The Green Green Grass of Home-DGH

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The doctor reported to the judge that I was of sound mind when committing these acts and that it was premeditated. The judge said he would rule on the case in another month.

When we went back to court, my daughter and son as well as Rita were in the courtroom. The judge asked me to stand.

"Mr. Brock, I find you guilty of two counts of murder in the first degree. You will be put to death in the electric chair one month from today. May God have pity on your soul."

My daughter and son as well as Rita all cried. My friend Roger gave me a hug. I had tears running down my cheeks but they were tears of joy. It would finally be over and I would be with Mary.

Roger gave me a note from Rita. It said that she had no idea why Mary went with Damon. She told me she honestly believes that Mary was always faithful to me before that dreadful night. She also mentioned that Roger told her how Mary asked me to take her life and believed it to be true knowing Mary would have a hard time dealing with the guilt of cheating on me..

Now it was just a matter of time before I would see Mary again. Two different political groups interfered and had my stay of execution delayed. I got them lifted but it still put off my sentence by two months. The day finally came and they asked me what I wanted for my last meal.

I thought about Mary and ordered a strawberry pie with whipped cream. I thought about my first night with her and smiled while I ate.

Then I awake and look around me at the four grey walls that surround me
And I realized that I was only dreaming.
For there's a guard and there's that sad old padre
Arm in arm we'll walk at daybreak.
And again, I'll touch the green, green grass of home.

I got one last chance to see my daughter and she told me she loved me. She couldn't understand why I killed her mother. How could I do such a thing to the woman I loved?

"Rosey," I said. "I loved your mother with all my heart and all my soul. I could have forgiven her but she was not able to forgive herself. Please don't hate me. I did what your mother asked of me and now I'm going to go and be with her."

Rosey cried and said she could never hate me. "I love you dad and please tell mom I love her too." I think she finally understood.

Many people will not be able to understand or comprehend my feelings. I will be at peace with the world. I know I was smiling while I walked arm in arm with the preacher. I knew that I would once again be seeing my sweet Mary. We would be together again for all eternity.

I asked in the beginning if you could love someone to much. I guess it's a question that everyone has to ask themselves.

"My sweet sweet Mary, I'm coming to you now. I can see you sitting in a lawn chair waiting for me on the green green grass of home. I love you my darling."

*

Thank you for reading my story. A big 'Thank You' to Mistress Lynn for her editing of this story. Your comments and feedback are welcome and appreciated.

DG Hear