All Comments on 'The Fantasy'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very Good

Took me by surprise, didn't expect it. Don't want to give anything away

An avid reader

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
(^_^)

I liked it DG, it was sort of the "Becareful what you wish for" type of story, but it had the twist where the husband never actually told the wife it was just a fantasy. As far as she knew he may have actually felt that way.

I thought was pretty good and I was a pleasent read =)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very well done, DG!

A two-fer. A great story and a morality tale for the price of one story.

Makes you think.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Not a morality issue:

The practical point of the story (as I took it, though I doubt it's the author's intent) is that a husband should be aware of his real emotions, particularly in regards to jealousy, before pushing his wife into the hands of other men.

Almost every swingers party we've ever been to had some neophyte leave early in a huff because they'd not prepared themselves for the sight of their spouse with someone else.

Rye and Ginger Ayle

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Great

Fantasy is one thing... but reality is one thing that we might not really be for or want. So be very sure you can handle the out come before you make your fantasy a reallity

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Great writing and story

Very good and to the point

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good

Good Story....Gives a person something to think about if fantasies begin to control his/hers life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Fantasies are meant ...

be just that fantasies. I have never understood why spouses would share their fantasies with each other unless they want to do it. Human communication is a funny thing. The first question you ask yourself is why is she or he telling me this? By definition, a fantasy is some experience you would like to have given no restrictions (e.g., legal, ethical, consequences). So the spouse hearing the fantasy must ask themselves why. Do my spouse want to fuck someone else? Why now - am I falling short to please him or her? Is this really ok?

So by saying "Honey, I would really like you have sex with another (man) woman" even though you say it is a fantasy you are giving the person permission to at least consider it.

Your story took a man (who had a previous partner who fucked multiple men) to the realization that you should know what you really want even if it is fantasy.

Thanks for writing!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
To not a morality issue

I don't know why the hell someone would want to go into the lifestyle. To many WHAT IF'S to count, and not to mention the fact that you could catch some STD. I know people are fucking stupid enough to say that they know what they are doing and that they are very careful. I bet that about 99% of couple's in the lifestyle have friends that don't know what they get up to. If friends don't know YOU, than how the hell can you think you know the people you bring into your beds. I know people in the lifestyle supposedly have rules, but isn't that what marriage basically is. I mean people take vows(rules) and alot of them break them everyday so what makes these people any diffrent from cheaters. Hell, for all you know, the couple you swapped with this past weekend had been cheating on each other, seeing someone behind their spouses back. How do you know that they are using protection when they are with someone else. Even than, that dosen't mean that it worked because using protection dosen't mean that you won't get and STD since its not 100% safe. Like i said, to many WHAT IF'S. By the way, do you know that for every couple out there that survived the lifestyle, 3 or 4 other couple's relationship are destroyed because of it. I know that some of you are fucking braindead that you will say that it was because they didn't have a strong marriage or that they didn't really love each other. I beg to differ, i think that they loved each other so much that the fact that the other was with another person, broke his/her heart. I know someone will say that they were immature or jealous or they didn't have a strong marriage, and again i beg to differ. See i think that the people in the lifestyle are the one's that don't love one another or have as strong a marriage as they claim. If you loved your spouse as you claim to say, then how the hell can you stand to know that they are with or stand to see them with someone else. Think back to when your spouse brought up the subject of the lifestyle, did you ever think that they did it because they were already cheating on you. As for the story, DG another great story as always. Like they say, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

Amen! Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bravo

This was not exactly a pantie-soaker, but a well put together cautionary tale. It would have been nice if there had been some real cum-spraying concatenations after the dream scenario and reveal had played out.

Here, Here!! DG hath spoken!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
If I had read this B4, it has been awhile....

Thanks to the comments spinner, my attention was drawn back to it today. I think that DG was good in achieveing alot with just one page. The moralizing might have been a little heavy handed by current LW standards, however this message is in fact timeless overall. For me, what this story does well is point out the WHY this might have originated as a fantasy for this guy. A slut in his past, and a brief time period of rewarding (relative to age and maturity level) meaningless sex. Once he got in to a REAL relationship, that evolved into REAL LOVE, he finally realized that he never really understood what love even WAS before Carol entered his life. It is still a hot button issue for many readers and authors here, but this BS about swingers and open marriage types having TRUE love and perhaps needing MORE love in order to be able to share is false. It is in fact LESS love, if you don't care who fucks your wife. Even following all of the suggested rules in the swingers guidebook and/or having generally positive experiences, doesn't automatically equate to a deep and truly abiding mature love between spouses. I (and I don't think even DG was suggesting) am not saying that spouses in an open marriage don't love eachother, persay. But in order to share like that can never mean that BOTH spouses love eachother with ALL OF THEIR HEART. But just about every swinger would say different. And those who do are in denial, and lying to themselves, or like this guy in this story, never really understood what TRUE love is. And even maybe ONE HALF of a couple DOES love to that degree, but until it is returned equally for BOTH of them, then it is not TRUE love. Any degree of unrequited love can never be a REAL love. If he really loved her, he wouldn't suggest it. If she loved him, she'd never agree to it. And we can believe in this story that Carol would NEVER have agreed.

I like how DG says it in this easy to digest story. Any man who REALLY, I mean REALLY loves his wife, would NEVER allow another man to have sexual intimacy with her, under ANY circumstances. There really are no exceptions. Because even in extreme or unique circumstances (and yes MANY of those have found their way into LW stories over the years by authors searching for a justification), what doesn't change is that after "pandora's box" has been open, the original bond and love is DIMINISHED and never is the same again. I have yet to read any credible story showing how sex with others makes the marriage better or stronger, and one time I even got Swingerjoe (remember him?) to admit that it doesn't happen that way either. People in an open marriage just simply don't have a fully complete and deeply abiding love for eachother that is shared equally between them. How could they? It is no longer 2 joined as one. 2 plus one, or two plus two or even more, can NEVER join just back to one again. And I think even in cases of long lasting open marriages, at the end of the day, at SOME point in their lives, they somehow manage to RECLOSE the door, and cut out others from their marriages. But even these folks HAVE to concede a diminshed and less than TOTAL love. And I believe that the elusive thing that is missing in ALL of these cases is the emotional concept of DEVOTION. No open marriage, no matter how agreed to or anticipated, has absolute devotion. And without absolute devotion, you no longer have true love. No, you don't need devotion in order to love. No, you really don't. But it will never be TRUE love, if you don't both give it AND recieve that same devotion from your spouse.

And besides, the real moral of this story is about taking fantasy and making it reality. It is almost impossible for reality to measure up to fantasy. When and/or if it DOES happen, chances are you were reading a fiction story! LOL.

Thanks DG! Sorry for the rant. This is common sense stuff for most folks. But yet there DOES seem to be many who need the little reminders that a well executed flash story, like this one, can provide. Thanks again!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...