Sisters of the Mists Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

C'seka hissed in surprised pleasure, and sat to explore the new knowledge he'd gained from his pawn.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Christi's thighs, and the grip of her hands on Danica's head relaxed at last. Danica popped up for air, and licked the Duchess' juices from her lips with a purr. Beside them the Duke lay limp, spent from filling his wife with the creamy treat Danica had just hungrily lapped up.

Sliding up next to the Duchess, Danica kissed her, and then settled in between the couple. She only floated in the blissful warmth for a few minutes before she realized how late it was.

"Oh no," Danica groaned, sitting up. "I completely forgot that I promised to bring back lunch and dinner. I barely have enough time to go pick it up and get back."

"Well, we can always cuddle some other time," Christi suggested. "Of course, we'll always be one behind, because we're just going to end up doing other things first."

"I can live with that," Danica laughed as she slid out of the bed.

Christi watched Danica bend to retrieve her robe, purring at the sight of Danica's bare bottom presented so attractively. "Feel free to bring along Celes, Andrea, and Marlena too."

Pulling on her robe, Danica suggestively hinted, "Well, Andrea does need to get your sizes if she's going to make you some brassieres."

"We'll figure out some excuse for the other two," the Duchess said, and winked.

Danica finished dressing, and after a few passionate kisses, walked the pathways of magic once more.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Ebonar glanced at the mirror watching Blackhawk Hall's master bedroom, finding Danica gone. Turning back to the now darkened mirror which had occupied his attention for the last several minutes, he scowled and a low growl hissed from between his lips. Were it not for the Master's awakening, this day would be a disaster, he thought. The information Danica had provided to the Duchess of Cratel would enable Egoria to be better prepared, and Clexis' report revealed a major setback in that region of the world.

Every mirror in the room suddenly flashed, and the face of Zoraster Arias appeared within them. "It is of no matter," Zoraster said in a dismissive tone. "Our other agents across the sea flourish. We will sow the seeds of war through them, and Osiron will be drawn into the battle. The Egorians would have discovered the information Danica provided to them soon enough. Nothing is outside of my preparations."

"Of course, Master," Ebonar agreed.

"Make contact with the beggars and other assorted sundry in the region. I suspect that Danica is involved in the sudden shift of Pharaoh's gullibility. We may very well need to take steps to counter her, if she should choose to leave her hidden lair and interfere."

With those words, Zoraster's image vanished from the mirror. Ebonar moved immediately to fulfill his Master's orders.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Holding the ebon obelisk known as Gosdbane before him, Zoraster felt the power of the god Blorcasir within it. The Lord of Murder's power grew daily, as new worshipers pledged themselves to his unholy name.

That power now served Zoraster Arias.

"Soon the signs will be in place, and I will have the power to wrest you from the clutches of the vain and manipulating gods. Only then will I bring them all low, and wrench the reins of power from their hands. Then, I will undo what they have wrought, and bring justice back to this world. No more will their ridiculous balance afflict us all for their amusement."

Slipping Godsbane back into a pocket of his robes, the Archmage gestured toward the mirrors, bringing them to light, one by one. He observed each for a few moments, and then let them go dark. At last, an image caught his attention, and Zoraster cocked his head in amused surprise. "Well what have we here, my dear Baron."

In the mirror, an attractive young woman sat on the Baron's lap, bouncing energetically over his erection. She cried out in release, even as the middle-aged Baron shuddered. He slumped in the chair, twitching as the brunette wiggled her hips and moaned.


Chuckling, Zoraster waggled his finger at the image. "My dear Baron, I do believe your wife is quite alive and in good health. Such shameful behavior." He then laughed, and added, "I wondered how long it would take you to succumb."

Gesturing again, Zoraster caused the mirror to go dark. "She was easy enough to manipulate. Her desire for money and power sat her in your lap, and it put her in mine as well. Fool that you are, you will do anything she asks to prevent her revealing your indiscretion."

Standing, Zoraster stared at the now darkened mirror. "And with your fall, I consolidate power in the Western Baronies. With Varn, Witharten, and Canterdon fully in my control, the rest will be forced into my cause through the various treaties."

With another laugh, Zoraster spun on his heels, to ascend from his hidden lair to the manor proper above.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

"How can you concentrate to do that intricate carving?" Celes asked, and sat back heavily in her chair. "I can't think about anything except sleep after eating so much two meals in a row."

Looking up from the wand shaft she was carefully putting scrollwork on, Danica smiled and said, "I didn't overdo it." She laughed then and said, "I did want to though."

Celes blew a raspberry and sat back up straight. "Looks like you're coming along quickly there."

