All Comments on 'Swinger Party Experiment'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
cloacascloacasover 12 years ago
As I remember,

The government controlled wholesale prices. On the whole, retail prices were controlled voluntarily, not mandatorily. The problem was an absence of supply, meaning the oil producing countries cut us off.

The law, which was enacted under Nixon, was meant to encourage domestic production - from old fields - and led to a bubble in refinery capacity to the tune of several million barrels a day, with lots of small refineries opening for small scale oil recovery, etc. The results were complicated, but the government didn't require people to sell for less than the wholesale price. The price restrictions fell mainly on the suppliers and producers of gasoline. The idea was to keep the country's economy from collapsing with gas and heating oil prices skyrocketing and killing demand. It may have been necessary. I remember it seemed so at the time.

The US has had a bunch of laws to support domestic oil. One from the Eisenhower era limited imports. That didn't stop the decline in production. Gasoline at that time was selling for next to nothing per gallon. Domestic fields cost more to extract and then process.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LOOK AND SEE WHAT THE DOOR IS OPENED

curiousity is strange, if only in perspective. TK U MLJ LV NV

magmamanmagmamanover 12 years agoAuthor
Just an add on

The story line here is true, especially the business part. My wife at the time and I ran fueling stations, I remember looking at an invoice that was $0.04 per gallon higher than the Carter administration locked resale prices at. Yes, we went broke in 180 days, had to start all over.

And. I was AT that swinger party, the truth?

I was the guitar player and pretend singer and my wife was at home. I kept the guitar in my lap so they mostly left me alone. They paid me $45, I needed the money. I remember asking the wife once later if she was interested in going to one of those, teasing her about one guy that was around 400 pounds.

Those people were a bit on the crazy side but fun to watch.

Her answer was "no way in hell!" LoL. The wife I have today? She just might go to one, not sure about that but Debs is kind of..naughty. Me? I am 68, not interested in messing around so I just write.

Anyway, that is where this little piece came from.

MGM

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
lol....now that's a close call

why to put an end to it and go home.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Ah Jimmy Carter...

Me thinks that our current president has a bit of that naive populist energy that Jimmy Carter had. Carter has turned out to be a much better ex president than a president.

Fun story told with warmth and endearment. Thank you Magmaman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dull

Not really interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Tripla M,

I think you do Debs an injustice. From the stories that you have told us about her, I think she would say, "No thanks. I've found the guy I want, old buzzard that he is." However, you know her better than any of us do.

Do

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hooray!

the first couple in lit that are not into it. not one nor the other nor both. what a release to see a healthy couple.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good one

Reminds me of a party a friend and I were invited to, it was cold weather. We had no idea. There is one thing you forgot to mention, the smell, or more accurately the stink. When they opened the door it was like hitting a brick wall. People were fucking everywhere. I would think some of them had to be married. We had to step over people to get to the kitchen. We lasted long enough to get a beer and leave. If it wasn't for that it would have been fun to watch. Honestly, I would not stick my jewel into a broad who would take on whoever was next. I am sure that he would have, but the smell was a turn off. Kinda' like a dead polecat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
NOt bad

I had some mention of politics of a liberal bent, and someone commented that it was probably better to steer away from that on the grounds of why irritate half of you audience. Likewise with the gas fiasco. It wasn't as you recall it. Anyway that aside a good story. With the remark that someone's wife would only go bear back, I might have mentioned diseases.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Felt realistic

This seemed like what a couple that enjoyed sex might do. What else is there for us to do sexually? Would swinging be our thing? Probably not but we could go to a party to see what it's like. Obviously Frank and Shelly were trying to manipulate them into it by following them into the bedroom. That felt real as well, acting innocent but pushing them to do more.

In the end, coming to the realization that it was exciting but they really just wanted each other.

What I liked best was that they did it together. Neither manipulated or twisted the other's arm. They talked it out and decided, "What the heck, let's check it out.".

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
The story read as if it was true

A very believable story, well written and edited, and very erotic.

I'm glad that they didn't swing, they really didn't need anything to help their sex life anyway, they seemed to be doing very well all on their own.

Thanks for the read.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Well done -

Not going to argue with anyone over whether it would healthy or not to participate -

I am just impressed at the way you interpreted this couple who were in a good openly communicative marriage. They managed to be reasonably honest with each other - both about their curiosity and their limits. Then checked it out with an open mind and decided they were happier with what they had.

A real winner

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
curiosity killed the cat

and it would have killed their relationship had the fucked around with others....but why go in the first place...seems odd or was she keen to try it...he certainly wasn't.....I think she is a bit of a whore on the quiet....but then it was the swinging sixties...free love...plenty of pot and plenty of fucking any one and every one.....

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
A nice loving story.

Re the last comment. Curiosity is okay; just don't stay as the room fills with pot. Why didn't the police officer smell it on them? I'm still confused re her underwear as she was dressing. I thought she had on panties and bra yet he later stroked her bare bottom. When he selected the dress, she commented about it not being suitable for a bra so I assume she took it off. I also assume she did not find her panties as they hurriedly left the party house.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Finally

you write a story where neither one cheats, and they are honest and and love each other. Well done. Didn't thint you had it in you. Marriage and swapping don't work together. The only sharing in a marriage should be with each other !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very Nice

This was very nice. I liked this couple, individually and together. The story seemed real and flowed well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"cut" vs. "snipped"

"So. Are you cut?" Dale asked Jerry out of the clear blue sky. "Cut. You know, sterile?"

"Uhhh...No, I'm not."

"Oh. Too bad. With Patrica it has to be bareback."

Yikes. Just yikes. I realise in 1983 that AIDS was new and still considered primarily a "gay disease", but there is a huge difference between "cut" (male circumcision) and "snipped" (vasectomy). If I was circumcised (cut) in infancy in 1966, medically that wouldn't have stopped me from making your wife very pregnant in the 1980s.

What name did you choose for the "oopsie baby" that resulted from this misunderstanding?

GillotineGillotineover 6 years ago
I bumped 3, when I meant to press 5

That is all

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Little gem

I found this short tale on search. Got to me since back in circa 1972-1977 I also ran some Texaco stations. Independents now. Yes, government fixed the retail price of our supplies, then later sent out people to go over our books to see if we cheated.

We actually did for almost a month, a whole 1/2 cent per gallon. just an error, no matter, got our company name in a blurb in the papers.

We even got fined, but the fine was forgiven.

And yes, an island attendant in Oregon, where self serve is not legal, got to see lots and lots of titties and a few with no panties on. Now so much anymore, we seldom wash windows.

Good old days, cute tale.

JustaSailorJustaSailoralmost 3 years ago

Great story. Particularly liked how they supported each other throughout. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Glad they supported each other and no one committed adultery. However, they still went too far. A couple in a committed relatiionship should not have been there, knowing what kind of party it was. There was not sex with anyone other than each other, but I don't want anyone seeing my wife naked or feeling her up. Her body is for no one but me, and mine for no body except her. Don't believe in that crap.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Good story. Swinging is not for everyone. It wasn't my wife and my scene either. There are more intimate ways to play with others

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When one fools around while being where they should not be, they are inches from disaster.

The author presented the stupidity of their actions. So often until it is too late, people recognize neither the danger or the stupidity of their actions. What is that old saying, curiosity killed the cat?

kdad9010kdad9010about 1 year ago

We’ll told. Had the feeling of reality and the complexities surrounding the topic. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A near miss.

To close for comfort, and they are lucky, because their relationship is not built to withstand the fallout. They would have ended in tragedy.

Helen1899Helen18993 months ago

An unusual, very sensible well written story, nothing wrong with checking it out, , you don't due wondering then. Realising it's not for you and acting on it, is the sensible way to go. I will die wondering, no way will my husband ever go near a swingers party,xxx he doesn't share with any man. I think he is hopeful of watching me in bed with another woman, and being able to join in. 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...