Reunion Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers

The total fight lasted less than half a minute. Basically I hit Cliff and he went to the ground. A couple people went toward his truck as I walked away. Then I stood back to see if Amy came out, but I never saw her.

Mall security patrol stopped and talked to Cliff, but he just got into his truck and drove away. I figured he was too embarrassed to say anything. The next day I got a call from Amy, even though she knew better.

"John, was it you who beat up Cliff Harrison in the mall parking lot yesterday?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Beth said she saw you at the mall yesterday. Why didn't you stop in and see me?"

"You were busy talking to your friend Cliff, so I went to say hi to Beth. So what happened to him? Not that he deserved whatever it was." Amy didn't even seem to catch my sarcasm.

"He comes in and bothers me. I told my supervisor but she said he is a customer and unless he says something off-color there isn't much she can do about it."

"I heard he wanted to take you to dinner."

"What, surely Beth didn't tell you that. John, I don't like Cliff and I'm happy to know that someone knocked him on his ass. I was just wondering if it was you."

I didn't know whether to believe Amy. That's the problem with someone lying. You never know if you're hearing the truth from them after that. I decided to say it wasn't me. Cliff would be the only one who could tell her the truth and if she found out, then I would know she talked to him again.

"Sorry, it wasn't me. Maybe he hit on someone else's wife. I have to go now. Talk to you later." I hung up the phone, hopefully leaving Amy wondering what really happened.

Life went on and I had my divorce papers ready if I ever wanted them served. I checked our credit cards and savings account but Amy wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. I missed her until I thought of the cheating and then about Cliff, and I always ended up pissed off. To the best of my knowledge, Cliff never bothered her again either. I guess she had been telling me the truth.

One afternoon my mom called me at work, which was really unusual.

"John, you need to come to the hospital. Amy passed out. They're running all sorts of tests on her."

"I'll catch a cab and be right there."

Amy wasn't even eight months along, but doing fine so far. I was worried sick. Mom and dad were in the waiting room when I got there.

"What happened? What's going on Mom?"

"Amy passed out at work. So far the doctors believe it's because of all the stress she's been under."

"What about the baby? Is he all right?" An earlier sonogram showed she was having a boy.

"The doctor said he would be talking to us after he sees some of the test results," said dad.

About fifteen minutes later the doctor came over to us.

"John, your wife is in dangerous territory. She'll have trouble carrying the baby full-term if her stress level doesn't come down. We talked about delivering the baby, but at this point his chances aren't the best. Every week she can hang on will up the odds.

"If her stress level stays high, it could kill her. Her best way to make it through this pregnancy is with complete bed rest. If she doesn't get proper care, she may have a miscarriage or even die herself. John, this is very serious stuff I'm talking here."

After the doctor left, I talked with my parents. There was no question his words hit me hard. What Amy did to us made me hate her, yet I still loved her. And she was carrying my baby. At least I hoped it was. Tests later would tell me one way or the other for sure. When they had Amy settled in a room, we went in to see her. She looked so tired that I felt sorry for her.

"Amy, after talking to the doctor, we discussed it and mom will stay with you while I'm at work. When I'm done, I'll take care of you the rest of the night."

"Does that mean you're moving back home?" she asked, a small smile crossing her face.

"I am for now, but I'll stay in the guest room and make sure you're taken care of. I may not be the best nurse but I'll do my best. The main thing is that you need to rest and take it easy."

I knew it was going to be hard for me but I wanted to do what was best for Amy and the baby. If I had to swallow my pride for a while, then so be it. Dad and I brought her home from the hospital the next day. Mom was already there putting fresh sheets on the bed and cleaning the house.

Amy changed into a nightgown, which would be her choice of clothing for the next month or so. We had a small TV that I moved into her room since I figured she would be watching it a lot. Mom made a simple dinner for everyone, and Amy went to bed early. Lying in the spare bedroom that night, I thought about how odd it felt to be back in my own home. It was a long time before I finally fell asleep.

The next morning I headed off to work. Without my license, I had to take the bus or taxi. Mom spent the day with Amy, and by the time I got home, she had a full meal ready and waiting. She never joined us though, since she wanted to get home to dad.

Amy had a bedside table in her room where I set her meals. After checking with her doctor, I put a recliner in there too. She sat there when she got sick of her bed. It also gave me a place to sit when I had meals with her.

From the beginning I told her I didn't want to talk about the baby. She couldn't understand it and kept pointing out he was my son. I didn't budge though. Other than that, we actually got along fairly well. Beth would stop by at least every other day to visit. Sometimes Brent would be with her but he never said much. I figured he was still waiting to see if we stayed together and just didn't want to pick sides.

Amy was always talking nice to me. One evening she was telling me she had aches and pains and asked if I could give her a massage. I told her I wouldn't do anything sexual with her but she told me a simple rub was all she wanted. I got out a battery operated massage glove that we used during better times. She couldn't lie on her stomach but turned onto her side as I ran the glove up and down her back.

"John, that feels so good."

I just kept working it over her back, because it felt good to me too. It was my way of being close to her. A couple of times I ran it over her butt; she didn't say anything but she laughed.

Moving onto her back, I massaged her tummy too. She kept making little moaning sounds that told me how much she liked it. Reaching to just above the top of her breasts, I made sure to stay away from her nipples. Going to just below her belly button, I told her no farther. It was easy to tell she wanted more. Plus I remembered it was one of the things we used to love doing to each other.

I gave her a massage most every night. I think it was for my benefit as much as hers. Eventually I made the mistake of running the glove over her nipples. But she just stared at me and smiled. A few times I went over her mound and laid the massage glove on her pussy till she came. Watching the lust in her eyes was a real turn on even though I wasn't doing more with her. Those nights I left the room in a hurry, hoping she didn't see how it affected me.

I decided it was time to get the baby's room ready. Amy told me what she wanted and I did the painting, even adding wallpaper borders. At times when Beth was there she gave me a hand. It was funny but I think Beth and I became even closer then.

It felt as if she was the only one who understood what I was going through. It wasn't easy on me but I was able to talk to her. Beth and Amy made a list of things to get before the baby came. When I offered to get them, Beth went along to help me get the right stuff. Brent seemed even more distant to me now. When he stopped by, the four of us talked but he didn't act like my best bud anymore. But I just didn't have time to deal with the problem then.

Amy and I talked about naming the baby. She wanted to name him Matthew after her late father and I had no problem with that. She picked John as his middle name after me. When I told her we should wait for the DNA test, she got pissed off at me.

Did you ever have the feeling that something wasn't right, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it? That's the way I felt about the baby. I was sorry it made Amy cry, but I couldn't help thinking the way I did.

My suspension was about to run out so I talked to my boss again. He told me I could resume driving a truck again the following month if I wanted to. A week after getting my license back I got a call from mom. They were taking Amy to the hospital; her water broke. Since I was at work, I told Ray and left. As soon as I got there, my dad told me the doctor said it would be a couple of hours.

We all went into a birthing room where we could be together till it was almost time to deliver. I could tell Amy was in pain when she yelled out, but there wasn't a lot I could do. When she asked me to hold her hand, I took it right away. The doctor asked me if I wanted to stay for the delivery, and even though I didn't want to, I said I would.

My parents left the room when the delivery team came in. My mind was thinking about every possible scenario while they checked Amy. All of a sudden I was hoping he would be my child. Maybe holding Amy's hand, wondering about our future, softened me up.

Next thing I knew, Amy screamed out and the doctor had a baby boy in his hands. He looked a mess, but I really hadn't known what to expect either.

"Well, Amy and John, you have a perfect baby boy," the doctor said as he showed me how to cut the cord.

Then he handed the baby to the nurse who cleaned the little guy up a bit, wrapped him in a blue blanket and handed him to me. I had to sit down, I was so afraid of dropping him. After they finished with Amy, she sat up and I put the baby in her arms.

For the next few minutes everything seemed right with the world. Amy smiled and kissed the baby before handing him over to a nurse. She took him over to measure him and whatever else it was they did to new babies. I went out and told mom and dad when they could go back in. Beth and Brent were there and went in too.

Before I went home that evening, I asked to speak to the doctor privately. I told him I wanted a DNA test done on the baby and me. He didn't seem happy about it but agreed to get it done as soon as possible.

Mom and dad were happy as could be with their only grandchild. Even if Amy and I didn't stayed married I knew they would want the baby in their life.

I went ahead and worked the next day since I didn't want to be home alone wondering about the DNA results. After work I went to sit with Amy and the baby. My parents and Beth had all stopped by during the day.

The following day I brought Amy and the baby home. While I was there the doctor told me he wouldn't have my results for a couple days. When we got home, Amy moved the cradle next to her bed. She said she wanted the baby near her for a while.

It was easy to see Amy knew what she was doing as a mother. She said she wasn't worried because she helped Beth with her two kids since the day they were born. I held him for a little bit but I honestly didn't want to find myself attached to him before I received the results. Since I never told Amy that I had the tests done, I wondered if she thought I changed my mind or was going to do it later.

One Saturday a couple weeks later she asked Beth and Brent over to play cards. Beth told her that their kids were spending the night at her parents' house because they were taking them to the zoo the next day.

While the four of us were playing cards there was a knock at the door. I got up and answered it. It was a special delivery envelope. After I signed for it and looked at the writing on it, I knew it was the test results.

"What is it?" Amy asked.

"It's the DNA results for Matthew and me. I asked to have the test done right after his delivery."

Amy looked shocked. "I can't believe you really did it. I told you I have never been with another man, other than ..."

She didn't want to say a name. We all knew who she meant.

"Well then, do you want to do the honor of opening it, seeing you're so sure?"

I was trying to act cool but my insides were a mess. Beth and Brent just sat there not saying a word.

"Give me the damn thing and I'll prove to you once and for all you're Mathew's father," she replied, grabbing the envelope.

*

Chapter 3 out very soon

Thank You for reading my story

Comments are welcome and appreciated

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers
12