All Comments on 'The Coward'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
No thanks

Poor story and, as is often the case with jpb, no resolution phase in the story. All the story did was introduce the reader to a loser.

DrallDrallalmost 14 years ago
Resolution?

This good story could use an ending! Thank you.

Karnak021Karnak021almost 14 years ago
Pattern?

Stories are all getting to be to predictable, no resolution and most of the time lacks the substance his earlier stories had! Sad!... I see a pattern, just posting for the sake of posting with no concern as to quality of the posting.

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 14 years ago
Yup, all JPB did was introduce us to a loser!

No real story here!

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Cute story

And a logical conclusion. Why should he divorce his wife, he is getting paid handsomely, for obstensively legitimate work, as her pimp. Wifey was giving herself for freebies, why shouldn't hubby get a little profit? That's what pimps do, isn't it? SOunds like a win-win-win situation.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Introduction to a nothing character

Yup, he's a loser. There's really not much of a story here. Everyone takes advantage of this guy and he doesn't want to rock the boat so he doesn't look to closely at things and even when he does he takes no action. A Jerry Seinfeld story? About nothing? When the story is about nothing and nothing is happening it can be as long or short as the author wants. It's up to how stupid the readers are as to how long they continue to fall for it. They are always waiting for something to happen. Never did like that show.

thescousegitthescousegitalmost 14 years ago
I just wasted five minutes of my life

reading a chunk of text which went nowhere. Total waste of server memory. I realise JPB is a highly prolific contributor but high vloume of rubbush ain't worth much. BAH!

OldStormyOldStormyalmost 14 years ago
schmuck

As much as I like JPB's writing, this one is total crap. Unbelievable crap.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
He needs to go to the clinic and hire a bum to fuck his wife.

Make sure he has one of those deadly STDs and just wait until nature takes its course.

None of the men would even know she was infected until she started to break out with open sores all over her body.

Since he has long ago given up fucking his wife, he would be uninfected, but all of the good old boys in his office and in her office will be on their way to the grave.

Just a thought !!!!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 14 years ago
IMHO, one of JPB's least appealing stories.

Enough said. This read more like an unflattering obituary than a story. Did not like it, and did not see the humor if there was any.

Phxray54Phxray54almost 14 years ago
Bravo

It is nice that you got everyone talking. Quite a different slant than your usual. Sometimes those things from out in left field may tell us something about ourselves. Thanks Bob, keep em coming...

jiminabjiminabalmost 14 years ago
Sorry

Sorry JPB but not good. But thanks for the writing,, Jim

ryu77ryu77almost 14 years ago
Argh!

I feel like you could have written more.... Oh well....

grogers7grogers7almost 14 years ago
It's an allegory

Relax folks ! This story is an allegory. It's good humor. Laugh a little. The "golden handcuffs" is a term heard among professional employees who might be hard pressed to make as much or have as many benefits at another employer.

WoodButcher57WoodButcher57almost 14 years ago
I agree with digdaddyrich

Give us another story where "Coward" gets backbone and does what digdaddyrich says, Graet Idea.

teh568teh568about 13 years ago
I Myself Would Not Smack the Boss...

I would probably kill him and then do something to that bitch that calls herself your wife. It would destroy her emotionally but would not harm her phsycally...although she does deserve it.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
like i have said before

you either love his sotries or you hate'm

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
SITTIN" AND WAITIN"

sounds more like constipation.. TK U MLJ LV NV

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Poor lost man. Some men need be taken out of their missery

Sad story, sad man, sad life. But a good chance for us real men to bust a gut laughing!!! Thanks

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 11 years ago
Oh COME ON!

This husband has moved to the top of the "I'm a pathetic excuse for a husband" list. Get the private detectives, get the hidden tape recorder, get the video cameras. Do something. Bury these men and their company. Bury them, if necessary. Use your JPB warped mind. Get him to hire some ex-military guys to bury all the men that were in the house that night. Hire a group of Hell's Angels. But DO SOMETHING! FINISH THIS DAMN STORY. You are now on the top of MY list as the most frustrating writer on this site.

Samhain8415Samhain8415over 10 years ago

Most of his stories are just pure shit!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
salaryman

Do it like a Japanese salaryman and sit in the office (staring out the window, playing a video game, twiddling his thumbs) if they fire him they lose her.

Then using the higher income go get his own on the side, never touching the whore.

Not perfect but it is not a perfect world.

AwakeningofSensesAwakeningofSensesalmost 10 years ago
Funny!!

I picture you typing all of this stories laughing you ass off thinking, how the readers get bent out of shape and how easy you can get them off the deep end. Either this or your testosterone level is zero.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Hmmm...

Not a tale I usually read but there is a sequel and I needed to read this first.

No rating

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

You know, I read the sequel and it was totally worthless. I respected the end here more than I did the sequel.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
different, believable

I would quit, and get a divorce. then hire someone, if I had to sell my soul to the devil, to get even with both my wife, and the company, especially the boss.

user110user110over 9 years ago
i'd pimp her cheatin' ass out

and make them pay me whatever they were gonna pay her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So he has no backbone?

And no response to this man telling him he's married to a serial cheater? The threat to blackball him from one industry, let alone many was ridiculous. Move to the other side of the Country and start over. Or move out of the Country and start over. No problems doing that. Leave the whore by herself. She can fend for herself - alone. I think you write this stuff and leave stories without endings just to piss off the readers. UGH!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

'nuff said

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Recorders!

First of all he should get another meeting and get the demands on tape.

Failing that, assuming she is the cheating slut he thinks she is, why NOT use it for his benefit? And I don't know just how good his compensation is, but maybe he should demand bonuses based on her whoring.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
What I don't understand...

What I don't understand is why his new company, with so many married women, has chosen his wife that already had fucked her boss and all her workmates a lot of times...She was damaged goods...why in hell did they need her? 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
GUYS, THIS IS JUST A STORY, A JACK-OFF FANTASY FOR WANNA-BE CUCKS (i gave it 4.25 *s = 85% = A)

Some men just do not know how to react when somene openly make advances to his wife. Some do not know what to say & are paralyzed (shocked) by brazen action or words of the other man. Another group are closet voyeurs and/or closet cucks. They are paralysed because their dreams are (hopefully) coming true.

There are many men who simply can not believe their wife is sleeping around.

* * * * *

I myself married a 30 year old woman when i was 45 (with a stamina of a 35 year old athlete!) Now i am 60 & she is a 45 year old MILF & cougar. I willingly share my wife with a man who is 20 years younger than me! Why? BECAUSE I AM A COWARD & AFRAID TO LEAVE HER.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
good story

I guess, who's to say something like this doesn't exist? I feel sorry for the guy. I would like to think, that even low key guys have a limit. I know it's a story, but there still has to be a balance here. if he likes this kind of life, which is possible, ok, state that. the way it is, I think the first thing I would do, is set her up with some kind of STD, a really nasty one or two. take her to the next gang bang, pretend to leave, but set up fire bombs all around, and under them, as much as I could figure I could get away with, then leave. wait till everything got going then set them off. love to be able to see who actually got away, just to make sure they all paid a price.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Easy easy EASY solution!

While it wouldn't be effortless, infect her with HIV. It is readily available and with just the prick of a hypodermic needle, you have just gained retribution over EVERYONE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The Conversation = -5. The Conversion = +5. The Coward = -5

Two turds, one great story. Sheesh! My problem with this one is the "all seeing" big brother attitude you gave the "Company". He could have gone elsewhere and started over. They wouldn't have all bases covered. Just not possible. But even if he had to leave the country and start over, why would he EVER stay with his cheating slut wife? Maybe hire a PI and get the goods on her and the Company then sue the shit out of the Company and retire in luxury. Nothing worse for a Company like that than really bad publicity. Some one else wrote a different ending where he actually packed up and left, but he was expecting them to find them and they apparently did. That was the unsatisfactory ending to that sequel. Maybe Bob, you could write a sequel where he gets revenge, gets ahead and then really gets ahead? We can wish but we know it won't happen. Where's FTDS when you really need him?

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago

You can be a coward and still not be the typical LW wimp, just have him run away, run away from his problems, empty their bank accounts and try making a new life in another state.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Total

Does a bear shit in the woods--YES-- buy a gun, knife and main these mother fuckers and feed your skank wife to the stray dogs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Prefered Occams Ending

At least there he held onto his pride and courage. He could not win, so it was better not to fight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So What!

A cheating slut versus Life Time Employment, give me a break. DIVORCE the cheating slut. You'd still have the job, if not, get another one and leave the cheating slut behind!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
IT IS ALL RIGHT TO HAVE DISCRETIONS

when your self respect is not involved, especially when the not too veracious company is involved, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not One Of Bob's Better Efforts

Really a waste of time writing this one. Glad it was only a single page so I didn't waste time reading multiple pages.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
As incomplete a story as it gets with Bob.

