, my family, and most especially Suzi, are not shy about sharing their thoughts," I said. "They all have a rather broad hedonistic streak, but you are free to make your own choices about how to react to them. I assure you that I will not be offended if you choose to take them up on their offers of assistance."

"Now would you like me to scrub your back for you?" Suzi asked, a twinkle in her eye.

"For the moment, I'll manage," Colonel Sweet replied.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Mrs. Wang, it is a pleasure to meet you," I said to the older woman who was in Mr. Willington's office when I arrived. "I appreciate this chance to hear what you have to say about my idea."

"It's an audacious plan, Mr. Hanson," she said, "but I'm not sure that it's one that's apropos for Singapore. Unlike the United States, all children have an equal opportunity when it comes to education in Singapore, regardless of their socio-economic status or background."

"My understanding is that we need to prove that we are capable of running a successful school," I said. "We're trying to prove an idea which we can then expand."

"Education in Singapore is very heavy on memorization and rote learning and rather lacking in critical thinking," Mrs. Wang said. "I believe it's quite different in the United States. Our system turns out excellent technicians more than anything."

"That's just a matter of philosophy and approach," I said. "We can still prove the validity of our ability to properly educate students and conform to the requirements of Singapore. Once we are able to expand to the United States, we can adjust the teaching methods to be more supportive of creative thinking. My personal goal is to emphasize humanity over science. I want to create the next generation of humanists, teachers, and innovators of life quality. It's one of the reasons I want to focus on children from disadvantaged situations. They'll have the most empathy for what we're trying to accomplish and the greatest need."

"Well, there are certainly no shortage of schools that emphasize the sciences and economics," Mrs. Wang said. "There's been precious little innovation in education anywhere in decades. That's a reason that we're seeing test scores across the board and around the world declining year after year."

"Do you believe that what I want to do is even possible?" I asked.

"Given enough commitment and resources, most definitely," Mrs. Wang replied. "But it will be difficult and very expensive. There are a lot of entrenched interests that won't be happy seeing the status quo change, especially if the change results in them and their ways being shown in a bad light, which would be the natural result of your idea working."

"Would you be willing to work with us, spearhead our efforts here in Singapore?" I asked. "You will have all the commitment and resources that you require, I promise."

"I think that I'd enjoy the challenge, Mr. Hanson," Mrs. Wang replied.

"I have a spare office here that you could use," I said.

"And who would I report to?" Mrs. Wang asked.

"Only me," I replied, "but other than the basics of what I require, I'd like to be able to leave everything in your hands. I won't presume to tell you what or how to do anything."

"Then I accept," Mrs. Wang said with a smile.

"How much would you like to be paid?" I asked.

"I'll leave that up to you," Mrs. Wang replied.

"Would $250,000 a year be sufficient?" I asked.

"More than sufficient," Mrs. Wang said.

"Then I'll have Mr. Willington draw up a contract," I said, very pleased. "When would you be able to start?"

"How about tomorrow?" Mrs. Wang asked.

"That's perfect," I laughed. "That gives me the rest of today to arrange furnishings for your office. Would you like to see it, tell me what you'll need besides a desk, chair, and computer?"

"I'd say that went rather well," Mr. Willington said when Mrs. Wang finally left.

"She's perfect," I agreed. "I feel like a weight has lifted off of my shoulders."

"Hello!" Suzi said as she flounced into the office, Colonel Sweet in her wake.

"Did you have a nice tour?" I asked when Suzi came and stood next to me, resting her arm on my shoulder.

"It was okay," Suzi replied. "I liked seeing the looks on some of the faces as people scrambled to get out of the way when they saw the Colonel here."

"Colonel?" I asked.

"That car is like a neon sign," Colonel Sweet said. "Nice ride, though. It needs to be secured."

"How's that?" I asked.

"If I were going to make a move against you, I'd put some sort of a surveillance device on the car," he replied, "either a bug or a tracker, or both."

"What can we do to prevent that?" I asked.

"I'd have a scanner installed," he replied. "I'd also like to see this office more secure; locked front door that needs to be released from inside. You'll need a video system so that you can see who wants entry. Same with the elevator at the condo."

"Can you see to that?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied. "Have you thought about my suggestion for a passive scanner for the elevator at the condo?"

"Do that, too," I said. "Mr. Willington has your contract ready, so you can ask him for anything that you'd need to get everything done."

"Let's go to my office, Colonel," Mr. Willington said.

"He's a tough one," Suzi said when we were in my office, the door shut behind her. "I'd hate to have him pissed off at me. I've never met anyone who seemed so deadly before."

"I'm sure that he's just feeling his way in a new situation," I said. "He actually reminds me of you in a way."

"Seriously!?" Suzi replied, staring at me.

"He's got incredible integrity," I said. "I expect that the two of you will be great friends."

"Well, he's going to have to stop seeing me as an annoying little girl if that's going to happen," she said. "Other than blatantly asking him if he'd like to fuck me, he ignores my attempts to...draw him out."

"Is that what you want to do, have him fuck you?" I asked.

"Erin, Juanita and I have a bet about who gets him to fuck them first," Suzi said, grinning. "Do you mind?"

"You know better," I replied, "though you might give him a chance to get settled in first."

"How come you don't get jealous?" Suzi asked. "Doesn't it bother you at all that I'd fuck other men?"

"The only thing I want for you is that you're happy," I replied. "When I saw you fuck Kimo, the only thing I felt was excitement. I liked seeing you fucking. It's not like you're going to stop fucking me because you find someone else, is it?"

1...3334353637...40