All Comments on 'Spending Christmas on the Road'

by Hopenot

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Sweet little story, Mr. Not. Write another, please. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loving Wives, this is how you do it.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Love those coincidences!

5

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

A sweet seasonal tale, thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The best story in over a year. That would make a good movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MC is not at all familiar with the rules of first aid to a pretty unconscious girl. It would not hurt to inspect and lightly massage the left right side of the chest, as well as mouth-to-mouth and mouth-to-pussy artificial respiration. This allows you to study more closely the physiological features of the pretty victim, examine and probe most of the delightful body for injuries, improves blood circulation, increases body temperature and pulse, increases the chances of bringing the beautiful patient to consciousness as soon as possible.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Great story. A lot more romance then LW. But that's fine. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice, heart-warming story for the Christmas season. 5 stars.

The quicky marriage was a bit much, and how they resolved living in different cities was never mentioned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They got married too quickly, and even with the complexes of a "knight in shining armor" and a "girl in trouble".

MC say: "If Mandy is half the woman you are I'll be happy for the rest of my life." Oh wait, man, also 3-4 years old, as was the case with Cindy and then we'll see. A school is certainly not a hospital with rich and assertive doctors. However, the great writers of the site "Literotica" more than once threw the hearts and pussies of loving and faithful wives at the mercy of some tall and muscular football coach, or a romantic and sophisticated literature teacher, or an imperious and imposing new school principal... And much more stable, meaningful, verified and full-fledged marriages were broken into small fragments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice Christmas story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story, but having a second set of eyes look over your story would help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A Christmas story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

uhm...

ok I love it when everything turned out all right.

though not much drama nor conversation.

the description of his drive to his brother's house

was unnecessarily more lengthy than any conversation he had with humans.

thanks Hopenot.

/

the usual non-cuck diet today.

out of seven stories only this one is not a cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure anyone would feel up to sex right after a severe head injury, but that's nitpicky. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great!

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Sappy. I loved it. Thanks. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I‘m‘a sucker fo Christmas happy endings and yours was very nice.

Merry Christmas to ya too.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it, thank you.

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Cute little story.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Sweet story! thanks for sharing!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

Good story, please keep it up. There are not many new writers who start out this well in this category.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Hey! A romantic Christmas story! Good job! 5* and another writer to look out for,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Merry Christmas!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Heart warming

5⭐️. Great story. Loved it.

pepepilotpepepilotover 1 year ago

The concept of the story was good, but the words seemed forced at times. It felt jerky, but still a 4 star story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WONDERFUL STORY! Hopefully, Cindy dies alone. If Randi tells you to write another, please do it, because she's the BEST!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I mean this to be constructive, I swear.

First, when I can skim half of the story and not be confused as to what’s happening in the slightest… you’ve gotten too bogged down in minutae.

Second, giant blocks of monologue make it seem less like a story, and more like reading someone’s diary.

Definite potential here though, so keep working on it.

6yrsofhell6yrsofhellover 1 year ago

A lovely story. Now we need a New Years one as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seconding blackrandi's comment. With Christmas only 5 days away, stories such as this add strength to the first part of your pen-name. Hopeso. MLJ

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

Great little story. Heartwarming and well written

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I liked this story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
Romantic Christmas Story

Nice little twist at the end. I liked the story.

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

Your best story by far. Congratulations five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a romance, not loving wives

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 1 year ago

Great story, but should be in the Romance section, not the Loving Wives. Just sayin'

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Good one!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Nice. Great writing and sweet sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

nice romance. Glad they found each other.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

A really well told Christmas story. I wish something like that to everyone who is looking for it!

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Nice. Cute little upbeat Christmas story.

Hooked

Bargyn1Bargyn1over 1 year ago

Merry Christmas! 5*

FantasyXYFantasyXYover 1 year ago

Good short story. Liked the way it kept flowing and how just the right amount of backstory was woven throughout the tale, instead of being one long and monotonous block of drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought this was GREAT, especially for someone writing their 4th story !

It was a "5" for me..

Well done, and I look forward to reading more of your work...

EastCoaster

NoTalentHackNoTalentHackover 1 year ago

Aw, that was really sweet. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice little Hallmark story, but this should be in Romance, not a section about wife sharing and swinging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed. This is not open for debate. That's how punctuating dialogue in English works.

.

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Nice story, but dialogue gets confusing when you keep closing the quotes on a paragraph, only to have the same speaker continue speaking in the next paragraph. It helps the reader to seamlessly follow the dialogue. 3/5.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

I love a happy ending

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was refreshing! Such a great antidote to all the cucky shit drowning this forum so often.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great Romance story. Why is it in Loving Wives? His wife and his ex marriage had nothing to do with this story. Keep writing and improving your skills, but be more honest about the main focus of your plot. Just because a story includes people who are or used to be married doesn't make it a Loving Wives story. Thanks for the effort.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Corny, but fun. Enjoyed it without fussing over the silly supernatural explanation. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a tragedy turned into an inspiration . Uplifting and enjoyable , glad I read it . You eared the five stars in every aspect of this delightful little tale !

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

What is a Christmas story without a grinch? I volunteer. A sweet story, but where is it LW. Main Character’s (AKA Hubby) Ex only appeared in a dream! And his solution with Cindy was about as woosey as it comes. It certainly is unlikely that Mandy will ever be any less dedicated to Hubby than SiL is for his brother! So there is no real LW in this LW Xmas offering! The twist of Mandy being SiL’s bestie is kinda useless. Since she is a local, she would have to have gotten to the 2-car blockage but she would also have known that getting on the road Hubby chose would have been a terrible idea!

4*. but HopeNot used ‘past’ for his first ref. to Dad’s demise, but then corrected it to ‘passed’ for all the rest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty good. Thanks.

Two suggestions: First, you told us two or three times about the Dad’s death a couple of times and Cindy’s telling Nick she had found someone else. If you’re going to bring something up a second or third time, there needs to be some additional information or further development. Otherwise you’re just repeating yourself.

Second, you introduced tension about the kids’ delayed presents and the importance of the family being together this year, but then you just dropped those and didn’t describe their arrival, the family’s relief that they’re OK, and the kids getting their presents. I wouldn’t create those tensions if you aren’t going to narrate, even briefly, their resolutions.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Great story, just perfect for the season.

bustmypunyballsbustmypunyballsover 1 year ago

Nice story at Christmas time, well done. If only something like this would happen to the older generation that could use it and needs it. At 58, wife left for another man after 30 years of marriage, not even a hint it was happening. Wish I could find a woman like this in my life now to enjoy everything with, except my small cock had nothing to offer them.

kencorokencoroover 1 year ago

Would be a lot better without the creepy coveting of his own brother's wife.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

More of a Romance story than LW, but warmed my heart and his plea to his deceased father brought tears to my eyes. Well done! 5*

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
If

If her car had plenty of gas,why don't they stay in it.Also,how come his brother had any one look for him,when he didn't arrive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very sweet excellent story merry xmas

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

What a great Christmas story!

Thanks for the cheer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such a cute story line. Gave you a 5 because I'm a. First Class Sucker for a happily ever after; given the ugliness of the world today.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

nitpic: her car was turned over and the windows were busted out. yeah this was a good romance story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent, clever Christmas tale, well told. Thank you 🎄👋🏾🤙🏿

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes I read the comments (Usually, I try to avoid reading the comments to preserve my sanity). When I deign to read them, it’s never fails, I always walk away shaking my head,as in this instance. I try to reserve my comments for the authors who deserve them because of their efforts. But here I just can’t help myself. People, if you’re going to make critical comments like @Nitpick below, at least try to demonstrate that you’ve actually read AND understood the story. Basic reading comprehension, you know. Hey@nitpick, you idiot, you ask why they didn’t just get in Mandy’s car to warm up if it had gas? A duh, perhaps because it was testing upside down in a ravine with all of its windows smashed out, a duh ! Anymore dumb comments you’d like to Nitpick about dumb ass?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You seem rather confused as to how/when/why to use quotation marks.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

.... The rational part of my brain cannot help pointing out how tremendously dumb it would be to marry someone less than five days after meeting, especially if she was unconscious for two of those days!

But hey... it's definitely romantic. Tremendously dumb, yet romantic. And it seems to have worked up fine.

Way worst stories out there, in the genre. Nothing wrong with a little fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

TY for the wonderful tale.

Karn9Karn9about 1 year ago

A wonderful Christmas story thank you for writing it!5*

Racerman1969gsRacerman1969gsabout 1 year ago

What's with you & BJ's. 90% of women, especially married ones HATE giving BJ's. Read the stats, & quit writing like a porn director.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nicely done.

However, I did become distracted as it seemed that they were in life-threatening conditions (and without medical care) long enough to threaten their survival. Maybe you know more about that than I, but be careful to keep things believable. And, not to be a grinch, but, if they had both been at Kathy’s house on Christmas Eve, wouldn’t they have met anyway?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story, has the makings of a Hallmark movie. Enjoyed the read, thanks for writing ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

More contrived force and incredibly stupid story writing .

weather forecast for major snow storms are not off by thirty six hours

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done indeed. You’ve crafted an evocative story/plot line that has a big space in it for a reader to interject his or her own traumatic experiences. Btw: I read Harryin VA’s comments and I realized that some of us seem to have an evaluation process that to me is utterly incomprehensible in the extreme. Maybe it’s the water in his area of VA?

numbnutz49numbnutz4910 months ago

A great Christmas story to read in the middle of a southeast heat wave. This one reminds me of the guy that picks up a woman who had been riding a bicycle and had been hit on the side of the road. I won't spoil the ending and (since I don't remember who the author was) but it was a Christmas miracle! Good job, presented with the right frame of mind and a strong heart!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Did she ever get the tight whites off her head?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story. Nice twist with them both going to the same place

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That old ‘you need to be naked to share heat ‘ bullshit. I can just see all the old Antarctic explorers getting their kit off to stay warm.

patilliepatillie7 months ago

Tremendous! Hit all the right notes with startling brevity and economy of words.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Yeah, cute story, but don't let the facts get in the way.

There are two other scenarios as to how this actually went down, because this story is impossible;

1. The whole thing was a hypothermia-induced dream, and they were both found on the day after Christmas frozen dead in the back seat of the rental.

or 2. Because both of them were expected to arrive at places that evening, search parties found them by 9:30AM on Christmas day.

REWRITE!!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Thanks for a delightful tale.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@ Anon with 2 alternate endings: There’s one in every crowd. A party pooper. A buzzkill. Don’t go away mad, just go away. Far away.

Hopenot, a good little short story, thanks for sharing. I’ll be checking out more of your work.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

What a delightful christmas story! And I don't even like christmas! :) 5 stars, and thank you for enjoyable read.

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

I have read this story a few times, usually when I am depressed and always uplifts my mood.

Thanks for writing.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower2 months ago

Thanks for a delightful and uplifting little love story! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Five stars. Nuff said.

JPB

LechemanLecheman1 day ago

Beautiful story, well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous