Possessing Bella

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,531 Followers

Jack honked the horn and waited until Dorothea and Stephen appeared before leaving for the return trip to their ranch.

"I'm going to stay a few more days; I love it here and I need to recharge my old batteries with some quiet contemplation," she hugged Bella, "You will be in good hands with Stephen. Let your mother feed you for a day or two before you go to the city, everything you're thinking about will wait for you."

Stephen opened the car door for Bella and Dorothea let her go, "Take care of her Stephen she is precious."

"I know," he smiled and got into the driver's side. "Buckle up, Bella." He waited until she had buckled in before starting the engine and driving away leaving Dorothea to enjoy her solitude. "You looked tired, try and get some sleep before we get to your parents. I don't want you to get in trouble for not looking after yourself. Dorothea is right you are too skinny at the moment."

"Thank you," she said softly, "I am sorry Dorothea bullied you into driving me home I am sure you have better things to do than chauffeur me around."

"It actually nice to have your company," Stephen smiled.

"Let's see if you feel that way after I start snoring," Bella reclined her seat slightly.

"Rest, little one," Stephen chuckled, "I'll turn the stereo up to muffle your snoring if it gets to loud."

*****

Rosie fussed around the car before it had even come to a complete stop. Bella was grateful that Stephen had woken her up twenty minutes before arriving and thanks to the preparedness of Dorothea she had all she needed to look and feel refreshed in a small bag at her feet in the car.

"Baby you're here!" Rosie exclaimed as if it was a surprise and motioned to Joe, "Look who's here. Look who's here!"

"Hey, there Elliebellie," Joe said as she climbed from the car. "Thanks for bring her down Stephen. Can I tempt you to stay for dinner?"

"How could I pass up the chance to taste the legendary cooking of your wife? You know Kurt brags constantly that she keeps him supplied with the best macaroons in the country." Stephen smiled and accepted the offer graciously. During their brief telephone conversation, Rob had urged Stephen to stay with Bella, explaining from personal experience just how easy it is to slip back into grief and melancholia even when everything seems so much better. Stephen didn't think that would be the case with Bella but had not argued the point rather agreeing to stay as long as her parents would let him.

Reaching into the back seat of the car, he produced a bottle of red wine and a small bunch of flowers. "Our friends had warned me to expect your generous hospitality," he said amiably..

"If we are opening that you might have to stay the night," Joe looked approvingly at the bottle. "Rosie leave Bella alone for one minute and come and say hello to our new friend. The bed in the spare room is made up isn't it?"

"Of course what sort of house do you think I am running here!" Rosie moved to embrace Stephen and kiss his cheek as if they were old friends already.

"You are just as beautiful, and Kurt told me, now if your cooking is half as good I may just steal you away from your husband," Stephen flattered her and enjoyed the blush his words elicited.

"Everyone wants to steal my wife," Joe threw his hands up, "Let's go inside and raid the fridge Elliebellie, your mother went shopping as soon as you called. All of your favourites are stocked in there." His arm wrapped around her shoulder as they walked inside, and he leaned closer asking, "How are you doing really?"

"I feel good Dad, better than I have since..." her eyes clouded over, "Well you know." He squeezed her shoulder and nodded.

"Don't you touch my refrigerator Joe, you're on a diet remember?" Rosie exclaimed hurrying after them.

"She's trying to starve me!" Joe complained loudly.

"Don't worry Dad I will sneak you some treats," Bella winked and Rosie huffed in exasperation at the two of them.

Stephen chuckled watching the scene. He had believed that the lovely submissive nature of Bella had come from an authoritative patriarchal family, and though he had heard of them from both Kurt and Mel during the aftermath of the anniversary party when Jake had been dispatched to move her entire apartment in one evening, he still hadn't been prepared for the warm, loving scene he was witnessing.

Managing the club as Mel's right hand in the years of Rob's absence had given him a good understanding or so he thought of what brought women to embrace their submissiveness. Girls from broken homes, or violent pasts, girls with father complexes who craved that authoritative control but once again Mel had surprised him by his choice of Bella. She did not fit the typical masochistic profile that Mel had always favoured. She did not lack self-confidence nor did Joe seem like the strict disciplinarian he had expected. Yet he knew the petite young woman before him to be the bondage slave to one of his closest friends.

He shook his head at the juxtaposition of the different facets of Bella's life and idly wondered about how she acted in the professional world of Mel's company. She was a business major if he remembered correctly, and he tried to imagine her in business suits and high heels rather than the revealing outfits she wore to the club or plain summer dresses she wore at the moment.

Once settled in their rooms they went out to the courtyard and sat in the cool shade of the trees. It was Bella who finally broke the comfortable silence. "I'm sorry I have been unbearable for the last few months," she addressed her parents.

"Hush now," her mother waved away the apology, "You had good reason. We all loved Mel." Rosie's eyes began to mist.

"Now, now, my love," Joe started but Bella finished for him.

"Not in front of Bella," she giggled. "It's okay really. I am doing okay. What is it they say? You can't go backwards, only forwards, and I have put my life on hold for too long. Mel died; I didn't, and a wise friend told me recently that life was for the living. I will always love him, you know, and hold his memory close to my heart but it's time to embrace the world again." Bella looked at the concern on her parent's faces and knew they weren't convinced. She looked to Stephen for help.

"I for one would just be happy if you would eat more, you have gotten far too skinny and frail looking. Not the tough little Bella I knew at all. So what's on the menu for dinner Rosie I have been looking forward to this the whole drive up here," Stephen tactfully changed the subject.

"Just some pasta I am afraid, nothing special," but she glowed with pride at the compliment to her cooking.

"She has been fussing over pasta al'ama," Joe said in a stage whisper to Bella, who smiled widely.

"Oh goodie I love that!" Bella enthused. "She's making duck. It's one of my favourites!" She translated for Stephen.

"Great can't wait!" Stephen enthused, "It will go great with the red I brought with us."

"How long are you staying Elliebellie? Your mother has bought enough food to feed you for six months, all your favourites!" Joe chuckled.

"Now that I have made the decision to re-join the land of the living I sort of want to get back to it," she said softly not wanting to disappoint her parents with such a brief stay. "And I was wondering if I could ask your professional advice about something, in the morning maybe?" She let her eyes flicker to her mother who was perched on the edge of her seat, but had stayed silent due to the hand Joe had placed on her shoulder to still her complaints.

"No time like the present," Joe smiled, "Come to my den and I will put on that funny white wig you love to laugh at."

Bella chewed her lip but as her father got up and put out his hand to her she followed. Stephen had to admit he was impressed by the man. His subtle domination of his wife and daughter showed in the way he calmly spoke in a tone that brooked no argument and in the physical gestures he exchanged with his wife to still her emotional outburst at Bella's seeming eagerness to return to the city.

If he had not been scrutinising Bella's family life, he may have only seen the loving warmth with which he did these things, but Stephen was in no doubt the man was king of his castle. He turned to make small talk with Rosie asking about recipes and such for a friend of his Jake, who was a chef always looking to change his menu and experiment with food.

Standing within her father's study Bella felt like an errant teenager again. This had been the room that she never argued with her father in. She admitted her misdeeds and took whatever punishment he laid out for her. It seemed strange to be here asking his advice but somehow fitting. This room reminded her of his intelligence and business acumen. How he had left a partnership in a large corporate firm and struck out on his own to start a private practice not long after she was born affording her the life she enjoyed in this idyllic country town as she grew up.

"Have a seat Bella," he laughed, "You're not a child in here for a scolding."

For some reason she was suddenly nervous, it had all made so much sense in her head as she thought about it over the last few weeks but now she was here in this room she was at a loss for words.

"I am rich," she suddenly blurted as a place to start, "Thanks to Mel I mean."

"Let's call it independently wealthy," Joe smiled, "and yes, thanks to Mel you are extraordinarily well provided for. Where is this going?" he asked shrewdly.

"I don't think I can take working at Mel's company surrounded by our friends and the memories. I am doing okay," she hastened to reassure him, "But I wondered about the logistics of buying a small franchise or company of my own. I mean do I have enough capital? I have a business degree, and all and know how everything works, but I have learned the reality of small business is often nothing like they teach in textbooks." She let out the breath she didn't realise she held as she finally got to her point.

"It would depend on the business. Did you have something particular in mind?" Joe was contemplating the young woman who sat on the other side of his desk trying to look at the situation from the viewpoint of a lawyer rather than a father.

"I was thinking more the retail side of things, a specialist shop rather than manufacturing," she said hopefully, "Maybe something fun like reasonably priced designer gowns or costume jewellery or a combination of the two."

"I would guess with the income you have received quarterly from the dividends of the stock you hold in Mel's company that you could afford to open your own designer house or jewellery shop," Joe said .

"I was thinking that when I go back I would talk to Kurt about maybe going to visit some manufactures and retail business to see how they run first. Make sure it is the right thing for me to invest in," she said quietly.

"That's a smart way to approach it," Joe approved and was proud of his daughter's obvious maturity in her thought processes. He had worried when the conversation began that she was about to ask for something frivolous or dangerous, flying lessons in her own private jet or some such.

"It would mean a fair bit of travel, and you know mum," Bella didn't need to finish the sentence as she saw her father nod and look thoughtful.

"You could take her with you on a trip or two," Joe suggested.

"Maybe, but it's something I would like to do on my own, something that is just me, you know? I went from here to working for Mel, I always had someone looking after me." She looked her father in the eye and straightened her shoulders, "I want to see what it's like to make some big choices in my life, for good or bad and know that I still have a home and income if it doesn't work out." She smiled crookedly, "Seventy-five percent of first businesses fail, but I would really like to try. I won't travel alone; my PA will come with me I am sure if I fill her in on everything."

"So in essence," Joe smirked, "This is more about me handling your mother than it is about business advice." Bella blushed deeply and chewed her lip. "Well as your father I am proud that you grew up to be an intelligent, thoughtful young woman, and I will help with your mother as much as I can, but we both know how she will react to extended absences especially after what happened in Italy." Bella grimaced and nodded opening her mouth to speak, but he held up his hand to still her.

"As your lawyer, however, I would warn you against making rash decisions and council that all business dealings of a personal nature, outside of the company, where your interests are held in the safe hands of Kurt and Rob, come through me. That is not negotiable Bella, Joe fixed her with a stern look and said, "No businessman would act without the advice of a lawyer."

"I understand," Bella smiled.

"Good, now I will invest the dividends you earn in some short term investment bonds, say six to twelve months. That will give you plenty of time to travel and explore all of your options," Joe was all business like as he tapped on his computer. "Twelve months would be better to ensure you had ample capital without touching the larger amount already invested in long term investments."

"Thanks Dad, and thanks for not treating me like a wounded bird just now. I really am okay. I just wish everyone else would stop walking on eggshells around me. It was horrible, and I still jump at loud noises but I am okay and I am ready to start living again," Bella said with conviction.

"Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?" Joe laughed and came around the desk. "We better get out there or your mother will be cranky that we ruined the meal. Do me a favour?" Joe watched as Bella nodded, "Eat as much as you can and drink lots, she will be easier to convince if you are not continuing to starve yourself."

Bella laughed and agreed. Joe needn't have worried Bella was hungry, and the food as usual was superb. She felt really good about the decisions she had made within the last twenty-four hours and having convinced her father of her return to a rational state of mind she just had to overcome the hurdle of convincing her guardians and protectors, Rob and Kurt.

"I am sorry everyone; I think I need an early night," Bella said and stood unsteadily from the table as they sat chatting amiably after dessert which she had forced down to please her parents. She had relaxed and let her wine glass be refilled several times during the course of the meal. She rarely drank much, and the effect made her feel so deliciously warm and cosy that her eyes had started drooping.

"Still waking up with the dreams?" Rosie asked concerned.

"Less often now," Bella smiled and headed for the stairs.

"I think you might need a hand," Stephen moved to her side and wrapped an arm about her waist. "I'll be right back," he said over his shoulder as he guided the drunken Bella up the stairs.

"You know your very handsome," she said looking up at the tall hulking man supporting her as they reached the top of the stairs, "I wish you had been around when I was picking up one night stands. You wouldn't have left me high and dry I am sure. Vanilla is a truly yucky flavour now, and I used to love it. It's funny don't ya think?" Bella spoke totally oblivious to the look of horror on Stephen's face.

"You picked up men? In bars?" there was incredulity in his voice.

"Yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time," she said sleepily, "Dud fucks all of them. Dorothea explained vanilla would never satisfy me again. Then Jack and Dusty came with their idea, and I thought what the hell, there has to be at least one dominant out there that won't treat me like a fragile bird with a broken wing and give me what I need."

"Go to sleep," Stephen growled holding in his temper making her open her eyes again to look at him.

"I am tired of the pity in everyone's eyes and the egg shells everyone walks on around me. I can't just be put on a shelf like a broken toy. You get that right?" She sounded as if she was desperately trying to convince him, and he was shocked by her words, "I loved Mel but he is gone, he left me, I want to feel something again, know that intense pleasure he gave me again, it doesn't have to be love, just someone who can fuck my brains out the way he did." She giggled at her own crass words and covered her mouth.

"Sleep Bella," Stephen stroked her hair watching as she closed her eyes.

"Your very handsome," she whispered sleepily, "I bet you could rock my world."

Stephen said nothing but waited until her breathing changed into the deep rhythm of sleep before leaving the room. He entered the kitchen where Rosie and Joe were cleaning up with a smile. "She doesn't usually drink much does she," he said with a small laugh.

"No, but red wine is good for the body, ask any doctor," Rosie said. "It was good to see her so relaxed and happy. Did you see she ate the whole plate of pasta and dessert? I think we might have our girl back from her dark days," Rosie impulsively hugged Joe her eyes misting yet again.

"Now, now, my love, let's not make our guest uncomfortable," Joe embraced his wife.

"Actually I was just thinking how comfortable I have felt here since our arrival. The legends of your hospitality are all true I am glad to report," Stephen smiled at the couple.

"Well I will let you men do manly things and have an early night too," Rosie wiped her hands on a dishtowel and kissed her husband goodnight, "Sleep well, Stephen," she embraced him briefly and head up the stairs, as well.

"Want to see what I got Bella for her birthday?" Joe asked with a mischievous grin.

"I didn't know she had a birthday soon," Steven admitted, "But lead on I am curious for sure."

The men walked out to the garage where Joe proudly unveiled a Nash Healy roadster. The time passed quickly after that as car enthusiast Stephen pumped Joe with questions and got his hands dirty tinkering with the engine. A high pitched scream ripped the air, and Joe cursed shaking his head and putting an arm out to stop Stephen from running back to the house.

"She suffers nightmares about the shooting," he said sadly. "We better finish up out here though she will come down seeking company if the lights are still on."

Stephen grunted and washed up before helping Joe with the car cover. They were making their way back to the house when Bella appeared in the back courtyard. "I am a night owl; I can keep Bella company if you want to head up to bed," Stephen offered.

"All right," Joe agreed. "There is a range of movies in there if you want to watch one." He hugged Bella, "Why don't you choose one for him, you can watch until you fall asleep again."

"Okay Dad," Bella murmured sleepily and wandered back into the house followed by the two men.

Stephen sat on the couch as Bella selected a movie. The opening credits began to roll, and he saw her head toward one of the single recliners, "Come sit with me, little one," Stephen gave her little choice with the tone of voice he used. If she wanted people to begin to treat her normally again that was fine by him. He quite liked the look of surprise on her face as she turned to regard him momentarily before moving to the couch he sat upon.

Smirking at her, he threw a cushion on the floor next to his feet and indicated that she should sit there. He watched the mixture of emotion play across her face as she knelt on the cushion with her back to him facing the screen as the movie started. Stephen reached out and played with her hair with a whispered, "Good girl." He watched as she relaxed under his gentle petting and barely took note of the movie as he replayed her words earlier. Rob's possessive guardianship was the only thing stopping him from disciplining her for her reckless behaviour but perhaps he would discipline the old girl after all for condoning it.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,531 Followers