Rocky Mountain High

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Paul Mason

IF I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU? I love you, you asshole. I'm going to worry about you one way or the other, so you better let me know you're OK every chance you get!

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Katie Olson

Don't say that, Katie. Not to be dramatic, but what I do is dangerous. Keep your options open.

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Paul Mason

You never did tell me what you do in the Army.

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Katie Olson

I can't by regulation. You need to believe that this was never just a summer fling to me. I am extremely, deeply in love with you. The next year is going to be chaotic for the both of us, though, and keeping this relationship going may be more than either of us needs to deal with. I really hope you'll still be around when I get back, but if you're not there's no hard feelings.

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Paul Mason

Don't be so damn noble, Paul. If I love someone it's not just as long as it's easy. I'm going to miss you and worry for you and pray for you and when you get back I'll be waiting for you.

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Mike Olson

I stopped in Amsterdam on leave and spent a good part of my back pay on a big diamond. I'm hoping to put it on Katie's finger when I get home. I'm not asking for your permission, because (1) Katie would kill me and (2) I'm going to do it whether you like it or not. I did want to give you a heads up and ask for your blessing. Assuming of course that Katie will say yes.

FROM: Mike Olson

TO: Paul Mason

Of course she's going to say yes, you dense son of a bitch. Haven't you figured out by now how much she loves you? And yes, you have my blessing for what it's worth. My only concern is that Katie still has a couple of years of medical school and internship to finish up. You better not derail that.

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Mike Olson

I have no problem with a long engagement if that's what she needs. I don't expect her to put me ahead of becoming a doctor now. I love that girl with all my heart, and I feel like I need to tell her that.

FROM: Mike Olson

TO: Paul Mason

She knows it already, but there's no harm in making it official.

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Katie Olson

Hey, when's your break from school?

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Paul Mason

June. Why?

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Katie Olson

I'll be back by then. Ever hear of the Hale Koa?

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Paul Mason

Is that a tree?

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Katie Olson

No, it's a military hotel on Waikiki Beach. I get priority on my way back from deployment. How about going down there with me for a couple of weeks? We both could use a vacation. Sand, sunshine, palm trees...

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Paul Mason

That does sound good. I don't think I've seen the sun here in Seattle in the last six months.

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: Katie Olson

I'll make reservations, then.

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Laura Daniels

Laura! Look! [hand.jpg]

FROM: Laura Daniels

TO: Katie Olson

Damn, girl, you going to be able to get your exam gloves on over that?

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Laura Daniels

Who cares? Guess what happened?

FROM: Laura Daniels

TO: Katie Olson

Hmm. Your man who you've been desperately missing for the last year came home, grabbed you, and swept you off for a vacation in Hawaii. I hope you brought your Parcheesi board, because I can't imagine what else you might be doing to pass the time. Spare me the details, though.

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Laura Daniels

Stop teasing or I won't ask you to be the maid of honor!

FROM: Laura Daniels

TO: Katie Olson

Oh, hell, that's great. Congratulations.

FROM: Katie Olson

TO: Laura Daniels

In the Hale Koa gardens overlooking Waikiki Beach at sunset, no less! My God, my fiance's good! Perfect day, perfect setting, perfect man...

FROM: Laura Daniels

TO: Katie Olson

Stop before you make me sick. I'm happy for you, though. Really.

FROM: Paul Mason

TO: All

Major (ret) Paul Mason and Dr. Katherine Olson, together with their families, request the honor of your presence as they are joined in matrimony at the Skyline Ranch on June 23 at 1: 00 PM.

12