All Comments on 'The Bachelorette Party'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
phoenix764phoenix764about 19 years ago
What about the engagement ring?

It was a good story, but he should have asked for the engagement ring back. It would serve a couple of purposes: 1) a physical reminder of what she did that destroyed their relationship, and 2) why should he let her keep a expensive ring that says it is a promise to marry. Too many people don't understand that once you are in a committed managomous relationship a bachelor/bachelorette party is not an excuse for cheating.

ryu77ryu77about 19 years ago
I feel...

this isn't the end. Will wait for more..

Cheers!

beesfanbeesfanabout 19 years ago
How stupid.

How dumb was she? She puts her future with a man she clearly loves at risk. She does it with the full knowledge and over the opposition of her best friend, who also considers herself to be a good friend to the groom to be - what kind of position does that put Pam in? And for what? And yet people (men and women) do these things! This is, as always by this author, a superbly crafted story, with, in this case, entirely credible reactions and thoughts on the part of the main characters. One of KK's best.

Rvav8rRvav8rabout 19 years ago
Wonderful

As always K.K. captures the nuances of life. I hope that there is a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Good story, can he marry Pam?

KK wins another one. Thanks for the story, I thought it was

listed as a romance story, so I expected the fiance to tell

the guy no...at the last minute. I guess no was not in her

vocabulary.

All kidding aside, I wonder just how many husbands out there

(including me) have a wife who strayed at her bachelorette

party? Maybe more than we want to think about.

I don't know about the rest of you, but in many stories I

find myself saying...No way, if that were MY fiance I would

stop it? Or...if that were MY wife, I would _____. I don't

think many of us are that lucky (or unlucky as the case may

be) to have a choice. But I think I would have stepped in

earlier. Maybe not. Maybe he got a cheap lesson.

After reading many of these stories, I have come to understand one thing and that is some men enjoy the conquest

and part of that is busting up a marriage or engagement. I

only know two people personally who did this. One was a

working girl whose chosen mission was to seduce pastors,

priests, etc. She delighted in it. Even then I thought she

was a sick puppy. And there was a guy who loved to break

relationships up. He considered most women were weak and his goal was to prove it. I don't know how these two people

turned out, I got away from them, but I learned they do

exist.

If this had been my fiance, I would have probably told her

not no, but hell no she is NOT going to Vegas like that.

Or break it off while there was some friendship left. One

of the things we older married folks have learned is that you try to avoid temptation.

I vote for him to marry Pam.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Cant' wait for the rest

As always, a great story by KK, leaving us waiting for the next installment. The good news is that there will be another chapter, just hope we don't have to wait to long. The author does a great job capturing the emotions of John, hopefully the next installment will give us a good look at the emotions she goes through as she looks back and tries to understand what she did to the man she loved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Very Good Story

Unlike others I don't think we need a sequel. The story has been told and the lesson learned. Remember she had no regrets about taking this guy to her room and having unprotected sex even though both Pam and John (in disguise)tried to stop it. The story ended as it would in real life more often than not. Though sad, that is a chance you take when you cheat.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
WOW

Well written sad story.... I hope there is a second chapter to this about what happens when they get back home

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Good Job

Realistic, he did the right thing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
sad but right

i guess she will have plenty of time now for that final fling huh.. keep it up great story

rip32rip32about 19 years ago
Very Good

I think this story relates what most men hope they would be able to do. Unfortunately some men would be so in love they would forgive her at the time, then spend the rest of his married life wondering if she was doing it again every time she went off with her friends or to a meeting. He did the best thing in letting her go all the way so he has no doubt of the kind of woman he almost married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Sanity Prevails - Yea - One for the Home Team

---Fairly and joyously he said!!!

A slice of life's reality at last - at last. You, prized author, have a grasp of life and the ability to entertain which unfortunately is largely foriegn to this site. Hopefully other authors read your work and these comments (& scores).

In that vein, perhaps you and the few others who skillfully and entertainingly write of real life and consequence will begin to influence a new author or two. Us, the large audience of non-sickies, can only hope that happens.

You captured the edgyness, the sexual, the drama, the hope for fairness and respect then displayed these very well through your descriptive words - your vignettes of pulsing emotions. Powerful pictures you painted.

Thanks for your time, efforts and talents Mr. Story Teller - More Please - Best Regards

Bridget69Bridget69about 19 years ago
Well thought out.

This story realistically captures the more shameful aspects of an engagement such as temptation and uncertainty. For the most part, I found John to be quite conniving throughout his spying and taking photos, as well as a bit at fault for not trusting Kate, but in the end, you find yourself rooting for him and feel glad that he found out what he did before he married her.

I really hope there's a continuation so we can find out if John eventually forgives her. Then again, I think the story ends well as it is. In its brutal finality, Kate ultimately gets what she deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
A follow up?

I hope there is a follow-up to this story, I am rather curious as to how this could possibly end.

gnfgnfabout 19 years ago
A thought provoking story.

From the many of K.K.s’ stories we have found out that the man can write way beyond where our minds reside.

Here he expands on a couple of the most important parts of human relationships: Trust and Fidelity. How much do you trust one another? How high is the price of fidelity to ones self and the one you say that you are committed to?

Before the trip she states over and over that he has absolutely no cause for alarm about this trip to Las Vegas. She will be a true and faithful lover above all else. He on the other hand not being strong enough to say that this trip is extremely ill advised starts working on a plan to catch her in an indiscretion so much so, that he has 3 disguises made up and goes there expecting her to cheat on him. Therefore he has set in motion a self fulfilling prophecy; so much for trust.

She on the other hand is going to have one last attempt at being free to act out any and all fantasies without remorse since “what happens in Las Vegas remains in Las Vegas”. She doesn’t care what others may think; she is her own person and she can handle it no matter what. That she puts her very best friend in the middle of all this is of no consequence to her. The weasel is just a tool in her plan to let loose during these final two weeks of her “freedom” before sealing her fate with marriage vows. So much for fidelity, it doesn’t count during this trip.

Just knowing where K.K. usually goes there will be other parts to this story; however if there are no other parts he has spun a very thoughtful story, one that if you read it over and over will generate many, many different endings. Think outside the box that you live in. Expand your level of thinking and come up with your own ending it will be the best of them all.

George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
real happenings

Very well written, things like this really happen, i to had a freind, who found out, and ended the relationship before he got married , lets just say he's better off now and enjoying life. Thanks

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
No trust?

A very good story KK.

It is definitely better to know about her fidelity before rather than after he married her.

So he didn't fully trust her in that environment? How many would, really??

WHY have doubts if you can know for sure!!

It almost sounds like He and Pam might be getting together. Maybe just extending a friendship, but maybe more.

I'm not sure it would be a good idea for him to forgive her. How could he ever trust her??

And at this point there is nothing to break up, house, kids, bank accounts, etc. Just the two of them split.

BUT, he may find he loves her much more than he thought and she may be able to convince him she'll always be true now!

Let us know, KK????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
short notes

always a pleasure to read. bitter-sweet, (not b-s). rather dark, (i.e. noire), and i'm glad you didn't work-in Valentine's day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
could there be part 2

what happen when they get back to l.a.pam sounds good.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
great strory

I enjoyed the story and the outcome. He didn't weasle out and prove there are some men, who don't after seeing something like that, would get on the bed with them and suck the cum from her cunt.

Joe_AvgJoe_Avgabout 19 years ago
Should Not Have Stopped Her

This is a great story so far and I'm eagerly waiting on pt. 2. Its well written (as usual for KK), emotional & realistic.

I just wanted to post and say that I disagree with those who think he should have stopped her before she cheated (the author a bit, gnf, etc).

You cant watch a spouse all the time & even if you could, who would want a marriage like that in the first place? He tried to guilt her into stopping a bit and thats about as far as it would be reasonable to go in a situation like this. Far better to let the fiancee continue & hope she wises up before it gets too far than to physically stop them before consummating her infidelity. Stopping them (or trying to forbid her from going to Vegas as George seems to favor) would have just prolonged the inevitable (her cheating). Best to know what you are getting into before its too late so you can avoid a more serious mistake (marriage) & get on with your life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Better sooner than later

Excellent writing. You've conveyed the relevant emotions extremely well. And thank you for making it a story with realistic consequences to actions taken. I think the ending works as written, though you did leave yourself an opening to continue it, and a continuation would not be unwelcome.

If you do write a followup, I hope that you show that John realizes that, no matter how much he thinks he loves her, he won't ever be able to trust her to be faithful. After all, if she can't keep from cheating just before her wedding, a time she should be LEAST tempted to stray, she'll never be able to keep others out of her pants after the routine of married life starts to sink in. Not to mention the lie after lie after lie she tried to feed him even after she was caught. Since you can't prove a negative, there's no way of her proving that she *won't* cheat again, and so, if he takes her back does so on his ability to delude himself that her modus operandus will change after the ceremony.

John felt guilty about spying when she gave no reason for mistrust - except that she did, through the snippets of conversation that he overheard and her refusal to pick up on the hint that he really didn't want her to go. Maybe not reason enough to *know*, but reason enough to feel uneasy, and to begin to mistrust. So rather than feel guilty about the spying or for not stopping her, he should actually be thankful that he found out about this aspect of her character before, rather than after the wedding.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardabout 19 years ago
Great Story

Very well told and an amazing read, but I've come to expect that from you.

Personally I don't know if there SHOULD be a sequel to this. What can we have happen? She gets him to believe that she has seen the error in her ways? He hooks up with the roommate? Wild threesomes for all?

No I think the way it ended was almost perfect, (he should have gotten the ring back ;), and anything else would just dilute the tale.

But if anyone can pull it off it would be you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Excelent story

This was a well written story

My take of this is that the girl is rather immature. The unprotected sex so close to the wedding, in this day and age of AIDS etc.is pure stupidity. Flirting and kissing the weasel in public, and then walking off with him to the elevator, in Vegas were there are secret security cameras everywhere also shows her foolish immaturity. Also, there could have been someone there unknown to her, who knows her and her fiance, and the word could get back to him. This is a girl who doesn't think things out at all.

The weasel himself could have been a psychopathic murderer, or he could have gotten her name and address and used them to blackmail her later.

I would like to see love triumph in the end, but unless he can find a way to help her grow up, he is probably better off finding someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Another well written story

except for the paragraph where he should have stopped her. My opinion if he did stop her that night, that would bother him throughout the marriage worse than if he didn't catch her. But I am looking forward to a follow up between him and Pam.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
75

Well written as usual man, though I don't have it in me to give a higher score to any story on an erotica site that doesn't include actual sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I've read this several time but never...

got around to writing a comment.

I think this is one of your better stories. It really grabs the emotions - I think even more than if they were married!

Yeah, he could have stopped it - or even stayed home. But why should it be his problem?

Great story! - DJ

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Kates Stupidity

You cant blame Jeff he wanted to see if kate could handle herself and prove to herself she could be a good and trusting fiance and trustworthy he needs to find someone else a great story K.K.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Amazing story

Very well written, this story had my heart pounding like mad when I read it, always wondering if he could still do anything against this fling.

I'm also glad that this guy doesn't just forgive what is just unforgivable, especially so short before the wedding.

*goes to read the next part at once*

teh568teh568over 14 years ago
Good But It Needs More

This was a good and well written story. It just seems to be unfinished. It ends with her crying on the bed with Pam trying to calm her while he drives home berieved that his fiancee could not keep her pants or panties on. Maybe another chapter telling how they ended up, finally resettled in thier own home town. One final afterthought, the term 'What ever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas' is a totally bogus and foolish idea. Nomatter where you end up doing the cheating...YOU ARE STILL CHEATING!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

A fucking good one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very well done, but none of what happened was his fault

He did the right thing in not stopping her. He's her fiance, not her dad. Unless he plans on shadowing her for their entire marriage, he has to let her decide. And he did. And she did.

A great read, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Romance?

Really? This is in romance?

DWornockDWornockalmost 12 years ago
Very creative and well written story.

However, the story is not plausible and certainly she would not have forced Pam to stay out of there room so she could have sex with the guy. That is totally illogical. Instead she would have gone to the guy's room so I had to deduct a point

Furthermore, for him to assault Pam to get the room key, and that is what it was, is so unacceptable that I had to deduct another point. Therefore, I could only rate the story 3 stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

An amazing tale! Beautifully told and I can't wait to read the rest. I'm guessing part two will justify it being in the romance section.

"I had several opportunities to stop her before it went too far but I didn't do anything."

Not true. He tried to get her to stop herself, and that is exactly what she should have had the sense to do.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago

Please don't make him marry her. I am begging. Please!!!!

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Wonderful Story

All one small failure, when he called her, he should have asked her what she was doing, forcing her once again to lie. I have read this story three or four time all ready and never cease at how well it is done.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Second time through

Still a favorite of mine. Five stars.

IGotYurWifeIGotYurWifealmost 10 years ago
Great story

Your imaginative situations never cease to amaze me. To paraphrase the Riddler who was in awe of Batman, Where does he get these amazing ideas? ? As to Pam, she had a responsibility to the intended bride and she blew it. Uh she screwed the pooch. No, Kate did those things. Pam knew what Kate was going to do and she shirked her responsibilities. SHE was an enabler.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

Dancing many dances with the same guy, dancing slow dances too close, going to HIS table to get him to dance are all danger signals.

SHE may think she’s “just flirting”, but what about her “friend”? What does HE think?

"I only did it so I could have one last fling before we got married. I didn't even enjoy it.”

So you won’t mind if John has “one last fling before [you get] married”, as long has he doesn’t enjoy it?

Pam is useless – she should have told Kate that if she didn’t get rid of the weasel that SHE would call John and tell him! Hell, SHE could have kneed him in the balls and told him to leave her friend alone!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Re: Stopping It

The problem with him stepping in and "stopping it" is that then HE would be the bad guy for not "trusting" her and following her.

No, he had to let things run their course and HOPE she would come to her senses and do the right thing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still one of the best.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Following up on my own comment re: "stopping her", the point is, if HE has to stop her, instead of her stopping herself, then what happens the NEXT time, when he isn't there to "stop" her?

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
In the Nick of Time!

-As much as it hurt,he was lucky to have found out her cheating tendencies BEFORE her cheating would have ended their marriage. Once a cheater,always a cheater!

- No fucking way he can get over the images of her sucking the weasel's cock,with the evidence of weasel cum running down her legs. And what happens when 9 months later,the baby weasel is drawn like a magnet to hen houses?!

- Maybe he should just realize that old friend Pam is really the true blue friend he'd want for a loving wife.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago

An all time favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
About Fucking Time!!

I thought that the whole world was filled with wife's that only like Bbc and the cuckies that would put up with it or women that cheated and the husband's were just fine with that. It is remarkable that a man actually stands up and say's enough. Good bye and goodluck but I won't tolerate cheating. Loved it!! More writers have to come forward and write about men with a set of balls and their brain functioning properly and say enough of this shit! Hooray because it is worth a cheer to actually have something to cheer about!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
finally

no bbc afro green monkey fornicator. and no puking the night away.

obviously not written by wimp poor excuse for a human white man

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
This marriage is doomed before it began.

This story really creates some visceral emotions. The author conveyed these emotions well, and the reader could feel the fiances pain. If he has no more trust in her than that they are never going to make it. All of the efforts he went to to spy on her tells me that they have no business getting married. He created his own hell and deserves the aftermath. He should have just stayed home. A 4 Star Rating.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Very good

Good story about a man finding the future wife's true nature before he married her.

fifteen16fifteen16over 4 years ago
Before

A good story i remember reading some years past, it reflects the reality of life. Some may criticise him for spying on his fiance, it's not a nice thing to do. True it's not but he found his trust was unfounded which justified his spying. An old saying, "what the eye does not see the heart does not grieve over", true, ignorance is bliss they say. It's been written here "trust and verify", again true but you cannot live your doing that. How many of us go through life where a friend of our partner knows something that we do not?. Makes you think does it not. It's natural in the early stages of a relationship for little insecurities to creep in. To sometimes ask searching questions seeking reassurance, that can lead to a lot of trouble. So what is a man or woman to do, trust implicitly and never doubt?. I think the best thing to do is just follow your instinct, that gut feeling but you can only do it once. Then live with it good or bad.One more thing in a mans defence, it's not simply whether his fiance or wife is going to be faithful.There are a lot of men out there who have no regard for a ring on a finger. They will spike drinks with alcohol or drugs to gain their end so it's also about protecting. Yes she says she is a big girl now, famous last words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Flat

I agree with his decision but at least take her ring. Out of curiosity, one last fling?!? It’s not like she was pulling trains before him and was trying to relive the glory years lol she didn’t have flings to begin with

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

I think I've enjoyed every story you have written. This one was sad but good none the less. Thanks for all the work to give us some FREE entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

A Very Good Story . I wish I had done the same thing . Big Difference is My Ex went to Reno

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

story was ok, but unfortunately as the story was winding down, it was not hard to tell where it was going..I unfortunately kept reading hoping for a different ending. but I guess author chose to make it I suppose a happy ending for some.. I have a hard time understanding how anyone would except a stab in the back from someone you would trust your life with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very, very good.....loved he ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What is this bullshit of having one last fling just prior to getting married. Idiot woman, YOU ARE ENGAGED! You don’t slept with anyone else but your intended! Kate is just another cheating slut!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As for Pam, she didn’t stop Kate from cheating on her fiancé so Pam is just another slut!

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars.

Thankfully, it did not turn into another crappy RAAC.

Skanky bitch got exactly what she deserved.

The multi disguises for the MC was a good twist - certainly made it stand apart.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

well lot of red flags flying lol. i know im older now but even when i was young and dumb i wouldnt have married someone that i didnt know their friends let alone their bridesmaids. these ppl getting married dont even know their friends are lol thats just sad

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

"Pam, I am terribly sorry about the way I treated you in the casino. I know none of this is your fault. I didn't mean to squeeze you so hard. You have been a good friend for a long time and I hope this doesn't change that."

she was going to lie to him for the rest of their lives he really wants to keep her as a friend? i fear lies are so common ppl just dont care if they are being lied to. hopefully i will be dead before that society ever happens. "in the year 2525 aint no use in truth tell all lies"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author writes a good emotional story. " I just wondered if Kate behaved this way whenever I wasn't around." Yep, well said. The essence of a marriage is ideally a partnership and trust is the mechanism. To have the other's back and be the one person who can testify that you came, went, and had someone to witness you counted in an impersonal universe. Absent that, it's nothing. No trust, no marriage. Or at least none I can think of, and probably most people. Propriety is a big part of that trust because it IS important to be witnessed as loyal, or at least as a matter of respect. So the story so far of "run Dude, run!" is absolutely right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An interesting question is when should John have intervened. I would never have let them get into the room. Or at least pounded on the door after the picture. Or when she answered called and told her I was in the lobby to come see her because Pam said she was in trouble. In reality intervening on the dance floor on Saturday night, cutting in to dance, tapping the weasels shoulder, either before of after the kiss made the most sense. He could have taken off the disguise very quickly. But meh to each their own. By not intervening he pretty much guaranteed thr worst outcome. Some might say that being passive to see if she cheats is the best way to go. I strongly disagree. Just as it was a mistake for the husband in "Law of the Heart", there is a chance to fix things by confronting earlier. You can still break off the engagement. It is your choice. But you can also delay the wedding, go to counseling or have a drop dead fight, whatever floats your boat. By doing nothing, you lose all agency on the matter and are forced to play out the worst possible outcome. Remember the MC wished that he never showed up and would not have known. Some will argue that is craven. Regardless once he shows up, letting it play all the way out is moronic. Thr point of being there is to watch, take in information, and act. Not react afterwards. And unlike other commenters, I am pretty sure that if he had not gone to Vegas that Pam would have eventually caved and told the MC before the wedding. She seemed trapped at the slots, but was angry and depressed. So Kate was going to get nailed either way with the truth. The next chapter confirms this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Does this story have a purpose? I didn't think so!!!

Why is it in Romance? "Drama, love, risk, and happily-ever-afters" I know monitors are human and can let garbage slip in!!!

Is the author clueless, or are the monitors?

Simply a waste of time

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree wholeheartedly with the Anonymous poster from 3 months ago with the comment that starts with "An interesting question...". You go yo get Intel so you can act, not react. You can still call off the wedding. But by doing nothing until after her betrayal is completed, all you get is regrets and bad images in your head. Act decisively, don't be a wuss. And yeah Pam was for sure going to spill the beans before the wedding anyways. Inaction is a conscious choice and often leads to the worst outcomes in these situations. I would have at least told her on the phone I was in the lobby to prevent aher making a huge mistake. How it plays out from therr is still your choice. I would have at least delayed the wedding if a successful intervention, demanded counseling, and then a prenuptial of going ahead again. If she balks at any of those, then end it forever.

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Bien, bonne réaction. Enfin un mec qui a des couilles. J'espère qu'il ne reprendra pas cette salope de Kate. Et Pam ne vaut pas mieux d'avoir laissé sa copine dériver dans sa trahison.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Better to find out now then later. 5*.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous