All Comments on 'Rocky Mountain High'

by Thucydides

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
great story

thank you for a great story. welcome back. i know its greedy. but more please

abboncabboncover 9 years ago
Weeelll.....

I liked the story, but not the method. I think this would have been far better done in your Oregon Coast style, possibly from Katherine's or Paul's perspective. As there is no mention of a partner/spouse for either Mike or Laura, perhaps further chapter(s) could deal with them (either together or separately).

I love all your other stories, and have read them all many times.

Nick (Australia)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
works well as an outline

But doesn't allow the character development you had specialized in in your other stories.

A nice experiment. Well done within the form. Less than Victorian letters, not as sparse as tweets. Some more expansion might have helped flesh out the characters.

Love your work, read every one. EXCITED TO SEE YOU POST.

ThucydidesThucydidesover 9 years agoAuthor

It's an experiment with the form. Doing it this way presents some unique challenges and opportunities. I don't think the plot or the characters break any new ground, and I'll let the audience judge how well it works.

Where I've been is probably my next story.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 9 years ago
I love the format

This was a different way to tell a story. I like the idea of letting the reader use their imagination to fill in the blanks.

Awesome job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I must disagree

I respectfully must disagree with ABBONC. Normally, I don't enjoy this type of a story, and I pass them up, but when I saw it was your story I gave it a chance. I'm really glad i did! I wouldn't want a steady diet of it, and I missed your character development in other tales, but I must confess I enjoyed this one very much. Well done, sir!

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

Good story, but not too gung-ho with the form. I expect I'd best check out some more of your work. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

Your form started to put me off, then I just got swept up in the story. It's rare to be able to put together a full romance in such a short space, but the form allows it. But then, you're good with whatever you put your mind to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
form only detractor

Have read all your work. Must admit when I seen the story form and questioned how it would work. Must admit from a lesser writer I do not think it would work. Would not recommended a steady diet but of the form. and the quality proves a great writer can make any form work. You sir made it work.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Excellent Story

The form is far superior to Joe Friday third person forn though the ideal form is

a well balanced mixture of both.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 9 years ago

A very different form than what I'm use to seeing on this site. Believable though. I wouldn't say to this often but a change of pace every so often is good.

NWRaptorNWRaptorabout 9 years ago

Another story with a good plot. Please continue writing. Your stories are always excellent, although the narrative style is preferable to this one. Love the moral lessons in your stories; that's missing in so many other writers' plots.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great !!!

Great story. I really liked the part about the Hale Koa hotel as that is where the Army put our youngest son and his wife up at following his return after his 3rd combat tour.

Once again thanks for a great story !!!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
very creative

and entertaining

kudos

Dragonfire14Dragonfire14over 8 years ago
Superb Love Story

I must be dense because it took me a bit to catch on to the way your story was written but after I did I thought it was a great change of pace and so apropos for today. Ironically, the night before I read your story I was texting with my daughter for about 1/2 hour as she waited for her pick up at the airport where she lives. It occurred to me that many in the generation of my kids (early 30s) text more than talk so using this style brought realism and relevance to the story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Loved it. Novel way to tell the story.

wyldwulffwyldwulffabout 5 years ago
Suprised

I did't think I would like the story in this format, but damn it turned out to be a good tale!

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago

A very good, uniquely written story. Extra credit for the 'Carol Alt' reference; that name brought back a wave of teenage fantasies!

Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Terrific story! Well handled!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Painful format for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mason and Olson are a tad too similar names and it took me a bit to sort out who was writing whom. Single spacing within an email exchange and double spacing otherwise would make reading this story so much easier. Should this have been in the Letters and Transcripts section? 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Rather immature and childish at time between Katie and friend

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written story, enjoyed very much

Old_LionOld_Lion7 months ago

Sorry, really hate this format.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous