Saffron and Sam Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

****************

I didn't feel like I was going money crazy, but I was going to spend some more of my money on things that I wanted. I went out and traded in my Mustang for a Ford F 250 4 x 4, club cab with the diesel engine.

I went up to the airport to Halsey Aviation to talk to Buck about an airplane. I told him I wished to buy a twin engine Cessna or Beech and he told me he thought I could do better than that.

"What happened Shorty, some rich uncle die and leave you some money?"

"Yeah Buck, something like that. What do you think I should do?"

"Let me call a friend of mine in the Justice Department and find out about their auctions. Sometimes if you have good money you can get a good deal."

I went home and waited for Buck to contact me about the availability of aircraft. I felt a little excited and then Ally came over to spend the evening with me. After we ate soup and sandwiches for dinner we were setting on the couch just enjoying the evening when we started talking.

"What's this about you buying an aircraft. Daddy told me you're going for big guns, where'd you get that kind of money?"

"When I graduated, my grandfather's trust finally coming to an end and with the settlement from that guy that beat the hell out of me, I'm a millionaire several times over, although I have to take it in yearly installments. I've already purchased that property up at Moaning Lake and I want my own aircraft."

"Well Sammy, I guess that means I need to sign a prenuptial agreement before I would marry you then."

"I'm really not that shallow Ally; although that might not be a bad idea."

She is punched me lightly on the shoulder and kissed me.

"I'll do anything you want me to do Sammy."

****************

The next day, Buck called me to tell me about a 2013 Beechcraft G 36 Bonanza that had been confiscated in a drug bust by the DEA that was coming up for auction. Even used, it was worth about $750,000, but he thought I could get it for about $500,000 because of the stigma of drugs attached to it. I called my mother to help set it up and I made a sealed bid of $500,000 to the government for the confiscated drug plane. I wouldn't find out for about two weeks, whether I had won or not, so I had to show some patience.

I also got hold of an architect that the energy people with the college told me was used to building energy efficient homes and start the ball rolling on building a house to take full advantage of the Bluff and the view of the lake. I told him I wanted the house up as soon as I could get it there and he asked if the next summer would be good enough. I told him that would be fine and explained everything I wanted. He said the final price tag was going to be around $500,000 and I told him that would be fine. He told me he had some theoretical, revolutionary ideas he wanted try. I told him that would be fine.

Ally and I drove up to Moaning Lake and walked over the property. She couldn't believe how beautiful the property was and how big the building lots were close to the bluff overlooking the lake. She said she felt overwhelmed by the amount of money I was spending.

I showed her the best part at the end of our little hike around the property, walking her up to the stretch of the decommissioned highway.

"Oh Sammy, this would make a perfect runway."

"Absolutely Ally, why do you think I bought all of this? I can put up a insulated steel building relatively cheaply to use as a hangar right there and use it to fly in and out as I please."

"Just remember you have to get it inspected and designated by the FAA to land here."

****************

Things started going south for Ally and I's relationship about two weeks later. It was Saffron's birthday and mom invited us to dinner to celebrate at the house. I brought Ally with me and we ate at the dining room table. I bought Saffron a nice addition of blouses and dresses to add to her ensemble; with my mother and Ally's help of course. She was gushing with happiness as I gave her the presents. She was ooing and ahhing every time she pulled one of the articles of clothing, complimenting me on my taste. Then dad broke the news about the property I had bought.

"Oh Sammy, I always knew you would do what you said and buy that property. I'm so excited for you."

"Thank you Saffron; now just keep opening up your gifts."

"I'm just so glad that I've got women in this family that could easily make a burlap sack look good from just their sheer beauty," my dad said as he sat there with a big dumb looking smile on his face.

"It's easy to see who Sammy gets all his charm from," Ally said as she watched Saffron open the rest of her gifts. She seemed happy as Saffron gushed over her gifts because she had had a hand in picking out some of the gifts.

As the dinner ended and we had cake and ice cream, Saffron's favorite, the doorbell rang. I thought the mood changed considerably when the entire Mad Packwalked in. Saffron had invited them over to celebrate her birthday and I could hardly blame her; these were her friends. Of course they started down to the basement and I started to say my good nights, when Saffron confronted me.

"Sam Sanderson, I hardly see you anymore, you're not leaving yet. Come on downstairs with us and let Ally meet the girls."

"Do you really think that's a good idea Saffron? They might get a little too rowdy."

"Ah come on you stick in the mud, bring your girlfriend and come on downstairs and have some fun for a change."

"What do you think honey, do you want to meet the rest of the Mad Pack?"

"It's fine with me, if it's okay with you."

"I don't know how okay it is, but let's go."

As we went downstairs, they were all lined up on couches and chairs, with some music already on the stereo. It wasn't that loud, but it was rock, which Ally immediately disliked.

DJ started the downfall rolling quickly by saying, "Look here ladies, Sammy's got a new woman. What's your name sweetie? And how did you end up with our Sammy."

"Ladies this is Alyssa Halsey, who likes to be called Ally," as I started pointing out everybody to Ally. "Ally, this is Desiree Janus a.k.a. DJ, Kelly Jo Manners, Donna Morris, Barbara Frankel, and Cassandra Connors, everybody calls CC; Saffron you know already and the girl that looks like a younger version of Barbara is Lisa her younger sister."

"Pleased to meet you everybody," was all Ally replied as she made her way over to sit in a chair, but keeping a firm grip on my hand at the same time.

"We're quite protective of our Sammy because we helped raise him in the sexual arts if you know what I mean."

I just looked at her sternly and said, "DJ!"

Ally surprised me by saying, "Well that's good because I'm just using him for sex."

Everyone busted out laughing except for me, Saffron, and CC. DJ added insult to injury by saying, "I was his first as his 18th birthday present, and Kelly Jo followed the next evening by teaching him the art of oral sex."

"Well, all I can tell you is, that you taught him well because he's the best I've ever had and we enjoy sex as much as we can."

"Well Ally, I'm just letting you know the truth, he's slept with every girl in here with the exception of Saffron and Lisa (this getting a strange look from CC and Saffron. Plus he's had a go at two of my sisters and a couple of other people out there in the public. You're definitely getting an experienced guy, well practiced in the art of love.

"I can leave so that you can talk about me in total privacy if you want me to," as I was getting more and more pissed off as the conversation continued.

"There's no need for that Sammy, we're enjoying the conversation with you here. Why would we want you to leave? I'm just letting her know of your history with theMad Pack. We have previous claim on him young lady. Wouldn't you say so counselor?" this being said to Kelly Jo, who had just been accepted to Yale Law school.

"I would think that we would have prior claim on his person and could submit the proper evidence."

DJ continued by saying, "I don't think you really need to worry about the three of us," her pointing at Donna Jean, Kelly Jo and herself. Barb had him in a relationship for a year and messed that up, Lisa was interested but never got to first base, while CC thinks you're just keeping him warm for her until she graduates medical school."

I was really getting upset about this and Saffron said, "I think that's enough ladies, cut the poor girl some slack, she doesn't know how crazy we are."

Ally shocked me by saying to Kelly Jo and DJ, "Well I would say that possession is 9/10 of the law, so I'm not too concerned at the moment."

With that, Saffron started handing out beers to everybody and to me my usual Coke. Saffron started talking with Ally and they seem to be enjoying their conversation. All of a sudden Lisa started talking to me out loud saying, "Sammy, that was wonderful flying with you that day; can we do it again sometime?"

"You went flying with him?" asked CC as she looked questioningly at Lisa.

"Saffron has flown with him before and he took Roxy, Barb and myself up one day about three weeks ago."

CC looked at me and said, "That sounds good Sammy, you'll have to take me up sometime."

I just looked at her sternly and said, "I don't think so Ms. Connors, wherever would you find the time? I mean with your busy study schedule and all, I don't think it will work."

She actually started sobbing slightly and Saffron interrupted her conversation with Ally and walked over and shoved me saying, "Way to go dickhead, why would you intentionally hurt her feelings."

CC got up and went up the stairs to go home and I excused myself and followed her up. As I caught up with her upstairs before she got to the door, I apologized for my behavior and my snide comments.

"There's no need to hurt me Sammy. I feel like I've lost you already anyway. You don't need to rub it in."

"I'm not really trying to hurt you CC, I'm sorry."

"Why are you so angry anyway; you seem like you moved away from me with that Ally girl?"

"I guess I just feel little angry because you haven't been taking me seriously and you're taking me for granted. Just thinking I'm going to be there waiting for you."

"Sammy I'm thinking you'll be there for me when I finished school because I think were meant to be together and I still love you deeply."

"Well CC, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I'm going back and now."

"Just go on back to your woman and I'll go home where I belong."

When I went back downstairs to the basement, the way Ally looked at me told the whole story. She was pissed off and I could tell it as she glared at me. Saffron came over to me and asked me where CC was and I told her she was on her way home. She asked me if I'd take care of things and I told her yes.

"She was still angry, but I apologized to her for what I said; that's all I could do."

I sat down beside Ally and she brushed my hand away when I tried to hold it. She would just have to get over it. I was tired of this jealousy all the time. Saffron came over and sat down and started talking to her again and asked her when I was going to bring her over to see her new house.

"I'll try to come over some evening when both Ally and I have time. Right now our schedules are pretty hectic."

"I have time and you have time Sammy; don't blame this on me."

"Well Saffron, my schedule is hectic and I'll try to find some time to come over to your new abode sis."

DJ interrupted things by asking me about flying, "When are you going to take me up Sammy?"

Donna Jean using her usual tact said, "Jesus DJ, is there a plane can get those things off the ground."Everyone busted out laughing at that one, even Ally.

"I wouldn't bring up the size of body parts in comparison about getting off the ground if I were you Donna."

I personally thought was a good slam back, since they were getting personal with each other. I laughed very hard at that, but the other girls thought it was a cruel statement.

Ally used that opportunity is the excuse to glare me, when I realized it was me she was pissed off that not the statement by DJ. Women pissed me off, getting angry and raising hell about one thing, when it was really another thing they were angry about. I wasn't going to press the issue, however, realizing I would have lost, no matter what the case.

When Ally and I finally left and took the drive back to my apartment, the environment in my truck was very icy to say the least. She was easily the most angry I had ever seen her.

Finally she broke the icy demeanor by saying, "Well I guess I won't need to sign a prenuptial agreement after all."

"What do you mean by that Ally? You've been seething all evening; just spit it out and get it out the open."

"I can't believe you ran out after your ex-girlfriend like that. That was so rude of you."

"I can't comment on how you were raised, but I was raised that if you hurt someone's feelings, you owe them an apology, whether it was an old girlfriend or not."

"Well for someone you're not supposed to care about, you sure got your ire up when she only asked you to take her flying."

"I just got pissed off because she takes me for granted, like I'm going to be there when she finishes medical school. That's why got upset by what she said, but I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. And I still care about her, she's still a friend."

"Well Sammy, you sure ran after her."

"And what was all that shit about 'you're only using me for sex?' How am I supposed to feel about that?"

"You can feel any way you want to about it; probably the way I feel knowing you had sex with everybody that room but two people."

"You knew I had a reputation before you ever took up with me; I've never asked about how many guys you had sex with, it's none of my business."

"It still makes me feel cheap having it paraded in front of me like a police lineup of your former sex partners."

"I told you beforehand I wasn't that keen on going downstairs with that crazy bunch, I know what they can be like."

"So now it's my fault?"

"I didn't say that, but we were both a victim of circumstances. Besides, you took up pretty well for yourself."

"The point is that I shouldn't have had to."

"Okay Ally, I got your point, I'll run you home," as I turned the car and headed the other direction.

"I didn't tell you had to take me home, I just want you know I'm upset; and I think I have every right to be."

"I don't see any reason to go back to my place; you're obviously not in any mood to be with me tonight."

I took her home and when we got there, I started to do my usual go around and opened the door for her and she just got out and slammed my truck door saying, "Don't bother, I don't need any more of your fucking charm tonight," as she stomped up to her door and went in.

****************

If the lid wasn't on the coffin of our relationship that night, the call I got the next day put the last nail in it. I went to my classes and got back to my apartment about 3:00 PM when I got a call my cell phone. At first I didn't recognize that voice until she talked.

"Hello drummer boy. Why the hell haven't you called me?"

"Hey Charlie, what's shaking?"

"I am, all the time. I need a favor from you Sammy."

"Shoot, you know I'm never one to turn you down; what you need?"

"Well, I'm getting ready to go into the studio to record my second album and since my first one did so well, I have little clout about what songs I do. I want to record your song Sammy;I'm Just Trying to Get over You.The record executives were against it, but I turned into a bitch from hell and told them I wouldn't do it now without that song. It will have to be rewritten from my feminine standpoint, however, and I need you to do that for me. More like a lover's lament from the woman's standpoint. Can you come down here for a few days and help me?"

"When?"

"I need you here by Monday; will you do it?"

"Is this the number you'll be at for a couple of hours?"

"Yes, why?"

"Let me call work and see if I can take vacation next week. I'll call you back as soon as I can."

"You're a good man Sam Sanderson, I've always said that."

"Call you later Charlie."

I got on the phone after I hung up and called Fred Bishop to ask him if I get had vacation next week. It was the start of summer so was no big deal that I would be gone so Fred had no problem granting me vacation. I called Charlie back and she surprised me as usual.

"That's great drummer boy; just go to the Delta ticket counter on Monday morning by 7:30 AM and there is a first class ticket waiting on you."

"You must've been pretty sure of yourself Charlie?"

"I can read you like a book drummer boy; you were always a friend that someone could count on. You haven't changed. Are you sure you're coming?"

"I'm not totally 100% sure yet Charlie; a little trouble on the relationship front."

"Who with, the fly girl? She seemed a little bit flighty when I met her, pardon the pun."

"She just gets very jealous and it's starting to bother me, a lot."

"Well come on down, assist me, and get away from all that drama for a week. I'll see that you enjoy yourself."

"I'm sure you will, I might see you Monday. I'll let you know if I'm not coming. Bye-bye."

"Bye-bye drummer boy, I'm an optimist; see you Monday."

Just as I hung up there was a knock on my door. I opened it and it was Ally. She just walked right in and came over and sat on a chair. As I followed her into my living room, I noticed she still had a pissed off look on her face.

"You look like you're still pissed off about last night; I thought you'd be over it by today."

"I think you're still in love with that little pixie CC and I don't want to hear differently."

"So you've just made up your mind and I don't have a say in any of it." Don't you think that's a little dictatorial?"

"I want for us to spend some time together this weekend and in the evenings next week. I don't think I'll take 'no' for an answer."

"You may have to take 'no' for an answer, at least for the evenings next week. I just got a phone call and I may be going to Nashville next week for the whole week."

"Who with, that slut Charlie?"

"That's funny, you were so giddy when you met her and now she's a slut? She asked me for a favor and she's a friend, what did you think I would say? She needs help with a song that she wants to record and I wrote. It has to be rewritten."

"You're going to write a song for a major country star; you expect me to believe that? How stupid do you think I am?"

"With your attitude right now I don't give a good double God damn what you think. I'm getting tired of this jealousy crap. Either you trust me here you don't. Without trust there can be no love. Why is it that I can trust you implicitly and you cannot return the same respect?"

"Well, just let me tell you that if you go down there with her, we're done."

"Thank you Ally, I couldn't decide whether to go, until you just gave me the ultimatum, which I told you I don't take. So we're done, now I guess you can be happy."

She just started crying hysterically, walked over to me, and slapped me hard or all across the face then I really needed. She gathered her things and walked out the door, slamming it very hard.

I was sorry that things ended this way, but I was tired of putting up with this irrational jealousy of her's. Buck had warned me; maybe I should have taken heed. I was feeling pretty down for the next two days and decided to go talk to someone that always had a sympathetic ear.

****************

That Friday evening I got to the address that had been written down for me and saw a beautiful two-story house that was older but very Victorian in style. I walked up onto a wraparound porch and knocked on the front door. As it opened, I got my first surprise of the evening, when standing in the doorway was CC. She just looked at me strangely and said, "Oh, it's you," in a voice that was very disgruntled.