I've read enough stories from this author to know his fondness of cliffhangers.

But, for this story... that trope of his is simply annoying.

Stopping this sad tale when the story actually gets good... now that's sad.

Ah well - a missed opportunity from JPB here. Maybe he'll pick up the premise of this thing for another one of his stories - would be a shame to let it get waste here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
SEQUEL

There is a sequel by Occamspiledriver. It starts very well with him getting a backbone and continues seamlessly with the same flavor and atmosphere. However it ends no better than this story, with his spinelessness still in question. I gave it the same 1 star I gave this story. Both were well written, but I despise unfinished tales. Save your time for a better story, unless you're just curious.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I think Bob's getting delusional in his old age.....his stuff's getting harder to digest and even more difficult to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I don’t think that this is a good story for the following reasons; 1. There’s no reason for the reader to want to cheer on this guy. No emotional connection with the story. No emotion from the main character. It’s just a flat telling. 2. It has nowhere to go really. The last paragraph pretty much ends the tale. I’m sure a second chapter could be written, but why bother at this point? See above. 3. So if there’s no real please t or emotional connection then the only thing that this tale should have is sex. This game s a sex story short te after all. But no. No sex here either.

While it’s technically well written, it’s not a good read. It’s more like a first draft that’s in need of filling out. But they s is all my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Doesn't matter if he's a coward

Simply pack his things, take all the liquid assets, close the credit cards and move on. Right after he calls a local reporter and tells him his story. Accounts can find jobs most everywhere. Even a big Company can't trace former employees that don't want to be found. Big Brother is dead. When the publicity hits, they'll be too busy trying to cover their public image to worry about one employee that's left them. Nothing the investigative reporters like more than a good scandal. They'll dig up all those men and their slut wives and in no time flat the Companies bottom line will be sinking like a rock.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 5 years ago
A clunker

This is just too far out even for Bob. I must admit that the stories premise is creative. The irredeemable qualities of all of the characters just makes you hate them and by extension the story.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 5 years ago
ANOTHER FUCKED UP STORY!

I'VE READ ALMOST ALL THIS AUTHORS STORIES AND I PICTURE JPB AS A WIMPISH LOOSER WHO LOVES TO BE CUCKOLDED, EATING CUM FROM HIS BOSS WIFE'S CUNT! HE HAS TO BE THE CUCKOLD KING OF THIS SITE, RIGHT?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another

Another load of garbage.However the answer to his situation is to divorce his wife,by their own admission they can't fire him and he gets payback for her cheating on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Junk....

As I keep reading they keep getting worse. Either half finished or just unrealistic.

Yea I know just stories, but really.........

Robby_DRobby_Dover 4 years ago
Repulsive

Repulsive!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just Plain CUCK ....

.... at it again! Always enjoy giving each of his "masterpieces" a "1"!

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Hmmm... coward, yes. I think JPB is showing...

...what it takes to be a cuck (assuming it’s not a sick fantasy of the cuck). If not something the cuck wants, and if not going to split from the slut, then probably a coward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Should just go out looking for STDs, let the whore pass them around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Totally sick disgusting story that is so degrading and humiliating and includes rape and non-consensual forced sex and a form of probable drug induced restraint and more sex.

Tragic and certainly not an entertaining and pleasant read.

This should never be in the Loving Wives category at all.

Where is your common sense with this warped story???????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A story would be good fo you to try. Fantasy is fine unlessit is so unbelievable that it becomes merely embarassing, to the reader. I'm totally embarrassed that i used up part of my time reading such a worthless author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The story sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was a 1 star effort.

Organizations / people that operate that way would just hire the slut. Hubby would have very little to do with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Shit.

Jack440Jack440almost 2 years ago

Not one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She wasn't worth the effort before he was told about her activities, so why bother now. He still had a good job for life and she wouldn't interfere. Yep, good story well written with tongue firmly planted in the cheek.

detroitdave

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

What is it with JPB and pansie male characters?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This one may be your worst story Bob, if it’s not, it’s real close. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Coward or not, the MC shows sound judgement. The skank was already doing this shit before MC joined this firm so why bother kicking up a fuss about her continuing? Just enjoy the benefits and give the human dartboard a wide steer.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Not a coward, except to the incels

bigbob2406bigbob240611 months ago

Definitely not your best.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9046 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...