All Comments on 'Pulling On The Wool'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wrong category

not romance. She was a LW, and a conniving bitch.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE TIMES AND TRIALS

of a silver spoon son and his trek to adulthood. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
it was

very sad...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Typical magmaman tale..

Usual cheating wife story by the author. No real "bite" to the plot.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Good Work

The mice have it wrong, this is a never-ending tale and quite romantic, furthermore she was never a cheating wife, if you believe the author, and he would be the only one to know.

Nicely put together tale of very interesting people, even if it would be very difficult to identify with any of them! I prefer to be entertained by the content, and do not want to live the tale. My thanks to the author!

magmamanmagmamanover 12 years agoAuthor
I guess I just don't get it.

A few of you seem to be able to actually READ, and I do appreciate sincere comments both positive and negative. When errors or flaws are pointed out, that can help us all to improve.

Part of the popularity of this site is the comments section, and any author will covet those big red "H's" on a story.

But no matter what I do write, no matter how hard I try to do something perhaps more real than not, perhaps different, without fail someone will read into it a different story entirely? Yes, it IS a romance, not a L/W story because they ended up NOT married but happy.

There was NO cheating anywhere in this story, (lies yes, that changed in time just like it can in life) and no "wimps" either, another word some of you folks appear to love.

The REAL thought is to show that a Mother will go to any length, lie, cheat, steal, even give their LIFE for their child! In the beginning, the female character chose one path, yet as a true love grew, she changed into something far different.

Some of you also delight to post profanity, which is a waste of time because I will delete all I see containing that.

I do know I see a lot of other writers getting the same responses, like yesterday when I DELETED about 100 comments posted by ONE idiot filled with all caps and profanity. Some of those writers we see chased off after just one or two efforts, and that is a shame.

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Interesting

I liked the story on lots of levels. Not going to really analyze it beyond that as it was a good read and seemed to have a lot of real life in it.

CarcamCarcamover 12 years ago
A different life style!

Yes it may be sad - to most of us - but it is a type of lifestyle that is happening more and more. I know of 3 couple that are married and live in different places. One couple has their own house that they live in - across the street from each other (2 kids) - they have been happily married for 10 years. Another couple lives in the same building, but on different floors - married for 7 1/2 years (1 kid & 1 due in 3 months). The third couple lives about 100 miles apart, in 2 different states - married almost 6 years (no kids). That is not for me, but it works for them - and as all as they are happy with their lives - f**k the rest of us.

I liked the story, keep it up the good work and don't mind the stupid critics - critics are like eunuchs, they may know all there is about sex, but can't do it themselves !!!!!!!!!!! cch

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
Magnaman, if you don't want comments, then turn off comments. Don't Whine!

This was a well written story about stupid people doing stupid things.

And, god knows there are a lot of stupid people in the world. So, it is "true to life" and could easily be a true story.

I agree that the story should be in Romance. There actually was no cheating although the "Wife" was a lying sack of excrement. If she had fessed up, I expect he would have married her anyway since he was infatuated and in love with her.

I think the story would have been enhanced and more "likable" had they reconciled and re-married prior to the birth of his son.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A Loving wife

does not automatically mean a cheating wife. There have been many LW's where the wife is faithful. This girl became a negative loving wife when she trapped her man, knowing full well he was not the father of her child. She looked at him as only a meal ticket. She even had the audacity to name the child after him. He discovers the truth and mommy rescues the poor boy. Then once divorced Sarah lures him back, and gets pregnant again with his kid. She spites him by refusing his love he so desperately wants to give her and throws him away. He is so badly torn he can't have another meaningful relationship. Romantic? Not by my definition.

He finally grew a pair, and told mommy off, but I agree it would have worked better with a romantic reconcile. But she was a schemer. Still well written.

BFG85BFG85over 12 years ago
This is one mixed up story.

They are nothing but friends with benifits and they have two kids to look after, how messed up is that? Sarah wouldn't let Dan bring up some elses child, even when Dan was willing to do so, that seems a little strange to me. As for cheating? No there wasn't any as such. But I couldn't live with someone that lied and trapped me like she did, but I guess some people would.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
didn't feel right

I didn't like this story. Why did he allow her to get pregnant again? Why didn't he move on with his life? How could Dan ever trust what she says again? His friends and family could only shake their heads in dismay. There was a weakness about him that I found irritating. This story just didn't feel right.

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Confusing

There seems to be a concern what category this is as opposed to the merits of it. Regardless what category, it was difficult for me to understand where this was headed. He met her and fell in love. She is pregnant by another. She traps him looking for stability for her unborn child. Then she falls in love with him, but is afraid to tell him the child isn't his, yet admits she knew he would figure it out and leave her. The child is born she names it after him? He figures it out, not to dificult. He leaves her because of his interfering Mother. Yet he still deeply cares for her. He hooks back up with her, she deliberately gets pregnant with his child. He doesn't mind, he tells off Mother. asks her to marry she says no because of their past. Wow! Now 12 years later they are seeing only each other, obviously in love, never went out with others, friends with benefits. Living in different places. I am sorry but it confuses me. Two people in love yet so blind. Thought provoking. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Magmaman, like someone else said, if you don't like the comments, turn them off, though I do agree that there is no need for nasty comments or profanity. I didn't like this story, it just didn't feel right.

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago
Different.......

A different type of story that could have been in Romance or LW. Is lying the same as cheating? Good point for an arguement. Author never came out and said if Dan's "Mom" used something other then good business skills to get parts deals early on in the story.

Either way it was an entertaining tale that I enjoyed reading. Thanks for posting

JeffTomJeffTomover 12 years ago
I feel like the story is missing something

May be a diffrent ending or even a part 2. They need to be together to end the story. Not just having it be implied!

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
What a new approach

The weaknesses and strengths of all the players -

Dad knew Mom fucker her way to victory - he also knew she loved him and worshipped their son

Mom knew Dad was too soft to be an aggressive winner - but the strongest salesman and a good father

Danny was a momma's boy weak willed because he could be - he was strong enough to cope with reality and honorable enough to do the right things

Sara was an opportunist who manipulated to get what she needed (not just wanted) - she was smart and capable and independent and actually pretty loyal and had integrity (on her terms of course)

All asshats and all good people, in their own ways - what a mixed salad they were - fascinating thought provoking confused story line lol - NICE

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
A PAYBACK TURNS INTO A GIVE BACK

and neither were happy again.....so far... TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!!****

Thanks for sharing something different and very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a strange tale of love

jumped about a bit...was obvious the mother was fucking guys when on her so called business trips in order to get the deals......the wimp of a dad just put up with it just like the wimp son......getting back with the girl then getting her pregnant was a big mistake ...he should have moved on and found his own woman......as it is - a very strange set up but have heard similar real stories where a married couple live apart ...just how it works I have no idea....so the girl needs to have a change of heart now the kids have grown up and get married again or just get out of his life altogether and let him live his.....all very strange.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
takes all kinds

not all love is romantic flowers and hearts love, these two do love each other but find it hard to reconcile to live together, but remaining friends with benefits, helps their kids lives and him staying in his son's life. He's real enough to realise the daughter would always be a sore point between them. This is a relationship I recognise and with time and the kids getting older and living their own lives, could be a new starting point for the parents.

keep writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2686 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS