All Comments on 'Sex - on the Rocks or Neat?'

by MagicaPractica

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Skip1934aSkip1934aover 16 years ago
I'm still confused

Thanks for an informative and interesting read, Magica. You have given me a peek into the minds and interests of women that has eluded me for years. It's great that ladies are finally coming out of the shells that society has held them in for far too long. God gave us sex, and mankind has given us inhibitions and double standards that have stifled the progress of liberty. And yet, the minds of women still confuse me. But your review brought to mind Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman." Well done.

wizarddriverwizarddriverover 16 years ago
Thought provoking

A thought provoking article, I hope there is more feedback from female readers saying what they are looking for in stories on Lit so that Authors can try writing to satisfy that market, then maybe Lit itself will become more mainstream and more widely read, nay even become accepted reading.

Whilst 'stroke' & 'wham bam thank you mam' stories still have their place it would be benefical for readers & Lit to fulfill this market that MagicaPractica highlights. Some authors, such as MandyWillis2000UK, already reach this standard, myself I just aspire to reach it with my writing.

Wizarddriver

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I think the answer varies with the woman, but...

In genral, I think most women are not fans of PWP -- porn without plot. For me, those types of stories are very boring. After all, there are only so many ways a tab can be inserted into a slot and if there is nothing to the story other than that and an exchange of bodily fluids, why should I bother to read another one? Yawn. "Characters" who are no more than moving body parts are borrrring. Perhaps I am old-fashioned in your eyes, but the erotica that works best for me is that which is grounded in plot and most of all: characterizations.

If an author gives me those two non-negotiable criteria, then I am willing to read a variety of options, even options I don't find personally enticing (such as anal or crossdressing). However, I am most certainly NOT interested in anything involving pee and/or poop (that makes me stop reading instantly); pain; racial degradation (the impressively-large body of work involving people getting off on being dominated by African-Americans is such a cliche that it is surely due to be the topic of a serious PHD dissertation in my view); or torture porn (which merely serves as a cover for the author's hatred of women). I outright laugh at stories which assume that ALL women have vaginal orgasms or secretly want to be dominated -- that is the male view being imposed upon female sexuality. What I find most interesting and erotic to read, actually is the gay male category, especially stories involving a character's first time with another man.

TrixieScooterpieTrixieScooterpieover 16 years ago
An open conversation is always a good thing!

I appreciate your perspective that women's interests are as varied in this arena as in any other area in life! I'm tired of hearing what I SHOULD find erotic. I actually like stories that are just about the sex as well as stories with more plot and character development. It really just depends on how I'm feeling at any given time. I don't see that what one enjoys reading is necessarily indicative of what one would want to happen in everyday life; literature allows us to explore our most basic needs and desires - even celebrate them - without committing ourselves to the lives led by the characters we might enjoy. Healthy conversation between females (mothers, daughters, sisters, friends) about erotica and sex itself is the first step to helping us all realize sexuality covers a broad spectrum and we can't all be expected to fit into the same narrow definition. What a woman wants is mysterious because each woman is unique. Each PERSON is unique. Good writing isn't limited by the action in the story - it's the prose used to create the story.

jzimmerlijzimmerliover 16 years ago
My thoughts

I would just like to say that as a daughter I was lucky...sex was something that was openly talked about in our house. Sex was something to be taken seriously when the time and person were right, but it was also something that you were to enjoy. I dated and experienced but I can say that the man that I married is the only person that has had his cock in my pussy, and that was before we were married. I am the type of women that most men would love to be married to. I am a stay at home mom and the neighborhood kids come here after school but a freak in the bedroom. I don't think I have ever told my man No! I love it anyway I can get it and I hope to raise my daughter the same way. She is 6 and has been informed about "where babies come from" since she was 3 when I was carrying her brother. I hope to instill the same values in her that my mom instilled in me.

So all of that said, I can tell you that I like a good romance with hot steaming sex. Sure it may be slow and sweet the first time but we all know that not all sex is like that and sometimes we like to be tossed on the bed and just plain fucked - I know I do!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Hm

My five cents as a guy :)

I hate those stories where the heroine is presented as a 'submissive', just cringing and allowing the male character to do his 'thing'. First of all, I don't call that love, to me it seems more like a rape. If that is the secret dream of 'little wimen' :) Sh*, then I'm definitely out of the game. I find all kind of love story's interesting with the exclusion of all gay. But that's my taste :) It just doesn't do anything for me. And yeah, sometimes it's only sex, but without love? Nah.

Cheers Yoron.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 7 years ago
I know that I'm different

But I grew up with several sisters and no brothers. I have an in-your-face wife of Southern Italian background, a daughter (and a son) and a daughter-in-law and two grand daughters. I want everyone to succeed in life, to be all they can be, to have the support and really the expectation that they will all do better than their parents. That's been our (my marriage) goal in life. These women around me are all competent, supported and expected to do well. Why isn't it like this for everyone?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMagicaPractica@MagicaPractica
386 Followers
I'm a passionate, married, BBW looking for an outlet for my writing. I've written quite a few stories of varying degrees of quality over all the categories. I hope you find something you like.