"I get a little quicker every time. I'll probably be able to finish the carving on both of them by tomorrow afternoon. I'll have the girls get to work on the clay tomorrow too. That way, I can get started on their toys as soon as I'm done with the wands. We still have to figure out how to get Edna and Ashley their own rooms too."

Picking up the papers and leafing through Danica's notes for Marlena's wands, Celes asked, "Any ideas about that?"

"Have you noticed that neither of them really feel completely comfortable in such a big place?"

"Suppose I have." Celes put the notes back down on the table, "Those are going to be some fire sticks."

"Wait until you see what I have planned for Andrea's jewelry," Danica responded with a sly smile. "I think they'd both be more comfortable with a little cottage of their own behind the manor. It will be a lot easier to modify this place with a couple of doors than to add rooms to it. Between you, Marlena, and me, we should be able to enchant them to have some of the amenities we have here, while still feeling homey for them."

"That sounds like a good idea. I think they'll like it. Defensive magic in the baubles for Andrea?"

Danica nodded, her expression becoming a little somber. "I'd feel better if she had the protective magics we all have."

"Because you don't think we're going to be staying hidden here much longer."

"Not with everything going on in the world. Between Zoraster and the demons, we'd be selfish to hide away and do nothing."

"I think we'd do well to make some bits of Art for Edna and Ashley too. Maybe they can craft some charms that will do us all some good too – especially against demons."

Ashley's voice arose from the door of the study, "We've already started that, actually. When I can manage to get Edna away from whatever project she has planned for us tomorrow night, that is."

Danica waved the red-headed witch over. "Did you hear my idea about getting the two of you your own places here?"

Ashley shook her head. "No, I only just walked up a moment ago."

"Danica thinks the two of you would be more comfortable in little cottages of your own, out behind the manor," Celes explained.

Danica added, "With some of the comforts we have here, of course. Your own baths, and chamber pots like all the ones we have in here."

Ashley's face brightened with a smile. "That sounds fine. I feel so out of place in such a big building, but I do enjoy the comforts you have here."

"Best of both worlds," Celes laughed. "So you're making us some charms, and we can give you some things that will help protect you, until we can make something personal and special. Those demons aren't going to know what hit them."

"I pray you're right," Ashley said. "We certainly stand a far better chance together than I did alone. This has to be part of Meckataur's schemes, and he has to be stopped. Your Zoraster's war will only feed the chaos that Meckataur thrives on."

"I've been thinking about that. I'm not so sure that is an accident," Danica said ominously.

"That does sound like the madman," Celes agreed. "You think they're working together?"

"I don't know, but I don't think it will hurt to work from both sides. Both of them need to be stopped."

"How do you manage to keep working on that wand?" Ashley asked, noticing that Danica had not paused in her careful carving.

Danica wiggled the wand in front of her for a moment with a chuckle. "This is just scrollwork. I'd have to concentrate harder if I were actually carving runes. This won't need that sort of work. I just want it to be pretty."

Celes offered, "Why don't I sit down with Edna and Ashley to get an idea of what they want their cottages to be like?"

"Good idea. I'll knuckle down on these so I can be ready to enchant them tomorrow," Danica agreed.

Celes stood and clapped. "To work then."

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Gaeaye dangled her legs in her stream, considering the words of the elven woman seated beside her. The elf maiden's legs drew ripples in the bubbling brook as well, as she waited patiently for Gaeaye's response.

As the Earth Mother contemplated the peace offering from the Mother of the Fey, she also communicated with her fellow gods. This was not her decision alone, especially on two critical points. Though Gaeaye's domain most closely aligned with the Fey, the decision at hand could have far reaching effects.

For her part, Gaeaye's decision was already made. She had made up her mind some time ago, and this meeting with the Mother of the Fey only confirmed her convictions.

A few reluctant messages from her fellow gods brought a smile to the Earth Mother's lips. Despite misgivings, the rift between the gods and the Fey would be healed.

Cele'drial smiled as well, sensing the shift in nature around her, confirming her hopes. "So, it is done?"

Gaeaye opened her eyes. "It is done. All is agreed. No more will there be strife between us."

"Will you offer your blessing over what is to come with the fullness of the moon, Sister? My children miss your blessed presence, even as yours miss mine."

Taking Cele'drial's hand, Gaeaye replied, "I will. I can feel the rightness of this."

"In this joining, hope burns brighter."

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

I hope you're enjoying Book II in Danica's trilogy. Please take a moment to vote/comment — it's what keeps us writing! Individual chapter votes can tell me a lot, so do vote on every chapter if you wish.

Apologies for the delay. I'm struggling with my muse again. Those of you who were with me at the end of Danica know how it is. The story will come out, because I'm dedicated to that.

Big thanks to Roust Writer for his editing. I don't know how I got along without his keen eye, quick wit, and insight.