All Comments on 'Prize Fighter'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
BriteaseBriteaseabout 13 years ago
liked it

A good read --- thanks

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
like the movie THE NAKED GUN

what kills this story is that Dan is so unbelieveably pathetically stupid...

that the reader ends up HOPING he gets screwed over again because in the end stupid people really need to die and go away.

the clues are so Numeorus it's like the move THE NAKED GUN with the late great Leslie Nelsen. In the movie there is scene he is thinking about his ex wife... where he is wondering if he missed any of the cluess about his wife's behavior....

" what sort of tour job require that she trvale with the Los Angelese Raiders 300 days out of the year?...I wonder if maybe that was not her real job?....."

In this awful story.... 45 seconds after they leave the resturant on their 1st date his cock in her mouth

he comes home and catches showing her pussy to 2 vaccum cleaner sales men

Naked men are coming of her bedroom when Danny is their to pick her up for a date

hmmmm I wonder .....

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 13 years ago
Mike 2710 was a bit succinct with his comment.

I enjoyed the story. Nothing can make or break a man like a woman can. This was a fun read. Thanks for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Easy & light to read.

It was refreshing to read something different as opposed to the rash of wimp shit on this site lately.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Well at least Danny showed some sense and picked the hooker....

Good read and although the road was rocky, Danny found the right path.

RehnquistRehnquistabout 13 years ago
Learning Curve

The Hammer Man just had a fucked up learning curve. Still, it was fun following his journey to the moment when he finally realized the world's greatest piece of ass isn't worth dealing with the world's most self-centered, nutjob tramp.

Was it painful at times like Harry points out? Sure. But if he'd have immediately gotten over his love for her and moved on and hooked up with Lee, the story would've been about five paragraphs and had no tension.

Believe it or not, most of the population--sadly--keep their heads in the sand and ignore the obvious until they are flat out hit in the head.

So keep up the superb work!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
sorry rehnquist

not sure if you read the story....Danny was HIT on the head as you put it... by her... SEVERAL times.

she literally robbed him blind.... furniture clothes Money everything

and it made NO difference .

and what finally broke his addiction to that revolting cunt? a Hooker beat her up.

The thing is when the Hooker and danny get married... in a few years she will figure out how fucking stupid danny really is and take him for everything he has.

Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Good

Yeah, Danny was a bit slow, but he finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I liked the story, it had a realistic, gritty feel to it and the ending was perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
read your others

read your other stories and can't believe you wrote this crap and it was crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Only

I only read this all the way through because you wrote it.

Not your best story but a little enjoyable...just not what we are use to.

I only gave you a four this time because I thought the story line sucked.

Thanks anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story...

I really enjoyed this one...great detail...keep them coming...I'm a fan...

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 13 years ago
Interesting read..

But not one of your best. Usually your protagonists have a little more on the ball than this. Don't get me wrong I didn't not like it, I just expected a little better from someone who usually gives us a better read.

Or maybe I just want to believe that we men are a little smarter than this.

C

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Too many words, too little story

Ok, so he likes to fuck sluts, first patty, then the whore, then the mother only to start all over again, in that order. It's his fetish, not mine. However, it's too thin, as written to make a story. The learning to fight bit of filler didn't have much to do with anything. He could have worked at flower arranging, same thing. Plus we really didn't even learn anything about professional fighting.

There was no real anguish, no action that meant anything. Plus there was no character development, they were all stick figures. The idea of him marrying his whore, now reformed, was a nice thought, have your cake and eat it too, but it would have been much better if her life and decision to go clean was the focus of the story, ending with Danny, her kind, but stupid customer willing to marry her.

Lastly, to all writers, the false modesty in using the words "seemed to", or "somehow " such as 'She seemed to like me licking her pussy' is a very weak wording and to be avoided.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
It works!

your stories always have some realism in them. nobody is perfect and your characters are given enough time for their changes. Thanks for continuing to write stories and sharing it w/ us.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Fascinating Story

Could there really be people like this? All of them were very strange and --- interesting. Thanks for the entertainment.

StangStar06StangStar06about 13 years ago
Excellent job

I loved it. A truly great and original story. That's hard to do in the LW category. But you did it well.

magmamanmagmamanabout 13 years agoAuthor
RE: Could there really be people like this?

Yes, Bruce, there can be. Two of them for sure, one was named Patty (real name) and I was married to her once way back. She loved to do the things I describe, but it damn near took a jackhammer to get her off.

That was a learning curve, I have used her character before in stories because she was quite a character. She was greedy, selfish, over sexed, and completely not to be trusted..ever. In fact, she is still out there, probably doing over some poor guy. She even emailed me once, between husbands, wanting a rerun. She didn't get one.

Yep, In Lewiston, I bet some of you know her.

And Tim. (Real name) Yep, my Karate instructor when I was a very young man, he weighed 125 pounds on a good day and could whip his weight in wildcats. He could whip me too. He really did like getting hit, the real truth is I didn't like it.

Nearly everything I write has bits and pieces of facts. The rest? Just having fun, like always. Thanks to those who enjoy my poor efforts.

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
one dumb son of bitch

i know,he been hit in the head to many times.

mike2710mike2710about 13 years ago
good story

For some reason my comments did not show. Good story and thanks for the entertainment.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
He said he was dumb and no one would argue with him

Normally the women in the stories are stupid. After getting ripped off for all his stuff and assets and getting his ass kicked in a fight he still hooks up with Patty again? At least when your Patty called Magmaman you had the sense to say no thanks. I guess a problem I have is that people that are this stupid usually don't realize it. They just keep blundering along. After all, if you knew you were doing something massively foolish, wouldn't you stop. Obviously some people don't. But are they interesting to read about? Or are they just a quick chuckle in the Darwin Awards? <br><br>

However, overall I liked the story because it was reasonably unique. It did remind me of the When We Were Married series because of the body remake. It was funny how Lee clobbered Patty, something he had wanted to do all along. Revenge by proxy. Nice work but you've used up your dumb male free pass.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 13 years ago
No one to like!

I didn't like anyone in this story. The main character was an idiot All of the women were whores. Damned depressing... Good writing, not a likable story. He started out stupid and ended that way.

AmicusVerusAmicusVerusabout 13 years ago
Excellent story

This story is very good. The characters are interesting, the plot is paced perfectly, and the plot is great. I tend to like more dialog, but I didn't really miss it much with your high quality narrative.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
great action story!!

a very good read with its ups and downs. dont let the wimps tell you different. i enjoyed it all the way, buddy!!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 13 years ago
Fun to read

Yes, there were a few writing errors. Yes, the characters were dumb -- and Patty and her family were trailer trash, and we know what we do with the trash . . . Dan certainly did some stupid things -- he's human, after all. But it was an enjoyable story to read, and it had a realistic bent to it. I think a second chapter could even be appropriate considering our hero, Dan, needs to whip the big bruiser who beat him when he was way out of shape. Thanks for writing.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 13 years ago
Another winner

You already know I like your work. This was another winner. The fighting scene was very good and you made readers care about the fighter and the retired pro. Like most everybody, I'd love to see him go up against Killer Kowalski ( and I know ifyou're the right age you have to remember the real wrasler Killer K), but it's not necessary unless there's some kind of a romantic twist involving the retired pro, and I'd hate to see that because it would be screwing up a happy ending. But it might be fun because we always like to read about other people's misery. And as far as the ex, I've been lucky to avoid getting bruised by such in my life, but I've known guys that weren't lucky. (or at least, they were lucky but they payed for the luck). Anyway, a good story.

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
Just!!!!!

A DAMN GOOD READ!! (THANK YOU)

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
Partial Pulp Fiction Redux

Much like a study of Bruce Willis' character in the Tarantino classic. Good guy, heart of gold prize fighter, not too bright, but he keeps our interest because he is such a contrast to the world around him.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
Whether or not it is true, it read as if it is.

Very believable and real to me. The fight scenes were very well done and the characters seemed to be real.

A nice smooth flowing and well edited story.

A pleasure to read

Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I like seeing the good guys win

:)

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
That was a rough road -

Too many hits to the head even before he started fighting lol

But Lee stuck it out and won good for her -

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Great Tale

I was glad at the end when he finally realized that Lee was the one. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a complete and total moron

what a loser thinking with his dick like all men do......he was lucky the lass stayed around but took him long enough to realise it.....a total plonker...did not deserve to have her.....

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Suicide

There are people out there that could do humanity a HUGE favour by eliminating themselves from the gene pool by killing themselves. This guy is a serious candidate. There is no excuse for being a fucking moron. None. People that dumb drag down the average intelligence of the the entire planet all on their own. There is no such thing as a person incapable of learning, they are just too lazy to try. Yes, some people take longer to learn some things than others, but at least they try. Dumb people are holding humanity back!

SigintSigintabout 8 years ago
Heroes

You don't have to be a rocket scientist.

The woman you fall in love with doesn't have to be a beauty queen/virgin.

You just gotta have a certain something.

It helps if the guy writing your tale has flare for imbuing you with that.

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Quit scrapping

He needs to teach and mentor and give up fighting. He has getting to old to recover. Start a family and enjoy life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Poorly written...

... too many one sentence paragraphs.

Makes it choppy.

Difficult to read.

Hard to follow.

Might have been a good story, if the author knew how to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Luv a happy ending .....

yeah...luv it !!!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Good one, quite enjoyable, thanks

StubbyoneStubbyone6 months ago

Whew ! Danny’s character was as dumb as a box of rocks. Women can make you that way. You say you won’t take them back after they run off and sleep with another guy, then they say they’re sorry and bat those baby blues at you and you melt. You swear you won’t touch the skank again, then in a weak moment you find yourself licking the slit that you know yesterday was filled with some other guy’s cum. You swear you’ll never kiss her again, then find yourself french kissing the woman that you know was blowing some guy last night who filled her mouth with a hot load. Some women can make you a bumbling idiot, regardless of what they do. Damn those women. Haha. Good writing, but too much of the “fighting bit.” Didn’t really add to the story and just dragged it out. Your writing was still good and gave it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Had to stop reading half way through.

You wrote an MC, so pathetically stupid, I was actually yelling at the screen.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories