All Comments on 'Starter Wife'

by Bakeboss

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I've been there

I can totaly understand your story. I've lived a similar story. My first wife was my first real true love. We had lived together before we had married. I was her 3rd and she was my first. After a short marriage and no communication, we divorced and both went our seperate ways. She married again shortly after our divorced and so did I. I went on to start a family with another woman, who I really didn't love. We started a family, then she cheated on me. After another divorce, and several relationships, I moved back home to take care of my ailing mother. After her passing, my first love called me to give her condolences. We talked for awhile, and her marriage was not what she wanted. We have become lovers again and all those emotions have sparked into a roaring fire again. So I know some of what you are feeling. Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
i guess

If this is not crap nothing is.Who at the age of 21 goes home and naps after work,she cheated on him and with him,showed no feeling for her kids and any of her husbands, as far as being a slut she was and is in any decade. As far as the man goes if he was napping at 21 and then cheating with his exwife he may be happily married now but instead of pining about his first wife he should call his kids and tell them he sorry that he was such a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
i guess

If this is not crap nothing is.Who at the age of 21 goes home and naps after work,she cheated on him and with him,showed no feeling for her kids and any of her husbands, as far as being a slut she was and is in any decade. As far as the man goes if he was napping at 21 and then cheating with his exwife he may be happily married now but instead of pining about his first wife he should call his kids and tell them he sorry that he was such a piece of shit.

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
This happens to kids who marry too young

I don't know why anyone would think this was crap. The author is telling us what he went through and can still think about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sorry, but...

first off, this has nothing to do with the age you married at, and second, although I hate to say it, this story is pretty irrelevant. One can turn an anecdote into a life lesson, or give it a moral, or however you want to put it, but this was just a quick, sad little tale to ruin my day. I don't want to hear about things like this just for the sake of hearing something bad.

I can't sympathize, not having gone through something similar, but a woman I have pretty strong feelings for did, and is still there, married to the first guy she ever really cared for, starting her freshman year of college. So I can see the damage it does. But still, it's not age that matters. Nor is it experience. It's simply a dedication to being happy. There is nothing wrong with divorce, really; getting married because you are in love is the right thing to do, and divorcing because you are no longer happy with the marriage is, too. The real problem is the social pressure to stay married for no good god-damned reason (not even kids should matter here; you think kids grow up proper with loveless parents?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous